Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #766
STLnative
Mouseketeer

Hi, everyone! I seem to only be managing to come post about once a week. Oh, well - still here and still losing, I guess that's what counts. Congrats to our Top Ten and to all of our losers and maintainers who are hanging in there.

I was reminded to come here today because I pulled a muscle in my back while working out! So make sure you do your stretches and warm-up, everyone! Right now if I laugh, it feels like I'm being stabbed - my OH had The Daily Show on and I kept going "HahahaOW....hahahaOW". No fun!

QOTD Monday: What do you plan on being this year for Halloween? If you're not dressing up, what would you like to be?

I haven't dressed up for Halloween since we moved away from our old friends who threw kick-*** Halloween (New Year's, Mardi Gras, etc.) parties. When we eventually get around to taking a Disney trip during an MNSSHP week, I think I'll probably go as a pirate.

QOTD: Tuesday: What book are you reading right now? If you aren't reading anything, what would you like to read?

I've been in a reading slump since the fall semester started, due to having to read so much for class, but I am a complete book nerd. When I was working and not in school, I'd finish a book roughly every two weeks. My favorites are crazy-long epic fantasy series like Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel's Legend, Robin Hobb's Liveship Traders, and George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. Those of you who are just now reading Game of Thrones are in for so much more awesome reading! The later couple books do start to get a little convoluted with less forward momentum, but they're still good. Storm of Swords (#3) is my favorite.

QOTD WEDNESDAY: What are your plans for the upcoming weekend? Is it a long one for you?

I'm jealous of all of you with long weekends! I have two tests this weekend, though I'm hoping to get in enough study time tomorrow to have them both done and out of the way by Friday night. Plans for the weekend include as much of a study break as possible, and hopefully dragging OH to the shooting range (eventual goal is to get our CHLs).

All right - back to the books. Have a great Thursday, all!

Last edited by STLnative; 06-21-2013 at 06:48 PM.
STLnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #767
tigger813
DIS Veteran

Happy Thursday!

Just getting ready to head off to work!

myweegirls: Loved hearing you on the podcast! (Liz and her DH Eric were on the podcast about the TOT 10 miler!)

Congestion and coughing still hanging on to me! Had a coughing fit at 3 and then not sure I ever really got back to sleep! Last night the Nyquil didn't do its job!

2 clients this morning and then picking up Ash and coming home to get her homework done and then picking up Izzie and getting her homework done and then she has dancing! Think it may be fried chicken tonight for supper with fries. I need something easy! My head feels like it could explode! Guess I need some Motrin before I leave too!

Enjoy your THursday!

TTFN

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #768
disneymom2one
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

Congratulations to all the Big Losers!

This has been a crazy week for us. We live seven hours from WDW so going down just for Thursday - Sunday put us way behind on life and we're still catching up. The 5K was worth it though - especially the Expo.

None of us have Columbus Day off but we still have good weekend plans. We're all running another race on Saturday. It's a combined half/10K/5K and I'm doing the 10K. My husband and daughter are doing the 5K. I've run a 10K distance a few times in the last few weeks without stopping (although I'm super slow - 12:30 mm) and I'm hoping to finish even though I know my time won't be that great. If I finish strong, I'm going to register for the Princess Half. Big, huge step for me but at this point in my journey, I need goals other than just weight loss.

Have a great Thursday everyone. Kid just left for school (we do late start here once a month) and I have a class to teach in an hour or so. Last class of the week!

---living in paradise and vacationing with the Mouse

--- DVC members - OKW

disneymom2one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #769
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Hi everyone! Back from WDW and back to reality - oof. Also a bit under the weather, go figure...

Tracey, thanks for the podcast shout-out! We had so much fun recording it. We're also on the Food & Wine Festival segment and eventually, when they put it up, the Boardwalk review segment. So much fun.

QOTD Monday: What do you plan on being this year for Halloween? If you're not dressing up, what would you like to be?

I have a RennFest costume - if it's cool enough, I'll probably wear that! DD8 is going as Merida, and my dress is green, so I might get away with Elinor.

QOTD: Tuesday: What book are you reading right now? If you aren't reading anything, what would you like to read?

I normally have a book or two in constant rotation, but with the trip I decided to attack my huge backlog of magazines. Oy. I have mostly Real Simples and Vanity Fairs left now...then back to the library list!

QOTD WEDNESDAY: What are your plans for the upcoming weekend? Is it a long one for you?

My mom is visiting! She gets here Friday afternoon and stays until Monday. DH and I don't have Monday off, but DDs do, so we're sorting that out...I'm singing with our church's houseband on Saturday and need to get to work on those songs...

So I ran the ToT 10-Miler! And finished! My time was 1:53:17, which, given how warm and muggy it was, is pretty awesome in my book. This was my first big race, and I had a great time. There were so many people in rough shape, both on the course and afterward, that I think I must have prepped just right with food, water, Powerade, and pacing. Time to get ready for the half marathon in January!

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #770
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

No days off, but my parents will be visiting. We are celebrating my birthday a few weeks early with a nice dinner on Saturday. We also plan to do some outdoor Fall activities, like visit a pumpkin patch.

What is one food that you can't live without? Is it a healthy food or not so healthy food?
Dessert! If I have to pick one, I don't know if I can. If I have to pick 2...ice cream and cookies. Obviously not healthy foods.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #771
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger813 View Post
Happy Hump Day!

What is one food that you can't live without? Is it a healthy food or not so healthy food?

It's been a pleasure being your coach this week! Sorry I didn't get to as many replies as I would've like to but as I've been saying a lot lately and way too much: "Sometimes life just gets in the way!"

TTFN
First Thanks for coaching!!!
Second what can't I live without.. I think I'll say breakfast foods, I could eat breakfast 3 times a day and never tire of it -- I have type 2 diabetes and am watching what I eat but man I love to have cereal, toast, muffins, bagels, waffles, pancakes - ok you get it right so during the week I alternate eggs and oatmeal and the weekends are the other stuff..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #772
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Hi Guys!
Hope you are all doing great! Thinking happy thoughts here you know pumping out that good brain chemistry

Quote:
TTFN
Well for me it's not food but you may guess it..
a good mug of English black tea with whole milk and sugar
I try to not have more than 3 cups a day and have tried to give it up completely but I just can't or more accurately I don't want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLnative View Post
Not planning on dressing up but I do have a orange tee with a candy corn mickey head that I plan to wear while passing out candy

An Irish Country Courtship by Patrick Taylor (4th book in the series )

Church, A Bridal Shower, Sewing, and Cleaning out the Garage (well one section of it)

Congrats to the top 10

take care all

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
tea pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #773
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Evening all! I missed being on here again today! Got called to work and had to say yes. Then a quick errand, home again, food, laundry, dishes, and some weekend planning. And now onto a 4 day weekend! Woohoo!

I am taking each kid away for 2 days and we really don't have any firm plans yet! but we have a few ideas and I will firm things up for the first two days when DS gets home from his meeting. Hard to have fun on a tight budget, but I gave each kid one big "event" to choose from and then we will also have one low key (i.e. CHEAP ) day. And I will pack food and snacks, both for thrift and health reasons.

Off to fold laundry... Got work before I can relax!........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #774
jbm02
DIS Veteran

I had a long post and it went poof! Sigh. Trying again!!

Quote:
Monday QOTD: What do you plan on being this year for Halloween? If you're not dressing up, what would you like to be?

QOTD: Tuesday:What book are you reading right now? If you aren't reading anything, what would you like to read?

TTFN
No dressing up for us although we put out a mat that makes scary noises when the kids step on it to ring the bell. (my favorite costume was for a law school party - my 6'5" DH and I - all of 5'1" - went as the Jolly Green Giant and Sprout, green makeup and all. Friends of ours still laugh about it - 25 years later!) This is the first year that DH and I will let DD13 go trick or treating without parental supervision (cue teen age eye rolling here) so for the first time in 18 years, we will be home together to hand out candy!! We live in a pretty big suburban neighborhood and usually go thru 7 or 8 bags so it will be a busy night.

Book?? OMG, desperately wish I had time to read right now. I love to read. One of my friends from college writes contemporary romances and one of my guilty pleasures is reading her newest releases. Has anyone out there ever read anything by Kristan Higgins?

Quote:

We're hoping to go to the Yankee Candle Outlet on Saturday. Also see all the pretty colors on the way to western MA! They have really changed a lot the past few days! I think we might also try and go to see Hotel Transylvania or Frankenweenie! They both have gotten good reviews. No soccer this weekend and I took the weekend off from work!

TTFN
Trees are just starting to change here in upstate NY. Love, love this season.
It will be a busy weekend for us. High school football game tomorrow night. DS17 is a senior and is having a fun year. Friday night lights is the best!!
We're going to the West Point/Boston College football game on Saturday at West Point. DS is pretty excited about it; one of his football teammates is coming with us. They are both applying to West Point. The "Parade of Cadets" is early (maybe 10?) so we'll have to leave early; we're about 2 hours north of West Point. Our next door neighbors invited us over for drinks and munchies when we get back. Looking forward to a great day of football and an evening of laughs. The only downside is that Saturday is also the Race for the Cure here - so it will be the first time in 6 years that I've missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kollerbear View Post
Biggest Loser Fall Challenge! Week 3

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 3?

#10 - 0.93% - jbm02 (Jude)
#9 - 1.08% - camnham (Jen)
#8 - 1.14% - shinysparklybubbles (Rebekah)
#7 - 1.22% - MickeyMagic
#6 - 1.26% - Mom2aJessieGirl (Christy)
#5 - 1.54% - STLnative (Mike)
#4 - 1.57% - christinascreative (Christina)
#3 - 1.78% - Flossbolna (Magdalene)
#2 - 1.90% - DoomBuggieDriver (Kathy)

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Fall Challenge! Week 3 Biggest Loser is:
#1 - 2.70% - ronalee (Rhonda)
Yay, Rhonda!!!!

Congratulations!!!

CHALLENGE TO DATE LEADERBOARD

Seeing as we're three weeks into a ten week challenge, I thought it would be fun to add a "challenge to date" running tab to show off our top participants on the leader board in the challenge so far...

At 30% of the Challenge complete, our top 10 are:

#10 - 2.52% - indygirl99
#9 - 2.88% - Mom2aJessieGirl (Christy)
#8 - 2.97% - 6ofus2 (Robbie)
#7- 3.13% - DoomBuggieDriver (Kathy)
#5 (tie) - 3.33% - slriver (Tracy)
#5 (tie) - 3.33% - shinysparklybubbles (Rebekah)
#4 - 3.50% - disneymom2one (MB)
#3 - 3.74% - andijean (Andrea)
#2 - 3.78% - Flossbolna (Magdalene)
#1 - 4.19% - jbm02 (Jude)

Keep up the hard work guys!!!
Holt freaking cow. So, so excited!!!
Quote:

Well, for me it's chocolate! I have cut way back on the chocolate that I eat each day but I have always felt that it's best not to deprive yourself! I prefer dark chocolate so I guess I can call that healthy! LOL! We always have M&Ms in the house.

TTFN
Pizza. That's why I'm here. 'nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLnative View Post
[B]I'm jealous of all of you with long weekends! I have two tests this weekend, though I'm hoping to get in enough study time tomorrow to have them both done and out of the way by Friday night. Plans for the weekend include as much of a study break as possible, and hopefully dragging OH to the shooting range (eventual goal is to get our CHLs).

Mike
Good luck on your tests!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
So I ran the ToT 10-Miler! And finished! My time was 1:53:17, which, given how warm and muggy it was, is pretty awesome in my book. This was my first big race, and I had a great time. There were so many people in rough shape, both on the course and afterward, that I think I must have prepped just right with food, water, Powerade, and pacing. Time to get ready for the half marathon in January!

XO
Liz
Congratulations!!

Busy night here. Prepped part of the weekly "Thursday night dinner" for the football players, then out campaigning door to door for 1.5 hours (it gets dark early now!), then to the middle school for open house. I'm beat. Heading to bed.

Have a great night everyone!!
Jude

1976 CR, 1980 Poly, 1991 Yacht Club (honeymoon), 1997 POFQ, 2001 AsSp, 2001 CS (10th Anniversary), 2002 CR, 2003 SOG, 2004 SOG, 2006 SOG/Double Dip on the Magic to the western Caribbean, 2009 CBR/Double Dip on the Magic, 2011 POP for the PRINCESS HALF MARATHON
jbm02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #775
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Hello all! I am your coach this week. I am Jill and this is my 4th BL challenge. I started last fall and love all the support from these threads. I would like to lose about 7-12 more pounds before DH graduates in January, however, these last few pounds are refusing to budge! Anyhow, I live in western PA with DH, DS9, and DS6. I am a teacher at an alternative education school. I teach History and also special education. My students right now are in 7th-12th grades, but we are licensed for 4th-12th. And yes, we have had students as young as 11. Ok, moving on to the QOTD:

Friday, October 5 QOTD

What are your exercise plans for this week?

I'll be on to reply after I take the kids to school, go for a run, and go visit my great aunt. Happy Friday!

Jill
Old 10-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #776
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Hello all! I am your coach this week. I am Jill and this is my 4th BL challenge. I started last fall and love all the support from these threads. I would like to lose about 7-12 more pounds before DH graduates in January, however, these last few pounds are refusing to budge! Anyhow, I live in western PA with DH, DS9, and DS6. I am a teacher at an
alternative education school. I teach History and also special education. My students right now are in 7th-12th grades, but we are licensed for 4th-12th. And yes, we have had students as young as 11.

Thanks for coaching this week Jill!!!

Ok, moving on to the QOTD:

Friday, October 5 QOTD

I will definitely be ACTIVE this weekend, but no specific workout planned. DS and I are doing a Segway tour in Boston today and tomorrow is still up in the air. DD and I are most likely heading to Mystic Aquarium either Sunday or Monday, but nothing is booked yet.

I see lots of walking in my weekend.... but probably a bit of recreational eating too!

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!.....................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #777
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

Hello everyone, another crazy week! Hope you all are doing fabulous!!

I'm down again this week so maybe I'm finally getting back on track.

QOTD: Next Sunday is my 2nd half marathon, so probably run 3-4 days and then alternate with some weights or pilates a couple of nights!

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #778
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Good morning all! So excited that I am down again today .... I think that would put me at around 25lbs from my highest so happy with that. Still not able to do much in lines of working out because my feet are still healing the skin has been peeling off leaving tender skin exposed...so frustrating because as I see the weight slowing coming off I become motivated to do more to loose and I am just stuck..
I took a 4 day weekend since the kids are off...not much planned its football season so DS plays on both the freshman and JV teams so he has games tonight and Monday and DH refs so he is gone most Friday nights and all day Saturday's

May take both my nieces and DD to the mall to just hang out today....just to be out and doing something

We are starting our own pseudo WW group in our office this week to challenge each other so hopefully that will help as well to keep me motivated.

Have a great weekend all!!
camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #779
mskayjay
They were sooooo good I had um.....a few.....okay fine.....several!
I have the coolest memories of going on that ride over and over with my cousin

no loss for me this week! What a bummer. My legs are looking nice and toned, tummy is tighter, scale hates me! lol Oh well! I know that I was good and this is just my body "doing it's thing" and hopefully it will eventually catch up.

Off to the gym for a workout and then a run. Hope you all have a great Friday!
K

Golf Resort (SOG now!)1974*Polynesian Resort 1976* Off site 1990*Tree House Villas 1992*Caribbean Beach Resort 1998*Off site 2004*Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006*Wilderness Lodge 2008*Wilderness Lodge 2009*Wilderness Lodge 2010*Animal Kingdom Villas 2011* Wilerness Lodge Villas 2011*
mskayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #780
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Hello all! I am your coach this week. I am Jill and this is my 4th BL challenge. I started last fall and love all the support from these threads. I would like to lose about 7-12 more pounds before DH graduates in January, however, these last few pounds are refusing to budge! Anyhow, I live in western PA with DH, DS9, and DS6. I am a teacher at an alternative education school. I teach History and also special education. My students right now are in 7th-12th grades, but we are licensed for 4th-12th. And yes, we have had students as young as 11. Ok, moving on to the QOTD:

Friday, October 5 QOTD

I'll be on to reply after I take the kids to school, go for a run, and go visit my great aunt. Happy Friday!

Jill
Happy to have you for the coach this week..
For exercise this week, I have my normal T & Th Zumba class and I won a silent auction for a class on F.. other then that just the normal stuff like laundry, grocery shopping, maybe some raking ..

Hope everyone has a great weekend! and especially those of you who have a long one (I sadly do not) I'll see you all on Monday..

Oh PS... I was down this week putting me into the 170's!! I am so excited I have been there in about 3 years!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all

Last edited by bigsis1970; 10-05-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: add the PS
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: