Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #1561
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

We will be there in November too!! Nov 18-25! Staying at the Grand Floridian for the first time!!! We are celebrating our Tenth anniversary and my 50th birthday!!! Our 7 year old daughter wishes her birthday was in November so we could also celebrate it ..... I think we are going to surprise her with a HAPPY NON Birthday!!!
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95
Disney Villas-'83-'84, Hotel Plaza 1979

MrsJ Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #1562
alayne
DIS Veteran

So I have been on Pinterest lately looking for cool ideas for activities to do with the kids in the car on our long trip to FL. I found this cute idea where you make a "Trip Activity Bag" and inside are lots of little bags filled with fun stuff. On the outside of the little bags are notes that till the kids when they can open the bag so that it last the whole trip and not just the first 20min.

So today I went to the dollar store and found Toy Story brown lunch bags (15 bags for $1).

What I need are some cute ideas to put on the tags for when the kids can open them.

Here is what I have so far: (I wish I could get them to rhyme or be cute, but I'm a Accountant not a teacher LOL).

You may open this bag when you see the Welcome to Florida Sign

You may open this bag once you see the Gold on top of the capital building in Atlanta.

You may open this bag when you see the first Disney Sign.

Any other tips or suggestions on what to put on the tags or how to make them sound better?!

I thought I might even print them on tags with pictures of Disney Characters and make it seem like "Mickey" says you can open this bag when....

What do you think?!?!

Thanks
Allison
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #1563
Jennybump
Mouseketeer

I think that's an adorable idea! We have a long drive, too, and that sounds like the perfect thing to keep the kids' spirits up. :-)
Jennybump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #1564
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Hi Allison! I think that's a great idea. We drove to disney from NY, October 2011 but my kids were really small to play any games and most of my driving was at night while the kids slept.
I write poems for gifts all the time so if I think of anything I Will let u know. How old r ur kids and how many bags do u think ur going to make?

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #1565
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJ Henry View Post
We will be there in November too!! Nov 18-25! Staying at the Grand Floridian for the first time!!! We are celebrating our Tenth anniversary and my 50th birthday!!! Our 7 year old daughter wishes her birthday was in November so we could also celebrate it ..... I think we are going to surprise her with a HAPPY NON Birthday!!!
Congrats and !!! We're celebrating my hubby's 40th birthday while we're down there as well as my daughter's 14th. I'm getting a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery brought to the Coral Reef for her. It's the only restaurant she really, really wants to eat at. I can't wait to see her face!!!

I'll make sure to add you to the first post in a jiffy!!! If you want to join the FB page, just PM me.

Allison, what a great idea! I think Amy and Kyle will have their noses in their Nooks or game system and Quinn is too fidgety to play, otherwise I would do that for our drive from the Delaware state line to DC. I may have to rethink visiting pintrest...... (I've been avoiding it like the plague)

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #1566
mch521
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
I would do that for our drive from the Delaware state line to DC. I may have to rethink visiting pintrest...... (I've been avoiding it like the plague)
We are making the drive from Delaware in November too :-) But we are driving the whole way, DH doesn't fly. We are going 11/24-11/30.
mch521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #1567
AndiSlamberg
Mouseketeer

Just a few more months to go! I can't even wait, too excited!
AndiSlamberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #1568
NicoleDD73
Earning My Ears

Hi hoping you could add me to your list!! We are going to WDW Oct 30 to Nov 5, and staying at the AoA - Little Mermaid Room!! me, hubby, DD12, and DS5! Thanks
NicoleDD73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #1569
Cree629
Mouseketeer

We are booked at POFQ for Nov 10-19! Beyond excited. Fingers crossed for FD, though, because while saving for the trip is going well, without free dining I am still not 100% sure I can save enough in time to cover the trip (especially 9 nights!).

Cree629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #1570
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mch521 View Post
We are making the drive from Delaware in November too :-) But we are driving the whole way, DH doesn't fly. We are going 11/24-11/30.
Where in Delaware are you from? I actually live in NJ - right at the base of the DE Memorial Bridge (I can see old New Castle from my house). I would love to fly, but it is just waaaay to expensive this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleDD73 View Post
Hi hoping you could add me to your list!! We are going to WDW Oct 30 to Nov 5, and staying at the AoA - Little Mermaid Room!! me, hubby, DD12, and DS5! Thanks
Of course I can!!! and I have a DS12 and a DS5 as well! (plus a DD14). Happy planning and since we're there at the same time, maybe we can schedule a meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cree629 View Post
We are booked at POFQ for Nov 10-19! Beyond excited. Fingers crossed for FD, though, because while saving for the trip is going well, without free dining I am still not 100% sure I can save enough in time to cover the trip (especially 9 nights!).
Hello! to our thread! I totally understand about free dining. We were lucky enough to have it the last two trips, but this trip we received a significant room discount, so we're ok with just that (I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I can convince my hubby to get the QSDP though). We stay for 9 nights, too!!! The only thing is, I think your check in date is in the same blackout period as previous years. I can check on that to be sure if you'd like.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #1571
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

Catching up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
has anyone heard anything about turtle talk with crush being under refurbishment late October early November? when I put in the date I want in the Disney website it states it will be closed for refurbishment?!?!
I hadn't heard htis. I'll have to investigate more.
I do like TT with Crush. But I know something is bound to be closed for rehab when we visit and I can live with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayne View Post
So I have been on Pinterest lately looking for cool ideas for activities to do with the kids in the car on our long trip to FL. I found this cute idea where you make a "Trip Activity Bag" and inside are lots of little bags filled with fun stuff. On the outside of the little bags are notes that till the kids when they can open the bag so that it last the whole trip and not just the first 20min.

So today I went to the dollar store and found Toy Story brown lunch bags (15 bags for $1).

What I need are some cute ideas to put on the tags for when the kids can open them.

Here is what I have so far: (I wish I could get them to rhyme or be cute, but I'm a Accountant not a teacher LOL).

You may open this bag when you see the Welcome to Florida Sign

You may open this bag once you see the Gold on top of the capital building in Atlanta.

You may open this bag when you see the first Disney Sign.

Any other tips or suggestions on what to put on the tags or how to make them sound better?!

I thought I might even print them on tags with pictures of Disney Characters and make it seem like "Mickey" says you can open this bag when....

What do you think?!?!

Thanks
Allison
What a great idea. I may steal this for some road trip.

I like the idea of making them say "Mickey says..."
Do your kids play games in the car - the license plate game, alphabet game, travel bingo, ect. I would maybe add tags saying they can open a bag after they finish a game. They take some time and would occupy them longer. Maybe even one saying they have to beat mom or dad at the 'quiet game'. To get some peace and quiet for a bit.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #1572
MissionWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
Me too!!! There is nothing worse that paying big money for a trip and then have horrible weather. I can deal with a little rain, just not all day long thunderstorms! At least at Disney you can get in and out of the elements fairly easy if you need to.

About three years ago we spent the summer in Baltimore and I thought it would be cooler than it is here in the south! I was soooo wrong! It was insane hot up there. Trying to tour DC in that heat was dead awful! I feel for you being in that heat. Unless you are swimming or indoors its almost unbearable!
Baltimore is miserable in the summer. I'm native to the city, but now live about 25 minutes north. It has been so hot and humid. Pretty bad when I look at the weather in FL and that is nicer than here...lol

MissionWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #1573
mch521
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Where in Delaware are you from? I actually live in NJ - right at the base of the DE Memorial Bridge (I can see old New Castle from my house). I would love to fly, but it is just waaaay to expensive this year.
We are from Newark, DE. We have only been to Disney 1 other time last year and split the drive into 2 days. We start driving on Sat. Am & stay at a hotel midway then drive through Sunday. Works the best for our girls, this way no one is whining terribly or worn out. Don't think I could do it any other way. Have a safe trip!
mch521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #1574
heatherbynum
Peace, Love, Disney & Hanson

we are thinking of changing our dates from oct 26th through november 3rd to october 31st through november 9th. Hanson decided this change lol.
Is there a November 2013 facebook group?
Old 07-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #1575
heatherbynum
Peace, Love, Disney & Hanson

Found the fb group and applied Heather B

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: