Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #2476
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Awesome! Ours day off may include Blizzard Beach as well, but I'm not sure yet. We'll see.....we usually fly by the seat of our pants that day and just do whatever we want.

OK....you all are going to laugh....I had the wrong day for Back to School night!!!! I'm such an idiot!!! It's still before school starts: just next Tuesday instead of tonight.

And, to top it off, here's how my last couple of days have gone: dishwasher needs complete new wiring (a "varmint" got in there), the right-side drain in my kitchen sink is leaking all over my cabinets and kitchen floor, the garage door decided to break and can no longer be opened/closed and actually, at one point, was hanging hap-hazardly, and, lastly, the dryer vent under the house was eaten into by the varmint (I realized this when I went under the house to turn the water off).

None of these issues are particularly expensive, but just frustrating and "oh, my goodness, all at once!!!" Except for the garage door, everything will be fixed by the end of the weekend, but it's a little overwhelming. You know? (we're not fixing the garage door because we hope to start converting the garage to a master suite once we're home from Disney)

OK....enough of my issues. At least have a laugh at my expense because I can't read a calendar.
I do nonsense like that all the time. I am very unorganized, except when it comes to WDW! And that's just the way life goes; either everything breaks at once or just when you think you are getting ahead with the bills, some big expense crashes down on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
what am I thinking!!! I'll happily stay away from booking this ADR so that some of you can enjoy. Yikes!!!
We have ADRs all week and the amount of food and dessert that I've already scoped!!! I'm all set. You can have my seat.

It all looks amazing I'm sure those of you that get an ADR will have a yummy blast.

Enjoy!!!
No need to stay away; book it if you want it and make the most out of your vacation!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #2477
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

We are going Nov 17th until Dec 6, I have a few 'free' days planned, could anyone who has been in November before give me an idea of how likely it is we will get the weather to hit Blizzard Beach? My DH is DESPERATE to get there, I'm not so bothered as DD can't swim yet so I would be just chilling all day with her in the shallow pools. I am happy to go to the resort pool but as this is DH first time to WDW and he really loves water parks I would love if I could make this happen for him! I did ask in another thread a while back but it was full of people who hadn't yet been in November so no one really knew!!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #2478
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesquivel View Post
Going November 20-30. Staying at BW with FD. So excited never stayed at BW before. Let the count down begin!!!
I will make sure you are on the first post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Hahaha. Very funny on the Back to School night. Sounds like something I would do. I was late for Mother's Day Tea with my preschooler if that makes you feel better!
Sorry about everything breaking at once, that does stink. Our garage door hasn't been working well lately either and I've been lowering it manually. And we've caught 3 of those varmints last week. Luckily, they have done no damage other than to a roll of toilet paper! Hopefully you can get everything fixed quickly with no additional problems.
We've been lowering and raising the door manually for years now as my nephew somehow broke the electric part of it. To this day, I still have no clue what he did.

As for the varmints....these [insert nasty word here] actually lick the peanut better off the trap!!! And I've tried glue traps....they walk on them and then, somehow, kick them off (I've seen footprints on the traps). So, I do the one thing I hate to do: poison. Not just because I have pets and kids, but because then instead of trapping it where I can dispose of it, the varmint crawls off somewhere and dies......in my wall.....or crawlspace.....or who knows where. Yuck.

So, it's ok....everything will work out. Deep breath. Think Disney.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblackstars View Post
We are going Nov 17th until Dec 6, I have a few 'free' days planned, could anyone who has been in November before give me an idea of how likely it is we will get the weather to hit Blizzard Beach? My DH is DESPERATE to get there, I'm not so bothered as DD can't swim yet so I would be just chilling all day with her in the shallow pools. I am happy to go to the resort pool but as this is DH first time to WDW and he really loves water parks I would love if I could make this happen for him! I did ask in another thread a while back but it was full of people who hadn't yet been in November so no one really knew!!
I'm not sure about BB as I've only visited before once at the very beginning of November. However, I would just look at the forecast and choose a warmish day. I do believe all the water is heated, but it's getting off a water slide and then hitting cold air that's the shock.

I really, really wanted to visit Typhoon Lagoon this trip to swim with the sharks, but it closes for rehab the Saturday before we leave.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #2479
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
I do nonsense like that all the time. I am very unorganized, except when it comes to WDW! And that's just the way life goes; either everything breaks at once or just when you think you are getting ahead with the bills, some big expense crashes down on you.

No need to stay away; book it if you want it and make the most out of your vacation!
I'm fairly organized for things other than paper work. grrrr But Disney paper work is all in a pouch. Too valuable to mess that one up. LOL

Oh Thanks for the encouragement, Coconuts. But I'm all set. Too much I want to do so that is very low priority. I just got wrapped in the moment. I've moved on and have other ideas now.

Debate now is to wait for BB offers or go forward and book what I'm seeing open now. I'm not sure if a BB offer would get messed up if I booked now.
Plus I'm still trying to figure out who my "guest" will be that week I'm looking at.

2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

WAITING FOR THE NEXT DREAM COME TRUE PLANNING!
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #2480
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm not sure about BB as I've only visited before once at the very beginning of November. However, I would just look at the forecast and choose a warmish day. I do believe all the water is heated, but it's getting off a water slide and then hitting cold air that's the shock.

I really, really wanted to visit Typhoon Lagoon this trip to swim with the sharks, but it closes for rehab the Saturday before we leave.
We have been debating adding the water park option to our tickets. It would be $140 extra which would give us 8 passes to that and DQ, versus one day at BB. The kids have never been to a Disney water park so I thought they would love it, but they seem kind of meh about it. They don't know what they are missing. And DS was mad that TL will be closed for our trip because he said that's the one he really wanted to go to. We may decide when we get there depending on the weather. We went to the pool this weekend and froze when getting out and it was only @ 70 degrees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
I'm fairly organized for things other than paper work. grrrr But Disney paper work is all in a pouch. Too valuable to mess that one up. LOL

Oh Thanks for the encouragement, Coconuts. But I'm all set. Too much I want to do so that is very low priority. I just got wrapped in the moment. I've moved on and have other ideas now.

Debate now is to wait for BB offers or go forward and book what I'm seeing open now. I'm not sure if a BB offer would get messed up if I booked now.
Plus I'm still trying to figure out who my "guest" will be that week I'm looking at.
I would love to think about BB offers but I don't think a trip next year is in the cards for us, as much as I would love it to be! We do have a DCL reservation for next October, which we booked while on our cruise last year to get the OBB discount, but I don't even think we will be able to do that and will have to move our reservation again. We actually planned and booked this trip last month because chances are we won't get back to WDW in @ 3 years due to unforeseen family circumstances.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #2481
lindap1
DIS Veteran

OMG! I am confusing myself so much over planning. We're arriving on the 10th and since that is outside of the FD promotion it is throwing off dining. Not only do I now have to check out on the 11th..EARLY.. then check back in AND get to to MK for a 8:20 ressie...I also have to replan some of the dining to get a planet hollywood meal in somewhere. I'm hoping that with the coupon, my husband will pay out of pocket so we can try this meal on our arrival day. I have heard that the food isn't that great, but I think my dd , who is 6, will enjoy the atmosphere. I pretty much have our days planned..except for evenings...still working on those plans. We'll have 6 day parkhoppers which will most likely change to 5 since a park on Sunday will be out of the question (that night is room only). Here are our plans so far...please let me know what your think

11/10: arrive by auto train...DTD with possible dinner at PH or RFC

11/11: check out/in...MK with ressie at CP for 8:20
Evening...not sure yet

11/12: HS with lunch at 50's
PM: EP or HS

11/13: EP with breakfast at Akershus
PM: MK for ELP

11/14: Off day with breakfast at Chef M
PM: MVMCP with dinner at Cosmic Rays?

11/15: MK
PM: possibly HS

11/16: AK with breakfast at Tusker house
PM: DTD

All of the evening plans can and probably will be changed
Old 08-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #2482
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have been debating adding the water park option to our tickets. It would be $140 extra which would give us 8 passes to that and DQ, versus one day at BB. The kids have never been to a Disney water park so I thought they would love it, but they seem kind of meh about it. They don't know what they are missing. And DS was mad that TL will be closed for our trip because he said that's the one he really wanted to go to. We may decide when we get there depending on the weather. We went to the pool this weekend and froze when getting out and it was only @ 70 degrees!
I mainly added the water park & more option for DQ. When I sat there and did the math for the five of us to visit DQ once or get the water park & more option, it was a pretty simple decision. Hubby has wanted to go to DQ since our first family trip in 2006 when he saw the building and I told him it was an arcade. He was so upset to learn there was an admission fee. I've been promising him every trip since then we will go.

I figure if we're feeling up to it on arrival day, we'll play a couple of hours there and then maybe revisit on our day off. I think my daughter will just want to lay around the pool, but we'll see what I can guilt her in to.....

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #2483
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would love to think about BB offers but I don't think a trip next year is in the cards for us, as much as I would love it to be! We do have a DCL reservation for next October, which we booked while on our cruise last year to get the OBB discount, but I don't even think we will be able to do that and will have to move our reservation again. We actually planned and booked this trip last month because chances are we won't get back to WDW in @ 3 years due to unforeseen family circumstances.
Well our family circumstance change in March and it may be awhile before I get back too. BUT that just means more time to save my Disney rewards points.
I love paying for things I would anyway, paying the bill when it comes in, and seeing Disney money build up. I can't believe my son's college allows me to pay his tuition with my Disney Visa. That was NICE! and quick points. Made paying the tuition bill much easier.

Off to my day.
Hope everyone has a magical one!

80 days to go!

2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

WAITING FOR THE NEXT DREAM COME TRUE PLANNING!
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #2484
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I mainly added the water park & more option for DQ. When I sat there and did the math for the five of us to visit DQ once or get the water park & more option, it was a pretty simple decision. Hubby has wanted to go to DQ since our first family trip in 2006 when he saw the building and I told him it was an arcade. He was so upset to learn there was an admission fee. I've been promising him every trip since then we will go.

I figure if we're feeling up to it on arrival day, we'll play a couple of hours there and then maybe revisit on our day off. I think my daughter will just want to lay around the pool, but we'll see what I can guilt her in to.....
Yes as much as he doesn't want to admit it, DH would probably love DQ more than the kids. He loves video games!
Old 08-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #2485
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
OMG! I am confusing myself so much over planning. We're arriving on the 10th and since that is outside of the FD promotion it is throwing off dining. Not only do I now have to check out on the 11th..EARLY.. then check back in AND get to to MK for a 8:20 ressie...I also have to replan some of the dining to get a planet hollywood meal in somewhere. I'm hoping that with the coupon, my husband will pay out of pocket so we can try this meal on our arrival day. I have heard that the food isn't that great, but I think my dd , who is 6, will enjoy the atmosphere. I pretty much have our days planned..except for evenings...still working on those plans. We'll have 6 day parkhoppers which will most likely change to 5 since a park on Sunday will be out of the question (that night is room only). Here are our plans so far...please let me know what your think

Evening...not sure yet

We're doing the same exact thing your doing. Room only on the 10th then checking in early morning on the 11th.. we have six day parkhoppers but you can do early ticket pickup on the 10th if you want to. I plan on checking in to pofq then going right to guest services in dtd to get my tickets early. We're probably going to add a day to the tickets since its only going to cost about 12$ a person.

77,79,88-off-site,89,90 FW,96 ASMO, 05 off-site, 07,09,11 POP, 13 POR/POFQ, 2015 POP
DD 50 ,DM 48 ,DS 16
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #2486
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
We're doing the same exact thing your doing. Room only on the 10th then checking in early morning on the 11th.. we have six day parkhoppers but you can do early ticket pickup on the 10th if you want to. I plan on checking in to pofq then going right to guest services in dtd to get my tickets early. We're probably going to add a day to the tickets since its only going to cost about 12$ a person.
How does the early ticket pickup work? I wonder if it would be possible for us to add a park day?
Old 08-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #2487
chocolateavocado
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Evening...not sure yet

Sounds like an awesome vacation planned!! We'll be at disney for some of the same days- we're going 11/14 - 11/19 - and I've changed our ADR's & park schedule soooo many times already too & I'm sure I'm not done yet. I *think* we're going to do MVMCP on 11/15. This is our 1st trip and I just want to make the most out of it. We only have 5 nights there- ds6 just started 1st grade yesterday & I really don't want to keep him out of school more than 5 days (4 days off for the vacation & the following day at home to recoup from the trip). I wish we had more time but am sooooo excited for the time we do have planned!
I'm sure you'll have a magical vacation!!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #2488
JaneSparrow
Mouseketeer

Try WPF&M for free

For this trip, we will buy tickets from Orbitz. This:
Want Value and Extra Benefits? Our special Pay for 3, Play for 5 offer on 5-day Magic Your Way Tickets with Water Park Fun & More Option not only gives you 2 more days of Disney Theme Parks, but 2 more Water Park Fun and More too!

It's the same price as 5 day PH from UT but includes 2 WPF&M too. We will purchase through ebates to get additional 10% cash rebate.

The only catch is you get a voucher redeemable on dates you specify. So can't link to MDE and participate in FP+ until you exchange the voucher.

Just thought I'd share since I saw some folks thinking of getting WPF&M. If you haven't purchased tickets yet then I hope this works for you.
JaneSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #2489
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
How does the early ticket pickup work? I wonder if it would be possible for us to add a park day?
Well, I see your arriving the same day as me. My plan is once I check in at pofq which won't be till about 12:30 I going to leave my mom and son at the resort and head to dtd guest relations. Cheshire figment said that there are two at dtd and I think there's one at disney quest. So far he suggested that to not do early check in so the resort does not put your pkg together too soon. Make sure you bring your licence, a copy of the ticket sticky about early ticket pickup and any paperwork with your resort ress number. This is to just make it easier for the cms. There shouldn't be any problems. I'll add a day to my tickets probably on Tuesday before we go into epcot.

77,79,88-off-site,89,90 FW,96 ASMO, 05 off-site, 07,09,11 POP, 13 POR/POFQ, 2015 POP
DD 50 ,DM 48 ,DS 16
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #2490
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
Well, I see your arriving the same day as me. My plan is once I check in at pofq which won't be till about 12:30 I going to leave my mom and son at the resort and head to dtd guest relations. Cheshire figment said that there are two at dtd and I think there's one at disney quest. So far he suggested that to not do early check in so the resort does not put your pkg together too soon. Make sure you bring your licence, a copy of the ticket sticky about early ticket pickup and any paperwork with your resort ress number. This is to just make it easier for the cms. There shouldn't be any problems. I'll add a day to my tickets probably on Tuesday before we go into epcot.
So what your saying is that once we check in..go to DTD to guest relations with our check in ppw and ask to add a park day? Still not sure that that would be best for us. We already have 6 day parkhoppers..I'm just concerned about whether or not we can do one of our adr's without FD. We may just hit up Hooters for my hubby..

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: