Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #1696
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!
 
Jrabbit910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: second star to the right!
Posts: 3,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Well i did a lot of research as far as least crowded dates and originally came up with...the first week in December! Boo no free dining! SO, we are now hoping to go either November 15th-24th or January 30-February9th. Assuming both those dates are not too crowded as ive been reading. The decision basically comes down to which we are able to get the best savings. Since we are a family of 5, we are limited to POR AB in our price range since the value resorts have a little too much going on for my son. (Although my other 2 kids and I would LOVE to stay at AoA) The deluxe resorts are twice the price at the minimum!
I have seen the easy wdw, but have not seen touring plans. So you have found them to be fairly accurate?
I am a little worried about the week before Thanksgiving but crowds looked ok on easy wdw, so I'm hoping they are right. Besides, that week gives him (and us) a full week of "recovery" transition time before heading back to school. : )
Hi Cara, thats the week that we picked (the week before thanksgiving) getting out of there on the 23rd before the crowds pick up. We are booked at the AoA nemo rooms but we are changing it once fd is released. We too are a family of 5. We stayed at the cars section last year and my kids LOVED it. the cars section was very subdued and wonderful. I personally loved the whole resort (except for 1 guest we encountered) but it's amazing and spacious. We might do a split stay with por and the poly... I'm still crunching numbers.
How old are your kids? The only thing worries me about the AB section at POR is the space to unpack and room space. I worry I won't have room for a stroller and bags but I love POR and stayed when it was just the 2 of us. (long time ago). As for easy wdw, I have read thru many threads that it works but I recently paid for touring plans and they are very similar. Hoping they are right. I would like to hope so . I can send u a copy of the November schedule if u would like. I will pm u the calendar and blog they have for the Christmas party as well. hope it helps u out
__________________
The happiest place on earth is wherever my children are.
When you wish upon a star, Your dreams come true
Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #1697
stmize
DVC member--Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 16 & dd 13
 
stmize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Flintstone, GA
Posts: 1,839

Woohoo only 119 days til big family trip
__________________

stmize is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #1698
Rpasko
Earning My Ears
 
Rpasko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post

Hi Cara, thats the week that we picked (the week before thanksgiving) getting out of there on the 23rd before the crowds pick up. We are booked at the AoA nemo rooms but we are changing it once fd is released. We too are a family of 5. We stayed at the cars section last year and my kids LOVED it. the cars section was very subdued and wonderful. I personally loved the whole resort (except for 1 guest we encountered) but it's amazing and spacious. We might do a split stay with por and the poly... I'm still crunching numbers.
How old are your kids? The only thing worries me about the AB section at POR is the space to unpack and room space. I worry I won't have room for a stroller and bags but I love POR and stayed when it was just the 2 of us. (long time ago). As for easy wdw, I have read thru many threads that it works but I recently paid for touring plans and they are very similar. Hoping they are right. I would like to hope so . I can send u a copy of the November schedule if u would like. I will pm u the calendar and blog they have for the Christmas party as well. hope it helps u out

November 13-22 here. Cars suite. Glad you liked it.
Rpasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #1699
Jennybump
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 168

We are also skipping the Christmas party. At $300 for our family of five, and considering we are going with a homeschool group so we have three days of early classes, it just didnt make sense to throw our body clocks out of whack (because I WOULD stay at MK until they shooed me out, oh yes I would) for MVMCP. We are planning to come back down to FL in a few years to do a Universal trip, I'm thinking maybe we go in the Fall and hit up a hard ticket event then. ;-)
Jennybump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #1700
GoofyCdn
Mouseketeer
 
GoofyCdn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 90

Can you please remove us from the list for November? Thanks We have had to change our dates. We are now going December 6 - 14 this year and we won't be staying at POR either. Luckily we were able to get the ADR's we wanted.
__________________
Happily married to DW
Loving father to DS 20, DS 18, DD 13, DD 10
GoofyCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #1701
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
 
babydoll65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,136

We're going November 10th-17th and avoiding the Christmas party. My son is 16 and not into parades. The only parade I would not miss is the electrical light parade. We're doing mk on the 10th for the dessert party. MK 11,EPCOT12,AK 13,EPCOT 14,HS 15,MK 16. Accordingly to the crowd calendar, 11/11(veteran's day) is low due to the mvmcp so we're going to be there bright and early,leave around 5:30 for an adr at trails end Buffett. Hoping to catch the water Pagent at the poly for 9pm.
__________________

77,79,88-off-site,89,90 FW,96 ASMO, 05 off-site, 07,09,11 POP, 13 POR/POFQ, 2015 POP
DD 50 ,DM 48 ,DS 16
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #1702
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,916

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyCdn View Post
Can you please remove us from the list for November? Thanks We have had to change our dates. We are now going December 6 - 14 this year and we won't be staying at POR either. Luckily we were able to get the ADR's we wanted.
I will make the change. Have a great trip!
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #1703
tkbbmom
Mouseketeer
 
tkbbmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
Show of hands for those who are going to MVMCP on Nov 14th....I'm on the fence for which day to go. I think that will be the best day because Presidents day is the 11th and the only other day is the 15th...which is Friday and I'm assuming Floridians will be there!
I'm thinking the 14th too. Although after reading the blog post for touringplans.com he seems to think Thursday are busy. Last time we were there for MVMCP was the 2nd week in Dec. and it was wonderful. Trying to decide if I should buy now or wait until closer to check weather. We purchased the day we checked in previously.
__________________
tkbbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #1704
lindap1
DIS Veteran
 
lindap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 720

I know everyone has their favorite spots for fireworks and parades..so if you don't want to advertise it on here then please message me the best viewing spots for MVMCP. We will have a 6year old with us and her seeing it is the most important thing! I've heard to watch the fireworks on mainstreet and watch the parades at the front of the park (for easier exiting). Not sure if the same about parades is true about holiday parades. I remember from 2011 that MNSSHP parade started at the back of the park so is it the same for the christmas party parade?
__________________
POR in September 2014
lindap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #1705
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,003

Finally Double Digit Day! 99 Days
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #1706
Promomx2
DIS Veteran
 
Promomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: va.
Posts: 3,050

Can you please change my dates to nov 14 to the 19th. I got airfare $59 down. I'm thinking of MVMCP on the 17th. Plan is to watch pool morning, watch last NASCAR race afternoon in room with a nap and then hit MK for the party.
__________________
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #1707
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
Can you please change my dates to nov 14 to the 19th. I got airfare $59 down. I'm thinking of MVMCP on the 17th. Plan is to watch pool morning, watch last NASCAR race afternoon in room with a nap and then hit MK for the party.
Fantastic Air Fare!
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #1708
tkbbmom
Mouseketeer
 
tkbbmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennybump View Post
We are also skipping the Christmas party. At $300 for our family of five, and considering we are going with a homeschool group so we have three days of early classes, it just didnt make sense to throw our body clocks out of whack (because I WOULD stay at MK until they shooed me out, oh yes I would) for MVMCP. We are planning to come back down to FL in a few years to do a Universal trip, I'm thinking maybe we go in the Fall and hit up a hard ticket event then. ;-)
Are you going w/ Carolina Homeschoolers?
__________________
tkbbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #1709
tkbbmom
Mouseketeer
 
tkbbmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
Hi Cara, thats the week that we picked (the week before thanksgiving) getting out of there on the 23rd before the crowds pick up. We are booked at the AoA nemo rooms but we are changing it once fd is released. We too are a family of 5. We stayed at the cars section last year and my kids LOVED it. the cars section was very subdued and wonderful. I personally loved the whole resort (except for 1 guest we encountered) but it's amazing and spacious. We might do a split stay with por and the poly... I'm still crunching numbers.
How old are your kids? The only thing worries me about the AB section at POR is the space to unpack and room space. I worry I won't have room for a stroller and bags but I love POR and stayed when it was just the 2 of us. (long time ago). As for easy wdw, I have read thru many threads that it works but I recently paid for touring plans and they are very similar. Hoping they are right. I would like to hope so . I can send u a copy of the November schedule if u would like. I will pm u the calendar and blog they have for the Christmas party as well. hope it helps u out
It's been awhile since we stayed in AB section but when we did we had a double stroller, pack-n-play along w/ the trundle bed. It was a little crowed w/ both stroller and pack-n-play, but when we went w/ a single stroller and no pack-n-play we were fine.

I can't figure out the split stays -- we've been trying to look at doing it this trip and it comes out $1000 or more. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. We are staying our first night at AOA Nemo but the remainder we're at POR RR.
__________________
tkbbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #1710
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbbmom View Post
It's been awhile since we stayed in AB section but when we did we had a double stroller, pack-n-play along w/ the trundle bed. It was a little crowed w/ both stroller and pack-n-play, but when we went w/ a single stroller and no pack-n-play we were fine.

I can't figure out the split stays -- we've been trying to look at doing it this trip and it comes out $1000 or more. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. We are staying our first night at AOA Nemo but the remainder we're at POR RR.
I was pricing out a split stay too, with AOA Cars. And yes, it came to $1000 more. DH will definitely not agree to that. I'm thinking maybe I can surprise them with our last night there at AoA. I will be booking straight POR AB on Monday for now though, and just change that last day if we decide to.
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: