Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #1666
chocolateavocado
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the welcome! It's all of our 1st time & I can NOT wait! I've wanted to do this for so long & can't believe it's actually happening!

1st WDW trip- Nov 2013 @ The Polynesian
chocolateavocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #1667
dreamcatcherkwe
Mouseketeer

You have me listed twice. (11/04 - 11/08 dreamcatchkwe - GF
11/04 - 11/09 dreamcatcherkwe)

We're going November 4-9th and staying at the Grand Floridian, woohoo! I'm so excited :D :D :D
dreamcatcherkwe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #1668
barbara ann
Mouseketeer

Thanks FigmentChick. I know we'll all have a magical trip. Hope you do too!
barbara ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #1669
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce2 View Post
FYI: I was concerned that I could not link my military tickets to my MDE account meaning I wouldn't be able to use FP+ etc. so I contacted Disney via e-mail and they assured me that the traditional FP system would still be in place in November.
This is awesome news!!!! I soooo don't wanna use the FP+. I mean, I understand it's potential, but I just don't want to tie my family to a park every single day when something might change our plans once we're down there. Plus, our last three days in the parks we hop from one to the next to the next (it's a tradition). Thanks for the good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateavocado View Post
HI!
Just found this thread & would love to join in! We are coming to WDW for the very 1st time in November, too! We're booked right now for 11/6-11/11 at the Polynesian - but with the rumors of a free dining offer- we may have to adjust our dates a little.
I am soooo excited!!
and I love the screen name! You're sorta-kinda near me.....I live in South Jersey, so Scranton is about a 2 hour drive, I think. I know I drove past it on our way to Niagara Falls last year.

As a first-timer, I probably would adjust my dates too if free dining was offered. We've had it twice in the past and we really did enjoy it.

Welcome and happy planning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcatcherkwe View Post
You have me listed twice. (11/04 - 11/08 dreamcatchkwe - GF
11/04 - 11/09 dreamcatcherkwe)

We're going November 4-9th and staying at the Grand Floridian, woohoo! I'm so excited :D :D :D
Better twice than not at all, right? I'm sorry...I'll adjust it.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #1670
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

OH!!! Did I mention I'm at 100 days!!!!

So excited and happy! We're going into full Disney mode soon. I'll be picking up some little things (like bath scrubbies) here and there and throwing them in a suitcase.

I had a pair of cargo capris set aside for the trip, but I ended up having to wear them this weekend because I had no clean clothes (the way the heat wave was this past week, I'd only wear my pants once). It's okay, though....I ordered another pair over the weekend.

Hope everyone is doing well and excited to see those tickers going down.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #1671
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post

So excited and happy! We're going into full Disney mode soon. I'll be picking up some little things (like bath scrubbies) here and there and throwing them in a suitcase.

I had a pair of cargo capris set aside for the trip, but I ended up having to wear them this weekend because I had no clean clothes (the way the heat wave was this past week, I'd only wear my pants once). It's okay, though....I ordered another pair over the weekend.

Hope everyone is doing well and excited to see those tickers going down.
Awesome!! I can't wait to hit double digits! That is so funny you said that about the pants... I bought my son a really cool Mickey shirt for Disney, and yesterday was his 2nd birthday party (Mickey themed). I got him a nice collard shirt for the party, and last minute decided to put the Mickey shirt on him to go with the theme. It killed me cause I didn't want him to ruin the shirt before Disney, but it was ok. Will keep it stored now until our trip!

On another note, July is almost over!!! lol

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #1672
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #1673
alayne
DIS Veteran

So I have been really working on our plans for our Nov/Dec Trip. Still waiting on a response from my niece's dance coach about the parade but for the most part I have everything nailed down.

I've went over it a 100 times with my DH and I don't think he wants to hear it anymore so I thought I would post it here and see what you guys think.

Nov. 23 Travel to Disney (Dinner at Trail's End To Go) and check in at the Fort

Nov. 24 Hollywood Studios
H&V (B), Mama Melrose (L), 50's Prime Time (D) - Fantasmic

Nov. 25 Animal Kingdom
Tusker House (B) , The Wave (D)
Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise

Nov. 26 Non-Park Day
Cape May Cafe (B) and Hoop Dee Do (D)
My Mom is going to the Spa and the rest of us will either go to DTD or just spend some time at the Fort

Nov. 27 Magic Kingdom (Our longest and busiest day)
CP (B), CRT (L), BOG (D)
BBB and Pirate League for the kids

Nov. 28 Magic Kingdom
Ohana's (B) and LTT (D)
I am really hoping I can book Wishes Dessert Party for this night.

Nov. 29 Epcot
1900 Park Fare (B) and Coral Reef (D)
Candlelight Processional
Dolphins in Depth for my niece and sister
My Disney Princess Tea Party for my other niece and Mom

Nov. 30 Non-Park Day
Chef Mickey's (B) and Mickey's Backyard BBQ (D)
Archery for my DS

Dec. 1 Epcot (World Showcase Only)
Akershus (B), Chefs de France (L) and Lecellier (D)

Dec. 2 Hollywood Studios
MM (L) and Sci-Fi (D)
Sleigh Ride at Fort

Dec. 3 Magic Kingdom
CP (B) and Tony's Town Square (D)
Hoping to get MVMCP Tickets

Dec. 4 Universal Studios/Epcot
Trail's End (B) and Teppan Edo (D)
HP at opening at US and then home after lunch. Dinner at Teppan Edo then Candlelight Processional with Ashley Judd

Dec. 5 Magic Kingdom
CRT (B) and BOG (D)

Dec. 6 Animal Kingdom
Boma (B) and Teppan Edo (D) (Trying to change this to Graden Grill)

Dec. 7 Hollywood Studios
1900 Park Fare (B) and Sci-Fi (D)

Dec. 8 Travel Home
Trail's End (B)

I have just about everything done except purchasing MVMCP Tickets, ordering my PhotoPass +, Booking Wishes Dessert Party, using my Dad's points to get our US tickets and making our shirts.

We did a Nemo Movie night to start our Count Down and we are doing a Monster's Inc Movie night the weekend before our 100 Day Mark. We have a countdown chain we are removing a link from each day and we have lots of other ideas coming closer to the trip.

I'm so excited I don't sleep at night because I keep thinking about the trip.

Thanks for reading and letting me talk about our plans. My family gets tired of hearing it all day long.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #1674
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayne View Post
So I have been really working on our plans for our Nov/Dec Trip. Still waiting on a response from my niece's dance coach about the parade but for the most part I have everything nailed down.

I've went over it a 100 times with my DH and I don't think he wants to hear it anymore so I thought I would post it here and see what you guys think.

Nov. 23 Travel to Disney (Dinner at Trail's End To Go) and check in at the Fort

Nov. 24 Hollywood Studios
H&V (B), Mama Melrose (L), 50's Prime Time (D) - Fantasmic

Nov. 25 Animal Kingdom
Tusker House (B) , The Wave (D)
Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise

Nov. 26 Non-Park Day
Cape May Cafe (B) and Hoop Dee Do (D)
My Mom is going to the Spa and the rest of us will either go to DTD or just spend some time at the Fort

Nov. 27 Magic Kingdom (Our longest and busiest day)
CP (B), CRT (L), BOG (D)
BBB and Pirate League for the kids

Nov. 28 Magic Kingdom
Ohana's (B) and LTT (D)
I am really hoping I can book Wishes Dessert Party for this night.

Nov. 29 Epcot
1900 Park Fare (B) and Coral Reef (D)
Candlelight Processional
Dolphins in Depth for my niece and sister
My Disney Princess Tea Party for my other niece and Mom

Nov. 30 Non-Park Day
Chef Mickey's (B) and Mickey's Backyard BBQ (D)
Archery for my DS

Dec. 1 Epcot (World Showcase Only)
Akershus (B), Chefs de France (L) and Lecellier (D)

Dec. 2 Hollywood Studios
MM (L) and Sci-Fi (D)
Sleigh Ride at Fort

Dec. 3 Magic Kingdom
CP (B) and Tony's Town Square (D)
Hoping to get MVMCP Tickets

Dec. 4 Universal Studios/Epcot
Trail's End (B) and Teppan Edo (D)
HP at opening at US and then home after lunch. Dinner at Teppan Edo then Candlelight Processional with Ashley Judd

Dec. 5 Magic Kingdom
CRT (B) and BOG (D)

Dec. 6 Animal Kingdom
Boma (B) and Teppan Edo (D) (Trying to change this to Graden Grill)

Dec. 7 Hollywood Studios
1900 Park Fare (B) and Sci-Fi (D)

Dec. 8 Travel Home
Trail's End (B)

I have just about everything done except purchasing MVMCP Tickets, ordering my PhotoPass +, Booking Wishes Dessert Party, using my Dad's points to get our US tickets and making our shirts.

We did a Nemo Movie night to start our Count Down and we are doing a Monster's Inc Movie night the weekend before our 100 Day Mark. We have a countdown chain we are removing a link from each day and we have lots of other ideas coming closer to the trip.

I'm so excited I don't sleep at night because I keep thinking about the trip.

Thanks for reading and letting me talk about our plans. My family gets tired of hearing it all day long.
That is awesome you got BOG ressie too! I can't wait to try it!

June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #1675
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Ya. Still good.

I'm trying to decide if we should still do animal kingdom. We were planning on going the same day we are doing mnsshp with breakfast ADR at tuskar house. My son is only 3 and just 37.5 inches. I think he will be scared of tough to be a bug. And we were not planning on doing lion king or memo shows since we want to have time to change and get to magic kingdom by 5pm. I was looking forward to tuskar house and the safari. Is it worth just doing these few things and then leaving or Should I just plan on spending the day there anyway or should we just relax by poly pool until the party? Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Holly Quinlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #1676
samacita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
I'm trying to decide if we should still do animal kingdom. We were planning on going the same day we are doing mnsshp with breakfast ADR at tuskar house. My son is only 3 and just 37.5 inches. I think he will be scared of tough to be a bug. And we were not planning on doing lion king or memo shows since we want to have time to change and get to magic kingdom by 5pm. I was looking forward to tuskar house and the safari. Is it worth just doing these few things and then leaving or Should I just plan on spending the day there anyway or should we just relax by poly pool until the party? Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated, thanks.

We love Animal Kingdom!! I know it's not everyone's favorite, but I wouldn't be able to do a WDW trip without it.
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:07 AM   #1677
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:

Tusker House and the Kilimanjaro Safari were my favorite parts of AK. And just walking through soaking up the atmosphere. Totally worth spending a morning, then moving on to another park even if you don't want to do EE with a switchpass.
I'd do Kilimanjaro at rope drop, have Tusker scheduled for about 1/2 hour after RD, eat, grab a zebra cupcake to go after you're stuffed from Kusafiri bakery right next to it, head over to Triceratop Spin and the Boneyard for a bit, then exit the park and you'll have time to change/nap before MNSSHP.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.

Last edited by taaren; 07-24-2013 at 02:14 AM.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #1678
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Tusker House and the Kilimanjaro Safari were my favorite parts of AK. And just walking through soaking up the atmosphere. Totally worth spending a morning, then moving on to another park even if you don't want to do EE with a switchpass.
I'd do Kilimanjaro at rope drop, have Tusker scheduled for about 1/2 hour after RD, eat, grab a zebra cupcake to go after you're stuffed from Kusafiri bakery right next to it, head over to Triceratop Spin and the Boneyard for a bit, then exit the park and you'll have time to change/nap before MNSSHP.
I agree. This sounds perfect! I feel it is an underrated park. I like it because it is a lot more relaxing and laid-back than the others. But there really is so much too see there, even if there is not as much to "do". I would also mention the Jammin Jungle parade and the Boneyard. I suspect my kids will want to spend an hour in the Boneyard alone! Make sure you allow enough time at the Boneyard for your son! It's a great place for parents to take a moment to relax too!

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #1679
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

So excited only 121 more days.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #1680
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My family really enjoys Animal Kingdom. We like just walking around the Oasis and both jungle treks looking at the animals. The Safari is also a good ride (although, I wouldn't recommend it directly after breakfast ). And you could always go on Kali River Rapids right before you leave. Plus, for the little ones, they have all the stuff in Dinoland: tame rides, a dinosaur dig, and a playground-like area (stay away from the games, while fun, I don't need carnival stuffed animals to take home. lol).

Hope this helps!

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: