Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #2071
ottawarob
WDW '76, Disneyland '81, Tokyo '92, WDW '06, Paris '06, Disneyland '08, WDW '13
 
ottawarob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 21

Tips? Heading to Pop Century - 11/11/13-11/22/13

Hi everyone,

Newbie to this board -- thanks to all the great info, everyone.

Just booked Pop Century with free quick service dining -- 11/11/13 to 11/22/13. Planning to take it easy with our kids, 3 and 5.

Been to WDW, but this will be the first time with munchkins.

We're looking for any and all tips for quick-service restaurants, POP resort, or park activities / attractions with little ones. (Or anything else WDW-related.)

One question: We've heard you can ship to the resorts, and have things waiting for you, but have also read that USPS gets confused and has trouble delivering because their systems don't recognize WDW addresses. Tempted to order snacks / umbrella stroller off Amazon, but worried that they may never arrive. (And don't want to pay $25 to ship via FedEx/UPS.) Any advice / experience with this?
ottawarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #2072
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus
 
kelleigh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Behind Gillette Stadium
Posts: 7,700

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Does anyone know what time Wishes would be on 11/21 and 11/22. MVMCP is those nights and I cannot find the times. They still do Wishes during the Christmas Party, right?
Also, can anyone tell me the name of the show on the steps of Cindy's castle and/or know the times they perform?
I believe that Wishes during the parties is at 9:30pm.
__________________

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA







kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #2073
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,119

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Does anyone know what time Wishes would be on 11/21 and 11/22. MVMCP is those nights and I cannot find the times. They still do Wishes during the Christmas Party, right?
Also, can anyone tell me the name of the show on the steps of Cindy's castle and/or know the times they perform?
I didn't think it was called wishes during MVMCP cause it's a little different than the other nights. Could be wrong. But anyway here is the link to the thread for the 2013 MVMCP. You might find some of your answers there.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3105124
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #2074
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,119

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
I didn't think it was called wishes during MVMCP cause it's a little different than the other nights. Could be wrong. But anyway here is the link to the thread for the 2013 MVMCP. You might find some of your answers there.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3105124
LOL it's called Holiday wishes! so I wasn't all wrong.

Ok I have to walk away from computer and get something done today.
To my defense, I did get some bills paid - on the computer.
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #2075
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,046

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
This is Mantoloking, NJ before and immediately after Sandy. I can report that the bridge has since been repaired. And Route 35 is once again open. We actually drove through here a few times a couple weeks ago. And there is a lot of rebuilding going on right here too.

Before:

After:
So crazy, still can't believe it happened to NJ. Definitely a scary night. My BIL is a contractor here in North Jersey, but has been hired by a few people down the shore, and he told me how he can't believe the devastation down there. I just hope it was a fluke and we won't see anything like that again. *wishful thinking* thanks for sharing those pictures.
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #2076
kayakstef
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 18

Pin Swapping

My kids (8 & 5) are pretty shy, however, they got excited about the idea of Pin Swapping with CMs. As a way to encourage their adventurous side I would like to buy some but have no idea where to begin. I don't want to go crazy because on the likely chance they decide that there's no way they are going to talk to any CM then we will be keeping them all, if they surprise me, which they do on a lot of occasions I would like to have them on hand. Please provide any information on where to buy the pins and if we should also get lanyards. Thanks for the help.
kayakstef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #2077
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawarob View Post
Hi everyone,

Newbie to this board -- thanks to all the great info, everyone.

Just booked Pop Century with free quick service dining -- 11/11/13 to 11/22/13. Planning to take it easy with our kids, 3 and 5.

Been to WDW, but this will be the first time with munchkins.

We're looking for any and all tips for quick-service restaurants, POP resort, or park activities / attractions with little ones. (Or anything else WDW-related.)

One question: We've heard you can ship to the resorts, and have things waiting for you, but have also read that USPS gets confused and has trouble delivering because their systems don't recognize WDW addresses. Tempted to order snacks / umbrella stroller off Amazon, but worried that they may never arrive. (And don't want to pay $25 to ship via FedEx/UPS.) Any advice / experience with this?
Hey, there! I'll make sure I add you to the first post. I'm not sure about shipping to the resorts, as we always buy what we need once we land (well, this year we're driving).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakstef View Post
My kids (8 & 5) are pretty shy, however, they got excited about the idea of Pin Swapping with CMs. As a way to encourage their adventurous side I would like to buy some but have no idea where to begin. I don't want to go crazy because on the likely chance they decide that there's no way they are going to talk to any CM then we will be keeping them all, if they surprise me, which they do on a lot of occasions I would like to have them on hand. Please provide any information on where to buy the pins and if we should also get lanyards. Thanks for the help.
Hello!!! My kids have traded pins since their first trip in 2006. You can purchase starter lanyards and sets on eBay for much cheaper prices than available at Disney. However, if you want to wait, when you get down to WDW, there will be several places that are Pin Trading centers/stores (for example, there's one in DTD). You can go there and get a starter set (which is usually 6 or 8 pins and a lanyard). These usually run $25-35, depending upon the type of pins.

If you want some eBay suggestions, feel free to PM me.....I've been buying off of there for years.
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #2078
ammag
DIS Veteran
 
ammag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 771

Hey everyone! I don't think I've been added..and I also sent a request to the FB group so please accept me! Dh and I are taking our Dd6 and DS2 along with my mom for a little surprise trip nov 10-14. Staying at AoA, two park days. One resort day with dinner at Ohana. We went last year for a longer trip, stayed offsite and absolutely fell in love . I am counting down the days!!! And trying to get a CG reservation lol. We are adding this trip onto one that my inlaws are paying for to Miami for a family party. So lucky to have free airfare . We might be exhausted when we arrive but am hoping a day at the AoA pools and a strong drink at Ohana helps!!!!!!
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #2079
purplepixiedust
Mouseketeer
 
purplepixiedust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawarob View Post
Hi everyone,

Newbie to this board -- thanks to all the great info, everyone.

Just booked Pop Century with free quick service dining -- 11/11/13 to 11/22/13. Planning to take it easy with our kids, 3 and 5.

Been to WDW, but this will be the first time with munchkins.

We're looking for any and all tips for quick-service restaurants, POP resort, or park activities / attractions with little ones. (Or anything else WDW-related.)

One question: We've heard you can ship to the resorts, and have things waiting for you, but have also read that USPS gets confused and has trouble delivering because their systems don't recognize WDW addresses. Tempted to order snacks / umbrella stroller off Amazon, but worried that they may never arrive. (And don't want to pay $25 to ship via FedEx/UPS.) Any advice / experience with this?
I believe if you are shipping items to the resort you need to have it addressed to yourself with the word Guest and your reservation number.. My children were 6 & 8 the first time we went to Disney so I am afraid I can't help much with advice for young children. Enjoy your trip!
__________________
Mindy
Pop Century 02/26/10-03/06/10
Pop Century 11/15/2013-11/22/2013


purplepixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #2080
wjchiefs34
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7

Going 11-10 to 11-19 Staying at Pop this is out 2nd trip me and soon to be dw are going. Just a couples trip. also please add me on facebook group i cant pm you yet. wjchiefs gmail dot com
wjchiefs34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #2081
chikinyellow
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14

Hello! Going as a family (DS-4 and DD-2) Nov 17-23 staying at the poly. It is my 5th time to disney (did a couple of 1-2 day trips when we visited family in florida when I was younger )and our second as a family. We went in Nov 2010 when DS was 22 months and stayed at AKL, which we loved and would stay again, but want to try different properties.

Looking forward to seeing everything through the kids' eyes. My daughter LOVES Minnie Mouse and will not sleep without her minnie doll. She is going to flip out!!

I am a member of touring plans and I am starting to wonder if the parks are going to be busier they they are projecting. Even if so, we will just take our time!!

If you can please add me to the fb group, I would appreciate it. Kristina dot M dot Rogers at gmail

Thanks!!!!
chikinyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #2082
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,119

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikinyellow View Post
Hello! Going as a family (DS-4 and DD-2) Nov 17-23 staying at the poly. It is my 5th time to disney (did a couple of 1-2 day trips when we visited family in florida when I was younger )and our second as a family. We went in Nov 2010 when DS was 22 months and stayed at AKL, which we loved and would stay again, but want to try different properties.

Looking forward to seeing everything through the kids' eyes. My daughter LOVES Minnie Mouse and will not sleep without her minnie doll. She is going to flip out!!

I am a member of touring plans and I am starting to wonder if the parks are going to be busier they they are projecting. Even if so, we will just take our time!!

If you can please add me to the fb group, I would appreciate it. Kristina dot M dot Rogers at gmail

Thanks!!!!
I'll be there that same week, so I hope it's not too crowded. But if it is, like you said we just take our time. I plan to set a priority have to in each park and as long as I get that first couple things out of the way, the day is slow going. I'm so excited for your daughter. I hope she gets to meet Minnie.
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #2083
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammag View Post
Hey everyone! I don't think I've been added..and I also sent a request to the FB group so please accept me! Dh and I are taking our Dd6 and DS2 along with my mom for a little surprise trip nov 10-14. Staying at AoA, two park days. One resort day with dinner at Ohana. We went last year for a longer trip, stayed offsite and absolutely fell in love . I am counting down the days!!! And trying to get a CG reservation lol. We are adding this trip onto one that my inlaws are paying for to Miami for a family party. So lucky to have free airfare . We might be exhausted when we arrive but am hoping a day at the AoA pools and a strong drink at Ohana helps!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjchiefs34 View Post
Going 11-10 to 11-19 Staying at Pop this is out 2nd trip me and soon to be dw are going. Just a couples trip. also please add me on facebook group i cant pm you yet. wjchiefs gmail dot com
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikinyellow View Post
Hello! Going as a family (DS-4 and DD-2) Nov 17-23 staying at the poly. It is my 5th time to disney (did a couple of 1-2 day trips when we visited family in florida when I was younger )and our second as a family. We went in Nov 2010 when DS was 22 months and stayed at AKL, which we loved and would stay again, but want to try different properties.

Looking forward to seeing everything through the kids' eyes. My daughter LOVES Minnie Mouse and will not sleep without her minnie doll. She is going to flip out!!

I am a member of touring plans and I am starting to wonder if the parks are going to be busier they they are projecting. Even if so, we will just take our time!!

If you can please add me to the fb group, I would appreciate it. Kristina dot M dot Rogers at gmail

Thanks!!!!
I'll make sure everyone is added to the first post and for those that asked for an invite....I'll send it in just a few minutes.

I have a feeling work is gonna suck tomorrow morning. Three hours of sleep just doesn't do it for me.
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #2084
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,046

105 days! Almost to two digits! Any day now lol
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #2085
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikinyellow View Post
Hello! Going as a family (DS-4 and DD-2) Nov 17-23 staying at the poly. It is my 5th time to disney (did a couple of 1-2 day trips when we visited family in florida when I was younger )and our second as a family. We went in Nov 2010 when DS was 22 months and stayed at AKL, which we loved and would stay again, but want to try different properties.

Looking forward to seeing everything through the kids' eyes. My daughter LOVES Minnie Mouse and will not sleep without her minnie doll. She is going to flip out!!

I am a member of touring plans and I am starting to wonder if the parks are going to be busier they they are projecting. Even if so, we will just take our time!!

If you can please add me to the fb group, I would appreciate it. Kristina dot M dot Rogers at gmail

Thanks!!!!
I am going the same week too, with my 3 kids for their FIRST time, and was wondering about the crowd levels being higher than expected. I really hope that is not the case but I guess it is what it is.
__________________
ME , DH , DS8 , DS 6 , DD4

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.




April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: