Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #2476
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I'm not one to write about DW in a negative way but I have to get this out there... maybe it will make me feel better. I'm hoping that putting it in a spot where it will be buried where it will never be seen by said wife will help me in the long run.

My DW cannot keep things in one spot. She constantly moves things around. From what is in the cabinets, to drawers, to the tooth paste & tooth brushes, to her coffee pot, to my dresser drawers, to where she puts the sponge, moving nicknacks, changing out pictures on the walls, moving what is in the vanity, etc. It might seem like nothing to you but it annoys me.

She can't leave well enough alone. I painted the whole interior of our house by myself. She always says she will help then she is nowhere to be found. Now she wants the kitchen, living room, and hallway repainted. It looks totally fine. I can't take it and I want to scream. I told her to go buy the paint then I'll start. Hopefully that buys me some time.

Sorry for the mini rant but I had to tell someone. It kinda seems petty now that I've typed it out.
My wife is always moving stuff and I can never find it, when I ask she goes right to it and say's I guess you didn't look hard enough

As far as the Honey do list remember we don't do ANYTHING around the house and that should only take a day or so to get it all done

Al Bundy said - Women you can't live with them the end

Although Dave would probably say - Women you can't live with them you can't sell them for scrap
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #2477
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Let's just chalk this up to "It seemed like a good idea at the time."

Thursdays is church band practice for DW and Amelia. My job is to walk Audrey and keep her entertained. Tonight we tagged along to the church since we ate out right before, and the church is not very far to the cemetary my Dad's side of the family is buried. So I get the great idea to walk on over with Audrey while practice is on and visit the grave where some family is. No problem. Audrey kind of has an idea about death etc. and I try to explain the concept of a cemetary to her. right now I should have realized I was digging myself deep

Okay, we get there and sort of walk on in. Surprisingly, it's not fully gated, you can walk right in where the church is (really surprising, since some graves/stones there are almost 200 years old. Early 1800s) Shortly past the old section is the family plot. Audrey is asking question after question about where the people are etc. Danger! Danger! Not scared though even as it is slowly going to dusk. I show here the monument and explain the people on them (My grandparents from dad's side, aunts and uncles including my favorite uncle who passed on 11 years ago) Audrey then went on a ROLL with questions, still wondering where the dead were.:

Me: This is where Papa's Mom and Dad are
Audrey: Where's Papa?
Me:....Well not here yet, he's still alive.
ABORT ABORT

Me:This was an uncle who dies as an infant
Audrey: Why did the baby die?
Me: ...umm I don't..know? I wasn;t there. But doctors and medicine wasn;t as good back then, it just happens
Just point out squirrels dumbkoff!

Audrey: If I am dead can I come here?
Me: Let's not have that happen, okay?

Audrey: Can we dig down and see them?
Me: ..............
Me: Time to head back!

Audrey: Who else can we see here?

Audrey : There are a lot of people living here..
Me: Well...not really....

DW afterwards knowing I would have said hi and talked to the "kinfolk": How is H (my uncle's nickname) doing?
Me: Well, he hasn't gotten any better yet.

Talked to Dad afterwards, he was rolling on the floor about this, wishes he was there to hear it. That kid is a goofball. But I wasn't ready to explain some of this to a 4 year old.
That is hilarious!

Gotta love the innocence of a child.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #2478
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

Norm is smart.

Wonder if this is going to be taken out of context?

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 09-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #2479
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
My wife is always moving stuff and I can never find it, when I ask she goes right to it and say's I guess you didn't look hard enough
Oh boy, sounds like my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Wonder if this is going to be taken out of context?
Most likely.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #2480
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad

So you married my sister-in-law.
That's what I was thinking
Old 09-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #2481
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad
Octonaughts is starting to grow on me.

Time to go rent something with lots of things that go BOOM!
They have a worst-of the gophers DVD?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #2482
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding
Evening guys.
Hey Paul.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #2483
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204

Tim, you could have just simplified your post like this:

I am married!
Agreed.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #2484
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

So just talk to DW and she text me a few minutes later to ask how much I spent on the new bottle of Knob creek bourbon, I laughed and told her. Keep in mind she just ran around town and dropped near 200 on odds and ends. I guess I just have to laugh.

Well I am totally ramped up to leave for Disney next Friday and I still need to survive the weekend with my in-laws and DW. I only hope she doesn't have it out with her mom or the weekend will be even longer.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:11 AM   #2485
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Morning Guys!

Had a good DR visit all around with both DD's. The Urologist cleared my youngest , she has had yearly ultrasounds for her kidneys since she was born. The oldest has some variation of Rosasia (Ro say sha)? Got to pick her meds up today. But overall good visit!

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 09-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #2486
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish
Morning Guys!

Had a good DR visit all around with both DD's. The Urologist cleared my youngest , she has had yearly ultrasounds for her kidneys since she was born. The oldest has some variation of Rosasia (Ro say sha)? Got to pick her meds up today. But overall good visit!

Matt
That's great news, always good when kids get a good DR visit

Good morning everyone, DD rocked it out yesterday for rockstar day at daycare , today is fave team and sadly all she has is a pink titans jersey as seen in a previous pic lol maybe this week will be better then the last 2 for the titans
Old 09-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #2487
Jousey
Dis Dad #694

Good mourning Dads

Off work soon going to catch a quick nap at home while DW runs around like a bantchy and then off to Door County with DW, DS, and In-Laws. Wish me luck last time DW went to Door county with her parents she was home in less than 24 hours. My guess lots of sugar for the kid and beer/wine for me and DW.
Have 6 bottles of diffrent Oktoberfest beer to drink this weekend and of course will pick up some Sweet Cherry while we are up there.

Have a good day all.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #2488
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Morning guys.... should be chaotic today, for some reason I get left in charge of the store today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Morning Guys!

Matt
Good news..

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)

Old 09-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #2489
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Hey Carl (carlnix30) & Todd (CAJUNWDWFAN)!

Old 09-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #2490
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey View Post
Good mourning Dads

Have 6 bottles of diffrent Oktoberfest beer to drink this weekend and of course will pick up some Sweet Cherry while we are up there.

Have a good day all.
Man, my Oktoberfest and Pumpkin beers have been on fire since last week. Near the end of shift yesterday, talked to a customer about the beeer section, and he commented that it's the best selection outside of Toronto's mega-stores, he sends a lot of business our way. Good to hear I am making people happy.

Getting in Green Flash IPA from California today, should generate a bit more buzz.

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: