Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #61
reynoldslux
Earning My Ears

Partner and I just pulled the trigger - we are booked - staying at POR - one of our new favorite resorts -- looking forward to meeting new friends from the boards.
reynoldslux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #62
Brrrendon
Earning My Ears

There are apparently a lot of Gay Dayers staying at the Port Orleans resorts.
Brrrendon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #63
AuroraRora
Princess

I'm super interested in coming to this too! I'll have just got home from being there May 1st-8th so I'm having trouble justifying it... but I'm sure I could make arrangements

I'll be traveling solo too, I hope it is as easy to make friends as people say it is. I have no problem traveling solo but I think given the "community" feel of that weekend, I might feel lonely if I wasn't meeting up with others.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #64
RedsDrew
Mouseketeer

Things are abnormally quiet. We're only 60 days out... come on guys and gals! What are your plans for gay days? Who are you going with? Where ya staying? It seems there are several of us staying at POR or POFQ. Sounds like maybe we should have a gathering at the hotel bar one night during the stay. Plans for your tshirts? We're just about two months out!

I'm going with my boyfriend and his mother. His father passed away very recently after a long battle with cancer so they need to recharge their batteries, and I'm helping them do just that. We're staying at POR and we've booked an illluminations cruise one night. We're going for 7 days and we're anxiously awaiting a Dole Whip. Still trying to decide on our red shirts, but I like my idea of a picture of the Wardrobe from BATB that says "Closets are for clothes." Okay, who wants to go next?
June 2014 - BWI; May/June 2013 - POR; May/June 2012 - POFQ; Sept 2011 - POFQ for MNSSHP; Nov 2010 - AKL for MMVCP; July 2010 - Pop Century for 4th of July; May/June 2010 - Contemporary; Apr 2010 - CBR; Nov 2009 - POR for MMVCP[/B]
RedsDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #65
disney4rfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsDrew View Post
Things are abnormally quiet. We're only 60 days out... come on guys and gals! What are your plans for gay days? Who are you going with? Where ya staying? It seems there are several of us staying at POR or POFQ. Sounds like maybe we should have a gathering at the hotel bar one night during the stay. Plans for your tshirts? We're just about two months out!

I'm going with my boyfriend and his mother. His father passed away very recently after a long battle with cancer so they need to recharge their batteries, and I'm helping them do just that. We're staying at POR and we've booked an illluminations cruise one night. We're going for 7 days and we're anxiously awaiting a Dole Whip. Still trying to decide on our red shirts, but I like my idea of a picture of the Wardrobe from BATB that says "Closets are for clothes." Okay, who wants to go next?
I for one am totally psyched. I am counting the days till this trip. This will be my first time there for Gay Days. I can only come for 3 days but figure that is better than none. I am traveling solo and decided to stick with my original plan of staying at POR. I think a gathering at one of the hotel bars one night is a great idea - I'd be in.

Since it's my first time there for Gay Days I'm just planning to take it all in and hopefully meet lots of people. I have some plain red shirts but would love to get something special. I love the Wardrobe idea and would definitely order one.
disney4rfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #66
Brrrendon
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsDrew View Post

I would be down for a bar night and maybe move things to DTD or ADH afterward. I am going to stay at POFQ but the River Roost at POR is usually a fun place to meet up. What day is everybody arriving? I am there on 5/26.. 60 days.. can't wait!!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #67
disney4rfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrrendon View Post
I would be down for a bar night and maybe move things to DTD or ADH afterward. I am going to stay at POFQ but the River Roost at POR is usually a fun place to meet up. What day is everybody arriving? I am there on 5/26.. 60 days.. can't wait!!
I arrive early morning on the 30th! Would love to do something Thursday or Friday night if it works for others.

So you did decide to switch from BWI to POFQ? Should be fun!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #68
RedsDrew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4rfamily View Post
I for one am totally psyched. I am counting the days till this trip. This will be my first time there for Gay Days. I can only come for 3 days but figure that is better than none. I am traveling solo and decided to stick with my original plan of staying at POR. I think a gathering at one of the hotel bars one night is a great idea - I'd be in.

Since it's my first time there for Gay Days I'm just planning to take it all in and hopefully meet lots of people. I have some plain red shirts but would love to get something special. I love the Wardrobe idea and would definitely order one.
Here is a link to some shirts I've created at spreadshirt. I'm ordering a few of them for my trip. A couple are pricier because of the amount of text/graphics since the site charges a surcharge for every separate text grouping or photo added but most are around 20 bucks. I also made 2013 gay days drink around the world shirts with the countries and check boxes listed down the back if anyone is interested: http://drewzdesignz.spreadshirt.com/
June 2014 - BWI; May/June 2013 - POR; May/June 2012 - POFQ; Sept 2011 - POFQ for MNSSHP; Nov 2010 - AKL for MMVCP; July 2010 - Pop Century for 4th of July; May/June 2010 - Contemporary; Apr 2010 - CBR; Nov 2009 - POR for MMVCP[/B]

Last edited by RedsDrew; 03-28-2013 at 05:40 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #69
Brrrendon
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4rfamily View Post
I arrive early morning on the 30th! Would love to do something Thursday or Friday night if it works for others.

So you did decide to switch from BWI to POFQ? Should be fun!
Yup. I have other friends staying at POR and that really persuaded me to switch.. POR wasn't available when I made the reservation change.. I'm hoping something opens up at POR..
Old 03-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #70
RedsDrew
Mouseketeer

I just booked my partner's MOM last Friday at POR in her own room next to us. If you use the new discount code at 30% off, it comes to the same rate as the old discount code at 30% off (assuming that's what you used)... If not, good luck on getting POR

We arrive on the 29th of May and stay 6 nights.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #71
Brrrendon
Earning My Ears

I tried POR for my days (5/26 - 6/4) and it's not available with any discount. I would have to add a day on which I am willing to do, but then the CMs are telling me POR is still not available. I'll keep trying. Sometimes the CMs do not know what they are doing.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #72
Brrrendon
Earning My Ears

I made it over to Riverside.. so definitely drinks at the River Roost one night.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #73
wdwislife
DIS Veteran

I start working as a Cast Member at WDW the week of Gay Days! Excited to be there for the first time, whether I'll be working or visiting as a guest on a day off!
WDW TRIPS Feb 2000: offsite | Feb 2002: offsite/yacht club | Feb 2004: offsite | Feb 2006: offsite | Feb 2008: offsite/boardwalk | Feb 2010: Contemporary/offsite | Dec 2010: SUPRISE TRIP at the POP! | Feb 2012: offsite/all-star movies | May 2013: POFQ | Aug 2013: AKL | Sept 2013: FW Cabins | Nov 2013: YC | Dec 2013: CBR | March 2014: Offsite | DL TRIPS Aug 2008: offsite | July 2009: offsite | Aug 2011: offsite | DCL TRIPS Aug 2012: 4 Day Canada/NE, Disney Magic | DLP TRIPS Dec 2012: Sequoia Lodge |

Last edited by wdwislife; 03-31-2013 at 10:47 PM.
wdwislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #74
lego606
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwislife View Post
I start working as a Cast Member at WDW the week of Gay Days! Excited to be there for the first time, whether I'll be working or visiting as a guest on a day off! :good vibes
oooh have fun on your CP!

or should I say, have a gay time
Old 03-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #75
disney4rfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrrendon View Post
I made it over to Riverside.. so definitely drinks at the River Roost one night.
That's great! Glad it worked out. So what night should we plan this for?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: