Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #3481
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Attention all members. Excuse me while I drag over this dilapidated, beer-stained soapbox for a moment. I have an announcement to make.

For the last 3 years I have been privileged to be the man to coordinate the opening of new DDC threads and to officially welcome new members to the club. I still find it hard to believe that I have been performing these tasks for so long... through 19 threads! Flew by, actually. It's been a great honor!

Over the past few months I have found less and less time and energy to spend keeping up with the boards. I found myself wondering if there is someone else that could be enlisted to help or take over the responsibilities I have enjoyed thus far. This leads me to the announcement. I hope you will all agree with me that this person will more than adequately take these tasks and make it more than I could imagine Commencing with the end of the current thread, the man who will henceforth announce the reception of new members and create new threads is....
Thanks for all the work you put in creating threads and keeping track of new members Don. Enjoy the respite.

Randall your an awesome choice to take over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Got the Avengers monorail while standing in line at MNSSHP entrance.

Glad to hear the party was fun. So do we call that that the Avenger-ail? that sounds like a beer to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Ok happy to report DD had a great time at the party, we all enjoyed watching the parade with Norm and his family, really glad we got a meet in after we were on opposite sides of the park pretty much all night, we are exhausted and hopefully a nice day at HS tommarow, well actually today
Glad she did well last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
‘Morning all…

[vent]
Going to be an interesting few days… my immediate manager resigned and we now have about ten or fewer days to transfer all that knowledge and processing responsibilities on to two or there other people (being as they don’t plan to bring in any one else to fill the spot). This will be the fifth time I’ve had to take on more work and almost certainly mark the fifth time that extra responsibility and requirement came with no extra compensation.

Don’t know why I’m complaining, no one here has received so much as a cost of living adjustment since 2007.
[/vent]
Additional responsibility without additional compensation sinks. (that reminds me of a revolutionary war slogan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Thanks guys, no F&W for us, we planned on doing 3 parks with a chill day before MNSSHP ( so not to wear her out too much) so one park would have to wait till the next trip and Epcot we felt she wouldn't enjoy as much on her first trip, so we have HS today and MK tomm, we are going to take our time waking up and getting to HS because some genus booked a 330 lunch ( Me) at MM in the Fantasmic package, I might run over for Fastpasses for TSM , does anyone know if you have to scan a ticket for the park in order to get a fastpass for it?
It's already been said, but the tickets have to be swiped at the gate to work in the fastpass machine. I learned that the hardway

Quote:
Hey guys! Aaron posted this up on FB... and thought I'd pass it along here. Southwest is having a 40% off sale today for dates in the DDC Convention timeframe. I just saved over $200 by booking today!

BIGDEAL40

Hope this helps someone else too!!
Bummer I already booked my tickets for those dates and I don't think they are refundable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Well, it's Tuesday morning and I'm still trying to recover from the weekend. And no, Andy, the Packers blowing a 21-3 lead wasn't the worst part. (But it was a nice little salt in the wound)

I had planned to take the van into the shop on Saturday morning because it was leaking coolant from a place that I didn't want to try to have to reach to fix by myself. Turns out that problem was a small hole in the radiator. The bigger problem was badly corroded coolant lines that supply heat to the back of the passenger compartment. The shop told me that Mazda issued a recall on this for states that put salt on the roads in the winter (Hello Wisconsin!). We bought it used, and I'm sure Mazda sent a post card to the original owner who promptly threw it away. The kicker is that, that recall expired in 2010 and we were on the hook for $900 for some dealer-only parts to get it fixed. Has anyone ever heard of recalls expiring?

The bigger issue was when we woke up on Saturday the house was cold, and the furnace was blowing cold air. I couldn't get it running, so I called a service guy. We knew when we bought this house 10 years ago that we were on borrowed time with that furnace, and it chose this weekend to kick the bucket. $3200 for a new one.

Then, to top it all off, our mainframe system at work decided to freak out Sunday night and lose connection to half of it's disks. So I had to deal with all of that mess Sunday evening and all day yesterday.

I could really use a Dole Whip about now.

Bright Side - I was able to use that 40% at Southwest to book some sweet airfare for the DDC!
Wow that's a bummer I hadn't heard of recalls expiring.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #3482
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Hey Ryan! (IamTrike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Happy Birthday Ryan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
And a happy birthday to Ryan.
Its good to see you with a little extra time to spend around here again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Have a great day all and Happy birthday Ryan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Happy Birthday, Ryan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Happy Birthday Ryan!
Quote:
Happy Birthday Ryan.

Still loading pics. Photobucket is stinking like some type of bucket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Hey Nemesis;

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I am really glad that I found this little bastion of disney masculinity on the web. Reading yall's posts is one of the highlights of my days. I've learned much from this board, for example Dave's 4 rules of plumbing http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post41687283

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day

Last edited by IamTrike; 10-09-2012 at 10:19 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #3483
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Well, it's Tuesday morning and I'm still trying to recover from the weekend. And no, Andy, the Packers blowing a 21-3 lead wasn't the worst part. (But it was a nice little salt in the wound)

I had planned to take the van into the shop on Saturday morning because it was leaking coolant from a place that I didn't want to try to have to reach to fix by myself. Turns out that problem was a small hole in the radiator. The bigger problem was badly corroded coolant lines that supply heat to the back of the passenger compartment. The shop told me that Mazda issued a recall on this for states that put salt on the roads in the winter (Hello Wisconsin!). We bought it used, and I'm sure Mazda sent a post card to the original owner who promptly threw it away. The kicker is that, that recall expired in 2010 and we were on the hook for $900 for some dealer-only parts to get it fixed. Has anyone ever heard of recalls expiring?

The bigger issue was when we woke up on Saturday the house was cold, and the furnace was blowing cold air. I couldn't get it running, so I called a service guy. We knew when we bought this house 10 years ago that we were on borrowed time with that furnace, and it chose this weekend to kick the bucket. $3200 for a new one.

Then, to top it all off, our mainframe system at work decided to freak out Sunday night and lose connection to half of it's disks. So I had to deal with all of that mess Sunday evening and all day yesterday.

Bright Side - I was able to use that 40% at Southwest to book some sweet airfare for the DDC!
OUCH! Hope the week gets better.

No NFC Norse banter for this week.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 10-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #3484
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:

Forget the real parts and just get more rubber hose. That's been doing the job for the past few years anyway. Truthfully though, I can't understand how a recall can expire. There has to be some way to get it taken care of.

Sorry about the furnace too. We have one that is 28 years old. It's a beast, but I know one of these days it is going to give up the fight. Even if you know it is coming, that's not something that tends to be budget friendly
Old 10-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #3485
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
We stopped at Poly yesterday for Captain Cooks. Tried to PM you.
I was off. But was there at the resort doing off the clock stuff. I am working on possibly my next evaluation coming up so trying to look good doing volunteer work. So sorry to miss ya. Should have PMed me earlier I just got it this morning.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #3486
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
So do we call that that the Avenger-ail? that sounds like a beer to me.
Yeah that does sound like a beer or a form of energy/ginger ale mix.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #3487
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Great work Don and thank you!

Randall- good luck and don't break anything

Barry- hmm I could say that's what you get for being a packers fan but I'm sorry for the drama.

Nemie - wherever have you been? I've been bored.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #3488
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Thanks Don...Good Luck Randall.

Oh...and Hi Guys

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 10-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #3489
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Thanks Don...Good Luck Randall.

Oh...and Hi Guys
Hi Honcho!

Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #3490
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
Great work Don and thank you!

Randall- good luck and don't break anything

Barry- hmm I could say that's what you get for being a packers fan but I'm sorry for the drama.

Nemie - wherever have you been? I've been bored.
I could say the same thing. My weekends have been crazy with work, fall chores, and playing dad, while also trying to sneak a nap in so I'm not a zombie while I'm working.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 10-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #3491
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Still loading pics. Photobucket is stinking like some type of bucket.
I'm thinking of taking my business elsewhere, PB's a pain lately.

Quote:

Wow, what a beverly weekend. Lots of bad luck running through here lately. Hope it gets better.
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #3492
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:

Wow. Quite the weekend! And I have never heard of a recall expiring either. Might be work a call to the manufacturer somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Bummer I already booked my tickets for those dates and I don't think they are refundable.
Actually... you can rebook at the discounted price and they will give you the difference as a credit towards future flights. Did that last year.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 10-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #3493
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
Wow. Quite the weekend! And I have never heard of a recall expiring either. Might be work a call to the manufacturer somehow.

Actually... you can rebook at the discounted price and they will give you the difference as a credit towards future flights. Did that last year.
...sure are posting alot Don! You trying to shut down this thread?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #3494
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Who is baking these cakes!!! You making one for me? LOL
Think he'll have time before Dec 27th, Donald?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #3495
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
...sure are posting alot Don! You trying to shut down this thread?
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: