Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #1636
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,153

Hello everyone!

Figmentchick, would you kindly add SSR to my name on the first page when you have a minute? Thank you!
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #1637
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14
 
stmize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Flintstone, GA
Posts: 1,869

Woohoo 127 days.
__________________
stmize is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #1638
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer
 
angelabrezovsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 392

Surprise!!!

Okay Dis Friends, I need your help. I have asked this question before but in a different way. I was going to surprise my 2 daughters and my sister (age 9) before we left for the trip but we are leaving at 2 am so I want them to get some sleep. We are driving from Virginia to Florida, Myself,, my 2 daughters, and my sister. I want to surprise them when we get there. How can I pull this off and how would you tell your children. I have all girls ages are 5,7,9. Help me out on this TIA!!!
__________________


June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)

Last edited by angelabrezovsky; 07-18-2013 at 10:05 AM.
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #1639
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer
 
DonaldnDaisy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 473

Hoping someone can help, we booked in January and have made several payments for our November trip....we booked with a TA, we've used before. This trip is with four families. One familiy lives far away and was in town for a visit so we were doing planning that is when I realized my older childrens ages are wrong.

They are on our reservation as 9/7 and should be 10/8. I contacted that TA and she said she'd make the correction and there would be a price increase because ds is a junior not a child. No problem, I completely understand.

My question, which just occured to me this am is will this change effect the price we pay for all of our tickets since the ticket price increase took effect between booking and the error.

I am trying not to completely freak out since hopefully we'll be able to apply free dining and the ticket increase will be ate in the discount....

Also, wow I need to stop thinking...if a RO discount comes out and we apply that to our trip do we have to pay the ticket price increase? I know we will with free dining
DonaldnDaisy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #1640
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Ya. Still good.
 
Holly Quinlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 466

Im starting to think we are just not meant to go to Disney this year we have had so many issues so far. the cherry on top, had a dentist appointment this AM was told I need several root canals $1,000 a piece!
__________________
ME DH DS (5) 1995 Shades Of Green: 2012 Offsite: 2013 Wilderness Lodge

Holly Quinlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #1641
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceylee View Post
We are going 11/8--11/17 and staying at the Polynesian. It will be our first time at the Poly, and I'm very excited.
Ooooh....the Poly! I've always wanted to stay there and we narrowed this trip down to the Poly or OKW, but we liked having the full kitchen better. I'll make sure you're added to the first post.

Oh....and

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Hello everyone!

Figmentchick, would you kindly add SSR to my name on the first page when you have a minute? Thank you!
Absolutely!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldnDaisy5 View Post
Hoping someone can help, we booked in January and have made several payments for our November trip....we booked with a TA, we've used before. This trip is with four families. One familiy lives far away and was in town for a visit so we were doing planning that is when I realized my older childrens ages are wrong.

They are on our reservation as 9/7 and should be 10/8. I contacted that TA and she said she'd make the correction and there would be a price increase because ds is a junior not a child. No problem, I completely understand.

My question, which just occured to me this am is will this change effect the price we pay for all of our tickets since the ticket price increase took effect between booking and the error.

I am trying not to completely freak out since hopefully we'll be able to apply free dining and the ticket increase will be ate in the discount....

Also, wow I need to stop thinking...if a RO discount comes out and we apply that to our trip do we have to pay the ticket price increase? I know we will with free dining
She should just be able to make the adjustment and you should only have to pay for the increase of your one child. There is absolutely NO REASON to cancel and rebook the entire vacation with the new prices. If she does....she's an idiot. When I booked, they had my kids' ages wrong as well (they had them their ages on the trip two years ago). I just called and their ages were adjusted. It's not a big issue. And your price difference shouldn't be that much.

Hope this helps calm you a bit.

Honestly, from what I'm hearing lately, I am so glad that I don't use a TA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
Im starting to think we are just not meant to go to Disney this year we have had so many issues so far. the cherry on top, had a dentist appointment this AM was told I need several root canals $1,000 a piece!
Holly, I'm so sorry! We've had a couple of issues, too....but I was lucky enough to tuck some money away earlier in the year. I hope it all works out and that you can still fit in the trip.
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #1642
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer
 
DonaldnDaisy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 473

Thank you for your response! It does help now I just need to see how it's handled....
DonaldnDaisy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #1643
tiggerlvr27
Mouseketeer
 
tiggerlvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 202

112 days!

112 days til my first November trip to AKL!!!
__________________
'85 - offsite
'95 - POR (Dixie)
'05 - CSR
'06 - POP (NoJ)
9/08 - WL -25th Anniversary
11/13 - POR/AK - 30th Anniversary:

tiggerlvr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #1644
tiggerlvr27
Mouseketeer
 
tiggerlvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
Im starting to think we are just not meant to go to Disney this year we have had so many issues so far. the cherry on top, had a dentist appointment this AM was told I need several root canals $1,000 a piece!
I hope things work out for you so you can go...I have a situation at my home...my DH is not the least bit excited about going He just does not get the "magic"
__________________
'85 - offsite
'95 - POR (Dixie)
'05 - CSR
'06 - POP (NoJ)
9/08 - WL -25th Anniversary
11/13 - POR/AK - 30th Anniversary:

tiggerlvr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #1645
Charmel
Earning My Ears
 
Charmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 48

November

We will be staying November 11 - 20. Most likely at WL but still waiting for discount codes to make final plans.
__________________
Poly*2011 Offsite*2012 WL*2013
Charmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #1646
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!
 
Jrabbit910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: second star to the right!
Posts: 3,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
Okay Dis Friends, I need your help. I have asked this question before but in a different way. I was going to surprise my 2 daughters and my sister (age 9) before we left for the trip but we are leaving at 2 am so I want them to get some sleep. We are driving from Virginia to Florida, Myself,, my 2 daughters, and my sister. I want to surprise them when we get there. How can I pull this off and how would you tell your children. I have all girls ages are 5,7,9. Help me out on this TIA!!!
Being that your driving why don't you try a scavenger hunt trip...the first clue would be telling them they need to be packed and ready to go at 2am (but of course wording it differently) U can add a cd to play in the car when your closer with Disney music with a clue on the cd top...when you stop for gas you can ask someone or pretend someone gave u the next clue at the gas station to another clue or hint..... Have u ever watched the amazing race? Think along those lines.....
__________________
The happiest place on earth is wherever my children are.

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #1647
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer
 
angelabrezovsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
Being that your driving why don't you try a scavenger hunt trip...the first clue would be telling them they need to be packed and ready to go at 2am (but of course wording it differently) U can add a cd to play in the car when your closer with Disney music with a clue on the cd top...when you stop for gas you can ask someone or pretend someone gave u the next clue at the gas station to another clue or hint..... Have u ever watched the amazing race? Think along those lines.....
That is an awesome idea, now only if I can think of clues lol
__________________


June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #1648
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!
 
Jrabbit910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: second star to the right!
Posts: 3,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post

That is an awesome idea, now only if I can think of clues lol
Lol... That's always the hard part... How bout mailing urself a map of the drive u have to take, or just an anonymous letter address it to the girls and start off with something like
.. We wished upon a star and to get there we need to take the car... An adventure awaits for the 3 of you but to get there we have to awake at 2" lol....
If I think of anything else I will let u know!
__________________
The happiest place on earth is wherever my children are.

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #1649
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer
 
angelabrezovsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
Lol... That's always the hard part... How bout mailing urself a map of the drive u have to take, or just an anonymous letter address it to the girls and start off with something like
.. We wished upon a star and to get there we need to take the car... An adventure awaits for the 3 of you but to get there we have to awake at 2" lol....
If I think of anything else I will let u know!
This is great, I love it!!
__________________


June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #1650
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer
 
angelabrezovsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 392

This is totally off topic but is Rose and CRown for kids also, we want a good view of illuminations.
__________________


June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: