Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #2506
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Say Hi to Christopher for me, tell him he's missed around here.
What he said!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #2507
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I told her to go buy the paint then I'll start. Hopefully that buys me some time.
Nice Move. She'll be reorganizing those paint color selector sheets at Lowe's for weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
What'd you do, Tim? Marry a girl?!?
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #2508
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

Exciting. Getting paid for the spot?

Nope strictly volunteer. There are no paid coaches here in middle and high school. Even my years as a university volleyball coach was only a part-time position. Of course they expectded full-time hours.

Happy Birthday Carl and Todd!!

I hope everyone that was in the bus accident yesterday is ok.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #2509
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Morning Guys!

Had a good DR visit all around with both DD's. The Urologist cleared my youngest , she has had yearly ultrasounds for her kidneys since she was born. The oldest has some variation of Rosasia (Ro say sha)? Got to pick her meds up today. But overall good visit!

Matt
Matt, if you don't mind me asking, what was wrong with your DDs kidneys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Man, my Oktoberfest and Pumpkin beers have been on fire since last week. Near the end of shift yesterday, talked to a customer about the beeer section, and he commented that it's the best selection outside of Toronto's mega-stores, he sends a lot of business our way. Good to hear I am making people happy.

Getting in Green Flash IPA from California today, should generate a bit more buzz.
Otter Creek is my favorite Octoberfest. I am so anti Sam Adams I can't even look at the stuff. Do you import any beers from Connecticut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Hi guys, busy Friday and I hope all have a good one. Lunch with Stopher is on the agenda! Talk to everyone later.
Please tell Stopher we said hi!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Nice Move. She'll be reorganizing those paint color selector sheets at Lowe's for weeks.

I heard the painting bug is going around- watch out!

Happy Birthday Carl & Todd!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #2510
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Quote:
Matt, if you don't mind me asking, what was wrong with your DDs kidneys?

Abigail was diagnosed with Hydronephrosis when she was still in the womb. Its basically where one kidney doesn't function as designed. In her case, her left kidney would always retain fluid, and was slower in processing than the right one. She had semi annual checkups for the first 4 yrs, and then went to annual.

At 5, we noticed she had alot of blood in her urine, and being quite alarmed, we made an appointed again with her urologist. Although she had no pain, she was diagnosed with her first kidney stone. She did the whole sonic treatment, and everything passed normally. Since then, we have been forcing alot of water on her and hoping that we dont have a repeat of the stones.

So, all in all, this was very good news for us.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 09-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #2511
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Abigail was diagnosed with Hydronephrosis when she was still in the womb. Its basically where one kidney doesn't function as designed. In her case, her left kidney would always retain fluid, and was slower in processing than the right one. She had semi annual checkups for the first 4 yrs, and then went to annual.

At 5, we noticed she had alot of blood in her urine, and being quite alarmed, we made an appointed again with her urologist. Although she had no pain, she was diagnosed with her first kidney stone. She did the whole sonic treatment, and everything passed normally. Since then, we have been forcing alot of water on her and hoping that we dont have a repeat of the stones.

Matt
Wow. I'm glad to hear she is doing well! The reason I asked is because my DD only has one kidney due to her cancer so we've been going for cancer screenings and kidney function tests since she was 1.

We are constantly forcing DD to drink water. She is probably sick of hearing us tell her to drink her water but it's what we have to do. We try to get her to drink 40 oz of water and 16oz of milk a day.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #2512
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Quote:
Wow. I'm glad to hear she is doing well! The reason I asked is because my DD only has one kidney due to her cancer so we've been going for cancer screenings and kidney function tests since she was 1.

We are constantly forcing DD to drink water. She is probably sick of hearing us tell her to drink her water but it's what we have to do. We try to get her to drink 40 oz of water and 16oz of milk a day.
Wow, so sorry to hear about the cancer, but glad she is free of it now. We also have to constantly harp on water, if it was up to Abigail, she would drink milk 90% of the time.

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 09-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #2513
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Wow, so sorry to hear about the cancer, but glad she is free of it now. We also have to constantly harp on water, if it was up to Abigail, she would drink milk 90% of the time.
All Juliana drinks is milk and water. She doesn't like juice, soda, iced tea, lemonade- nothing. She loves water so I guess that is one battle we don't have to fight.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #2514
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Morning Guys!

Had a good DR visit all around with both DD's. The Urologist cleared my youngest , she has had yearly ultrasounds for her kidneys since she was born. The oldest has some variation of Rosasia (Ro say sha)? Got to pick her meds up today. But overall good visit!

Matt
Awesome news Matt! Continued well wishes for the girls.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #2515
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:

Matt
Good News to hear!!! Way to go Abigail!!!

Old 09-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #2516
moose615
DIS Veteran

It's almost Friday afternoon, can't wait to get this day over, going to a beer fest tomm, 25 brewers and a ton of beer, DDs spending the night with the grandparents and I have a designated driver (not to be confused with my DD) so should be a good Saturday then gotta get back to cleaning Sunday, good balanced weekend
Old 09-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #2517
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I'm doing rehab in your house if it happens.

He did have some great quotes. My favorite was "What's going on Mr. Peterson?". Woody, let's talk about what's going IN Mr. Peterson.
NORM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
well, its here, tomorrow is our last day here. cant believe it has been almost two weeks. all the adrs are done. saved $153.00 with tables in wonderland this trip.
Have a safe trip back.

Quote:
I might accidentally forget about this ADR. I'm pretty sure a credit card isn't required to hold a Via Napoli ADR.... and if it is, the ADR isn't in my name!
What is posted on the Dis Dad board stays on the Dis Dad board. No worries.

Quote:
Abigail was diagnosed with Hydronephrosis when she was still in the womb. Its basically where one kidney doesn't function as designed. In her case, her left kidney would always retain fluid, and was slower in processing than the right one. She had semi annual checkups for the first 4 yrs, and then went to annual....

Matt
Quote:

Both Abigail and Juliana are tough little kids. Glad the news was good Matt and continues to be good with you Tim.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #2518
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Matt
I'm glad the checkups went well.

I'm counting down the hours till this work day is over. I've got a fun weekend of projects to get started on.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 09-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #2519
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:

Matt
Quote:

You guys are doing a great job. It's wonderful that the kids are both doing well.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #2520
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post

Audrey : There are a lot of people living here..
Me: Well...not really....

Itty bitty livin space

I think it's kind of nice when your kids don't really have to understand mortality.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: