Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #751
kollerbear
Mouseketeer

Biggest Loser Fall Challenge! Week 3

First, some statistics:

MAINTAINERS (i.e. participants staying within 2 lbs of their goal weight):

Maintainers Reporting In & Successfully Maintaining-----2
Congratulations princessbride6205 (Nicole) & myweegirls (Liz)!!!
Maintainers Reporting In------------------------------1

LOSERS:

Current Participants----------------69
Weigh ins-----------------------55
Excused-------------------------3
Missing this week (first time)-----5
Missing this week (second time)--5
Missing this week (third time)----1

Losses--------------------------30
Maintains------------------------14
Gains --------------------------11
New this week-------------------0

This week’s group loss = 36.1 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost 0.34%

RETENTION RATE (including Maintainers and Losers): 61/72 = 85%

THE WISH BIGGEST LOSER FALL CHALLENGE! WEEK 3 SUPERSTARS!!

Disclaimer: I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference the weight lost formula is = loss for the week divided by last week's weight times 100.

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 3?

#10 - 0.93% - jbm02 (Jude)
#9 - 1.08% - camnham (Jen)
#8 - 1.14% - shinysparklybubbles (Rebekah)
#7 - 1.22% - MickeyMagic
#6 - 1.26% - Mom2aJessieGirl (Christy)
#5 - 1.54% - STLnative (Mike)
#4 - 1.57% - christinascreative (Christina)
#3 - 1.78% - Flossbolna (Magdalene)
#2 - 1.90% - DoomBuggieDriver (Kathy)

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Fall Challenge! Week 3 Biggest Loser is:
#1 - 2.70% - ronalee (Rhonda)

Congratulations!!!

What a great week you had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser. Wear it with pride this week!

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version:

or use this:
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

or we have a medium version:

or use this:
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

and we have a small version:

or use this:
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great?!

CHALLENGE TO DATE LEADERBOARD

Seeing as we're three weeks into a ten week challenge, I thought it would be fun to add a "challenge to date" running tab to show off our top participants on the leader board in the challenge so far...

At 30% of the Challenge complete, our top 10 are:

#10 - 2.52% - indygirl99
#9 - 2.88% - Mom2aJessieGirl (Christy)
#8 - 2.97% - 6ofus2 (Robbie)
#7- 3.13% - DoomBuggieDriver (Kathy)
#5 (tie) - 3.33% - slriver (Tracy)
#5 (tie) - 3.33% - shinysparklybubbles (Rebekah)
#4 - 3.50% - disneymom2one (MB)
#3 - 3.74% - andijean (Andrea)
#2 - 3.78% - Flossbolna (Magdalene)
#1 - 4.19% - jbm02 (Jude)

Keep up the hard work guys!!!

Me (27)--> <--DF (26), Ella, Panther, Sasha, Abigail
kollerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #752
kollerbear
Mouseketeer

NOW FOR THOSE OF US WHO SET A GOAL FOR THE CHALLENGE!!!

How this works: You set your goal for what you want to lose in the challenge. Then I calculate your weight loss in the challenge divided by your goal to get a % to goal. Anybody can change their goal at anytime (or add a goal) – all you have to do is send me a PM.

We have done 3 out of 10 weeks, so the challenge is 30% complete.

6ofus2 - 33.72
acename - 25.00
andijean - 38.89
bellaally - 8.00
bigsis1970 - 41.00
ChelleyB - 0.00
D73 - 21.48
Disneyfn420 - 20.00
disneymom2one - 31.03
ditsypixie - 9.09
DoomBuggieDriver - 25.00
DorkyDisneyMom - 30.34
dvccruiser76 - 17.59
EDuke98080 - 0.00
Flossbolna - 54.17
indygirl99 - 60.00
KayTom - 10.00
kollerbear - 2.70
lmhall2000 - 0.00
lovetoscrap - 0.00
luvpoohandcompany - 40.00
MelindaRuns - 0.00
MickeyMagic - 0.00
mommyof2Pirates - 18.67
mskayjay - 17.50
Octoberbride03 - 36.36
ougrad86 - 20.00
::Snow_White:: - 1.85
sue and co - 0.00
SunnyB1066 - 20.00
tiki23 - 5.00

Me (27)--> <--DF (26), Ella, Panther, Sasha, Abigail
kollerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #753
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger813 View Post
QOTD WEDNESDAY: What are your plans for the upcoming weekend? Is it a long one for you?
Well... it is a SUPER long weekend for us, as the kids are off of school both Friday and Monday. Back story.... for about 9 years now I have taken EACH of my kids away separately every year for Mother/Child weekend.... and my last two were at WDW! Anyhow, some how this year has gotten to this point and I haven't taken EITHER child away yet! And the fall is so busy here for us, I almost always do these weekends in the spring. But I digress..... this weekend each child gets a short-but-sweet overnight trip with Mom. DD has SAT's on Saturday, so DS and I will head out Friday morning for our 48 hour retreat. And then we will come home Saturday night and Sunday morning I will head out with DD for another 48 hours! It works out well, since DS has a Paintball tournament on Sunday.

Where are we going, you ask? NO CLUE! This is unusual for us.... usually we talk about it and plan it, for week/months. But I guess after their Disney weekends, it is hard to top it so they haven't come up with anything special!

I think we will DEFINITELY head East or South, to avoid the North and West traveling leaf peepers. It would be beautiful to enjoy our own local White Mountains, but we have learned from experience that every one in NJ, NY, and CT wants to do this during Columbus Day weekend!

Any suggestions? Trying to stay on a budget, of course. There is always Six Flags (are they still open on weekends??), and Boston and Cape Cod. Maybe Newport RI or ??? I have offered the idea of King Richard's Faire (local renaissance fair) to both of them, but didn't get a very enthusiastic response.

There is always the NE Aquarium for DD.... that would make her happy. But it is so "been there, done that" for me. We do have tickets (somewhere in this house) for a free whale watch out of Gloucester, since we did a whale watch last year and didn't see any whales. But the weather report for the weekend is questionable and I can't find the tickets at the moment! I need to hunt for them today, because I think that would be a great choice to do with DD, if the weather report for Sunday or Monday improves.

DS loves games, so a place like Fun Spot (arcade) would be great for him, but it doesn't do much for me and doesn't let us do much TOGETHER (which is the whole point of a Mother/Child weekend).

So there you go..... I kind of have plans, but nothing firm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2aJessieGirl View Post
As I'm sitting here drinking my nightly cup of tea (using one of my WDW Parks mugs, of course!), I thought that I would share a bit about it.

See, I LOVE Hot Apple Cider...especially since moving to Michigan, land of Cider Mills! Republic of Tea now has a Hot Apple Cider Tea! It's caffeine free and sugar free, so I can drink it at night to relax and it's guilt free. Plus, I still get that wonderful fall flavor that I love. It makes me so happy!
That sounds very yummy. DD and I both love hot cider as well, so I will definitely have to look for this! Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belledreamer View Post
Gathering went great over the weekend with my brownie trifle being a big hit and several asking for the recipe. I actually had people sticking their fingers in the empty bowl for one last lick! I did have some (boy, was it GOOD!) but I only had one serving and was good with my other food choices so I didn't have any problem.

I love recipes that go over well like that!!

Meant to go the gym today, but after getting home after running errands, I had a bad bout of my head spinning whenever I'd stand up. I'd be fine while I was laying down but as soon as I'd get up, my head would be spinning and I'd be nauseous. (Inner ear problem?) So I ended up taking a nap instead, thinking that I'd go after that and by the time I woke up, had something to eat and finally felt good enough to go, it's time to start settling down for bed... So we're going to try again tomorrow.

Fingers crossed that you wake today with this symptom gone!

Got exciting news from my local Comic Con website that 7 of the main characters from Star Trek: TNG are coming to the Con which makes my inner fangirl very happy. Good grief...I'm really showing my inner nerd...

Let that inner nerd SHINE!!

But I've pretty much changed my plan for going as Cinderella now since I don't think I'm going to want to spend the whole day in that dress. But keeping to my Disney roots, I'm now planning on going as Penny from 'Bolt' since it's easy to get the costume together and the haircut's similar to mine.

Hopefully I can find a stuffed 'Bolt' while I'm at Disney World. Less than a month to go!!

Do you have a local Disney Store where you could buy a Bolt ahead of time? That way you don't have to wait until you get there, just in case they don't have any. I have a Disney Store here in Manchester. I could look here for you if you would like. Sounds like a GREAT original and COMFORTABLE costume!!

Not much happening this evening. Had baked tilapia and asparagus for dinner

You seem to eat asparagus frequently. Around here it is usually very pricey, other than in the spring, when it is in season. How do you prepare it? We love it roasted or grilled.

and am now relaxing and trying to get sleepy after that 2 hour nap... So I've been surfing Youtube. Found a really interesting channel called 'PBSdigitalstudios' where they've made remix songs using sound bits from some of the more popular shows of PBS; Mister Rogers, Julia Child & Bob Ross. Personally I'm not big on autotune, but the results were pretty surprising and definitely worth a listen. I like them all but I think the Julia Child one is my favorite since I remember my mom and grandma watching her on tv when I was little. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ZrU...feature=relmfu

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!
Well that sounds like FUN! I will definitely check it out later today!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kollerbear View Post

#7 - 1.22% - MickeyMagic

and now

Congratulations!!!
HUGE congratulations to all of our winners! ANd I love the "challenge to date" addition!!!

Good morning friends! No work for me again today (not sure if I am mad or happy about that), and of course, it is raining again so no clothesline for me today. My dryer is definitely getting a workout this week. I had held off on laundry most of last week waiting for the sun, but it couldn't wait any longer! Washer is already chugging along with second load of the day....now I need to catch up with the folding!!

Well, DD tried practicing with another team last night. This is a team where one of her best swim friends moved to, so I really thought she would rave about it. She didn't think the practice was tough enough, plus it wasn't as long as she is used to, and she was complaining that the air in the pool area made her chest feel really tight. She said they frequently stop swimming and get out of the pool to "talk" but it really is just to allow them to catch their breath! That is not good! Swimming at another club tonight. This is the other place where the remaining swim friends went. The drive is shorter, so fingers crossed that she will really like it.

DH is driving to MA today to visit his Mom, who turns 90 years old today! I was thinking about going along, but with these crazy swim nights, I need the time at home to catch up on things! Plus I just saw her on Sunday, so no guilt.

With the rain, that gives me an automatic "out" of painting trim, scraping windows, or yard work, so I guess it is all housework today! I'll take a peek around and see what the greatest priority is and then make my list.

What's for dinner tonight? It is a FAVORITE of DD and myself.... super low Points, filled with veggies and some lean protein and even a little fruit. It is "Heidi's Curried Chicken"! Find the recipe here......
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447512&page=2

I have everything prepped except the carrots and I need to take some chicken stock from the freezer. It will go together quickly once I shred the carrots.

Off to check email! TTYL.......................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 10-03-2012 at 08:17 AM.
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #754
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

For those trying to PM me.... I finally cleaned out my box!!...............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #755
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally

Looks devious
Lol I meant delicious and auto correct messed me up

bellaally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #756
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
HI all,

QOTD WEDNESDAY: What are your plans for the upcoming weekend? Is it a long one for you?

TTFN
Well today is my DS 16th bday (but he is at his dad's), my DD comes home from college for the long weekend tomorrow and will stay till Tues night or Wed am, Sat at 1 we will have DS bday party, we have hockey on sunday - there are 2 games but I'll only be attending the am one because we are going to celebrate my bday (10/10) and the Hubs cousins bday (10/4) with the in-laws and then back to work on Monday! PHEW I am tired just thinking about all this! Oh plus you know we need to to the reg housecleaning and grocery shopping stuff.. Oh boy.. LOL

Quote:

First, some statistics:

LOSERS:

Disclaimer: I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference the weight lost formula is = loss for the week divided by last week's weight times 100.

#7 - 1.22% - MickeyMagic

and now

Congratulations!!!

What a great week you had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser. Wear it with pride this week!

Seeing as we're three weeks into a ten week challenge, I thought it would be fun to add a "challenge to date" running tab to show off our top participants on the leader board in the challenge so far...

#10 - 2.52% - indygirl99

GREAT Job to the Top 10 and Rhonda!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #757
glss1/2fll
DIS Veteran

No long weekend here and no plans for the short one! DS2 decided that for his long weekend drives to earn some hours we should go find the Dairy Queens in all the neighboring towns! Nice try, kiddo.

I slept in today. Who'd have thought 6:30 AM would be sleeping in?! It was still dark when I was hanging clothes on the line! The sun was up by the time the second one went on and now at lunchtime the 3rd one is on, and I am caught up. Windy today so early loads are already dry. Sorry, Pamela!

Time to go back to work. I know the school has made their decision who to hire, but don't think human resources has called yet. Apparently yesterday there were 13 jobs available and no subs to fill them. Don't think I'll have much of a break!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #758
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:

First, some statistics:

LOSERS:

#7 - 1.22% - MickeyMagic

and now

Congratulations!!!

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version:

or use this:
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

or we have a medium version:

or use this:
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

and we have a small version:

or use this:
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great?!

#10 - 2.52% - indygirl99

Congrats to Rhonda, the top 10 and everyone still sticking with it! Just keep swimming! As my husband says: We'll get there!

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #759
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:

TTFN
We have our high school Homecoming. I have a senior this year ... however he is not going . It appears to be the "uncool" thing this year ... at least for the football players. He said if a girl asked him, he would go .... but he is not asking a girl to go even if we are just friends. He went last year when his older brother was here. Oh well.

It will be a fun evening though. We usually have our football games on Saturdays since we live in a very small district and we don't have lights for evening games. However, on Homecoming the local businesses rent lights for the field. It makes for a nice evening in our community.

We don't have anything on our schedule for Saturday .... sh ... don't tell anyone! I can't wait to have a Saturday that isn't filled with running somewhere.

And on Sunday we will be going to a cookout at my DMIL's house to celebrate my husband's birthday. It is actually tomorrow and we will be having his favorite for his birthday ... take-out pizza (which we don't have often since I am trying to lose weight )

Quote:

Monday QOTD: What do you plan on being this year for Halloween? If you're not dressing up, what would you like to be?

QOTD: Tuesday:What book are you reading right now? If you aren't reading anything, what would you like to read?

I just finished The Discovery of Witches last night. Next up on my Kindle Fire is The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer from Glee! I read the sample and really liked it. Izzie wants to read it too. She also read the sample. She will probably read it on Ash's kindle. I also got the sample for JK Rowling's new book. It has not had very good reviews so I'm so glad I can get samples first. I have several other books saved to read later. I also plan on reading the 2nd book in the Witches trilogy. It took me forever to read the first one but I really enjoyed it.
TTFN
I work in an elementary building, but we only celebrate fall. The children don't dress up and neither do we. If we could dress up, I think I would be a witch ... When I was a teen-ager, I worked every year in a haunted house to raise money for the local community center. It was a lot of fun!

As for reading, I am reading John Connolly's Nocturnes. It is short stories that have a scary twist to then. Great for the month. I also listened to The Discovery of Witches on tape and really liked it. I listened to the next one also (I can't remember what it is called). I think it is a trilogy ... so I am looking forward to the next one.

I have book club next month and everyone is reading the book called, "Into the Darkest Corner". It is a thriller and I couldn't put it down. I found it on one of the DIS threads.

I love to read ... I just can't find the time for it as much as I would like. So, I get the CDs from our library and download them onto my ipod and listen to the stories as I garden, exercise, clean ... etc.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #760
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Way to go:

Old 10-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #761
Disney Hokie Gal
Earning My Ears

Congrats to those "losers" this week! Way to go.

It's not a long weekend for me in the sense that we don't have Monday off. But I'm taking Friday off because my mom is coming out to visit, yippee! So I'll pick her up at the airport tomorrow after work, then head to my sister's house for the weekend. We don't have many plans - my nephew's football game on Friday, 3 runs (1 at night to start preparing for the Wine & Dine), some shopping. We're going out to dinner each night, so I'll have to be careful as to what I eat. But a nice, relaxing weekend is the main point.
Disney Hokie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #762
tigger813
DIS Veteran

Happy Hump Day!

Despite feeling so tired that I wanted to cry this morning I made it through the day and did my walk with my friend. Didn't do as much as planned but still enjoyed it! I think the Nyquil I took last night kept me really tired this morning.

Watching Survivor with DH and the girls are in bed! DD12 had soccer in the rain again and I ran to work and then back to get her. I have 2 clients tomorrow and I have to go to CVS to deal with a prescription issue. DD7 has dancing tomorrow evening. Not sure what's for supper as I'm not sure what time DH will be home. May just run to get subs or something while Izzie is at dancing.

What is one food that you can't live without? Is it a healthy food or not so healthy food?

Well, for me it's chocolate! I have cut way back on the chocolate that I eat each day but I have always felt that it's best not to deprive yourself! I prefer dark chocolate so I guess I can call that healthy! LOL! We always have M&Ms in the house.

I found white chocolate candy corn M&Ms today! Can't eat too many of them as they are sweet but not that bad!

It's been a pleasure being your coach this week! Sorry I didn't get to as many replies as I would've like to but as I've been saying a lot lately and way too much: "Sometimes life just gets in the way!"

TTFN

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #763
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Monday QOTD: What do you plan on being this year for Halloween? If you're not dressing up, what would you like to be?

QOTD: Tuesday:What book are you reading right now? If you aren't reading anything, what would you like to read?
QOTD Mon~I am not dressing up this year. I did buy a cute purple shirt that says Happy Halloween on it. In the past I've been a nun, pirate, and nurse. If I could dress up (weather cooperating) I would totally be a princess or Minnie Mouse. It's too hard to be those when I teach.

QOTD Tues~I actually am not reading anything at this exact moment. I am actually trying to catch up on magazines I get. I get some cooking and fitness magazines, plus Good Housekeeping. I'm behind, so I thought I'd catch up and pass those along to family. My mom just gave me a few books, so next up is On Folly Beach and The Beach Trees by Karen White. I've been wanting to read On Folly Beach for awhile now, so I'm excited to get started.

Quote:

I have a nice long weekend including Friday and Monday My own children do not have this wekend off. They actually have off at the end of October. It's kind of crazy how the schools around here have such different schedules. Anyhow, I plan to visit my great aunt in the nursing home on Friday. Friday night is my nephew's Homecoming parade (he plays drums in the band) which passes in front of my sister's house so we will be there for dinner and the parade. No plans for Saturday or Sunday except church. Monday, I plan on doing some deep cleaning while the kiddos are not here to make a mess when I walk out of a newly cleaned room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2aJessieGirl View Post
As I'm sitting here drinking my nightly cup of tea (using one of my WDW Parks mugs, of course!), I thought that I would share a bit about it.

See, I LOVE Hot Apple Cider...especially since moving to Michigan, land of Cider Mills! Republic of Tea now has a Hot Apple Cider Tea! It's caffeine free and sugar free, so I can drink it at night to relax and it's guilt free. Plus, I still get that wonderful fall flavor that I love. It makes me so happy!
Oh my! I also love apple cider and need to find this or another tea. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belledreamer View Post

Gathering went great over the weekend with my brownie trifle being a big hit and several asking for the recipe. I actually had people sticking their fingers in the empty bowl for one last lick! I did have some (boy, was it GOOD!) but I only had one serving and was good with my other food choices so I didn't have any problem.
Glad you are feeling better. I love the Bolt idea. We just watched that movie the other day. Would you mind sharing your brownie trifle recipe? I understand it's not too heathy but I am often put in charge of desserts for family parties & this sounds amazing. Thanks!

Quote:

First, some statistics:

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]
LOSERS:

#7 - 1.22% - MickeyMagic

and now

#10 - 2.52% - indygirl99

Congrats to all the losers and maintainers. Keep up the good fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Well... it is a SUPER long weekend for us, as the kids are off of school both Friday and Monday. Back story.... for about 9 years now I have taken EACH of my kids away separately every year for Mother/Child weekend.... and my last two were at WDW! Anyhow, some how this year has gotten to this point and I haven't taken EITHER child away yet! And the fall is so busy here for us, I almost always do these weekends in the spring. But I digress..... this weekend each child gets a short-but-sweet overnight trip with Mom. DD has SAT's on Saturday, so DS and I will head out Friday morning for our 48 hour retreat. And then we will come home Saturday night and Sunday morning I will head out with DD for another 48 hours! It works out well, since DS has a Paintball tournament on Sunday.

Where are we going, you ask? NO CLUE! This is unusual for us.... usually we talk about it and plan it, for week/months. But I guess after their Disney weekends, it is hard to top it so they haven't come up with anything special!
I have no ideas for you, but I love that you do this with your kids. Time goes so fast, and I am sure they will always remember these mom/child trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
We have our high school Homecoming. I have a senior this year ... however he is not going . It appears to be the "uncool" thing this year ... at least for the football players. He said if a girl asked him, he would go .... but he is not asking a girl to go even if we are just friends. He went last year when his older brother was here. Oh well.

It will be a fun evening though. We usually have our football games on Saturdays since we live in a very small district and we don't have lights for evening games. However, on Homecoming the local businesses rent lights for the field. It makes for a nice evening in our community.

We don't have anything on our schedule for Saturday .... sh ... don't tell anyone! I can't wait to have a Saturday that isn't filled with running somewhere.

And on Sunday we will be going to a cookout at my DMIL's house to celebrate my husband's birthday. It is actually tomorrow and we will be having his favorite for his birthday ... take-out pizza (which we don't have often since I am trying to lose weight )
Sounds like a fun weekend. Too bad DS isn't going to Homecoming. Maybe Prom?

I know I asked before, but what area of Pitts are you in? How's your other DS getting used to college and all those credits? Has he gone to any football games? I love PSU. It's such a great school. It's just too bad it's gotten such a bad rap with all that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Hokie Gal View Post
Congrats to those "losers" this week! Way to go.

It's not a long weekend for me in the sense that we don't have Monday off. But I'm taking Friday off because my mom is coming out to visit, yippee! So I'll pick her up at the airport tomorrow after work, then head to my sister's house for the weekend. We don't have many plans - my nephew's football game on Friday, 3 runs (1 at night to start preparing for the Wine & Dine), some shopping. We're going out to dinner each night, so I'll have to be careful as to what I eat. But a nice, relaxing weekend is the main point.
I hope you have a a great weekend with your mom and sister.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all! I just spent about 30 minutes catching up and now I am going to watch the Presidential debates. Seeing as though I teach History, I should probably watch even though I'd rather be watching something else. We'll see how long I last through this.

I need to get orgaized and get some QOTDs ready for when I start coaching on Friday! It's sneaking up on me...

I also have to help DS9 come up with a science fair project. It's required to participate in 5th grade and optional in 4th and 6th. He wants to do it, so we have to go to a parent meeting tomorrow to get all the details. Any ideas? I have a few, but none that he's real interested in. He's into nature and animals (fishing), but doesn't really know what he wants to do yet. And, as a teacher and daughter of a structural engineer, I am pretty analytical about everything. I'm going to try to let him do this and not take over lol!

Okay, debate is boring me already, but I better go so I can focus. Have a great night and morning.

Jill
Old 10-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #764
belledreamer
Hello Sweetie... <3
Nothing like reaching a goal to keep you motivated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Do you have a local Disney Store where you could buy a Bolt ahead of time? That way you don't have to wait until you get there, just in case they don't have any. I have a Disney Store here in Manchester. I could look here for you if you would like. Sounds like a GREAT original and COMFORTABLE costume!!

I have one close by my house and I found it on Amazon if I can't find it at Disney. But there's something about getting it at Disney that just makes it...I don't know how to describe it...makes me feel like a kid again. But thanks for the offer!

You seem to eat asparagus frequently. Around here it is usually very pricey, other than in the spring, when it is in season. How do you prepare it? We love it roasted or grilled.
Well last night, it's was asparagus from a can... But when we get fresh asparagus, we like to boil it and add salt, pepper and a little butter. I've only had it grilled once and it was kind of on the shriveled side. I'm assuming we didn't do it right?

Quote:
What is one food that you can't live without? Is it a healthy food or not so healthy food?
MILK!! I absolutely love it! Especially chocolate milk! But I drink 1% (can't stand skim...) and much less than I used to. Me and Ddad used to go through about 2-3 gallons a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Glad you are feeling better. I love the Bolt idea. We just watched that movie the other day. Would you mind sharing your brownie trifle recipe? I understand it's not too heathy but I am often put in charge of desserts for family parties & this sounds amazing. Thanks!
I'd be glad to!

Brownie Trifle:

Bake a 13x9 family sized package of brownies according to the directions. You'll want to make them 'cake-like.'
(Optional: Prick the brownies after they come out of the oven with a fork and drizzle 1/2 cup of Kahlua or coffee liquor. But we did without that for the party since there were several small children and didn't even miss it.)

While the brownies are cooling (or the night before) prepare 3 3.9oz boxes of chocolate pudding according to the directions and make sure it's set. (You may not use all of it.) You'll also need a 12oz container of whipped cream (you may want more), a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup and a bag of crushed Heath bar pieces that you'll add at the last minute.

Once your brownies are cooled, divide into thirds, cut each third into little squares, then put your first section in your trifle bowl. Next you put enough pudding in to cover the brownies, followed by a layer of whipped cream, then drizzle a little chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, and mini chocolate chips. Layer 3 times.

On the top layer of whipped cream, you can do what ever you'd like. I made circles of the chocolate syrup and caramel and taking a kabob stick, drug it towards the center which made a fancy flower pattern. Then before you serve, sprinkle your crushed Heath bar pieces on top.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone! No dizziness today so I was able to get my workout in after work!

Rather surprising day while I was at work today. I was working on the register when I hear my boss saying that he needs me to come to the back with him. So I follow him, thinking that he's going to have me do some work in one of the other departments for a while since we were slow this morning. But instead, we stand by the deli while several managers from other departments were starting to gather. So I finally ask,

"What's going on?"

"They didn't tell you?"

"No. I have no idea what's going on..."

I hear him say something to someone else about a meeting and instantly I think the worst: I'm in trouble... So I'm wracking my brain for anything that I could have possibly done wrong while two of my other co-workers show up which makes me feel a little better that it's not just me.

We follow my boss towards the break room and when we get there, there's a huge ice cream cake with "Congratulations!," our names and how many years we've been with the company on it. Some of us were making our 5th, 10th, and 15th year with the company this month and we were getting cake to celebrate!

I totally forgot about it! I've been there 5 years! (Wonder how many groceries I've scanned... ) Our boss made a nice little speech of how much he appreciated our hard work and our staying with the company and all that we do until finally I couldn't stop myself and asked, 'So does that mean I can have a raise?' Everybody got a good laugh out of that one. And he didn't say no, so we'll see!

We also got a little commemorative pin to wear with how many years we've been there, plus our pictures taken for 'The Wall of Honor.' Personally, I was just happy getting ice cream cake and an extra 15 minute break.

Let me just say, this job isn't my favorite. I honestly didn't think I would have been there 2 years, much less 5. And I'll admit it (as will several others...) that retail isn't the easiest job to do; not that it's hard, it's just some of the people you have to deal with on a regular basis... So it was nice to get a little appreciation for what I do from my managers and to really feel like a little more than just another cashier for a day.

And for those who were wondering, I only had one small piece of cake.

Heading to bed! Good night everyone!

Last edited by belledreamer; 10-03-2012 at 10:51 PM.
belledreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #765
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Belledreamer my DH in April started his 41st year at the grocery store he works at. He has been in the same store for all 41 years and has been through 7 total store remodels in that time period. He says I really don't think its been 41 years I started when I was 17. Uh yeah and your 58 now.

They had a banquet last week for all those with 20 years plus service and they said he is the only one in the entire company that has been in the same store for that long. It is a very large company too.

I kept scratching my head trying to figure out what you meant by long weekend Then I looked at the calander and realized Monday is Columbus Day. As a nurse we don't pay attention to holidays except Thanksgiving and Chritmas, even weekends are just another day for us.

I am trying to take friday as a flex day since patient census is low but those darn babies just kept wanting to be birthed this evening so not likely. Sat we are going to the Home and Garden show to see what we can't afford to do to the house and maybe pickup some fall plants. Sunday I have an eye appointment. Since I hit 50 it seems my contact have conspired against me and I just can't see all those tiny, tiny numbers anymore. I think I just need a stronger prescription and I want to get by backup glasses with transition lenses so that means I have to have a new exam. And then back to work on monday.

Originally Posted by tigger813

I too can not live without my chocolate but I am a chocolate snob and have to have the really dark chocolate or imported dark chocolate. No milk or white chocolate for me. SOooooooo I only get my chocolate a couple times a month and I seem to do just fine with that. But if I go more than 3 weeks without my chocolate I turn into a very wicked person.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: