Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
Danny K
DIS Veteran

Bistro de Paris for kids?

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children (9 and 13). The children are just begging to go to Bistro de Paris. We are on the premium dining plan. Do you think Bistro would be good for the children? We are going in August 2013. I also want to know that menu on allears for Bistro is that the new one or the old one that was before they started renovating it?
Danny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
havoc315
DIS Veteran

That's the old menu. They haven't released the new menu yet, but supposedly it will be very different.
You have some time before you can even make ADRs, so you can wait for the menu to come out.

In general, I find the signature restaurants to be great for kids.
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Bistro de Paris is undergoing a complete overhaul. When it reopens, it won't even have the same name, much less the same menu. The new menu is not out and likely won't be seen until the renovation is complete.

They've said the overhaul is partly intended to make the restaurant more welcoming to families though.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
Danny K
DIS Veteran

Re

I kind of don't think the name of the restaurant will be changed because it happened the same with Tutto Italia and that name did not change
Old 08-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
I kind of don't think the name of the restaurant will be changed because it happened the same with Tutto Italia and that name did not change
For Tutto Italia the name changed from Alfredo's long before they ever got around to doing the renovations. The Patina group announced when they took over that the menu was just an interim menu and would be changed again once the renovations were completed.

Bistro is a totally different story. They have the same group running it now as they always have had and will continue to have once the renovations are complete. I would not be surprised to see them change the name. Since they intend to make it more family friendly I think it would be wrong for them to continue to use the Bistro name. Having been a patron of Bistro I think it would be an insult and also misleading to people who know it as a more adult place to go for them to use the same name under their new family friendlier operation.

I fear for what will become of the wonderful special dining experiences they always had during the F & W Festival.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
The Disney Parks Blog has already announced (in an interview with a representative of the company that operates Bistro) that the name will change. They could always go back on that, but it's what they're saying now.

Info as reported by the Disney Food Blog:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...ance-pavilion/
Old 08-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #7
Danny K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrit2000 View Post
For Tutto Italia the name changed from Alfredo's long before they ever got around to doing the renovations. The Patina group announced when they took over that the menu was just an interim menu and would be changed again once the renovations were completed.

Bistro is a totally different story. They have the same group running it now as they always have had and will continue to have once the renovations are complete. I would not be surprised to see them change the name. Since they intend to make it more family friendly I think it would be wrong for them to continue to use the Bistro name. Having been a patron of Bistro I think it would be an insult and also misleading to people who know it as a more adult place to go for them to use the same name under their new family friendlier operation.

I fear for what will become of the wonderful special dining experiences they always had during the F & W Festival.
But Tutto had renovations in april 2012, and never changed the name.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:32 AM   #8
Danny K
DIS Veteran

Does anybody know if Bistro will be a cheaper restaurant when they finish the renovations? Is Chefs going to change?
Old 08-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #9
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Chefs de France will not close and will not change at all.

Don't think you should look for Bistro's next incarnation, whatever it ends up being called, to have a cheaper menu. They don't come out and say it but it looks like it will still be a signature restaurant.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #10
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The restaurant now known as Tutto Italia was originally known as Alfredo's. So they did change the name change when the Patina Group took over operations several years ago. As stated in my previous post they had an interim menu under the new restaurant name of Tutto Italia. They announced the menu would would be changed again once renovations to Tutto Italia were completed, it just took a lot longer than was expected for the renovations to begin. The renovations that were originally to have been done within the first year of Tutto Italia's operation were postponed while they built Via Napoli. So in this case the name change preceded the two announced major menu changes.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Disney has already announced that the name will be changing.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #12
TOMJENNTOMJO
Earning My Ears

Smile Bistro for Kids!!

Heck Yeah!! My kids were 11 and 14, so close to your kids' ages, and they ADORED it! Said it was even better than Le Cellier, and that is our staple since I was pregnant with the younger one. I'm not going to lie, dinner took a long time, like over 2 hours, but we love that....eating slowly, and taking in each course, and sipping wine. That's just our thing. They also love Chef's de France, but are adament that they have to do Bistro, or whatever it will be called, at least once a trip. It was divine.
TOMJENNTOMJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #13
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Such a shame they are changing it, so many couples go to Disney it's nice to have a handful of more adult dining options

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #14
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Since the kids are begging to go, I would definitely try it. I went when I was 16 and thought it was cool that we were going upstairs to the more "exclusive" restaurant (lol). Don't remember much about the food, but I remember that we had a nice time.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #15
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

I've always taken my son there with us since he was 2. We love French food (any cuisine really) and as long as they are well behaved (and I'm sure they are) there's no reason that they shouldn't go there and enjoy it!

Personally I think a new menu and a new decor is long over do, looking forward to something different! I don't think it's correct for them to automatically switch Le Bistro res. to Les Chef without telling you, I do lunch there but definitively not dinner, which I find run of the mill to mediocre!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: