Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #2251
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer
 
ginny_lynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibbidibobbidi View Post
Hey November Disers,
We are counting down the days until our Nov 11th-18th trip.
I am just wondering how everyone here is handling their touring plans in light of Magic Bands and Fast Pass+. Are you waiting to plan, planning with traditional fast pass in mind, or forming a plan incorporating FP+? The whole thing is just a bit confusing to me.
This is the one thing holding planning back a little, I wish we knew for sure if we would be on FP+ or not....I am making a plan as if we don't have it, but making note of what attractions I would use it for if we so get it...
__________________
Me- (29) and DS- (8)

ginny_lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #2252
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,177

Photopass experience

Wondering what you all have had for experience with Photopass.
Are you allowed to split into two groups and then combine the cards to one CD? It reads like you can.
Also I saw this deal and thought I would share it for anyone considering a pass.
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers.aspx

I'm in my own world when walking around and I am concerned that finding a photographer will be harder than taking my own pictures but honestly I'm hardly in family photos (mostly ok with that ) so it would be great if I can get some with hubby and even greater to have some with our friends. That was why I was wondering if it's ok if we split up at any time to be able to combine photos. I know the last time I was there I only had about 10 pictures so it wasn't worth the CD and I was glad I didn't pre-purchase.

just thought I would ask.
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #2253
kayakstef
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 22

Arrow Online check in

We have a linked reservation at CBR for 1 night no FD and 7 with, what's your thoughts about online check in. Anyone with passed experience?
kayakstef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #2254
tiggerlvr27
Mouseketeer
 
tiggerlvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Hey, there!!! OK...I really can't help with the ADR thing since we're not doing dining this time (I am paying OOP for three meals, and I was on the computer at 5:45 at my 180 day mark). All I can say, is just keep trying. You'd be surprised at the people that cancel even the day before. I know it might screw up your plans, but just keep an eye out.

As for hubby....I've got one, too. He doesn't get excited until just before the trip. Actually, I'm kinda surprised because my hubby has been talking about our trip here and there and says things like "I can't wait to see Quinn with Mickey". I say give him his space. He'll be excited once he's on the plane and can relax from work and real-world stress.

As for airfare...... I see you are on Montgomery County. Where exactly? How would you feel about a 40 minute drive South on 95 rather than flying out of Philly? The New Castle County Airport (now renamed the "Wilmington" Airport) has Frontier flying out....for really decent rates. It doesn't work for us because of the days we are travelling, but it might work for you. You might also want to consider the Trenton Airport (it might be the Mercer County Airport), because I believe Frontier flies out of there as well. Just options so you don't have to pay the huge airfares for Philly (even Southwest is a bit ridiculous in my opinion).

Hope this brings some pixie dust to your day.
My DH as well is not the least bit excited about the trip! I realize however, its not Disney, its the flight! He hates to fly...I love it!!! and I love Disney so its a win win for me...I am sure he will be fine even if its only after we get there...either that or he can stay home and I am going solo
__________________
'85 - offsite
'95 - POR (Dixie)
'05 - CSR
'06 - POP (NoJ)
9/08 - WL -25th Anniversary
11/13 - POR/AK - 30th Anniversary:

tiggerlvr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #2255
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerlvr27 View Post
My DH as well is not the least bit excited about the trip! I realize however, its not Disney, its the flight! He hates to fly...I love it!!! and I love Disney so its a win win for me...I am sure he will be fine even if its only after we get there...either that or he can stay home and I am going solo
I can relate to the solo thing. Hoping mine will be ok. I'm not thrilled about flying but it sure beats driving and wasting 2 days up and back.
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #2256
shellypaige
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 413

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Wondering what you all have had for experience with Photopass.
Are you allowed to split into two groups and then combine the cards to one CD? It reads like you can.
Also I saw this deal and thought I would share it for anyone considering a pass.
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers.aspx

I'm in my own world when walking around and I am concerned that finding a photographer will be harder than taking my own pictures but honestly I'm hardly in family photos (mostly ok with that ) so it would be great if I can get some with hubby and even greater to have some with our friends. That was why I was wondering if it's ok if we split up at any time to be able to combine photos. I know the last time I was there I only had about 10 pictures so it wasn't worth the CD and I was glad I didn't pre-purchase.

just thought I would ask.
You can use the photopass cards that the photographers have and just add them into your photopass account and order them along with the other photos. We used photopass+ last year and loved it!!! It was nice not to lug my camera around everywhere and we got some great shots! I especially loved the ride photos & prints at character meals! Definitely worth the $ for us and we bought it again for our trip this year.
shellypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #2257
Traceylee
Mouseketeer
 
Traceylee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Johns Creek, GA
Posts: 81

With the Poly construction, I changed my resort to GF (11/8--11/17).
__________________
Tracey

11/02-POFQ * 7/04-Disneyland/PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF

NEXT: AKL/NOV '14
Traceylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:57 AM   #2258
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt
 
taaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Wondering what you all have had for experience with Photopass.
Are you allowed to split into two groups and then combine the cards to one CD? It reads like you can.
Also I saw this deal and thought I would share it for anyone considering a pass.
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers.aspx

I'm in my own world when walking around and I am concerned that finding a photographer will be harder than taking my own pictures but honestly I'm hardly in family photos (mostly ok with that ) so it would be great if I can get some with hubby and even greater to have some with our friends. That was why I was wondering if it's ok if we split up at any time to be able to combine photos. I know the last time I was there I only had about 10 pictures so it wasn't worth the CD and I was glad I didn't pre-purchase.

just thought I would ask.
We got the + last year which is the one you can't share since there's only 1 plus card. Then you can put as many regular Photopass cards on as you like. We thought it was fantastic, since we would stop and take pictures everywhere. Its nice to be in pictures sometimes ... actually that was the one year that I probably had the least pictures of the two youngest, my DS6 and my friend's DS4 would always be tired at the end of the night when we took the Osborne lights and castle-type pictures so we got a lot of fabulous adult group shots with no kids sticking their tongues out, etc.
__________________
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #2259
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Wondering what you all have had for experience with Photopass.
Are you allowed to split into two groups and then combine the cards to one CD? It reads like you can.
Also I saw this deal and thought I would share it for anyone considering a pass.
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers.aspx

I'm in my own world when walking around and I am concerned that finding a photographer will be harder than taking my own pictures but honestly I'm hardly in family photos (mostly ok with that ) so it would be great if I can get some with hubby and even greater to have some with our friends. That was why I was wondering if it's ok if we split up at any time to be able to combine photos. I know the last time I was there I only had about 10 pictures so it wasn't worth the CD and I was glad I didn't pre-purchase.

just thought I would ask.
I've had great experience with Photopass! We didn't get it for our first trip in 2006 and a regret it all the time. This trip, I "upgraded" to Photopass+. Yes, you only get one card. However, I have heard that (sometimes) the CMs at the rides can add the pics to your card if you have a good picture of it on your smartphone. Also, although you only get one Photopass+ card, you can add as many regular Photopass cards as you'd like (we tend to "collect" a lot during our vacation ).
And just to mention, sometimes DISers will go in on a Photopass together to keep the cost down per family....it's called a Photopass Share.
Hope this helps!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakstef View Post
We have a linked reservation at CBR for 1 night no FD and 7 with, what's your thoughts about online check in. Anyone with passed experience?
For our 2011 trip, I had two linked reservations because we arrived two days prior to free dining. Online check-in was not a problem for both reservations. However, I did wait until I could do both at the same time (in my addled mind, it was just better that way. lol)
I've done online check-in for both of our last trips on site. I've never had a problem. My room wasn't as close as I needed it to be in 2011, but when I (NICELY) explained to the CM that I have back issues and a long walk to the food court every morning/night would not be good for me, she was kind enough to move us closer. I didn't expect nor did I get a preferred room, but just being in a closer building was a big help.
Does that answer your question or did you need more info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceylee View Post
With the Poly construction, I changed my resort to GF (11/8--11/17).
I'll make the change! I didn't realize the Poly was under construction, too.
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #2260
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
I can relate to the solo thing. Hoping mine will be ok. I'm not thrilled about flying but it sure beats driving and wasting 2 days up and back.
I totally agree, once we flew we never drove again!
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #2261
chocolateavocado
Mouseketeer
 
chocolateavocado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 341

[QUOTE=CaraMiaBelle;49326605]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
OK....so you sooooo don't wanna fly out of Trenton. One ticket would have been $477!!! I about had a heart attack. I did check Wilmington....there are no flights on the 15th, but it's still kind of expensive anyhow. I'm sorry....




(BTW - can you tell I soooo don't want to focus on work today that I'm looking up airfare that's not for me? lol)[/QUOTE

Thanks! Just you checking it cheered me up!

Hi! I don't know exactly where you are in PA- we're in Scranton (about 40 mins from the Poconos or 45 mins Binghamton,NY border).
We don't have our air booked yet either because there's a few things we need to take care of first but should have it booked by the beginning of next month. Anyways...
I don't know how far you are from us, but we plan on flying out of the wilkes-barre /scranton/ avoca airport. Air has come down alot there- last time i checked it was about $265-$285 per person roundtrip. Also, I found by stalking orbitz & expedia that the airfare rates are much,much lower on Tuesdays/Wednesdays. I don't know why- but I read about the cheapest days to book airfare in a woman's world magazine awhile ago- being tues/wed and when I started checking, there was almost a $200 difference between what I saw checking on the weekend vs tues/wed. Just a thought
__________________
ME: DH DS7





1st WDW trip- Nov 2013 @ The Polynesian
chocolateavocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #2262
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,920

[QUOTE=chocolateavocado;49335999]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post


Hi! I don't know exactly where you are in PA- we're in Scranton (about 40 mins from the Poconos or 45 mins Binghamton,NY border).
We don't have our air booked yet either because there's a few things we need to take care of first but should have it booked by the beginning of next month. Anyways...
I don't know how far you are from us, but we plan on flying out of the wilkes-barre /scranton/ avoca airport. Air has come down alot there- last time i checked it was about $265-$285 per person roundtrip. Also, I found by stalking orbitz & expedia that the airfare rates are much,much lower on Tuesdays/Wednesdays. I don't know why- but I read about the cheapest days to book airfare in a woman's world magazine awhile ago- being tues/wed and when I started checking, there was almost a $200 difference between what I saw checking on the weekend vs tues/wed. Just a thought
Actually, the airfare was for Cara (I was just bored. lol). But, hopefully, she'll see this.
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #2263
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
I've had great experience with Photopass! We didn't get it for our first trip in 2006 and a regret it all the time. This trip, I "upgraded" to Photopass+. Yes, you only get one card. However, I have heard that (sometimes) the CMs at the rides can add the pics to your card if you have a good picture of it on your smartphone. Also, although you only get one Photopass+ card, you can add as many regular Photopass cards as you'd like (we tend to "collect" a lot during our vacation ).
And just to mention, sometimes DISers will go in on a Photopass together to keep the cost down per family....it's called a Photopass Share.
Hope this helps!!!
Thanks FC. My friend and I talked about sharing Photopass CD since she loves to scrapbook and I just want some nice pictures of us as a couple and us with our friends. I looked for some links on photopass share and am grateful that this doesn't seem to be an issue since others also are doing this with strangers. LOL
As far as the plus option, even if she opted to do that, I'm so not worried about getting a picture of me on a ride. I probably don't even go on the rides that take the pictures. And would have just as much enjoyment if the picture was of the other couple.

When we went on vacation back in 2000 or 2002 as part of a AAA package we got a Disney Photo frame album. It's silver. Um I forgot we had it and found it the other day. It's empty.
Guess I'll have to work on that.
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #2264
purplepixiedust
Mouseketeer
 
purplepixiedust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 163

Honestly one of my favorite things about Disney is the atmosphere. I love the twinkling lights in the trees at night, all the special details that are easy to overlook if you are just focused on the big rides. NO matter what the weather or time of day it is it seems like my family is happier and peaceful when we are there.
__________________
Mindy
Pop Century 02/26/10-03/06/10
Pop Century 11/15/2013-11/22/2013


purplepixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #2265
drujaz
Mouseketeer
 
drujaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepixiedust View Post
Honestly one of my favorite things about Disney is the atmosphere. I love the twinkling lights in the trees at night, all the special details that are easy to overlook if you are just focused on the big rides. NO matter what the weather or time of day it is it seems like my family is happier and peaceful when we are there.
I second that. I love the rides but I love the atmosphere that Disney brings... Where else can you find themed queue lines that keep you immersed in the atmosphere...

We are west coasters and go to Disneyland on average twice a year and we always stay at a Disney resort. We drive there and park my car and do not see it again til we leave, usually 4 or 5 days later...

This will be my third trip back to WDW and I can't wait to be immersed again.
__________________
"And consider this dismaying observation: this chamber has no windows, and no doors.
Which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out! Of course, there's always my way..."
drujaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: