Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #526
MelindaRuns
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 416

Hello everyone! I'm still here but struggling. I'm finding it super hard to get into a mode of tracking and checking in here. It's so weird. I'm vowing right now to check in here again tomorrow morning! My workouts have been going ok (2-3x week with my trainer) and I even did a half marathon I wasn't planning on this past Sunday (I registered two days before). It was super small (only 150 people ran it) and I finished next to last in 3 hours 14 minutes, but I finished! Now if I could just get used to tracking my WW points again I'd be set. We are leaving early Sunday for the Dream and after the cruise will be in Orlando until Oct 7 doing Disney, Universal, and the ToT 10 miler and after party and MNSSHP. I was really hoping to lose a few lbs between the start of this challenge and my trip to deflect what I feel will be unavoidable splurging.

Does anyone have any tips to not gain 10 lbs while at Disney?

Thanks everyone! I'll be back in the morning- I will!

M
__________________
[/url]
MelindaRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #527
indygirl99
DIS Veteran
 
indygirl99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 971

DH had an unusual day off because of an awards banquet last night, he was roased for 40 years of service. So we got up early and drove to the coast to spend the day at the beach.

It was kind of cold, 55 degrees, but I layed out the blanket, put the chairs up and we spent 3 hours listening to the waves and birds before we decided we were frozen. I laid down on the blanket curled up and promptly fell asleep to the sound of the waves.

After we decided we would not get warm if we didn't move we went to Fort Stevens and did some hiking and explored the shipwrecked Peter Iredale (what is left of it that is).

Such a nice change of pace to both have the same weekday off.
__________________
indygirl99 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #528
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...
 
JacksLilWench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,085

Dear Losers,

I am so terribly sorry I have been gone for 24 hours now. I hate feeling like I'm leaving you all out in the cold. It's certainly not at all what I want to have happen or what I want to make any of you feel like. Please accept my apology and please excuse my huge coaching lapse!


We had some terrible, quick moving storms rip through my area and it knocked out the internet. It just came back on about 30 minutes ago. I think the same thing happened to me last time, and I call "shenanigans" on the whole thing!! Again, I am so sorry, please forgive me!

On our last day of our journey, we're heading to my FAVORITE country....

France!

One of the books I want to read is "French Women Don't Get Fat." It sounds like a crazy title, but the premise of the book is pretty simple- French women are able to keep healthy weights and healthy lifestyles, is instead of denying themselves the tasty things they crave, they allow themselves to have a small portion and are satisfied. Even with all the cheese, wine, cream, and chocolate usually found in their foods!!

QOTD 9/20- Is this a strategy you think you could use in your daily life? Do you think you could utilize it without going overboard? Would you be willing to give it a shot?

Bonus QOTD!!!! What is YOUR favorite country in the World Showcase? What do you like about it??

Ladies and gentlemen, it's be so much fun being your coach for the week, and I am so sorry I disappeared today. I hope I can make up for it next time around
__________________
JacksLilWench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #529
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,476

Hi all! Just got back from our Disney Fantasy cruise! Wow!! Too fast, scale shows a gain of 7 pounds in 8 days!! WHOA!!! Plus TOM hit the last day so hopeful half that is water weight, we'll find out this Friday! I am only 40-45 pounds from GOAL!!! So excited!! I was alerted I'm Team Asia...so I am happy to meet all Asians on this challenge!!!

I will get my weight loss back into gear and take off these vacation pounds!! Feel pretty bloated!!
Let's lose!!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:58 AM   #530
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...
 
Jaina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 688

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksLilWench View Post
[B][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]
Bonus QOTD!!!! What is YOUR favorite country in the World Showcase? What do you like about it??
Having only been to WDW once, about 14 years ago (I'm from the "other" coast) I don't know if I have a good answer to this one. We only had about half a day to spend in Epcot, and it was 4th of July weekend. (ie HOT and humid) We basically just ran around and took (very flattering...ha!) pictures in each "country." I really look forward to -really- experiencing it some day!

Had a good couple of days. Mostly stuck to my calories and even got an extra exercise session in last night, mostly inspired by joining this board and not wanting to "fail" in my first week! Tonight I went to the gym and did 45 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes of weights and I'm feeling good! Only problem with working out late (after my kids are in bed) is that I have a hard time getting to bed at a decent hour...
__________________

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip))
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:54 AM   #531
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...
 
donac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Jersey Shore
Posts: 5,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksLilWench View Post
Dear Losers,

I am so terribly sorry I have been gone for 24 hours now. I hate feeling like I'm leaving you all out in the cold. It's certainly not at all what I want to have happen or what I want to make any of you feel like. Please accept my apology and please excuse my huge coaching lapse!


We had some terrible, quick moving storms rip through my area and it knocked out the internet. It just came back on about 30 minutes ago. I think the same thing happened to me last time, and I call "shenanigans" on the whole thing!! Again, I am so sorry, please forgive me!

On our last day of our journey, we're heading to my FAVORITE country....

France!

One of the books I want to read is "French Women Don't Get Fat." It sounds like a crazy title, but the premise of the book is pretty simple- French women are able to keep healthy weights and healthy lifestyles, is instead of denying themselves the tasty things they crave, they allow themselves to have a small portion and are satisfied. Even with all the cheese, wine, cream, and chocolate usually found in their foods!!

QOTD 9/20- Is this a strategy you think you could use in your daily life? Do you think you could utilize it without going overboard? Would you be willing to give it a shot?

Bonus QOTD!!!! What is YOUR favorite country in the World Showcase? What do you like about it??

Ladies and gentlemen, it's be so much fun being your coach for the week, and I am so sorry I disappeared today. I hope I can make up for it next time around
I have tried this approach and it does work but you have to be very good about your portion sizes.

I don't think I can pick just one country. I love the architecture of all of them.

Thank's JacksLilWench for coaching this week. I am glad everything is back working for you.

Off to get breakfast and start another day.

Have a happy and healthy day.
__________________
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #532
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Quick hello!!

Can someone get me up to speed on this group thing? I'm lost!

Hey Christopher!! Congrats on being the BL winner this week!!!
Can you circle the wagon back around for me?!?
I'm a bit lost too. I missed some stuff over the weekend, so probably there was some explanation there. I'll try to go back and take a peek and let you know what I find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acename View Post
Sorry I've been MIA. We're in the middle of building a new house, and the foreman told my husband yesterday that they're about a month ahead of schedule so we may be moving in 30 days instead of about 60. That's fantastic, but that also means I've had to get busy declutttering and finding the new items we need for the house. On top of that we leave for WDW in a little over two weeks so things are a bit crazy around here.

With decluttering, getting ready for a kids consignment sale, finding inexpensive but nice furniture and getting ready for Disney, my food choices are definitely suffering. I keep waiting until I'm so hungry I can't stand it anymore then I just eat whatever is easiest, which normally isn't all that good for me. Thankfully I've still made the time to exercse so I haven't messed up that routine. Today I'm I don't have to go anywhere at all so hopefully my food choices will be a bit better.

For the Qotd for yesterday, I've had an exercise rebirth for sure. Two months ago I never ever worked out. Now I'm running 4 to 5 days a week and doing strength training 3 days a week. I feel great! If I could just get the food in check I'd be golden.

Hope everyone has a great day!

PS Congrats Chris and to all the biggest losers this week. Way to go!
YIKES! That is a lot of craziness! Do you HAVE to move in in 30 days or can you wait the 60 that was originally planned? With a vacation thrown in there, it sounds like it might be better to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelindaRuns View Post
Hello everyone! I'm still here but struggling. I'm finding it super hard to get into a mode of tracking and checking in here. It's so weird. I'm vowing right now to check in here again tomorrow morning! My workouts have been going ok (2-3x week with my trainer) and I even did a half marathon I wasn't planning on this past Sunday (I registered two days before). It was super small (only 150 people ran it) and I finished next to last in 3 hours 14 minutes, but I finished! Now if I could just get used to tracking my WW points again I'd be set. We are leaving early Sunday for the Dream and after the cruise will be in Orlando until Oct 7 doing Disney, Universal, and the ToT 10 miler and after party and MNSSHP. I was really hoping to lose a few lbs between the start of this challenge and my trip to deflect what I feel will be unavoidable splurging.

Does anyone have any tips to not gain 10 lbs while at Disney?

Thanks everyone! I'll be back in the morning- I will!

M
Great job on the last minute half!

THat is a big vacation coming up! I wish I had some great tips for you, but no matter how hard I try and how many miles I walk at Disney, I always gain. My biggest suggestions would be to share meals and to limit your "must-have" treats to just one a day. No sense in total denial while on a special trip, but one splurge a day would be fine. And it isn't an issue for me, but I know it is for many on vacation.... watch the "liquid calories"! Those fancy-shmancy drinks are really calorie dense!

Have a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
DH had an unusual day off because of an awards banquet last night, he was roased for 40 years of service. So we got up early and drove to the coast to spend the day at the beach.

It was kind of cold, 55 degrees, but I layed out the blanket, put the chairs up and we spent 3 hours listening to the waves and birds before we decided we were frozen. I laid down on the blanket curled up and promptly fell asleep to the sound of the waves.

After we decided we would not get warm if we didn't move we went to Fort Stevens and did some hiking and explored the shipwrecked Peter Iredale (what is left of it that is).

Such a nice change of pace to both have the same weekday off.
Sounds like a nice relaxing day! And congrats to DH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksLilWench View Post
Dear Losers,

I am so terribly sorry I have been gone for 24 hours now. I hate feeling like I'm leaving you all out in the cold. It's certainly not at all what I want to have happen or what I want to make any of you feel like. Please accept my apology and please excuse my huge coaching lapse!


We had some terrible, quick moving storms rip through my area and it knocked out the internet. It just came back on about 30 minutes ago. I think the same thing happened to me last time, and I call "shenanigans" on the whole thing!! Again, I am so sorry, please forgive me!

Already done! Just glad you are okay!

On our last day of our journey, we're heading to my FAVORITE country....
France!

One of the books I want to read is "French Women Don't Get Fat." It sounds like a crazy title, but the premise of the book is pretty simple- French women are able to keep healthy weights and healthy lifestyles, is instead of denying themselves the tasty things they crave, they allow themselves to have a small portion and are satisfied. Even with all the cheese, wine, cream, and chocolate usually found in their foods!!

QOTD 9/20- Is this a strategy you think you could use in your daily life? Do you think you could utilize it without going overboard? Would you be willing to give it a shot?


I do try to not deny myself TOO much. But I have trouble eating "real" foods like butter, cheese, etc. The guilt is usually just too much to deal with! And for the most part, I have discovered I am perfectly happy with the lower fat/lower calorie substitute.

When I DO indulge, I try really hard to do it in moderation.... weigh and/or measure portions, count them and journal them, etc. Of course, the occasional splurge comes up (birthdays, vacations, etc) and I just wing it and hope for the best!


Bonus QOTD!!!! What is YOUR favorite country in the World Showcase? What do you like about it??
I'm not sure. I love the show in the American Adventure building. It makes me feel very proud and patriotic. But as a wanna-be world traveler, I love that feeling of seeing new places that I get from visiting the other countries. Someday I will have the time to really explore that area better.


*********************

Happy Thursday friends!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to pop on again yesterday. The sun came out and I got busy outside and didn't have a chance to get back on the computer.

Eating was going well yesterday until I popped a few breakfast cookies in my mouth late last night. I know it was a stress response, but still not a good idea. I realized when I journaled them that I had eaten MORE THAN HALF of my day's calories after 6pm yesterday! Not good!!

Anyhow.... need some words of wisdom about a situation. I'll try to be brief. This past spring our YMCA fired our swim coach. It was very unexpected and DD was very upset. But our part-time/semi-volunteer dad/coach offered to become the full-time coach for the summer, which worked out pretty well until the end of the summer. We did have a few families leave at that point, but not many.

Some "things" happened while he was at Y Nationals with our small group and it made some people (3 of the 4 swimmers that were at Y Nats) decide to leave the team, and of course, inevitably some other folks left with them. THis really disheartened my DD, as these were mostly her closest swim friends. But she decided, despite all of this, that her heart belongs to this team where she has been for over 8 years, and that she would stay and make the best of her remaining year with the team. Meanwhile this now-full-time/semi-volunteer dad/coach had decided to step back down to just a part-time position and the Y would hire a new head coach (plus 2-3 part time coaches, as we lost several for a few reasons over the summer [back to college, back to their own country, etc]). A full-time coach was allegedly ready to sign on as of our parent's meeting a few weeks ago.

Well, last night DD called me sobbing from the locker room. The part-time/semi-volunteer dad/coach who she really liked, is now leaving the team. It seems to be partly a personal decision and partly a Y decision. Not really clear on that. And the "nearly hired" fulll-time coach is not taking the position. And the two part-time young ladies that were hired to coach have ZERO coaching experience and only one has any real swim experience!

DD came home last night with the word that 3 of the other 4 kids in her age group are now making the decision to leave the team. That includes one of her swim "best friends". It leaves DD and one other senior girl. There are a few other kids in the high school age range, but it is apparent that several of them are also seeking new teams or at least talking about it.

I'm really leaving the decision to stay or go to another team with DD, but I'm not sure how to advise her. IT really feels like she will be ALONE if she stays with her team. But what is more important, the team or the friends? She understands she will still have these friends, but she won't see them, won't swim with them, etc. Plus she is going into her SENIOR YEAR of swim (this is club swim, not her high school team) basically without any peers on the team and without a coach.

Anyhow..... it is just making me sick. There is a parents meeting scheduled at the Y for Monday night and I'm not sure how that will go. I foresee a lot of yelling at the Y from parents for a lot of bad decisions that were made on behalf of the team. Or maybe it has gotten so bad that parents just won't attend.... they will just pull their kids from the team for lack of coaching staff and be done.

Her Senior Year wasn't supposed to go like this! It was supposed to be fun and exciting and the best year of her life. So far it has just been full of aggravation and disappointment and tears.

Anyhoooo.......

With yesterday's sunshine I managed to get a final coat of paint on the basement bulkhead! Yeah.... one more job I can cross off the list!

I also removed the window from the back mudroom door. I decided it would be easier to paint the window frame that way, plus the frame was cracked and needed some glue. So I MUST get a coat or two of paint on that today so that I can get it back in place! Just waiting a bit for the sun to warm things up this morning!

Tonight is open house at the High school. I'm going to hopscotch around a bit so I can hit the more important classes for both kids. Not sure if DH will attend. He normally would, but has come down with a bad cold.

Loved last night's SURVIVOR! I love that show and am always excited about its return! And Amazing Race starts in a little more than a week! I'm not a big television addict, but I do love those shows!

Breakfast is needed! TTYL.............P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #533
mskayjay
They were sooooo good I had um.....a few.....okay fine.....several!
I have the coolest memories of going on that ride over and over with my cousin
 
mskayjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: northern NY
Posts: 2,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksLilWench View Post
Dear Losers,

I am so terribly sorry I have been gone for 24 hours now. I hate feeling like I'm leaving you all out in the cold. It's certainly not at all what I want to have happen or what I want to make any of you feel like. Please accept my apology and please excuse my huge coaching lapse!


We had some terrible, quick moving storms rip through my area and it knocked out the internet. It just came back on about 30 minutes ago. I think the same thing happened to me last time, and I call "shenanigans" on the whole thing!! Again, I am so sorry, please forgive me!

On our last day of our journey, we're heading to my FAVORITE country....

France!

One of the books I want to read is "French Women Don't Get Fat." It sounds like a crazy title, but the premise of the book is pretty simple- French women are able to keep healthy weights and healthy lifestyles, is instead of denying themselves the tasty things they crave, they allow themselves to have a small portion and are satisfied. Even with all the cheese, wine, cream, and chocolate usually found in their foods!!

QOTD 9/20- Is this a strategy you think you could use in your daily life? Do you think you could utilize it without going overboard? Would you be willing to give it a shot?

Bonus QOTD!!!! What is YOUR favorite country in the World Showcase? What do you like about it??

Ladies and gentlemen, it's be so much fun being your coach for the week, and I am so sorry I disappeared today. I hope I can make up for it next time around
You abandoned us due to storms that were beyond your control????? how dare you! lol No worries!

When I lost big years ago I pretty much did what they do in France....would order dessert,eat one bite and either pour water over it to make it in inedible or ask to have it taken away or have someone else at the table eat it. My downfall is breads and cheeses....omg....but I managed. Now, I prefer to just be totally structured.

I did good most of yesterday. Healthy eating, 2.5 miles of jogging, and then had a bit of a conflict with my DD and stress ate a few handfuls of pretzel sticks. Not the end of the world but the scale didn't move today so not great either.
__________________
karen



Golf Resort (SOG now!)1974*Polynesian Resort 1976* Off site 1990*Tree House Villas 1992*Caribbean Beach Resort 1998*Off site 2004*Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006*Wilderness Lodge 2008*Wilderness Lodge 2009*Wilderness Lodge 2010*Animal Kingdom Villas 2011* Wilerness Lodge Villas 2011*
mskayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #534
acename
DIS Veteran
 
acename's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Western KY
Posts: 593

Jackslilwench, glad you're safe! That's the most important thing.

QOTD I have to let myself indulge a bit. It's important to watch my portion, and I'm still learning, but in the past I've been very all or nothing and I know that doesn't work for me.

Bonus question: I don't think I can choose my favorite country in Epcot. I love all of them for different reasons. I love the atmosphere in the building in Mexico, plus my daughter loves the three cabelleros (spelling?). Germany is beautiful, and the candy shop is amazing. The Japanese store is FANTASTIC (shopaholic here). There's so much I love so I can't pick.

pjilla, we probably could postpone our move, but we're living with my parents. While they've been so wonderful to let us stay here while our house is being built, we've been here since May and I think everyone is ready for their own space. This house is not made for 6 people! We can take our time moving, and everything doesn't have to be moved at once, which really helps, but I think we'll try to move as quickly as possible. It'll be better for everyone's sanity
acename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #535
sue and co
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 275

QOTD - sadly that doesn't work for me, I would rather have the unhealthy foods less often but a decent amount when I do than have them everyday but a micro portion. Just me I guess.

I don;t yet have a favourite country as all my trips to Epcot have been with my kids who have never really wanted to do world showcase and have dragged us through it at high speed. Next year I hope to go just DH and I and plan to spend most of the day just on world showcase (I'll probably let him do Test Track whilst we are waiting for it to open though).

Sue
sue and co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #536
jbm02
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 984

I feel like shouting "I am here, I am here, I am here!" from Horton Hears A Who. I've been here this week...stalking, er lurking..thru all the posts but because I typically only get a chance to read in as catch-as-catch-can on my iPhone, I can't really respond (that one thumb typing thing is just not working for me...). So, I know I'm not going to pick up on everything but here goes...

Thanks for the awesome coaching!! I loved the idea of visiting Epcot. We haven't been to WDW in over 1.5 years and this brought back alot of grat memores (more below...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kollerbear View Post

MAINTAINERS (i.e. participants staying within 2 lbs of their goal weight):



This week’s group loss = 67.4 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost 0.59%



Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 1?


#10 - 1.62% - ougrad86 (Carol)
#9 - 1.67% - bigsis1970 (Michelle)
#8 - 1.71% - STLnative
#7 - 1.83% - BethisLucy (Beth)
#6 - 1.95% - glss1/2fll (Linda)
#5 - 2.00% - dvccruiser76 (Sue)
#4 - 2.37% - cookzilla
#3 - 2.40% - jbm02 (Jude)
#2 - 2.41% - slriver (Tracy)


and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Fall Challenge! Week 1 Biggest Loser is:
#1 - 2.42% - D73 (Christopher)

Congratulations!!!

[/I]
wow, wow, wow. Yay, all of us who are listed and those of us who are amazing but just missed the list!! And Christopher, wooohoooo!!!! WTG!! Frankly, I don't expect to make the list again. I usually do well the first week and then I'll slow down to a more ... steady..number. Hoping for 1 pound a week.

I didn't have a great time tracking this week and I'm not sure why. The week was less crazy than last week but somehow just got away from me. I really need to work on making it a habit.

Great 3 mile run this morning but, my goodness! Sun was STILL not up when we finished at 0530. I miss June, when it is light out so early in the morning. I'm getting used to running under the stars right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Thanks! Will they let me know which team I'm on, or are we all a team right now? Weigh-ins are Fridays?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Quick hello!!

Can someone get me up to speed on this group thing? I'm lost!
I am lost on the group thing too. The last time I was here there were teams. I understand this is something different. Can someone explain it for us? (I went back thru the posts but couldn't find the explanation...)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelindaRuns View Post
Hello everyone! I'm still here but struggling. I'm finding it super hard to get into a mode of tracking and checking in here. It's so weird. I'm vowing right now to check in here again tomorrow morning! My workouts have been going ok (2-3x week with my trainer) and I even did a half marathon I wasn't planning on this past Sunday (I registered two days before). It was super small (only 150 people ran it) and I finished next to last in 3 hours 14 minutes, but I finished! Now if I could just get used to tracking my WW points again I'd be set. We are leaving early Sunday for the Dream and after the cruise will be in Orlando until Oct 7 doing Disney, Universal, and the ToT 10 miler and after party and MNSSHP. I was really hoping to lose a few lbs between the start of this challenge and my trip to deflect what I feel will be unavoidable splurging.

Does anyone have any tips to not gain 10 lbs while at Disney?

Thanks everyone! I'll be back in the morning- I will!

M
Melinda, we need to team up!! I think we may be twins because I feel exactly the same way. I'm checking in but because I can't really post, I'm not feeling as "connected" yet....I need to hunker down and get moving.
And, wow, a spur of the moment half??? Who cares about the time - you did it!!!

Some evil person at work put out a 10 POUND bag of M&Ms. Grrrr....

Okay, my "save" for the Epcot question disappeared. So here is mine: the US, and Germany & Italy. I love the American Experience, and especially the a capella group they usually have singing. It always gives me such a sense of our history when there. And my ancestry is Austrian and Italian so I naturally gravitate toward those countries. I participated in a school exchange to Geisling, Germany, attended college in Switzerland , and lots of family trips to Vienna, Austria and various parts of Italy....We haven't been able to go to Europe as a family yet but I can't wait to bring my kids there!!

Have a great day everyone!!
__________________
[/COLOR]

1976 CR, 1980 Poly, 1991 Yacht Club (honeymoon), 1997 POFQ, 2001 AsSp, 2001 CS (10th Anniversary), 2002 CR, 2003 SOG, 2004 SOG, 2006 SOG/Double Dip on the Magic to the western Caribbean, 2009 CBR/Double Dip on the Magic, 2011 POP for the PRINCESS HALF MARATHON
jbm02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #537
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskayjay View Post
You abandoned us due to storms that were beyond your control????? how dare you! lol No worries!

When I lost big years ago I pretty much did what they do in France....would order dessert,eat one bite and either pour water over it to make it in inedible or ask to have it taken away or have someone else at the table eat it. My downfall is breads and cheeses....omg....but I managed. Now, I prefer to just be totally structured.

I did good most of yesterday. Healthy eating, 2.5 miles of jogging, and then had a bit of a conflict with my DD and stress ate a few handfuls of pretzel sticks. Not the end of the world but the scale didn't move today so not great either.
What is it about stuff with the kids that send us to the pantry??! I can handle most other conflicts in my life appropriately, but situations with the kids... not so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acename View Post
Jackslilwench, glad you're safe! That's the most important thing.

QOTD I have to let myself indulge a bit. It's important to watch my portion, and I'm still learning, but in the past I've been very all or nothing and I know that doesn't work for me.

Bonus question: I don't think I can choose my favorite country in Epcot. I love all of them for different reasons. I love the atmosphere in the building in Mexico, plus my daughter loves the three cabelleros (spelling?). Germany is beautiful, and the candy shop is amazing. The Japanese store is FANTASTIC (shopaholic here). There's so much I love so I can't pick.

pjilla, we probably could postpone our move, but we're living with my parents. While they've been so wonderful to let us stay here while our house is being built, we've been here since May and I think everyone is ready for their own space. This house is not made for 6 people! We can take our time moving, and everything doesn't have to be moved at once, which really helps, but I think we'll try to move as quickly as possible. It'll be better for everyone's sanity
Sounds like it has been cozy! At least you don't have to do one of those "everything in a weekend" type of moves! You can move the necessities right away and then take a bit of time to move the rest I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue and co View Post
QOTD - sadly that doesn't work for me, I would rather have the unhealthy foods less often but a decent amount when I do than have them everyday but a micro portion. Just me I guess.

I don;t yet have a favourite country as all my trips to Epcot have been with my kids who have never really wanted to do world showcase and have dragged us through it at high speed. Next year I hope to go just DH and I and plan to spend most of the day just on world showcase (I'll probably let him do Test Track whilst we are waiting for it to open though).

Sue
It will get better with the kids at WS. My kids were just like yours for a while, but on the last trip (with just DD) we actually took a bit of time to explore and did a little mini "eat around the world" afternoon! Nothing crazy, mostly snacks, but it was so much fun! And we aren't really a drinking family, but DD looks forward to being old enough to do a "drink around the world" afternoon with me! DS is at least mostly tolerant of WS with me now!

*****************

Nearly lunch time! My belly is growling! I got a coat of paint on the back door and two coats of spray paint on one piece of the window frame. Still waiting for the glue to dry on the repairs to the other piece. Also used the remaining paint in my pan to go around the house and touch up some trim spots..... but of course, found many, many more spots that will need a little scrape and sanding before a paint touch-up is done. It never ends!

What's up for dinner tonight for everyone else? We are having a pork tenderloin, roasted butternut squash (mostly for me ), brown rice, and broccoli... maybe cooked carrots too??

I have to do some baking today. DD has a bake sale for high school swim at the open house tonight that kind of got forgotten until the last minute. I promised I would dash together some goodies today. Thankfully it is the day before weigh-in, so that will keep me from licking the spoon a few too many times! Nothing exciting.... probably just boxed brownies with a few extras (sprinkles and chocolate chips), RK treats (YUM!), and perhaps cupcakes?? Gotta see what we have on hand for supplies.

Off to make a batch of something before lunch!.....................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #538
MelindaRuns
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 416

Hello everyone! Better day today. Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement. This is a tough battle for me this go around just getting into a routine.

I worked out with my trainer today. Part of that was 2.3 mies on the treadmill (I wanted to quit at 1.4 lol). I am so glad I did it.

Today I am just glad to post here two days in a row. It's uplifting reading everyones posts. I am happy to have this group. Shout out to my other Discovery Island teammates!

Take care everyone and I'll be back later tonight!!
__________________
[/url]

Last edited by MelindaRuns; 09-20-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Typo
MelindaRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #539
mskayjay
They were sooooo good I had um.....a few.....okay fine.....several!
I have the coolest memories of going on that ride over and over with my cousin
 
mskayjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: northern NY
Posts: 2,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
What is it about stuff with the kids that send us to the pantry??! I can handle most other conflicts in my life appropriately, but situations with the kids... not so much!
In this case the "kid" is almost 25. Love her so much and this is not how I want things.......
__________________
karen



Golf Resort (SOG now!)1974*Polynesian Resort 1976* Off site 1990*Tree House Villas 1992*Caribbean Beach Resort 1998*Off site 2004*Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006*Wilderness Lodge 2008*Wilderness Lodge 2009*Wilderness Lodge 2010*Animal Kingdom Villas 2011* Wilerness Lodge Villas 2011*
mskayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #540
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran
 
shinysparklybubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey and proud of it!
Posts: 3,417

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm02

Some evil person at work put out a 10 POUND bag of M&Ms. Grrrr....


Have a great day everyone!!
Remember my community bowl rule! Not everyone washes their hands after the potty! Stay out of the toilet bowl of candy!
__________________
Removing my expired ticker stinks!

Last edited by shinysparklybubbles; 09-20-2012 at 04:17 PM.
shinysparklybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: