Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #2266
henry lutz
Mouseketeer
 
henry lutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: new salem pennsylvania
Posts: 184

planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibbidibobbidi View Post
Hey November Disers,
We are counting down the days until our Nov 11th-18th trip.
I am just wondering how everyone here is handling their touring plans in light of Magic Bands and Fast Pass+. Are you waiting to plan, planning with traditional fast pass in mind, or forming a plan incorporating FP+? The whole thing is just a bit confusing to me.
hello
we are going the same dates that you are
we are staying at csr
i am using tour guide mike and touring plans for my touring plans
i was not planning to have fastpass plus
i picked the least crowded parks each day and made a some dinner ressies for that park
so you think we will have fastpass plus by then
__________________
Many thanks Walt.
henry lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #2267
Bibbidibobbidi
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 43

Thanks for the advice. I think I will plan with regular old fast pass..its been good to me so far, lol.
Bibbidibobbidi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #2268
mstout
Mouseketeer
 
mstout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry lutz View Post

hello
we are going the same dates that you are
we are staying at csr
i am using tour guide mike and touring plans for my touring plans
i was not planning to have fastpass plus
i picked the least crowded parks each day and made a some dinner ressies for that park
so you think we will have fastpass plus by then
We are going to be at CBR Nov 11-17. I'm still trying to get BOG for 12. I'm much more excited than my girls or husband! I look at resort pictures all the time b/c it will be the first time. My touring plans haven't changed for several months, I hope they are accurate. Dont they send email updates? Park levels are low and it seems, at least on here, there are lots of people going same time.
mstout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #2269
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepixiedust View Post
Honestly one of my favorite things about Disney is the atmosphere. I love the twinkling lights in the trees at night, all the special details that are easy to overlook if you are just focused on the big rides. NO matter what the weather or time of day it is it seems like my family is happier and peaceful when we are there.
I totally agree!!! I love the music throughout Disney World: from the music on Main Street to Future World in Epcot to the music you hear outside of Tower of Terror. I love all the magic that surrounds you throughout the parks.
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #2270
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
I totally agree!!! I love the music throughout Disney World: from the music on Main Street to Future World in Epcot to the music you hear outside of Tower of Terror. I love all the magic that surrounds you throughout the parks.

__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #2271
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,274

[QUOTE=chocolateavocado;49335999]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post


Hi! I don't know exactly where you are in PA- we're in Scranton (about 40 mins from the Poconos or 45 mins Binghamton,NY border).
We don't have our air booked yet either because there's a few things we need to take care of first but should have it booked by the beginning of next month. Anyways...
I don't know how far you are from us, but we plan on flying out of the wilkes-barre /scranton/ avoca airport. Air has come down alot there- last time i checked it was about $265-$285 per person roundtrip. Also, I found by stalking orbitz & expedia that the airfare rates are much,much lower on Tuesdays/Wednesdays. I don't know why- but I read about the cheapest days to book airfare in a woman's world magazine awhile ago- being tues/wed and when I started checking, there was almost a $200 difference between what I saw checking on the weekend vs tues/wed. Just a thought
I just looked it up on MapQuest, 1hr 37 mins via 476! I did not realize Scranton was so close! Unfortunately, there are no non-stop flights, (none from Allentown anymore either) so I don't think that would work for our family.
I could leave out of Wilmington, DE but we'd either have to add or subtract a day from our trip. This would have to be a last resort though, as I'd be afraid I'd lose to DH on that one! Clearly, I'm the one that would want to add a day.
I'm not giving up yet though, still hoping the 49 days theory is correct for the best time to buy....
__________________
ME , DH , DS8 , DS 6 , DD4

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.




April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #2272
Rpasko
Earning My Ears
 
Rpasko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 58

We're from outside Scranton as well. Booked out of Newark. $198 per person round trip on Jetblue. Avoca is nice but always pricey and only direct is Allegiant to Sanford. Have flown out of Newburgh before but too pricey this year as well.
Rpasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #2273
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpasko View Post
We're from outside Scranton as well. Booked out of Newark. $198 per person round trip on Jetblue. Avoca is nice but always pricey and only direct is Allegiant to Sanford. Have flown out of Newburgh before but too pricey this year as well.
Yeah, it s a 2 hour drive from us to Newark, but we may have to do it unless the Trenton airport drops fares. Just dropped down to $242 on United, Jet Blue's cheapest is $302 now.
__________________
ME , DH , DS8 , DS 6 , DD4

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.




April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #2274
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 988

Just booked a hotel for the ride down! Moving right along!! 97 Days!!

Anyone else drive? If so, might you have any board game ideas for little ones? Last year we got DD "Guess Who" and it kept us busy for awhile! Would love something similar (not a lot of pieces to lose) but fun! Also going to make kids a CD with their favorite Disney songs! They get so excited when certain songs come on ....thought they might come in handy if they start getting cranky! lol

Come on November!
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #2275
patclairesmom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Just booked a hotel for the ride down! Moving right along!! 97 Days!!

Anyone else drive? If so, might you have any board game ideas for little ones? Last year we got DD "Guess Who" and it kept us busy for awhile! Would love something similar (not a lot of pieces to lose) but fun! Also going to make kids a CD with their favorite Disney songs! They get so excited when certain songs come on ....thought they might come in handy if they start getting cranky! lol

Come on November!
We're driving from NJ. My kids are older so I think they will be fine with their phones and some movies and books. Of course they will also be doing they're homework.
__________________
(DH)(Me) (DD):artist(DS)

patclairesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #2276
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran
 
AussieAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,287

I'm from Australia, so nope! Not driving!

So excited for our big adventure, but starting to get slightly worried about our 20 hour flight with a 7 month old baby... Ahh, the things you do for Disney!
__________________
November 2013 - Beach Club, 8 nights & Dream Bahamas Cruise
January 2009 - Wilderness Lodge, 12 nights
September 2006 - Pop Century, 7 nights
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
AussieAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:24 AM   #2277
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt
 
taaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,850

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
I'm from Australia, so nope! Not driving!

So excited for our big adventure, but starting to get slightly worried about our 20 hour flight with a 7 month old baby... Ahh, the things you do for Disney!
Lol, I lived in Hawaii til a few months ago, so I sympathize. Now I live in California so driving is out of the question if heading to Florida ...

Spent a few hours on the phone with my airline today though. I found out from attempting to make my Magic Express reservation that the flight I was connecting to had moved up a few hours, so my departure flight was no longer going to connect. Even though I love flying, and we sometimes even fly to DisneyLand rather than take the 6 hour drive, this is the sort of thing that makes me think driving would be easier in some ways ....

Hopefully I'll have a new flight departure tomorrow that connects. They offered to moved me to a day time flight instead of the red-eye that would get me in the previous evening, but it had two layovers, to which DH said no way. Oh well, stick with the red-eye and save an extra night's hotel.

Anybody know of any Epcot area restaurants open at 6 in the morning? My flight lands at 5 now ...
__________________
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #2278
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Lol, I lived in Hawaii til a few months ago, so I sympathize. Now I live in California so driving is out of the question if heading to Florida ...

Spent a few hours on the phone with my airline today though. I found out from attempting to make my Magic Express reservation that the flight I was connecting to had moved up a few hours, so my departure flight was no longer going to connect. Even though I love flying, and we sometimes even fly to DisneyLand rather than take the 6 hour drive, this is the sort of thing that makes me think driving would be easier in some ways ....

Hopefully I'll have a new flight departure tomorrow that connects. They offered to moved me to a day time flight instead of the red-eye that would get me in the previous evening, but it had two layovers, to which DH said no way. Oh well, stick with the red-eye and save an extra night's hotel.

Anybody know of any Epcot area restaurants open at 6 in the morning? My flight lands at 5 now ...
I'm sure there are places open by 6am. Where are you checking into? Their foodcourt would be open I would expect.

Thanks for helping me appreciate my flight being nonstop.
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #2279
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran
 
MamaJessie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Just booked a hotel for the ride down! Moving right along!! 97 Days!!

Anyone else drive? If so, might you have any board game ideas for little ones? Last year we got DD "Guess Who" and it kept us busy for awhile! Would love something similar (not a lot of pieces to lose) but fun! Also going to make kids a CD with their favorite Disney songs! They get so excited when certain songs come on ....thought they might come in handy if they start getting cranky! lol

Come on November!
We drive, I have been pinning ideas for car snacks and games http://pinterest.com/mamajessie/road-trip/
__________________
Me&DH DD-15 DS -11 DD -6 DD - 4
MamaJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #2280
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
We drive, I have been pinning ideas for car snacks and games http://pinterest.com/mamajessie/road-trip/
Thanks! Never thought to check Pinterest.
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: