Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #76
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Well, I haven't run in about 5 weeks (or more) and last night I decided to do a 5k this morning! What was I on last night? Anyhow, it went well & it was an easy, mainly flat course. It starts right before our huge parade, so half of it was the parade route. It was weird having soooo many people watching me run, but all the clapping & cheering was fun. I ran my best time, even after stopping to walk because of a cramp, so I'm happy.

Now we are going to relax. DS6 has strep again, so he is tired & DS9 spent the night at a friend's so he is exhausted. We may go to the inlaws for a party, but I'm really not feeling it. DH worked a 12 hr shift last night then went to the parade, so he has collapsed on the couch. I need to get some food in this hungry belly, so I'm off.

Have a great day!

Jill
Old 09-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #77
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kollerbear;46027138
Welcome back!! Hopefully the small group will help keep you accountable in a supportive (but persistent?) way. Good luck starting Weight Watchers! That's so exciting to have the goal of running a half marathon! Have you run before?

[COLOR="Magenta"
Thanks for the welcome back. Never run a race before but there's a first time for everything -right?!![/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

I love, love, love Weight Watchers. Let me know if you want any help!! And of COURSE you can come back! We missed you!

Thanks Pamela I missed you guys as well! Will definitely be taking you up on the WW help

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayTom View Post
We were near the seaside and ended up doing a good bit of walking over the weekend, whereas we drive a lot here. It is definitely a good thing because i've come to the realisation that i REALLY need to start walking as well as a general workout. I had blisters come up on my little toes from ballet pumps (bad enough to pop...yuck, sorry tmi) and also had blisters come up on the inside of my feet below the cushioned bit under the big toes. This was from some shape up sketchers trainers/sneakers/runners that i bought a couple of months ago. They were a little uncomfortable there when i first got them but i thought they were broken in now...i was wrong!!!

Glad to read all of your stories...feeling very hopeful for the future xx
Happy birthday-hope the wee toes are healing
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 AM   #78
jbm02
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm Jude and I've started a few of the other challenges but run out of steam about 3/4 of the way through. And, big surprise, I'm stuck at a weight that hovers between 160 and 170. NOT a good idea for a 5'2" frame. I kept telling myself all summer - time to get back to WISH and hold yourself accountable but somehow always found something else to do. Well, NO MORE. No more fooling myself and thinking it's "just going to happen". Exercise isn't my problem - grazing and lack of good meal planning is (next stop - find the meal planning thread!). I exercise alot - I do a 5AM boot camp class about 3X a week, plus run or do tabata at lunch time (there is a Y in my building. Yes, I know how lucky I am for that!)
Like probably just about everyone else here, my life is pretty hectic. I am mom to 2 teenagers (who start back to school today!), and have an awesome DH. I work fulltime, plus am a reservist in the National Guard, and also teach one night a week at the State University. And I am running for Town Judge, which means I am out several nights a week, going door to door. But I can't let "being busy" be an excuse any more. My goal is 135 - which I haven't seen in about 20 years so I'm not sure if its realistic but I'll take it in increments of 5 and 10 pounds, and who knows??
Have a great day, everyone!!

1976 CR, 1980 Poly, 1991 Yacht Club (honeymoon), 1997 POFQ, 2001 AsSp, 2001 CS (10th Anniversary), 2002 CR, 2003 SOG, 2004 SOG, 2006 SOG/Double Dip on the Magic to the western Caribbean, 2009 CBR/Double Dip on the Magic, 2011 POP for the PRINCESS HALF MARATHON
jbm02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #79
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Morning all! Just want to pop on and say good morning before the day gets away from me! Got a lot of stuff done this weekend and have the cuts, scrapes, and bruises to prove it!i I like house/yard projects but I beat myself up doing them.

Will drive the kids to school so I can have the car today. Then I will head to the transfer station and the garage for an oil change and brake check. Hopefully I can be home again by noon.

Off to pack lunches and put dinner in the big crockpot. Made a new breakfast crockpot recipe last night. I'll share it if it turns out good! I didn't eat a lot yesterday ( too busy) so I am really ready for a good breakfast!

TTYL.............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #80
ChelleyB
Mouseketeer

Good Morning Everyone
I'm Michelle and this is my 3rd BL challenge. I completely fell off the wagon during the summer challenge but am bound and determined to make to the end of the fall challenge. I am 12 lbs away from my goal weight, but these last few pounds do not want to come off - they really like me

Looking forward to doing the challenge together and motivating one another to reach our goals of loss and/or maintaining
Old 09-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #81
Disney Hokie Gal
Earning My Ears

I just realized I never did an intro of me. I'm Tricia, and I live in Northern Virginia. Not married, no kids. Growing up I was always extremely thin, and was always active, so I never had to worry about my weight. When I got out of college, I started getting really bad migraines, and one of the medicines that I was on caused me to gain about 30 pounds in a year. And since then, the weight start creeping up. So 20 years later, I'm still trying to get it off. I was losing some 4 years ago, but then was diagnosed with breast cancer, and gained back what I had lost, and then some.

I started running after all of my surgeries and treatments as a way to get back into shape, but so far, I haven't lost any weight, probably because I've been so inconsistent. I've run 2 1/2 marathons, and numerous 5K's. My next half is the Wine & Dine, and I'd love to be about 10 pounds lighter. I think that would help with my time.

My goal is to lose between 60-70 pounds, so I have a ways to go!
Disney Hokie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #82
kollerbear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Well, I haven't run in about 5 weeks (or more) and last night I decided to do a 5k this morning! What was I on last night? Anyhow, it went well & it was an easy, mainly flat course. It starts right before our huge parade, so half of it was the parade route. It was weird having soooo many people watching me run, but all the clapping & cheering was fun. I ran my best time, even after stopping to walk because of a cramp, so I'm happy.
Hahhaa... that sounds kind of like a 1-person race!!! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleyB View Post
Good Morning Everyone
I'm Michelle and this is my 3rd BL challenge. I completely fell off the wagon during the summer challenge but am bound and determined to make to the end of the fall challenge. I am 12 lbs away from my goal weight, but these last few pounds do not want to come off - they really like me

Looking forward to doing the challenge together and motivating one another to reach our goals of loss and/or maintaining
Welcome!! I'm sure those last 12 lbs. are stubborn, but you're stubborn-er. Or more stubborn. You know what I mean.

Good morning, all. I am having a FRUSTRATING morning. I made the mistake of letting myself get upset after being called out on a thread (about calling myself vegan even though I very rarely and in specific circumstances do not make every effort possible to ensure that I'm eating vegan food in restaurants, or make the decision to have some dairy in my coffee if nothing else is available, or eat something someone has prepared for me in their own home (like pancakes) if nothing else is available, etc.) I was SO hurt by this, that it kept me up until 4:00 yesterday morning!! I've seen some DIS threads get pretty contentious and crazy, but I was just so used to how welcoming these threads are, so I got comfortable and said a couple things casually on the vegan thread that, even though I believe in them, were probably asking for people to jump all over them. They are conversations I'd gladly have in person because I stand behind my ideas and feelings, but on the thread the responses felt hurtful to me (even though they were respectfully written) because of how passionate I am about veganism and how much it means to me. In retrospect I REALLY regret talking about something so important to me. I can't shake this yucky feeling!! I've definitely learned a lesson--I guess that happens to people on the boards a lot.

On the up side, I decided yesterday to do the C25K challenge! I should focus on THIS. I've done a couple 1/2 marathons in the past, and trained from 0 to the 1/2 in about 9 weeks, so I know that the C25K might be too easy for me. BUT, my big obstacle is making time for exercise, and this seems like an easy and fun program that will get me off the couch three times a week, and that's honestly what counts. EASE and FUN were two ingredients I was definitely missing last time I took up running, so I hope this feels nice and gets me motivated! I'm also hoping that working up so slowly might help ease the knee pain I experience when I run.

Looking forward to weighing in on Friday and getting this party started!!! Have a great day everyone! Happy September!!

Me (27)--> <--DF (26), Ella, Panther, Sasha, Abigail
kollerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #83
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by kollerbear View Post
Hahhaa... that sounds kind of like a 1-person race!!! Congrats!

Welcome!! I'm sure those last 12 lbs. are stubborn, but you're stubborn-er. Or more stubborn. You know what I mean.

Good morning, all. I am having a FRUSTRATING morning. I made the mistake of letting myself get upset after being called out on a thread (about calling myself vegan even though I very rarely and in specific circumstances do not make every effort possible to ensure that I'm eating vegan food in restaurants, or make the decision to have some dairy in my coffee if nothing else is available, or eat something someone has prepared for me in their own home (like pancakes) if nothing else is available, etc.) I was SO hurt by this, that it kept me up until 4:00 yesterday morning!! I've seen some DIS threads get pretty contentious and crazy, but I was just so used to how welcoming these threads are, so I got comfortable and said a couple things casually on the vegan thread that, even though I believe in them, were probably asking for people to jump all over them. They are conversations I'd gladly have in person because I stand behind my ideas and feelings, but on the thread the responses felt hurtful to me (even though they were respectfully written) because of how passionate I am about veganism and how much it means to me. In retrospect I REALLY regret talking about something so important to me. I can't shake this yucky feeling!! I've definitely learned a lesson--I guess that happens to people on the boards a lot.

On the up side, I decided yesterday to do the C25K challenge! I should focus on THIS. I've done a couple 1/2 marathons in the past, and trained from 0 to the 1/2 in about 9 weeks, so I know that the C25K might be too easy for me. BUT, my big obstacle is making time for exercise, and this seems like an easy and fun program that will get me off the couch three times a week, and that's honestly what counts. EASE and FUN were two ingredients I was definitely missing last time I took up running, so I hope this feels nice and gets me motivated! I'm also hoping that working up so slowly might help ease the knee pain I experience when I run.

Looking forward to weighing in on Friday and getting this party started!!! Have a great day everyone! Happy September!!
I'm sorry that happened to you. I stopped visiting the Community board for just that reason...things get ugly QUICKLY there! It is a shame that folks can't stay friendlier, but some people don't seem to be able to just "click" themselves away from things they disagree with. Anyhow....sorry you were kept up all night thinking and such. Stay here on the WISH board where things are friendly (usually) .

Good luck with the C25K!

So here at Midas waiting for my car. Oil change, air filters, and new brake rotors.... dang. Thankfully the rotors were under warranty.

Ran into Walmart, Staples, and Hobby Lobby to kill time and do a few returns. Managed to not buy too much. Raining harder now, so I'm done walking. I'll do the rest of my errands when I get the car back. Then home for lunch and chores.

TTYL...........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #84
ChelleyB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kollerbear View Post

Bummer - I'm sorry about that

Wishing you much success with C25K! I'll be cheering for you
Old 09-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #85
pjlla
<><

Things are quiet here for a new thread...... not complaining, just commenting. Home, had lunch, threw dinner into the crockpot (I can turn it up higher than a normal crockpot, so I know it will be done on time), did some picking up and organizing a started a few craft projects (they all need the same paint job), so I'm feeling good about what I got done today. I'll share pix of the craft if it turns out okay. One of them is a pretty simple spraypainting job. DS has a wall of the letter "L" (his first initial) and I always pick them up when I see them around (primarily Hobby Lobby and such). I grabbed a new one today( plain wood) that I hadn't seen before and I am using a bit of a black metallic paint that I am also using for something else to paint it. PLUS I've been looking for some nice big house numbers for the front door and I finally found something I liked at Hobby Lobby and they will also get the same black metallic paint job. Killing three birds with one can of paint, so to speak! (I crack myself up!)

DH was sweet enough to pick some flowers from the yard for me and have them waiting in one of my favorite blue/green mason jars on the counter when I got home.

Heading out in a minute to pick up the kids. I am QUICKLY getting spoiled letting DD drive them to school, so I wish I didn't have to take the car today!

TTYL.........................P

Old 09-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #86
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

No time to catch up but did want to post this interesting news about Jillian Michaels returning to the Biggest Loser Show this season. popcorn:

http://www.people.com/people/article...626567,00.html
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #87
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Hi Everyone just doing my intro.. Hi I'm Michelle this is round #2 for me, I did th summer one and lost a bit then gained it back and ended at my same weight so I guess this summer I was a maintainer... I have about 6 weeks left of my Zumba classes - every tues and thurs and I must say I love them.. if they offer them again I'll be signing up.. other then that I don't do activity.. I know should but I just don't..

Um personal - I am a wife and mom to two fab kids DD just left for her freshman year at college and DS is a 10th grader.. I've been married to my Hubs for almost 4 yrs (in Nov) and before that I was a single mom for 10 or so years.. I feed my kids on the cheap so we could have a roof over our heads which means lots of pasta at my house.. I LOVE Carbs... I have diabetes and need to cut the habit.. sooo very hard to let go... but working on it.. I am at a high does of Metformin and it kills my belly... I have a sit at your desk and look at the computer all day job.. but it works for me, been here 10 + years so know it inside and out..

Well off to Zumba!! see you all tomorrow have a great night.. Michelle

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #88
pjlla
<><

Okay friends.... for those of you who are returning from the Summer challenge, you might remember a little promise I made about a weekly recipe? Well, you may also recall that I failed UTTERLY on that promise! I totally forgot after the first few weeks! But I'm here to redeem myself, at least a little bit! I won't make a promise of a WEEKLY recipe, but I'll try hard to share any new healthy recipes that I try. So here we are, up for your viewing (and eating) pleasure.... the first recipe of the fall challenge! Just in time for fall apple harvest time!

Here is the recipe, as I found it online (will include a link at the bottom of this post). I will let you know my changes in red at the bottom.

Apple Pie Oatmeal

Ingredients:
1 cup of steel cut oats*
3 diced apples (I use Gala)
1 cup apple juice (I use Oasis)
3 cups water
Directions:
For Best Results: Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook for 2-4 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low until it reaches the consistency that you like. Be sure to stir every hour or so.
* You can also cook longer without stirring as often, but you have to add more water liquid and it does come out a bit mushier. Add an extra cup of liquid for 7-8 hours in the slow cooker.
* It must be steel cut oats, regular oats get very soggy when cooked this way. You can find steel cut oats in your local grocery store (sometimes they are called “irish oats” or “pinhead oats”).
Delicious when topped with a drizzle of organic maple syrup, honey, or a sprinkle of brown sugar.
This recipe makes 6 – 1 cup servings.
Enjoy!
Nutritional Info per serving (1 cup) (before additional toppings):
115 Calories 1 Fat 26 Carbs 2 Fiber

First of all.... I only made a half batch. DD and I are the primary oatmeal eaters here. Second, I was not at all picky about the type of apple I used. In fact, my thought was to use up the slightly older apples sitting in my fruit basket (may have been one Paula Red and one Crisp??).

I wanted my oatmeal ready at about 7am and I did NOT want to get up during the night to turn it on or stir it. So I put my old "one temp" Crockette on a plug-in timer to start at about 2:30 am. I figured that I would cook the oatmeal in about the middle timeframe given in the original recipe (since I don't know if my Crockette temp is considered high or low). I also boosted the water by half a cup (since it was a half batch) to eliminate the need to stir.

I also added a healthy dash of cinnamon and a smaller dash of nutmeg and cloves. After all, isn't that what apple pie is about? I did NOT add salt, as I normally do to my crockpot oatmeal, because the recipe didn't call for it, and it definitely needed it.

Next time I will use even LESS apple juice.... just didn't particularly enjoy the taste of it in the oatmeal. The apples and spices were enough. And of course, I will add about 1/2 tsp. of salt. I also thought it could have used about 30-60 more minutes of cooking, so next time I will cook this same size batch for more like 4.5 to 5 hours. But I will make it again. The apples were a nice touch!

Here is your link!

http://goodrecipesonline.com/apple-p...kfast-healthy/

Next up I'm trying a pumpkin pie oatmeal. I'll let you know how it turns out!......P

Old 09-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #89
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
No time to catch up but did want to post this interesting news about Jillian Michaels returning to the Biggest Loser Show this season. popcorn:

http://www.people.com/people/article...626567,00.html
I"m excited about this. I really like JM!................P

Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #90
Octoberbride03
I think Tweetie done gone Cuckoo
Been there, done that, married the man!

Popping in to say hi everybody

Got some more signups for the thread and added em to the list

Did much needed rust removal project today on my bath fixture. Its looks even better than I thought it did outside Lemme just tell y'all I LOVE Pinterest. The things I am learning from that site are amazing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: