Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #1486
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadale View Post
Could you change our location on the first page? We decided to do a split stay so we will be doing: 11/30 to 12/2 AKL KV and 12/2 to 12/8 BLT. We can't wait to try out AKL!

Thanks.
Of course I can fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle77 View Post
Have you done the Autotrain before? We just did the train from Boston to Orlando for the first time this past April and it was awful (to us!) We ended up getting a refund on our return trip and driving our rental car home!

And I agree with having your own transportation there ... we've never done the Dis buses and hope to never have to! lol I like coming and going as soon as I'm ready to, wherever I please. Love that they let resort guests park free, too!
The AutoTrain actual goes from just below Washington DC to just north of Orlando (actually Sanford, FL). So, it's a little less than a two hour drive from my house. We've never taken the train before, but it is overnight. And we can all sleep sitting up as well as through WWIII, so we should be fine. Airfare was just cost prohibitive this time. Even with Frontier now flying out of the local municipal airport, it didn't work for us (they only fly on Tuesdays and Sundays).

The way we're looking at it: if it's crappy on the way down or we get delayed due to a storm (like Hurricane Sandy did for a lot of New Jerseyans last year), we'll just drive home. As long as my iPod is playing, I'll be just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appitre82 View Post
I would like to be added to the group and the fb page also.

My family Husband (30) Me (30) 3 kids (12,6 & almost 3) my mom and daddio will be arriving November 23-29 staying at AoA in the Finding Nemo suite.
We are hoping for free dining to go public since we have had no luck on a Pin Code.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for free dining for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipmunk25 View Post
My family and I Will be at PoP Century November 11-14,2013! Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
Not yet!! Will you please add my family to the list? we are staying at POR from Nov 23rd to Nov. 29th. I'm getting so excited!!

I would love to join the FB page so I sent a friends request!! :-)
I'll make sure you're added this morning! Our family *loves* POR, but we were able to "upgrade" to OKW due to a friend of the family being so generous. I send him Tastycakes and other Philly food so he knows how much I love him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audracooper View Post
My family is staying at the Poly November 6-11. There will be 4 adults and 5 children. So excited! It's our 4th trip as a family and 2nd trip to Poly. How can I be included in the FB group as well? Thanks!
We were thinking about staying at the Poly, but OKW just has so much more room (and a full kitchen!) for the same price. So....that made the decision easy.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #1487
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smplicty29 View Post
Figment rcv'd you PM. It won't let me reply still since I don't have 10 posts. Tempted to just spell out Disney one letter at a time in messages to reach 10.
My advice: go to the games board and use a few posts to play a game. Or go to the Theme Parks board and make posts like "sounds great", "wow", "glad you had a great trip" to threads there. Hope this helps and I hope you can respond soon!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #1488
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheh378 View Post

I know what you mean, I'm from RI and for the first time can't wait for Novemberdde03
I know

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Irishlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #1489
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Could you change our location on the first page? We decided to do a split stay so we will be doing: 11/30 to 12/2 AKL KV and 12/2 to 12/8 BLT. We can't wait to try out AKL!

Thanks.
We're doing the same split stay

Old 06-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #1490
cadale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post
We're doing the same split stay
It's the first time we are staying more than 7 days so I just couldn't pass up the idea of trying out AKV. I hope it is as nice as everyone has been saying.
Are you there the same dates?

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
cadale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #1491
peteanddebbie
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=FigmentChick;48793244]Of course I can fix that!

I think the local major airports (Philly/Newark) really jack up the prices this week, since it is Jersey Week. We ended up booking out of Baltimore, which is saving us over $1000. Southwest out of Baltimore was less than 1/2 the price of Philly. A little extra drive, but well worth it.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #1492
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post

I'll make sure you're added this morning! Our family *loves* POR, but we were able to "upgrade" to OKW due to a friend of the family being so generous. I send him Tastycakes and other Philly food so he knows how much I love him!

Thank you so very much!! We love POR too!! We have stayed there for the past few visits and normally we are in the AB section because there has always been five of us. This time we only have four and we are going to be in a Royal Room. It's all that they had left for our date when I called to change us from the week of Christmas to the week of Thanksgiving, with free dining!! I think it was a wise move for many reasons, but mostly because of the crowds. My husband is NOT a fan of heavy crowds!!

We will have one busy day though because my daughter is going to be in the Thanksgiving Day parade with the UCA All American Cheerleaders. She is excited so it should be fun. I would normally avoid the MK that day but I can't. I wouldn't want to miss that!!

The whole group of cheerleaders and dancers are staying at CSR in case anyone wants to know, from that Monday thru that Thursday. Normally they are at All Star Sports so this may give AS Sports a little break this year.

I look forward to planning with all of you!! it's going to be here before we know it!!.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #1493
mchelle77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Of course I can fix that!

The AutoTrain actual goes from just below Washington DC to just north of Orlando (actually Sanford, FL). So, it's a little less than a two hour drive from my house. We've never taken the train before, but it is overnight. And we can all sleep sitting up as well as through WWIII, so we should be fine. Airfare was just cost prohibitive this time. Even with Frontier now flying out of the local municipal airport, it didn't work for us (they only fly on Tuesdays and Sundays).

The way we're looking at it: if it's crappy on the way down or we get delayed due to a storm (like Hurricane Sandy did for a lot of New Jerseyans last year), we'll just drive home. As long as my iPod is playing, I'll be just fine.
Yep, we considered the auto train, but it was SO much more expensive than doing one or the other all the way from Boston (train was just a bit more than driving the whole way, but Auto Train added another few hundred dollars for us from NE).

We prefer to just drive all the way. Granted, our train ride was the day Boston police were searching for the marathon bombing suspects (and we have family still living in that area) so we were stressed out over that and feeling guilty about leaving on a fun trip. And my friend traveling with us got the stomach bug the night before, so THAT was stressful LOL We just really learned that we're road-trippers on that last experience!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #1494
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=cadale;48793476]It's the first time we are staying more than 7 days so I just couldn't pass up the idea of trying out AKV. I hope it is as nice as everyone has been saying.

We stayed there last September for the first time and LOVED it. That's part of the reason we decided on a split stay. We've always wanted to stay at BLT but we wanted to go back to Kidani, so we compromised We are going November 15th-22nd.
Have a great trip!!!!

Last edited by Irishlisa; 06-27-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #1495
tiggerlvr27
Mouseketeer

When is NOVEMBER??

All I think about is Disney!!! AGH It cannot get here fast enough! I have a family vacation at the end of July and then me and DH to Disney...
'06 - POP (NoJ)
9/08 - WL -25th Anniversary
11/13 - POR/AK - 30th Anniversary:

tiggerlvr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #1496
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's the first time we are staying more than 7 days so I just couldn't pass up the idea of trying out AKV. I hope it is as nice as everyone has been saying.
We stayed there last September for the first time and LOVED it. That's part of the reason we decided on a split stay. We've always wanted to stay at BLT but we wanted to go back to Kidani, so we compromised We are going November 15th-22nd.
Have a great trip!!!!

Old 06-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #1497
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post
Have a great trip!!!!
We have never done a split stay before but I have seen so many people doing that lately. We may have to try that sometime.

It look is like you are leaving the day we head that way. We are driving down early on the 22nd and checking in Disney on the 23rd, unless I end up adding a day. We normally stay at least 9 nights so I feel like 6 is not going to be enough. I'll take it though!!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #1498
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteanddebbie View Post
I think the local major airports (Philly/Newark) really jack up the prices this week, since it is Jersey Week. We ended up booking out of Baltimore, which is saving us over $1000. Southwest out of Baltimore was less than 1/2 the price of Philly. A little extra drive, but well worth it.
I agree that is why rates might be high, but I checked out the prices for BWI as well. For 5 of us, the flight would be about $1200....that's more than I paid for the AutoTrain tickets. And then we would have to rent a car when we get to MCO as well. It's ok....we're resigned to the AutoTrain and excited to try something new (after 4 previous Disney vacations, I need to do that).

Old 06-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #1499
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Woohoo 147 days.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #1500
nicynot
Mouseketeer

Just found this thread!!

Staying November 14th, leaving the 25th