Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #1681
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayne View Post
So I have been really working on our plans for our Nov/Dec Trip. Still waiting on a response from my niece's dance coach about the parade but for the most part I have everything nailed down.

I've went over it a 100 times with my DH and I don't think he wants to hear it anymore so I thought I would post it here and see what you guys think.

Nov. 23 Travel to Disney (Dinner at Trail's End To Go) and check in at the Fort

Nov. 24 Hollywood Studios
H&V (B), Mama Melrose (L), 50's Prime Time (D) - Fantasmic

Nov. 25 Animal Kingdom
Tusker House (B) , The Wave (D)
Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise

Nov. 26 Non-Park Day
Cape May Cafe (B) and Hoop Dee Do (D)
My Mom is going to the Spa and the rest of us will either go to DTD or just spend some time at the Fort

Nov. 27 Magic Kingdom (Our longest and busiest day)
CP (B), CRT (L), BOG (D)
BBB and Pirate League for the kids

Nov. 28 Magic Kingdom
Ohana's (B) and LTT (D)
I am really hoping I can book Wishes Dessert Party for this night.

Nov. 29 Epcot
1900 Park Fare (B) and Coral Reef (D)
Candlelight Processional
Dolphins in Depth for my niece and sister
My Disney Princess Tea Party for my other niece and Mom

Nov. 30 Non-Park Day
Chef Mickey's (B) and Mickey's Backyard BBQ (D)
Archery for my DS

Dec. 1 Epcot (World Showcase Only)
Akershus (B), Chefs de France (L) and Lecellier (D)

Dec. 2 Hollywood Studios
MM (L) and Sci-Fi (D)
Sleigh Ride at Fort

Dec. 3 Magic Kingdom
CP (B) and Tony's Town Square (D)
Hoping to get MVMCP Tickets

Dec. 4 Universal Studios/Epcot
Trail's End (B) and Teppan Edo (D)
HP at opening at US and then home after lunch. Dinner at Teppan Edo then Candlelight Processional with Ashley Judd

Dec. 5 Magic Kingdom
CRT (B) and BOG (D)

Dec. 6 Animal Kingdom
Boma (B) and Teppan Edo (D) (Trying to change this to Graden Grill)

Dec. 7 Hollywood Studios
1900 Park Fare (B) and Sci-Fi (D)

Dec. 8 Travel Home
Trail's End (B)

I have just about everything done except purchasing MVMCP Tickets, ordering my PhotoPass +, Booking Wishes Dessert Party, using my Dad's points to get our US tickets and making our shirts.

We did a Nemo Movie night to start our Count Down and we are doing a Monster's Inc Movie night the weekend before our 100 Day Mark. We have a countdown chain we are removing a link from each day and we have lots of other ideas coming closer to the trip.

I'm so excited I don't sleep at night because I keep thinking about the trip.

Thanks for reading and letting me talk about our plans. My family gets tired of hearing it all day long.
Looks like you all are going to have a busy and fun time. Your choice of parks from December 1st thru December 4th, including your plans for MVMCP are identical to our plans for those days. We also have our DD(16) who is going to be in the evening parade in the MK for Monday, December 2nd. It forced us to get creative but we worked it out and will leave DHS, catch an ADR at the WL resort and will see her playing her flute in the marching band down main street.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs

Last edited by goofy4prez; 07-24-2013 at 07:25 AM.
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #1682
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

I decided to do a pre trip report for the first time. I'm hoping it will help pass some time for me since everything is planned and we still have 114 days to go....

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Irishlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #1683
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post
I decided to do a pre trip report for the first time. I'm hoping it will help pass some time for me since everything is planned and we still have 114 days to go....
Awesome! Make sure you let us all know you have started it. I'd love to follow your pre trip report.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #1684
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Awesome! Make sure you let us all know you have started it. I'd love to follow your pre trip report.
Thanks
Here it is:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3145802

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Irishlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #1685
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Show of hands for those who are going to MVMCP on Nov 14th....I'm on the fence for which day to go. I think that will be the best day because Presidents day is the 11th and the only other day is the 15th...which is Friday and I'm assuming Floridians will be there!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #1686
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
Show of hands for those who are going to MVMCP on Nov 14th....I'm on the fence for which day to go. I think that will be the best day because Presidents day is the 11th and the only other day is the 15th...which is Friday and I'm assuming Floridians will be there!
We chose the 14th November too- I guess great minds think alike! I want to avoid Presidents' Day and Fridays so I think it's a good option.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #1687
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are avoiding it altogether. I'm afraid it is going to too crazy there for us. And my kids might not make it very long anyway. They will be only 7/6/4. Kinda stinks that I have to plan around it to avoid crowds anyway, and cuts that day short for us in MK.
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #1688
AMateus
Mouseketeer

We're in for the MVMCP on 14th as well! Can't wait!!!!
AMateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #1689
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Our daughter was 4 1/2 when we went in 2011 and she loved MNSSHP and was upset when we left the park at 10...lol. We'll hopefully have a stroller with us incase she gets tired...she'll be one month shy of being 7.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #1690
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our daughter was 4 1/2 when we went in 2011 and she loved MNSSHP and was upset when we left the park at 10...lol. We'll hopefully have a stroller with us incase she gets tired...she'll be one month shy of being 7.
I am sure it is a lot of fun. I really wish we could go, I'm just afraid to spend that kind of extra money and have one of them meltdown as I have a friend who went and she said it was pretty crazy there, of course she did go in December. It only takes one of my kids to meltdown once though and then we'd all have to leave. I guess I should have mentioned my oldest is on the autism spectrum, so overstimulation is a big worry for us, although all my children seem to get overstimulated easily.

I'm actually trying to figure out a schedule around those MVMCP dates. For those not going, what alternate plans have you made for those nights? Do you plan on going to MK earlier in the day to avoid crowds?
Old 07-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #1691
smplicty29
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post

I am sure it is a lot of fun. I really wish we could go, I'm just afraid to spend that kind of extra money and have one of them meltdown as I have a friend who went and she said it was pretty crazy there, of course she did go in December. It only takes one of my kids to meltdown once though and then we'd all have to leave. I guess I should have mentioned my oldest is on the autism spectrum, so overstimulation is a big worry for us, although all my children seem to get overstimulated easily.

I'm actually trying to figure out a schedule around those MVMCP dates. For those not going, what alternate plans have you made for those nights? Do you plan on going to MK earlier in the day to avoid crowds?
We're going on the 17th to MK which is a MVMCP night. That's our first day at the parks so we plan on leaving at 7 and just grabbing a quick service meal at our resort or another then going back to the hotel to relax. We'll head back on the 20th to MK and that evening is the Electric Light Parade and we have dinner reservations at CRT.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #1692
lindap1
DIS Veteran

We are going to MK on Monday during the day and then hitting up Epcot later for Illuminations. On Friday we're going to MK again during the day and I'm not sure about the evening. The 14th, our party day, we are not doing anything during the day but relaxing by the resort pool then going to the party as early as they'll let us in.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #1693
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

We are going to the 21st MVMCP....anyone else??
Old 07-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #1694
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post

Hi Cara, when are you going? Have u checked out the crowd calendars on easy wdw or touring plans? I too have a child on the spectrum and I can understand about the crowds. The crowd calendars can be a big help if u try and figure out what days have less crowds.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #1695
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post

Hi Cara, when are you going? Have u checked out the crowd calendars on easy wdw or touring plans? I too have a child on the spectrum and I can understand about the crowds. The crowd calendars can be a big help if u try and figure out what days have less crowds.
Well i did a lot of research as far as least crowded dates and originally came up with...the first week in December! Boo no free dining! SO, we are now hoping to go either November 15th-24th or January 30-February9th. Assuming both those dates are not too crowded as ive been reading. The decision basically comes down to which we are able to get the best savings. Since we are a family of 5, we are limited to POR AB in our price range since the value resorts have a little too much going on for my son. (Although my other 2 kids and I would LOVE to stay at AoA) The deluxe resorts are twice the price at the minimum!
I have seen the easy wdw, but have not seen touring plans. So you have found them to be fairly accurate?
I am a little worried about the week before Thanksgiving but crowds looked ok on easy wdw, so I'm hoping they are right. Besides, that week gives him (and us) a full week of "recovery" transition time before heading back to school. : )

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

-------------------------
April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: