Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #1216
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Glad you are having a great time Linda. Sadly no coast to coast for me as I was swept at mile 7 due to a variety of reasons which all add up to being too slow. Sad and will be doing some thinking and regrouping when I return home tomorrow.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #1217
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by belledreamer View Post
QOTD for Saturday and Sunday - 11/9 & 10/2012: You're throwing a party to celebrate making it to the end of challenge and you've invited your BL friends to celebrate (because we all love a good party! )

What do you decide to serve to eat? And recipes are appreciated!
Okay.... I'm up to the MAIN DISHES now!

You have a choice of two main dishes at my party! First choice is a nice light fish.... white fish of some sort... probably an ocean perch or REAL cod (not the stuff they try to pass off as cod).... baked in individual casseroles with a light sauce of mustard and yogurt (to keep it moist) topped with lemon slices. Other main dish choice is a vegetarian option of quinoa mac and cheese.... not as light as the fish option, but vegetarian and a great comfort food (you can choose a little of each of you want!). For sides... a warm roasted medley of fall veggies... sweet potato, butternut squash, carrots, and parsnips.... and the other side is my layered ratatouille. Also homemade applesauce made in the crockpot with no added sugar... just warm comforting deliciousness!

Next up.... dessert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
The food descriptions are making me hungry! I'll just sip on my berry-protein smoothie (even though it's cold this morning!) and be grateful I don't have to attend any parties right now, healthy or not!

QOTD for Friday 11/9/2012: What's the greatest thing that you've learned about yourself during this challenge? (or previous challenges if this isn't your first)

This is my first, but I have learned that the best way for me to be successful is to PLAN my whole day or food. If I put that much work into it, and making the calories, protein, carbs, and fat balance, (not easy!) I'm so much more likely to stick with it.
And I am so grateful for this challenge. I have been bouncing back and forth between 170 and 175 for the last 6 months. And today I am 167. Not a huge deal by itself, but a huge milestone for me, personally. I am now lighter than I have been in 6 years (I am only 30) and I haven't seen that weight since I was early in my pregnancy with my first. (I had 3 babies in less than 4 years) 7 more lbs until I am at my pre-all-babies weight. (About 20-25 more would be goal) So very excited. Really hoping to hit 160 by the end of the month. Even with Thanksgiving, if I really stick with this meal plan (high protein, lower carbs, lower fat) I know I can do it!
Hitting a new low is DEFINITELY a HUGE DEAL! That is wonderful! Your body is FINALLY recovering after 3 babies in 4 years! You are RIGHT... you CAN do it!

Quote:
Pjlla, everything you've been suggesting sounds so good! It's getting me hungry and you haven't even said what the main course is! I've actually never had french onion soup, but I've always wanted to try it and yours sounds delicious!

Actually, I need to find a new recipe. I've only made it once with a recipe I got here on the Budget Board and it wasn't a big success.... but I want to try again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think this gif sums my day up pretty well.

We all need days like this sometimes!

Seriously though, I have had good reason. The sinus drip has graduated into a full out head cold, so I have not left the bed all day... DDad made me an egg sandwich this morning and after a large doze of medicine (Alka Seltzer is really nasty btw...) I slept through most of the afternoon and feel like crud... Thankfully I have a few days to rest before I have to go back to work.

Ended up sleeping through lunch so I have a feeling I'll be severely under calories today... Still trying to decide what we're eating for supper tonight.

The cat has been my companion for the day though and has been in bed almost all day with me. She always seems to know when I need her. So the rest of the evening will probably be the two of us in bed watching old Tex Avery cartoons on Youtube.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
It must be a national "kitty nap day" as mine has been asleep in DD's room for a few hours now. I feel bad that she isn't out enjoying this beautiful day... but I'll be sure she goes out tomorrow for a while.

Feel better soon! Take care of yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glss1/2fll View Post
Just a flash drive by. At dlr right now! Finally found a spot in the room where the wifi doesn't drop off. So I was a couple pages behind before I left, and am even further behind now, but go, go, go everyone. Finish strong. Don't give up. Dh and I are sharing most of our meals and walking our legs off! Even my jock of a hubby is tired. I think I have more stamina. Maybe because I don't have a desk job! We have ticked off everything on our to do list so today is a lazy day. Slept In til 8 and now think we will go to Dtd to try earl of sandwich for a breakfast sandwich before hitting the parks!

Have a great day everyone! Can't wait to hear from Lisa about her run and see that coast to coast medal!
Sounds like you are having a great time! Enjoy your lazy day! Be sure to post a picture or two when you get home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Glad you are having a great time Linda. Sadly no coast to coast for me as I was swept at mile 7 due to a variety of reasons which all add up to being too slow. Sad and will be doing some thinking and regrouping when I return home tomorrow.
I'm so sorry you aren't getting the medal that you wanted so badly. But please remember that in my book you are still a WINNER! You did more than I even THOUGHT about doing. You were BRAVE and COURAGEOUS and had a "CAN DO" attitude. You got yourself out there and tried. And there will be another time to try... I"m sure of it.

Happy SUNNY Sunday friends! Sorry I didn't pop on this morning. Having a homework/housework/college app day here at our house. DH is at the Patriot's game and we are getting stuff done. The sun is SHINING and it is (relatively) warm and beautiful! I've gotten some scrapping done and scrubbed 2 toilets within an inch of their lives! Got a load of bathrugs in the washer to put out tomorrow morning. Nothing special planned for dinner, as DH won't be here and the kids and I can clean up the leftovers and such.

Spent several hours out shopping with DD yesterday, but didn't get much accomplished. I did buy myself a pair of boots, but am feeling guilty about spending the $$ on myself, so I may return them. I also bought a coat at Old Navy that I was loving a this fall....and it was down to half price, so I decided to splurge. I will be keeping the coat!

Not much luck elsewhere.... coupons weren't valid on things I picked out or they were expired and I hadn't noticed or they didn't start yet! It was just one of those days! One small birthday gift purchased for DBrother and an early Christmas gift for my Dad... that's it.

BTW, I will post the recipes or links to the recipes for the things I've mentioned in the QOTD when I am all done with my rambling answer!

Off to type up some journaling to finish up a handful of scrapbook pages! I'm on a roll today!..............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #1218
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belledreamer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think this gif sums my day up pretty well.

Seriously though, I have had good reason. The sinus drip has graduated into a full out head cold, so I have not left the bed all day... DDad made me an egg sandwich this morning and after a large doze of medicine (Alka Seltzer is really nasty btw...) I slept through most of the afternoon and feel like crud... Thankfully I have a few days to rest before I have to go back to work.

Ended up sleeping through lunch so I have a feeling I'll be severely under calories today... Still trying to decide what we're eating for supper tonight.

The cat has been my companion for the day though and has been in bed almost all day with me. She always seems to know when I need her. So the rest of the evening will probably be the two of us in bed watching old Tex Avery cartoons on Youtube.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
I hope you start feeling better. But, take this time to relax & rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glss1/2fll
Just a flash drive by. At dlr right now! Finally found a spot in the room where the wifi doesn't drop off. So I was a couple pages behind before I left, and am even further behind now, but go, go, go everyone. Finish strong. Don't give up. Dh and I are sharing most of our meals and walking our legs off! Even my jock of a hubby is tired. I think I have more stamina. Maybe because I don't have a desk job! We have ticked off everything on our to do list so today is a lazy day. Slept In til 8 and now think we will go to Dtd to try earl of sandwich for a breakfast sandwich before hitting the parks!

Have a great day everyone! Can't wait to hear from Lisa about her run and see that coast to coast medal!
Glad you're having a good time. I'd love to see pics when you get back. Did you ride Radiator Racers?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711
So sorry you won't be getting that medal. But, good job on setting a goal & attempting it. You're an inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla

Okay.... I'm up to the MAIN DISHES now!

You have a choice of two main dishes at my party! First choice is a nice light fish.... white fish of some sort... probably an ocean perch or REAL cod (not the stuff they try to pass off as cod).... baked in individual casseroles with a light sauce of mustard and yogurt (to keep it moist) topped with lemon slices. Other main dish choice is a vegetarian option of quinoa mac and cheese.... not as light as the fish option, but vegetarian and a great comfort food (you can choose a little of each of you want!). For sides... a warm roasted medley of fall veggies... sweet potato, butternut squash, carrots, and parsnips.... and the other side is my layered ratatouille. Also homemade applesauce made in the crockpot with no added sugar... just warm comforting deliciousness!
..............P
Your food posts make me so hungry! I was on Pinterest earlier looking for new recipes. I notice that I pin a lot of desserts & they are by no means healthy!

Glad you are getting so much done today. I am chugging along...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all! We just got home from our community Veteran's Day parade. It is beautiful here today (sunny & 70) so it was a great day for a parade. I'm trying to get my house in order a little before the week begins again. I have a bunch of stuff to do here & a bunch to do for my online classes & work. The work stuff is just grading papers, but it's so time consuming. I'll probably save that for after my kids go to bed. My online classes didn't give very good instructions, so I may have submitted some stuff incorrect. I am going to resubmit them tonight & email the instructors to let them know why I am sending it in twice. Ugh.

So, does anyone go shopping on Black Friday? I guess it should be called Black Thursday since most stores are starting thanksgiving night. That bothers me. I used to love to go out for fun, but 8 pm sales? Crazy. Dsis & I may just go in the morning & if we get things we want, great. If not, we'll survive.

DH just woke up & he will shower & leave at 6:30 for tonight's shift, so I'm going to hang out with him & eat dinner. See you tomorrow!

Jill
Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #1219
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Hi everyone. Just a short note to say I am okay. We just spent the last 8 days with no heat or hot water. We just got power back in the last two hours.

I have no school until Tuesday. Dh has to go in tomorrow and was told that since the teacher's convention was canceled he has to work on Thurs and Fri.
Dona .... So glad to hear from you and glad you are okay. So sorry to hear about your Mom sister's house. But so glad they are okay.

Still wondering about Christina. Hoping she is okay too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Going off of my plan of using my Thin Commandments book for the questions. Got tired of so much copy-typing!

QOTD for Tuesday, 11/6/2012:

DO you think that having a meal together as a family at the table every day is important? Do you make an effort to do it? Do you do anything special together? Talk about the day? Share jokes?

BONUS QOTD: Are you voting today? Do you usually vote? (Please don't volunteer WHO you are voting for.... don't want to get the DIS police on our backs! ).
I did vote on Tuesday. Glad to be an American and have the ability to vote.

And for the QOTD .. I think eating as a family is one of the most important things to do. This is sometimes the only time we talk about our day. It has become harder and harder to do since the boys have different schedules, however, I try my best to work around what event it going on in the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
QOTD for Wednesday November 7, 2012:

When life is TOTALLY crazy and you can't possibly fit in 30-60 minutes at the gym or even find that time for a walk, how do you/can you fit in "fitness" in your daily routine? I'd like to hear things other than the routine answers of "park at the farthest spot and walk in" or "take the stairs instead of the elevator". I'd love to hear your ORIGINAL ideas!!

If you haven't come up with anything, think about things you do in your daily life that could be considered EXERCISE! For example...I consider hanging clothes on the clothesline outside exercise. It requires me to carry a heavy basket outside, and then bend over repeatedly to pick up a piece of clothing and a pin and then pin it to the line and then repeat! Then I have to take it all in and carry a heavy basket inside again! Certainly more work involved than simply shoveling it from the washer to the dryer!
I walk to pick up my students between lessons. Our building is huge and it takes a while to get from one side to the other.

Quote:
Most of you know me already, but for those who don't, my name's Ashley and I'll be your coach for the last week of the fall challenge!

We've made it!!

Only time to post the QOTD right now; be back later for replies!

QOTD for Friday 11/9/2012: What's the greatest thing that you've learned about yourself during this challenge? (or previous challenges if this isn't your first)
Well, I hate to admit this one ... but, it is SO easy to fall of the wagon. I have maintained but the fall is a bad time for me to focus on losing weight.

Quote:
QOTD for Saturday and Sunday - 11/9 & 10/2012: You're throwing a party to celebrate making it to the end of challenge and you've invited your BL friends to celebrate (because we all love a good party! )

What do you decide to serve to eat? And recipes are appreciated!
I tend to bring a veggie dip and sit it in front of me. That way I snack on this instead of something else that might be in front of me.

Quote:
Lisa .... Sorry you didn't complete it, but 7 miles is awesome (I wish I could do that right now). I was thinking of you.

Sorry I have been MIA too. Just busy with life.

Had a busy weekend. Went to a local musical performance for our community Friday night. It raises money for people with vision problems. My son was working the lights.

I then hosted our Book Club. I had only told my 2 close friends about the zoo incident and I knew it would be talked about at book club. I told everyone about it and the all had expressed how unfortunate the event was. The local news has been kind about the incident. The family wanted trucks donated for their son .... and there was not a truck to be found around Pittsburgh. It was very moving. However, online, there are so many cruel people. How can people say such horrible things?!

And today, I went to our cabin. It was SUCH a lovely day. I did nothing! ... and read a book that my youngest son suggested. I love when my sons' suggest something I might like and we then can talk about the book.

Well ... off to read some more. Have a great week everyone.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #1220
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post

So, does anyone go shopping on Black Friday? I guess it should be called Black Thursday since most stores are starting thanksgiving night. That bothers me. I used to love to go out for fun, but 8 pm sales? Crazy. Dsis & I may just go in the morning & if we get things we want, great. If not, we'll survive.

Jill
I go out on Black Friday too .... however, I can't believe some places are starting at 8PM Thursday also. It bothers me too. Where is the family time? I think I will be doing the same thing as you. There really isn't anything I need that would make me miss Thanksgiving. When I get to the stores in the morning, whatever is left will be it.

Hey ... maybe I will see you around!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #1221
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Lisa I am soooo proud of you!!!!! You did awesome!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #1222
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Quote:
I am so sorry that you didn't finish but congrats for getting to the starting line and going for it.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #1223
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Your food posts make me so hungry! I was on Pinterest earlier looking for new recipes. I notice that I pin a lot of desserts & they are by no means healthy!

I have three different food boards on Pinterest.... one is Healthy Eating, one is Not-so Healthy Eating, and one is Low Carb foods. I try to stick to the Healthy and Low carb areas, but I am guilty of pinning some crazy yummy looking treats.... but I have yet to actually make any of them. But I have made some of the others with great success.

Hello all! We just got home from our community Veteran's Day parade. It is beautiful here today (sunny & 70) so it was a great day for a parade. I'm trying to get my house in order a little before the week begins again. I have a bunch of stuff to do here & a bunch to do for my online classes & work. The work stuff is just grading papers, but it's so time consuming. I'll probably save that for after my kids go to bed. My online classes didn't give very good instructions, so I may have submitted some stuff incorrect. I am going to resubmit them tonight & email the instructors to let them know why I am sending it in twice. Ugh.

Good for you for pushing through and getting it all done... even if it isn't totally correct.

Not a fan. I've done it once or twice, but I can't stand the craziness and chaos... and there isn't anything I want/need that desperately!

DH just woke up & he will shower & leave at 6:30 for tonight's shift, so I'm going to hang out with him & eat dinner. See you tomorrow!

Jill
Hope you had a nice visit with DH before he had to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
I did vote on Tuesday. Glad to be an American and have the ability to vote.

And for the QOTD .. I think eating as a family is one of the most important things to do. This is sometimes the only time we talk about our day. It has become harder and harder to do since the boys have different schedules, however, I try my best to work around what event it going on in the evening.

I walk to pick up my students between lessons. Our building is huge and it takes a while to get from one side to the other.

Well, I hate to admit this one ... but, it is SO easy to fall of the wagon. I have maintained but the fall is a bad time for me to focus on losing weight.

I tend to bring a veggie dip and sit it in front of me. That way I snack on this instead of something else that might be in front of me.

Thanks for going back and answering the QOTD!!

Had a busy weekend. Went to a local musical performance for our community Friday night. It raises money for people with vision problems. My son was working the lights.

My son does lights at our school theater too. Next year he will be "lead light technician" as our current lead lights is a Senior. I"m not sure exactly what he does, but he seems to enjoy it!

I then hosted our Book Club. I had only told my 2 close friends about the zoo incident and I knew it would be talked about at book club. I told everyone about it and the all had expressed how unfortunate the event was. The local news has been kind about the incident. The family wanted trucks donated for their son .... and there was not a truck to be found around Pittsburgh. It was very moving. However, online, there are so many cruel people. How can people say such horrible things?!

Because it is too easy to sit back in the comfortable anonimity of our homes and bash other people and pretend that we are PERFECT!

And today, I went to our cabin. It was SUCH a lovely day. I did nothing! ... and read a book that my youngest son suggested. I love when my sons' suggest something I might like and we then can talk about the book.

Well ... off to read some more. Have a great week everyone.
Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
I go out on Black Friday too .... however, I can't believe some places are starting at 8PM Thursday also. It bothers me too. Where is the family time? I think I will be doing the same thing as you. There really isn't anything I need that would make me miss Thanksgiving. When I get to the stores in the morning, whatever is left will be it.

Hey ... maybe I will see you around!
I'm old-fashioned and think that the stores should NOT be allowed to be open on T.giving day.... but I'm sure that someone who does not celebrate T.giving wouldn't agree with me and tell me to mind my own business. Are we all really SO desperate to shop that we must do it instead of spending time with our families!? I don't get it.

Happy Monday and happy belated Veteran's Day. I kind of forgot that YESTERDAY was actually V.Day, since we have the day off today. But a huge THANK YOU to all our Vets and Vet families here on the Dis!

In honor of Veterans Day yesterday I watched about a 6 hour marathon of "Vietnam in HD".... it was absolutely riveting and compelling. I did watch and scrap and kept having to pause it to leave the room, but I watched it all and ended up crying at the end when the POWs came home.

And I never finished yesterday's QOTD! My dessert table would include my Mom's lightened up apple crisp and another new recipe I wanted to try, Pumpkin angel food cake! Sounds perfect for this time of year. I may make it for T.giving!

The recipes for the curried carrot soup, layered ratatouille, and lightened up apple crisp are all on the BL recipe thread, found here.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447512

I can provide the recipe for the quinoa mac and cheese and the angel food cake if anyone is interested. The rest of the foods were either figments of my imagination, or just "ideas" that you don't really need a recipe to make.

I was hoping to talk the family into a hike today, but DH and DS are talking about building a potato cannon after all homework is finished...and DD still has swim, despite the school holiday, so I will be heading out about 2:15 for that. Thankfully it is an early swim day. I will probably take a short hike myself before lunch. Just gotta remember to stick to the trail, since it is hunting season!

I've got yummy cinnamon steel cut oats in the crockpot for breakfast calling to me! And the coffee is perked. I hope you all have a delightful day! I will pop on again in a bit to answer the QOTD!................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #1224
belledreamer
Hello Sweetie... <3
Nothing like reaching a goal to keep you motivated!

So sorry for being a little late for posting the QOTD, just got behind a little bit... But I'm here now!

Most of you are familiar with my love of music in doing my workouts and there's nothing like a fast paced song to get us in a good mood and off the couch! And the best part about music is that there's always something new to listen to. So...

QOTD for Monday, 11/12/2012: What are you currently listening to?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #1225
belledreamer
Hello Sweetie... <3

Quote:
Maybe now I'll finally answer one of my QOTD...

Not really work-out related music, but I just bought the soundtrack for the Broadway musical of 'A Tale of Two Cities' which opened in Sept 2008 but closed just 2 months later, in part to the economy. The music however is absolutely phenomenal, and having loved the story, especially of Sydney Carton, I fell in love with the soundtrack.

James Barbour (who played the Beast at one point during Beauty and the Beast's B-way run) plays Sydney and his voice absolutely melts me every time. Especially when he sings 'Let Her Be A Child' http://youtu.be/uT1pRvPXOVI

They did release a concert version of the show on PBS (cost $50 to own the DVD though... ) but I've been finding bits and pieces of the show on Youtube so that's what I've been watching for most of the weekend, along with this great little preview video from broadway.com http://youtu.be/1P5q4hLuY1c
Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #1226
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

I ran my first 10k yesterday and my same ol' same ol' kept me in the groove.
My favorite songs are:
Imma Be -- Black Eyed Peas (I confess that I want to dance when this comes on, so I usually wait until I'm feeling beat up so it gives me a little kick in the pants and I'm not dancing through the race rather than running).
Good Vibrations -- Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch (yes I know I'm cheesy!)
Gold Digger--- Kanye West
Sabotage---Beastie Boys
Sexy Back--Justin Timberlake
You're So Damn Hot-- OKgo
Those last two are for confidence or for a good laugh during the race.
And I start my races with I've Got a Feeling -- Black Eyed Peas. It's my own little tradition to make me less nervous and more excited.

[/img]

Last edited by christinascreative; 11-12-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: to add more of my playlist
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #1227
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...

Quote:
So sorry for being a little late for posting the QOTD, just got behind a little bit... But I'm here now!

Most of you are familiar with my love of music in doing my workouts and there's nothing like a fast paced song to get us in a good mood and off the couch! And the best part about music is that there's always something new to listen to. So...

Ahhh!! I hate that I fall off the boards on the weekend...gotta get better at that!

I listen to a ton of music when I work out, but my power song is Flo Rida's "Good Feeling". It always makes me feel awesome, and like I could go for another few miles. I like to mix it in with some Disney music as well

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Well, I have a new longer-term goal- my DM and I are booked on our first Disney Cruise! We'll be on the Wonder for the May 11, 2013 sailing. I'm so excited! I have always wanted to go on a Disney cruise, so this provides me with two birds/one stone. I also need deadline for a goal! I can't wait to be on that boat!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #1228
pjlla
<><

Quote:

Nothing in particular. My drive with DD just now was punctuated with bits of Disney ride music, a few Glee songs, and some Adele (although DD is the fan...me not so much). It's was all from DD's IPod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksLilWench View Post
Ahhh!! I hate that I fall off the boards on the weekend...gotta get better at that!

I listen to a ton of music when I work out, but my power song is Flo Rida's "Good Feeling". It always makes me feel awesome, and like I could go for another few miles. I like to mix it in with some Disney music as well

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Well, I have a new longer-term goal- my DM and I are booked on our first Disney Cruise! We'll be on the Wonder for the May 11, 2013 sailing. I'm so excited! I have always wanted to go on a Disney cruise, so this provides me with two birds/one stone. I also need deadline for a goal! I can't wait to be on that boat!
So jealous! DD and I are trying to plan a short WDW visit next spring, but I'm not sure finances will allow it. We'll see. I'm trying to tuck away a bit from each paycheck. What a great reason to reach goal!

Afternoon all! What a beautiful day! I hope you all had such lovely weather today! Washed the kids comforters so that I would have something to hang out in the sun!

Here at the Y with DD. I brought some scrapping supplies, but will take a walk outside before it gets dark. High school swim starts this week. As crazy as life has been lately, it is only going to get worse! Crockpot usage will go into high gear! Thank goodness it is soup and stew season.

TTYL............P

Old 11-13-2012, 02:00 AM   #1229
belledreamer
Hello Sweetie... <3

Just time for the QOTD!

We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but unfortunately, it's also the easiest to skip, especially since our schedules are so busy... But skipping breakfast can not only hurt our energy for the day, but it can also impede our weight loss.

QOTC for Tuesday 11/13/2012 : What do you do to make sure you're getting your most important meal of the day?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:03 AM   #1230
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
Just time for the QOTD!

We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but unfortunately, it's also the easiest to skip, especially since our schedules are so busy... But skipping breakfast can not only hurt our energy for the day, but it can also impede our weight loss.

QOTC for Tuesday 11/13/2012 : What do you do to make sure you're getting your most important meal of the day?
It's my DIS time -- so because I don't want to miss out on reading the newest stuff on the DIS I make sure to have my breakfast (fruit, muesli and some sort of dairy product) with it.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: