DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #16
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
We think the beds at Kidani are better than most, and there is definitely breakfast served at Sanaa.
Breakfast is not served at Sanaa. At one point they did a trial run of a Sanaa breakfast but it didn't last long.

Personally we don't miss a breakfast option at Kidani as we almost always have breakfast in our villa. If we really wanted to eat out we would head over to Jambo by catching any park bus.
MouseMomx2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
Lucia_27
Mouseketeer

We loved AKL!

We stayed at Kidani for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it! We actually just booked a return trip in Feb. for my DD's 8th birthday.

We saw tons of animals on Friday and Saturday, but none before check out on Sunday. Just the luck of the draw - they were out there, just not by our room!

Didn't notice any issues with the TV... and we get a villa just so we can eat breakfast in our room, so...

I can see how the long hallway would be tiresome, but since we were near the lobby, the only issue we had was parents who let their kids yell and scream as they ran down the hallway at 11pm.

My one and only complaint was the housekeeping staff - they knocked on our door on check out day at 9am and we told them we would be out by 10:15. They proceeded to hover outside our door until we left. Every time we made a trip down to the car with stuff, they asked is if we were done. We had until 11am to check out, and we were thought we were being good by getting out by 10:15! I know that they just want to turn the room around, but it was annoying. Almost made another pot of coffee and sat on the balcony animal watching until 11am, but decided to be nice.

Oh, and our smoke detector started beeping non-stop at 1am our first night. I couldn't get mad about that, because that happens at home all the time! Maintenance was there in 30 minutes to fix it, and all was well.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #18
jennypenny
Raising 3 disneyholics like any proper parent!

I think they should build a covered walkway (like the one from WL to WLV) from the far end of Kidani to AKL.

Counter service is a problem at most of the DVC resorts. We just had an almost inedible breakfast from BCV Marketplace.

I wake up dreaming of the Beach Club...
jennypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #19
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennypenny View Post
I think they should build a covered walkway (like the one from WL to WLV) from the far end of Kidani to AKL.

Counter service is a problem at most of the DVC resorts. We just had an almost inedible breakfast from BCV Marketplace.
That's why I prefer to make my own in the villa.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #20
DeeCee735
"How Do You Know of the Key?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny View Post
We just spent two nights in a savannah view studio at Kidani. This was our first visit to the resort and my last.

Here are my complaints:
1. Extremely long hallways
2. Very limited food options- no food courts and absolutely no where to get breakfast
3. TV reception horrible- no HD
4. Hallways filled with cleaning carts
5. Sofa bed was thin and extremely hard. Linens were low cost. Blanket was thin.
6. Saw very few animals (I know this was not Disney's fault but the extra points were wasted).
7. Far from everything

I really wanted to love this resort, but truthfully my stay at the Residence Inn the night before was way more enjoyable. If I had paid cash for this resort, I would have been really upset.
Sorry you were so disappointed with your Kidani stay.

As far as long hallways, and I've said this before, I'd rather walk a long hallway in the air conditioning than be walking forever outside (OKW/SSR - both of which I love by the way). I just don't see the long walks any different than any other DVC resort. OKW is huge, as is SSR. BCV is a long way from the BW area for dining and entertainment options. In short, Disney = walking. Even the hotels are huge with far walks, look at Polynesian, Carribbean Beach and Coronado Springs.

As far as breakfast goes, Mara offers an excellent choice of breakfast items, as well as lunch and dinner. Is it a hike to get there? Not really because if you decide you want to go out for breakfast you've gotta travel somewhere. If you're at the BWV at the end of a long hall and you want bakery, that's not close either. You could always buy the items the night before and leave them in the frig in the villa for a nice relaxing breakfast....I'm just sayin

TV reception bad? Call maintenance, could be poor wire connections. Remember what it was like before they had flat screens! We've never had a problem with that, don't really watch much TV on vacation anyway though.

Few animals? Which savannah were you on? What time of day were you looking? Can't control what they do, but you can bet they are around at feeding times. If you don't see them from your balcony, you can almost always see them from the viewing areas.

While we always go with the savannah view (which is why we added on there), for those who find it a "waste of points", a standard view is the best option, with time spent hanging around the viewing areas in those huge rockers.

Again, sorry you were so disappointed, but to tell the truth, if everyone were happy with that resort, it would too hard for those of us who love it to get into

Happy DVC planning for the future...

AKV 6/14,VWL5/14,BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95

Last edited by DeeCee735; 08-27-2012 at 10:49 AM.
DeeCee735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #21
marynvince
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis-happy View Post
Okay, I for one happen to like the carts in the hallway. It's much easier to snag some extra tp or dw soap from a cart. While staying at SSR or BCV where they use the baskets it's much more of a hassle to get things when they run out. I've walked for ages trying to find someone, to no avail and didn't want to call and wait for housekeeping. So, to each his own, but imo long live the carts!
Great observations and thanks for the tip
marynvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #22
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Kidani & Jambo aren't for everyone. The resort is more of a retreat away from the hustle & bustle of WDW than the other resorts. This is why I tell folk it's really important to stay where you'll be buying before going through with the transaction.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #23
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie

Except for 6 and 7, your comments could fit any DVC resort. Are you a new member?
My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #24
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by marynvince View Post
Great observations and thanks for the tip
But don't swipe stuff that you should pay for, like towels, shampoo, etc. Toilet paper and dish detergent would be stuff that is replaced for free.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #25
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrj View Post
I'll end my thoughts with this. IMO a not so good day at Disney is still better than a day not at Disney

DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #26
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

We love KV we have only had one bad room and that was a SV which was pretty long way away. Sure beets going to work. We did have a lot of activity. You can go to JH by walking shuttle or theme park bus. The Mara is good and love the classic TV. Nit to mention the zebra domes. We prefer staying here andcwecvisit all the parks. We are first on and first off. It is not but a few minutes to Ak and maybe 10 to Epcot HS. Stay at BLT same time to get to AK we can't wait to go in Jan. We love Kidani.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #27
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

We also think its ridiculous that there isnt quick service at Kidani. In fact every DVC should have one.
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #28
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandtimect View Post
We also think its ridiculous that there isnt quick service at Kidani. In fact every DVC should have one.
Jambo House and Kidani Village make up AKV. There is a quick service dining facility over at JH. BCV, you have to go over to BC. VWL, you have to go over to WL. OKW, you have to go to the HH or Turtle Pond (if it is open - just open seasonally). SSR, you have to head to the Carriage House and Artist Palette or at the new Paddock pool. BWV, you have to go down to the BW and then it is still limited.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:31 AM   #29
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

There is a walkway from Kidani to Jambo. We drive to WDW & often park in the parking garage closest to our elevator section & drive to Mara for Breakfast. We also bring breakfast. They do have microwaves & toasters in studios.

We also bring our own blankets & pillows.

We have stayed in a Savana view twice we have seen many animals.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #30
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
There is a walkway from Kidani to Jambo.
Sure but it goes the long way around the building and is the very problem in question. My point was that given the setup and shape of the resort, a more direct route from the ends of the buildings to the lobby and Jambo was easily possible. An elevate walkway or tunnel connecting at the observation deck and through directly to the hallway on that end of Jambo would have been ideal, IMO. A limited electric tram could easily have been included and have been a selling point.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: