facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #136
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayTom View Post
Everybody excited for the starting weigh in tomorrow?

Over the weekend i put on 4lb and have now lost 2lb of it....eek. Come on other 2! I'm so glad for this thread and i'm really looking forward to shifting this weight once and for all.

I probably won't be online much next week as i'm going to Ireland to visit my family and they don't have much connection over there, but i will be DISing in spirit xx
Have a wonderful time on your vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronalee View Post
Hi,

I am new to the DIS and I think this is a great challenge and I would love to join...

My name is Rhonda and I am 37 years old and live in Nova Scotia... I have been doing WW for 18 months and have lost 41 pounds... I have 9 pounds left to lose and I have been gaining the same two pounds for the last three months... So I really hope this will be the motivation I need...

I have been a runner for two years, which is funny because all of my life I could never run... But then a runner friend of mine tricked me and told me about all the great places that you can run a marathon including Disney... I googled the medals and now it is my goal to run the Disney marathon (hoping in 2014).

Looking forward to getting to know everyone over the challenge...
to the Disboards, Rhonda, and to the BL Fall Challenge! Great job on your success so far.
lisah0711 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #137
penguin1102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
QOTD Friday, September 7, 2012: So do you have a plan for how you are going to make your goals for the challenge? Share your plan and your goals big and small for this challenge.

Let's get this party started!
My goal this challenge is to lose 10 lbs. I am going to count what I eat and pack my lunch for work 3 out of 5 days a week. I am also going to increase my water intake. I am looking forward to a really successful challenge!!
penguin1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #138
kollerbear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronalee View Post
I have been a runner for two years, which is funny because all of my life I could never run... But then a runner friend of mine tricked me and told me about all the great places that you can run a marathon including Disney... I googled the medals and now it is my goal to run the Disney marathon (hoping in 2014).

Looking forward to getting to know everyone over the challenge...
Welcome Rhonda! I had to laugh because this happened to me 2 years ago--my runner friend, however, also unfortunately encouraged me to sign up for a 2nd 1/2 marathon the weekend after my 1st. (Because, you know, I was training for a full, so you know, just a normal long run.) That was TOO MUCH!!! I haven't run consistently since. Starting C25K with the challenge though, just to get active again. I'd love to run the WDW marathon one day... maybe i'll join you in 2014? (ANYTHING seems possible at the beginning of a challenge )

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA-a-a . . . it's the heart of America, the heartbeat of a holiday-ay-ay-ay! The place was made with a magical plan . . .

QOTD Friday, September 7, 2012: So do you have a plan for how you are going to make your goals for the challenge? Share your plan and your goals big and small for this challenge.
My big goal for the challenge: To lose 13 pounds (a little over 1 lb./week) from whatever my weigh-in is tomorrow. I have a hunch it will be kind of high. I want to be under 150 by the New Year!

My exercise plan: Start Couch to 5K with the challenge, just to get off the couch! Stick with it at least through the program.

My food plan: Track all my calories in My Fitness Pal, plan everything I'm going to eat out the day before, make sure I've got a dinner/leftover lunch meal plan each week by Sunday the week prior so I can go to the Farmer's market and make sure everything is as fresh as I can. Get all those recipes entered in MFP ahead of time so I can track very easily each night.

Me (27)--> <--DF (26), Ella, Panther, Sasha, Abigail
kollerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #139
belledreamer
Hello Sweetie... <3
Nothing like reaching a goal to keep you motivated!

Quote:
I don't really have a plan per say, but I do have things I am planning on working on for this challenge.

1. Not to keep skipping breakfast...
2. To go to the gym at least 3 times a week (plus one day of Zumba.)
3. To drink as much (if not all) of my 64oz of water daily.

As for goals, I'd be totally happy to lose 10lbs during this challenge. And if I can lose more, that would be even better!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well...guess what folks?

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD NEXT MONTH!!!

Bring on the Disney magic!!!
belledreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #140
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...

Quote:

I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA-a-a . . . it's the heart of America, the heartbeat of a holiday-ay-ay-ay! The place was made with a magical plan . . .

Let's get this party started!
Oh Main Street, I'll be walking on you in 20 DAYS!!!!!

My goals for this challenge are as follows:

1) Keep up my running after I get home from my trip. I don't want to give it up just because I don't have a Disney race to train for...although it does give me a *really* good excuse to run
2) Lose 1lb a week. It may not seem like a lot, but it does add up to quite a bit!
3) Track my food intake better- currently, I probably only track about 4/7 days I use it as an excuse to go off-plan, and when I do that, I have gaining weeks. No more!
4) Have a fantastic time not worrying and stressing about my food intake on my trip to the World in just 20 DAYS!!! (Sorry, I had to say it again, I'm just so excited!) I'll be there for the opening weekend of F&WF, and I've always wanted to go. I want to go and not feel guilty and go into a shame spiral because of what/how much I eat.

I think those are doable goals. I don't want to make them too lofty, otherwise I'll set myself up to fail, simply because they can be daunting!

Can't wait to hear everyone else's goals too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belledreamer View Post
I don't really have a plan per say, but I do have things I am planning on working on for this challenge.

As for goals, I'd be totally happy to lose 10lbs during this challenge. And if I can lose more, that would be even better!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well...guess what folks?

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD NEXT MONTH!!!

Bring on the Disney magic!!!
Those are awesome goals!! And so is that graphic!!! You must be so stoked about your trip! Are you going to MNNSHP?

So for my trip, I'm going with two friends (that have yet to meet each other!) and haven't been in years. I've been named the tour guide, and I want to make sure I don't overwhelm them. Any suggestions on keeping it low-key? I've never been much of a commando-style guest, but I may have a skewed opinion of myself All our ADR's are made, and I don't really have hardcore plans. As far as rides, we'll get on whatever we can when the lines are short. I have "two" days at DHS- one of which is the half-day we arrive and the other is the night of the race when the park is open til 4AM!!!! That doesn't sound too bad to me, but I just wanted to see if this was reasonable to anyone else. Thanks guys!!
Old 09-07-2012, 01:13 AM   #141
D73
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am going to back to my plan that has worked in the past of tracking my food on myfitnesspal and getting to the gym 3 times minimum each week. My added component is resolve to not give up this time. I will also make sure my fridge and cupboards are stocked with the good things so I stay on plan when eating and so not have the opportunity to stray. I will also pack my gym bag before going to bed each night so that I can grab it on my way out the door and then stop at the gym on the way home from work. I know that if I have to go home first, I will not go back out to the gym.

Goals:
  1. Still be here at the end of the challenge - I have not completed the last 2 that I joined
  2. Complete the Couch to 10K program
  3. See my name on the Top 10 during this challenge

같같같같같같같같같같같
Well the day has started here in Switzerland as many of you are continuing to dream about that first step on the scale. Don't worry....I did it and so can you. We all have a starting number and it will be exciting to think that it will be a lower number this time next week if we all apply ourselves! Good luck!

I have exactly 6 weeks before my arrival at WDW. I would love to have to carry an empty suitcase with me to the USA because my clothes are all too big and then fill it up with clothes that fit to bring back with me......so I guess this is a mini-goal that is floating in the back of head also.

Have a great day! I look forward to finding out who is in my Mini-group!

Christopher
Old 09-07-2012, 03:10 AM   #142
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Morning everyone
Well I braved the scales and now can breathe again
Good luck to everyone this morning
QOTD I think I said already but I've joined WW this time so I plan to track all I eat and drink this challenge and to stick within my points allowance. I only started on Monday but so far so good

My goal is to lose 10lbs by the end of the challenge and to follow Jeff Galloway's Training plan for very unfit people who want to run/walk a half marathon before "they pop their clogs" or in my case turn 50

Have to run(pun intended) but just wanted to say good luck everyone
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:54 AM   #143
slriver
Mouseketeer

Hi,
My goals for the challenge are
1. walk everyday
2. keep up with the challenge (I was a drop out before!)
3. eat a healthy breakfast

So far so good! We are getting a family YMCA membership so I hope that will help with the walking. They have an indoor track

Small steps for me, Tracy
slriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #144
Disney Hokie Gal
Earning My Ears

My goals are as follows:

1. Lose 15 pounds
2. Jump start my training program again for the Wine & Dine 1/2.
3. Start running 3-4 times a week, and incorporate biking, swimming and weight training into my training program.
4. Start logging in my food.

Tricia
Disney Hokie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:14 AM   #145
acename
DIS Veteran

My goals for this challenge are to lose 10-12 pounds (although I think inches are more important to me, I'm just lazy and don't want to take the time to measure) and not gain while I'm on vacation in October.

To meet those goals I plan to

1. Continue running 3-4 days a week (and hopefully run a 5k)
2. Continue strength training 3-4 days a week.
3. Drink water
4. be more mindful of what I'm eating and when I'm eating. Eat when I'm hungry not when I just don't have anything else to do. Incorporate more vegatables (something I really struggle with which is silly because I really like them!)
acename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #146
Melissahac99
Earning My Ears

My goals for the challenge are:
Complete my C25K training and run my first 5K on Oct 28
Lose 10 lbs averaging a lb a week
Track my eating in my fitness pal
Drink 8 glasses of water a day
Melissahac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #147
lisah0711
her Disney office

Good morning all! Welcome to the first official day of the Fall Challenge!

Please be sure and PM Octoberbride03 (Maureen), if you haven't already, to join the challenge and PM your starting weight to kollerbear (Samantha).

And be on the lookout for the mini-group assignments and maybe a mini-challenge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1102 View Post
My goal this challenge is to lose 10 lbs. I am going to count what I eat and pack my lunch for work 3 out of 5 days a week. I am also going to increase my water intake. I am looking forward to a really successful challenge!!
These are great goals -- you have the big picture and a couple of ways to get there. Not too overwhelming and very doable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kollerbear View Post
My big goal for the challenge: To lose 13 pounds (a little over 1 lb./week) from whatever my weigh-in is tomorrow. I have a hunch it will be kind of high. I want to be under 150 by the New Year!

My exercise plan: Start Couch to 5K with the challenge, just to get off the couch! Stick with it at least through the program.

My food plan: Track all my calories in My Fitness Pal, plan everything I'm going to eat out the day before, make sure I've got a dinner/leftover lunch meal plan each week by Sunday the week prior so I can go to the Farmer's market and make sure everything is as fresh as I can. Get all those recipes entered in MFP ahead of time so I can track very easily each night.
Another great plan! That extra planning for meals for the week will really pay off I'm sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belledreamer View Post

Looks like a great plan to me! And how exciting to be so close to your own Disney trip! Pretty soon we will be doing the single digit dance with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksLilWench View Post
Oh Main Street, I'll be walking on you in 20 DAYS!!!!!
My goals for this challenge are as follows:

1) Keep up my running after I get home from my trip. I don't want to give it up just because I don't have a Disney race to train for...although it does give me a *really* good excuse to run
2) Lose 1lb a week. It may not seem like a lot, but it does add up to quite a bit!
3) Track my food intake better- currently, I probably only track about 4/7 days I use it as an excuse to go off-plan, and when I do that, I have gaining weeks. No more!
4) Have a fantastic time not worrying and stressing about my food intake on my trip to the World in just 20 DAYS!!! (Sorry, I had to say it again, I'm just so excited!) I'll be there for the opening weekend of F&WF, and I've always wanted to go. I want to go and not feel guilty and go into a shame spiral because of what/how much I eat.

I think those are doable goals. I don't want to make them too lofty, otherwise I'll set myself up to fail, simply because they can be daunting!
I think that you have a great plan for the challenge and for your WDW trip!

My suggestion is to sign up for another race before you do the ToT. It might not be a Disney race and just another race to keep you moving. That is my strategy and it keeps me from parking myself on the couch when one race is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D73 View Post
I am going to back to my plan that has worked in the past of tracking my food on myfitnesspal and getting to the gym 3 times minimum each week. My added component is resolve to not give up this time. I will also make sure my fridge and cupboards are stocked with the good things so I stay on plan when eating and so not have the opportunity to stray. I will also pack my gym bag before going to bed each night so that I can grab it on my way out the door and then stop at the gym on the way home from work. I know that if I have to go home first, I will not go back out to the gym.

Goals:
  1. Still be here at the end of the challenge - I have not completed the last 2 that I joined
  2. Complete the Couch to 10K program
  3. See my name on the Top 10 during this challenge

같같같같같같같같같같같
Well the day has started here in Switzerland as many of you are continuing to dream about that first step on the scale. Don't worry....I did it and so can you. We all have a starting number and it will be exciting to think that it will be a lower number this time next week if we all apply ourselves! Good luck!

I have exactly 6 weeks before my arrival at WDW. I would love to have to carry an empty suitcase with me to the USA because my clothes are all too big and then fill it up with clothes that fit to bring back with me......so I guess this is a mini-goal that is floating in the back of head also.

Have a great day! I look forward to finding out who is in my Mini-group!

Christopher
Great plan, Christopher! That making sure you get to the gym on a work day is a toughie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Morning everyone
Well I braved the scales and now can breathe again
Good luck to everyone this morning
QOTD I think I said already but I've joined WW this time so I plan to track all I eat and drink this challenge and to stick within my points allowance. I only started on Monday but so far so good

My goal is to lose 10lbs by the end of the challenge and to follow Jeff Galloway's Training plan for very unfit people who want to run/walk a half marathon before "they pop their clogs" or in my case turn 50

Have to run(pun intended) but just wanted to say good luck everyone
Great goals and plans! You can do that half marathon before your 50th birthday! :cheer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slriver View Post
Hi,
My goals for the challenge are
1. walk everyday
2. keep up with the challenge (I was a drop out before!)
3. eat a healthy breakfast

So far so good! We are getting a family YMCA membership so I hope that will help with the walking. They have an indoor track

Small steps for me, Tracy
Another great plan! I really like how everyone is setting realistic goals and not tryng to make too many changes at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Hokie Gal View Post
My goals are as follows:

1. Lose 15 pounds
2. Jump start my training program again for the Wine & Dine 1/2.
3. Start running 3-4 times a week, and incorporate biking, swimming and weight training into my training program.
4. Start logging in my food.

Tricia
Another great plan! I hope to get to meet you in person at the WISH meet for the Wine & Dine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acename View Post
My goals for this challenge are to lose 10-12 pounds (although I think inches are more important to me, I'm just lazy and don't want to take the time to measure) and not gain while I'm on vacation in October.

To meet those goals I plan to

1. Continue running 3-4 days a week (and hopefully run a 5k)
2. Continue strength training 3-4 days a week.
3. Drink water
4. be more mindful of what I'm eating and when I'm eating. Eat when I'm hungry not when I just don't have anything else to do. Incorporate more vegatables (something I really struggle with which is silly because I really like them!)
Another great plan! I like how you are adding back in something that you really like that is healthy for you!

Quote:
My goal is to lose 15 pounds -- that will put me at the top range of weight for my height -- that is one of the nice things about turning 50, the chart changes a bit.

I will track my calories on MFP and will continue with my training plan for the Wine & Dine Half and the WDW Donald Half. I will also add one day of walking and one day of swimming to round out my cross training.

Those of you who did the Summer Challenge may be wondering if we are going on the same trip to Disney that we did in June. The answer is no. Like any good return trip to Disney we will visit old favorites and try a new place of two.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #148
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissahac99 View Post
My goals for the challenge are:
Complete my C25K training and run my first 5K on Oct 28
Lose 10 lbs averaging a lb a week
Track my eating in my fitness pal
Drink 8 glasses of water a day
I really love how everyone is doing a great job of having reasonable and achieveable goals! It will be exciting to do your first 5K, Melissa.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #149
MelindaRuns
Mouseketeer

My goals for this challenge include:

-losing 20 pounds (that will take CONSISTENT effort from me)
-workouts: twice weekly weights and three cardio workouts per week
-staying active on this board
- make more home cooked real food meals
-stock my fridge and pantry with healthy options
Old 09-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #150
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D73 View Post
Hi all,

I humbly enter this challenge after failing to complete the last 2. There are such great people here and I know that I find much more success when I am feeding off their inspirations than off what I find in the fridge.

I have a busy fall ahead of me but I know that if I don't get on board with this challenge I will find myself continuing to creep up rather than losing or even maintaining. So here I am......glad I peeked at the W.I.S.H. board today and joined the challenge from the start.

Good luck to all!

Christopher
Hold your head Up High...Christopher!
I'm back too and failed the last 3 I started But Not This Time
We already had some success we're back!

Sorry guys I'm a day behind
So here is my Mini Intro
My name is Joy I'm a Nurse of 30+ years Mom of 3 adult daughters and 3 kitty cats I love all things Disney, enjoy knitting and sewing,
My weight wasn't too much of a problem when I was young
I'm short and always was about 10lb ish more than my girl friends
but still after my second daughter I was still size 7/8 petite
and very active camping and hiking with one baby on my back and running after the other
but after baby #3 I had some health issues that I'm still dealing with
(they haven't killed me yet) and the weight piled on.
Since then I've had many successful starts that are short lived only to end up either back at square one or worse
So Now I've had it! I have a Big Birthday Coming up in April
and the best birthday present that I can give myself is to get in shape and stay there.

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
tea pot is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: