Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #1306
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Hey Matt (fgtriot)!

Happy Birthday Matt!
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 09-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #1307
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Morning Gents,

Happy Birthday Matt!

ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #1308
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Morning Dave and everyone else!

Just like to start off by saying that I am down to 196 lbs! Slowly working to my goal of 175! Going to run again this evening with friends, hopefully to keep me motivated.

One day closer to the weekend!

Matt
Excellent! Keep it up.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #1309
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
You never mentioned that detail. That completely changes everything!!!
Quote:

Dude, I can be there within the hour!!!!!!!!
So where were you guys?

Quote:
Great news guys!!! With the help of some aluminum foil and a couple of coat hangers, I actually got our local NBC station through the aerial antenna. Eat that dish network!
Pictures or it didn't happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I'm going to have to start saving these as wallpaper shots for my computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Hi guys...found out some news late today, since everyone at the store forgot to tell me. Apparently, Oct 1st, we get a new assitant manager, and it's actually going to be a buddy of mine I used to work with when I first got on fulltime. We used to golf all the time and spend hours of worktime trading Simpsons quotes back and forth. Finally, someone I can get along with!

So of course, I have NO doubt that I'll be transferred soon...Law of Averages. Can;t have me happy at work!
Glad to hear it! Will he be the Assistant Regional Manager or the Assistant TO the Regional Manager?
Old 09-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #1310
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Opening night of NFL. I of course pick the Giants with the spread, and they just now are trailing by 4 points. I don't like picking against my team, but I really dislike it when they lose and I don't get the pick EM points.

I hate it when the Cowboys win and I pick against them. I think they have cost me more picks than any other team.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #1311
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Donald, another great shot!

Happy Birthday Matt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I am happy with the mechanic I use. He will tell me when stuff does and doesn't need to be replaced. And, his prices are really low. If I had any talent, I would love to be able to do that type of work with my hands.
Sometimes just because you can do it doesn't always make it worth while. It seems like half the time when I go to do a simple repair it turns into an all day long thing with 3 or 4 trips into town to get something else I didn't think I needed. Sometimes it is just easier to let somebody else do it and use your Saturday for something more productive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
I'm with you on that, closest I've ever gotten I fixed up my 1949 dodge meadowbrook but working on a 60+ year old car and working on a newesh car are totally diff
I have a 1993 truck and a 2011 truck. One of them I can work on, the other has an engine hiding somewhere under all the wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Hi guys...found out some news late today, since everyone at the store forgot to tell me. Apparently, Oct 1st, we get a new assitant manager, and it's actually going to be a buddy of mine I used to work with when I first got on fulltime. We used to golf all the time and spend hours of worktime trading Simpsons quotes back and forth. Finally, someone I can get along with!

So of course, I have NO doubt that I'll be transferred soon...Law of Averages. Can;t have me happy at work!
Well, it looks like it is better than some of the alternatives. I hope it works out for both of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
So where were you guys?
DW had a volleyball game to coach, so somebody had to pick the kids up.

Quote:
Pictures or it didn't happen!
Ok, you got me. What actually happened was I dusted off the old TV remote and switched input from HDMI to TV. It was on channel 8-1 with a black screen... typcial. I scrolled through a few other channels, still just seeing a black screen, then I used the remote and hit 13-1 (our NBC station) and I saw Chuck Lofton on the screen talking about the rain that was moving through yesterday afternoon.

But I did have various pieces of metal in my hand and the ladder was out. I actually was just turning it on so that I could crank the volume and hear it if I did something that made it pick up a signal. I never expected it to actually work when I turned it on. If it hadn't come on when I turned it on I was going on the roof to either make the antenna work or make the worlds biggest lightning rod.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #1312
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Donald, another great shot!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
I'm going to have to start saving these as wallpaper shots for my computer.
Well go ahead... I left these pics trademark free just for the purpose of using them as wallpaper shots!!! So please do enjoy them, just remember the hard work that we go through to get them...

Donald
Old 09-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #1313
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Morning guys.

Quote:

Just like to start off by saying that I am down to 196 lbs! Slowly working to my goal of 175! Going to run again this evening with friends, hopefully to keep me motivated.

Matt
That's awesome, keep it up!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #1314
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Good morning gentlemen

I've got two kids who have been wound up since 6:30. I think they are excited for preschool.
Quote:
[CENTER]Hey Matt (fgtriot)!

Happy birthday Matt

Quote:

Matt
Congratulations. Keep up the good work.

Quote:

Well go ahead... I left these pics trademark free just for the purpose of using them as wallpaper shots!!! So please do enjoy them, just remember the hard work that we go through to get them...
I might use one of yours. For some reason, the wife doesn't like my present wallpaper.

Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 09-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #1315
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Guys!

Hey Dads. Still about 25 pages behind. Trying to catch up to everyone this morning.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #1316
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I hate it when the Cowboys win and I pick against them. I think they have cost me more picks than any other team.
I hate it when the Cowboys win.

Quote:
Ok, you got me. What actually happened was I dusted off the old TV remote and switched input from HDMI to TV. It was on channel 8-1 with a black screen... typcial. I scrolled through a few other channels, still just seeing a black screen, then I used the remote and hit 13-1 (our NBC station) and I saw Chuck Lofton on the screen talking about the rain that was moving through yesterday afternoon.

But I did have various pieces of metal in my hand and the ladder was out. I actually was just turning it on so that I could crank the volume and hear it if I did something that made it pick up a signal. I never expected it to actually work when I turned it on. If it hadn't come on when I turned it on I was going on the roof to either make the antenna work or make the worlds biggest lightning rod.
You're right, the foil and coathanger story was better.

Quote:
Thanks, Donald! They really are fantastic pictures. What shutter delay did you use for the fireworks?
Old 09-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #1317
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Good morning gentlemen

I've got two kids who have been wound up since 6:30. I think they are excited for preschool.

Happy birthday Matt

Congratulations. Keep up the good work.

I might use one of yours. For some reason, the wife doesn't like my present wallpaper.
I don't see why! I like that one! By sure if you like it use it. I have a special surprise I had to order from china and can't wait to upload a pic of it when it shows up and I can install it.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #1318
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Dads on all the nice comments...

I will continue to pop a photo on here every now and then. But I dont want to waste all of my shots lol.
The Photos are awesome.

They might ask you to work in marketing at DW! Keep them coming when you have time. With about a year and a half before our next trip it makes it a little less depressing.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #1319
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
I hate it when the Cowboys win.

You're right, the foil and coathanger story was better.

Thanks, Donald! They really are fantastic pictures. What shutter delay did you use for the fireworks?
Sometimes f11 1/2 sec or f11 for 4 secs depends on lighting but usually I have it set to 200 iso. But still learning. I may be getting into macro soon also.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #1320
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Well, I drafted Brady, Ridley, & Lloyd, so I am all in on Pats. And, I hate Brady and the Pats. So, I eith get to cheer for my fantasy team doing well or cheer that that they lose every game. Either way, I'm not going to do well with this.[/QUOTE]

Hate Brady and the Pats! How about a little love for the dads from the northeast. I have Rodgers, Jennings and McKinley in my league. I guess I'm riding the Packers this year.....Oh! and I hate the Packers. Want to trade?

Good Luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: