Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 02:42 AM   #2956
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Good Evening/Good Morning.

Another long weekend of work in the books. Had to actually do some work today, which prevented me from enjoying the early games. Finally got settled in watching the late games around 5, and kept watching right up until it was time to go at midnight.

I'm slipping a bit on keeping the weight off. I've found myself eating every day a few things that are probably just okay to have here and there. Tomorrow (technically today) is now Oct 1st. Time to put it out there in writing that I am getting back to eating better. I will make my goal this time not to lose a lot of weight, but to get myself in better shape.

By the end of the year, I'd like to be 10lbs lighter than I am now, but not sure how to judge the exercise part??? should I just see how many reps of pushups/situps/pull-ups I can do, and then make a goal to improve by a certain amount. The end of year goal is roughly 90 days... maybe I should try one of those 90 day workout programs.

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012. AKL/Vero July 2013. runDisney OKW Jan 2014. SSR/Vero/Pop July 2014. runDisney AoA Nov 2014.
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR Interrupted
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
Old 10-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #2957
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Good morning men

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 12/9/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #2958
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Morning guys...

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 10-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #2959
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Morning All!

Back from my trip to San Diego. It was OK, probably would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't working 10-12 hrs a day. My laptop was made by beverly, so I actually had to go out and buy a wireless usb adapter so I could use my Iphone to get on the internet. The hotel's wifi was so bad I couldn't even surf the internet from my phone. Don't think I will be staying there anymore.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #2960
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Morning guys.

DS has another soccer game after school and right now it is sunny but they are calling for rain this afternoon. I'm really looking forward to standing in the rain for another couple of hours.

It will be a tough one for DW. DS's opponent this afternoon is the school where she teaches. She said she would sit in the middle.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #2961
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Happy Monday guys.....i think.

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #2962
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Happy Monday Guys. Saw Nemo 3d this weekend. That's one of the movies our kids watch on the DVD player in the car on trips so it was nice to actually be able to see that movie for once. There was a longer preview for Wreck-it-Ralph than I had seen before. The more I see about that movie the more I want to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
I didn't know if I would ever post this again, but........
I have a new countdown ticker!
We're planning to head down to Pensacola for the Blue Angels Homecoming Show the first weekend in November! Hopefully, my DW will actually be able to go!
Congratulations Mike! We'll be praying that your wife gets to go. A bunch of friends posted blue angels pics on facebook this weekend and I thought about you and your son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Been a wild couple of days around here. Had a busy day at work yesterday and didn't get lunch until 4. I had to stick around after normal office hours and then go to Lafayette late last night with some corn samples for work. Got home at 11:30 and was woken up with a phone call an hour later to tell me they didn't pass and we have some train cars to unload Monday.

Also, need some prayers. Yesterday my boss's father passed away after a week in hospice, and my MiL's best friend lost her husband in a motorcycle wreck on his way home from work.

Not a great couple of days, but working on the farm this afternoon listening to the Boilermakers beat up on the Herd, so I'm definitely in a better mood now than I was this morning.
Praying for you Andy. That sounds like a rough week for a lot of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post

Another long weekend of work in the books. Had to actually do some work today, which prevented me from enjoying the early games. Finally got settled in watching the late games around 5, and kept watching right up until it was time to go at midnight.

I'm slipping a bit on keeping the weight off. I've found myself eating every day a few things that are probably just okay to have here and there. Tomorrow (technically today) is now Oct 1st. Time to put it out there in writing that I am getting back to eating better. I will make my goal this time not to lose a lot of weight, but to get myself in better shape.

By the end of the year, I'd like to be 10lbs lighter than I am now, but not sure how to judge the exercise part??? should I just see how many reps of pushups/situps/pull-ups I can do, and then make a goal to improve by a certain amount. The end of year goal is roughly 90 days... maybe I should try one of those 90 day workout programs.
I started doing P90x about a week ago. Everyone I know that has done it and stuck with it has really liked it. You don't need much more than resistance bands and a pull up bar to do the program. It's a pretty big time commitment, but it does deliver results.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 10-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #2963
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Have any of you flown on allegiant to Orlando Sanford? We are looking at flying them in February because they are less than half the price of southwest. Are there any issues renting cars from that airport?

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 10-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #2964
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

So...tired...

These late football games kill me.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #2965
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
We're planning to head down to Pensacola for the Blue Angels Homecoming Show the first weekend in November! Hopefully, my DW will actually be able to go!
Great to hear! We'll keep your wife in our prayers.

Quote:
Been a wild couple of days around here. Had a busy day at work yesterday and didn't get lunch until 4. I had to stick around after normal office hours and then go to Lafayette late last night with some corn samples for work. Got home at 11:30 and was woken up with a phone call an hour later to tell me they didn't pass and we have some train cars to unload Monday.

Also, need some prayers. Yesterday my boss's father passed away after a week in hospice, and my MiL's best friend lost her husband in a motorcycle wreck on his way home from work.

Not a great couple of days, but working on the farm this afternoon listening to the Boilermakers beat up on the Herd, so I'm definitely in a better mood now than I was this morning.
We've all had bad weeks, but that one is pretty out there. Prayers that you can get back to normal soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Morning guys. The remote still hasn't cooled off from all the use yesterday. Some great games to watch (sorry Barry). Made chicken florentine and rice last night that was really tasty. All in all a good day.
That was hard to watch. Not just the ugly play, but the ugly uniforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Happy Monday guys.....i think.
Yes, I checked the calendar. It is, in fact, Monday.

And why is it that just reading Norm's recipe has me not only hungry for that, but also smelling it? I need to take a wander around the office and see if any of the departments are having a breakfast pot luck...
Old 10-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #2966
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Great news, Mike! Prayers continue for your wife.

Quote:

Sorry, it's been such a rough couple of days, Andy. Hoping things turn around for you soon.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #2967
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post

Good luck. How much time do you have to work out? I've run through the P90X program a few times and liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
I started doing P90x about a week ago. Everyone I know that has done it and stuck with it has really liked it. You don't need much more than resistance bands and a pull up bar to do the program. It's a pretty big time commitment, but it does deliver results.
It may be time for me to start this again. But P90X plus half-marathon training may be a bit much. I may just modify it to take it easy on the legs. I bought a chin up bar that goes up in the door frame and slowly built up a weight set via craigslist and garage sales. Don't need anything more than 30 lb weights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
So...tired...

These late football games kill me.
Seriously! And there's three of them each week and they're all on school nights. And with the Bears playing tonight, I already know I'll be exhausted tomorrow.
DIS Dad #400
Old 10-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #2968
moose615
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone, hope all is well and prayers out to those who need them
Old 10-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #2969
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Afternoon Gents! Rained out this afternoon so I'm going to shell some runner beans and try to get the office cleaned before I head out of state for my (hopefully) last work trip before January. Potential meeting in Charlotte in November and it would be good, but I'm getting tired of the long weeks. Needs some 40 hour weeks for a change.

Homeschooling is going well but it is a major commitment and eats into the "free" time as well and I don't think the Mrs. would really like me travelling to Charlotte without her when she hasn't had a break yet this year. Didn't even mention the meeting at the end of the month in Clearwater that I could have gone to.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
Old 10-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #2970
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Good luck. How much time do you have to work out? I've run through the P90X program a few times and liked it.

It may be time for me to start this again. But P90X plus half-marathon training may be a bit much. I may just modify it to take it easy on the legs. I bought a chin up bar that goes up in the door frame and slowly built up a weight set via craigslist and garage sales. Don't need anything more than 30 lb weights.

Seriously! And there's three of them each week and they're all on school nights. And with the Bears playing tonight, I already know I'll be exhausted tomorrow.
I modified P90x to fit with my marathon training. Right now I'm running 3 days a week so I use that in place of the cardio DVD's. I like the workouts a lot, they force me to work muscles that I wouldn't normall work if I just went into a gym.

One of the guys I run with that's going to be running the Marathon in January is trying to get a guys trip arranged to Disneyland in September so we can get our coast to coast medals. His thought is that will alleviate any Disney desires he might have. The rest of us in the group think that 2 disney trips should be just enough to get the addiction started.

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: