Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #2461
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr
Going to forgo the Prayer thread and ask here...

Local school bus (High School) had a wreck with 67 kids. 10-12 students are being transported to Hospitals in critical condition.
Prayers for all

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 6/18/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 09-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #2462
moose615
DIS Veteran

Prayers go out to those kids and families.

I started my 17 day plan to get ready, mainly normal stuff like laundry an stuff but it's all so everything is clean when we come home and I'm not freaking out about stuff the day before, prob will happen anyways, but I have to get my jukebox ready to come up from the garage cuz most of the mess in my room is jukebox parts, DDs room is a totally diff story
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #2463
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
I started my 17 day plan to get ready, mainly normal stuff like laundry an stuff but it's all so everything is clean when we come home and I'm not freaking out about stuff the day before, prob will happen anyways, but I have to get my jukebox ready to come up from the garage cuz most of the mess in my room is jukebox parts, DDs room is a totally diff story
yeah, my dds room are the same as rest of house. Then, when visitors come over, DW runs around and cleans everything, but her dresser. That's where everything gets stacked. My opinion is live how you want to, and if the clutter embarrasses you when other people are over, maybe you should just not let it get that way to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
They may have updated it. Reports are now that the wheels went off the road, the driver overcorrected and the bus wound up rolling. One student said it rolled 3 times.
That would explain it. Scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
I'll get a running start and kick you free!
How kind of you. What's a nemesis for?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #2464
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Evening guys.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #2465
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
I'll get a running start and kick you free!
If it happens, video please. I'll make the popcorn.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #2466
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post

Local school bus (High School) had a wreck with 67 kids. 10-12 students are being transported to Hospitals in critical condition.
Scary, will be praying.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #2467
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Evening guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
It's going to be a tough one today, like some I've heard. Looks like a couple of hours in the office, round of golf with clients and our sales manager and then dinner and drinks. Sympathies accepted.
How is it you don't have a nemisis yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I'm not one to write about DW in a negative way but I have to get this out there... maybe it will make me feel better. I'm hoping that putting it in a spot where it will be buried where it will never be seen by said wife will help me in the long run.

My DW cannot keep things in one spot. She constantly moves things around. From what is in the cabinets, to drawers, to the tooth paste & tooth brushes, to her coffee pot, to my dresser drawers, to where she puts the sponge, moving nicknacks, changing out pictures on the walls, moving what is in the vanity, etc. It might seem like nothing to you but it annoys me.

She can't leave well enough alone. I painted the whole interior of our house by myself. She always says she will help then she is nowhere to be found. Now she wants the kitchen, living room, and hallway repainted. It looks totally fine. I can't take it and I want to scream. I told her to go buy the paint then I'll start. Hopefully that buys me some time.

Sorry for the mini rant but I had to tell someone. It kinda seems petty now that I've typed it out.
I hear you....and totally sympathize.

As Norm said on Cheers..: "Women..can't live with them......pass the beernuts"

Quote:

Big time prayers...
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 09-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #2468
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
If it happens, video please. I'll make the popcorn.
I'm doing rehab in your house if it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
As Norm said on Cheers..: "Women..can't live with them......pass the beernuts" ...
He did have some great quotes. My favorite was "What's going on Mr. Peterson?". Woody, let's talk about what's going IN Mr. Peterson.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #2469
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
What'd you do, Tim? Marry a girl?!?

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #2470
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

well, its here, tomorrow is our last day here. cant believe it has been almost two weeks. all the adrs are done. saved $153.00 with tables in wonderland this trip. tammy and i had a great time and it was great meeting dave and randall and there families. all were very nice people.
dont tell tammy but we are taking money home with us from this trip. i over budget the trip so we have a good $450 head start for mays trip.we are going to be going to the mk tomorrow morning and afternoon and some where in there, we are going to finish packing and getting the owners locker over to bell service. we are going to be dining tomorrow with sunny eclipes than back to okw early. we are going to be getting up at 2:30am sat. morning and hitting the road by 3am. ill talk to you guys tomorrow, have a nice night.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 09-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #2471
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Secret is safe with me. Wild horses couldn't drag it out of me. Especially when I meet Mel in January. Nope, not going to mention a word. Oh, and thanks for picking up the check at Via Napoli.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Tim, the first rule of keeping something on the DL from your wife is not telling your nemesis's's's's trainer or coach or whatever he calls himself.
Quote:
General Manager and Chief Motivational Officer of Team Barry thank you. This by the way has nothing to do with the race. Free meal at Via Napoli is the sole reason.
I might accidentally forget about this ADR. I'm pretty sure a credit card isn't required to hold a Via Napoli ADR.... and if it is, the ADR isn't in my name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Depends on whether or not you really want to kick the addiction.

For me
I got to step one and stopped right there.
Its a state of denial that Ill happily live in.
I guess I will stay addicted for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I learned quickly on the homeowner projects. My DW doesn't move things, but she keeps everything. I can't see her dresser under papers, magazines, envelopes, bags of stuff, etc. but, that is just the bedroom, it's all over the house. So, I told her on my strike for any home remaintainance projects until she stops hoarding.
My wife is the opposite- she throws everything away.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #2472
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:

Horrible situation there. Prayers going out to all involved.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #2473
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
I hear you....and totally sympathize.

As Norm said on Cheers..: "Women..can't live with them......pass the beernuts"

Norm is smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
well, its here, tomorrow is our last day here. cant believe it has been almost two weeks. all the adrs are done. saved $153.00 with tables in wonderland this trip. tammy and i had a great time and it was great meeting dave and randall and there families. all were very nice people.
dont tell tammy but we are taking money home with us from this trip. i over budget the trip so we have a good $450 head start for mays trip.we are going to be going to the mk tomorrow morning and afternoon and some where in there, we are going to finish packing and getting the owners locker over to bell service. we are going to be dining tomorrow with sunny eclipes than back to okw early. we are going to be getting up at 2:30am sat. morning and hitting the road by 3am. ill talk to you guys tomorrow, have a nice night.
Safe travels Dave!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #2474
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:

How awful, prayers going out, hope everyone recovers fully
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #2475
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Let's just chalk this up to "It seemed like a good idea at the time."

Thursdays is church band practice for DW and Amelia. My job is to walk Audrey and keep her entertained. Tonight we tagged along to the church since we ate out right before, and the church is not very far to the cemetary my Dad's side of the family is buried. So I get the great idea to walk on over with Audrey while practice is on and visit the grave where some family is. No problem. Audrey kind of has an idea about death etc. and I try to explain the concept of a cemetary to her. right now I should have realized I was digging myself deep

Okay, we get there and sort of walk on in. Surprisingly, it's not fully gated, you can walk right in where the church is (really surprising, since some graves/stones there are almost 200 years old. Early 1800s) Shortly past the old section is the family plot. Audrey is asking question after question about where the people are etc. Danger! Danger! Not scared though even as it is slowly going to dusk. I show here the monument and explain the people on them (My grandparents from dad's side, aunts and uncles including my favorite uncle who passed on 11 years ago) Audrey then went on a ROLL with questions, still wondering where the dead were.:

Me: This is where Papa's Mom and Dad are
Audrey: Where's Papa?
Me:....Well not here yet, he's still alive.
ABORT ABORT

Me:This was an uncle who dies as an infant
Audrey: Why did the baby die?
Me: ...umm I don't..know? I wasn;t there. But doctors and medicine wasn;t as good back then, it just happens
Just point out squirrels dumbkoff!

Audrey: If I am dead can I come here?
Me: Let's not have that happen, okay?

Audrey: Can we dig down and see them?
Me: ..............
Me: Time to head back!

Audrey: Who else can we see here?

Audrey : There are a lot of people living here..
Me: Well...not really....

DW afterwards knowing I would have said hi and talked to the "kinfolk": How is H (my uncle's nickname) doing?
Me: Well, he hasn't gotten any better yet.

Talked to Dad afterwards, he was rolling on the floor about this, wishes he was there to hear it. That kid is a goofball. But I wasn't ready to explain some of this to a 4 year old.
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: