Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #2236
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Thanks for the morale support guys.....DW and I feel like we've hit the breaking point with this..after last week's ear infection on one/diarreha-stomach issues with the other. Not to mention some other issues that have come up, right back to the car accident last month. Morale has been spotty.

I've got all the laundry under way, last load washing. save some other non-related clothes I'll get to later or tonight. All their bedding is changed and washed, all stuffed toys sealed up for two weeks (this broke Amelia's heart, her beloved Wolf stuffie is gone for a bit.) DW did the treatments and combed/hunted through their hair. Girls in bed finally, still lots to do though. We both took tomorrow off to deal.

Thanks for the shoulder guys...
Did the school take action on cleaning, did they find the source
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #2237
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad
Morning guys.

I'll try to catch up on the last dozen pages later. Happy birthdays and anniversaries to all. Nothing too exciting here.

I'm hoping to get back in shape. I just realized our trip to WDW is just over year away and I'm the heaviest I've ever been. I don't want to be worn out after one day in the parks with several more to go. I'm going to try and get to the gym on a more regular basis and tweak my diet a bit.
Nemie- I've missed you. And now a challenge to lose weight. How can I help? I could make fun but I'm not that horrible of a nemie. Let's start with losing 15 pounds by December 25.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #2238
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Thanks...

Yeah your were on the screen when I brought it up to the thread.
Were those Tim tams in your pics? Those are my Kryptonite
Old 09-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #2239
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711

Prayers to CJ and anyone else needing a little extra hope these days
Old 09-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #2240
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Thanks guys for the concern for the Pirate Princess. Talked to her tonight and she feels better even though the prescription won't be filled until tomorrow.

Quote:
Thanks for the morale support guys.....DW and I feel like we've hit the breaking point with this..after last week's ear infection on one/diarreha-stomach issues with the other. Not to mention some other issues that have come up, right back to the car accident last month. Morale has been spotty...

Getting rid of lice is a pain. My sympathies. Hopefully everything will turn the corner soon and the family morale gets boosted.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #2241
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Had a bit of a scare the last couple of days. DD experienced some speech and motor problems. She went to the Infirmary and they referred her to a neurologist who saw her today.

He thinks it is related to her migraines combined with school related stress. She had a Cat scan last year when she had the eye problem which was clean, so he is holding off doing another for now. He prescribed a drug that should counter it. After a while they will wean her off the medication. Hopeful that it works. We are both breathing a little easier for now.

Really tough when you kid is sick and you aren't there to do anything about it. She handled it like a trooper.
Hope the meds help quickly. I know it must be hard for you being so far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
started the project of the month I have a 85ft iong 4ft high rod iron fence that I have to knock the rough spots off of and paint, this will be the 3rd time in 20yrs I've done it (not that bad), but prep for paint is a real pita, even with professional air tools run by a 7hp compressor, I'm figuring at least 2 weeks to complete, with a week and a half of it just on prepping, this time I'm going to cheat a bit and use the spary gun
Bet it would go faster with a cooler full of beer.

Or even faster with one of these:

Quote:
Thanks for the morale support guys.....DW and I feel like we've hit the breaking point with this..after last week's ear infection on one/diarreha-stomach issues with the other. Not to mention some other issues that have come up, right back to the car accident last month. Morale has been spotty.

I've got all the laundry under way, last load washing. save some other non-related clothes I'll get to later or tonight. All their bedding is changed and washed, all stuffed toys sealed up for two weeks (this broke Amelia's heart, her beloved Wolf stuffie is gone for a bit.) DW did the treatments and combed/hunted through their hair. Girls in bed finally, still lots to do though. We both took tomorrow off to deal.

Man, that really sounds like a pain in the Beverly. Sending prayers to you and the girls!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #2242
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Morning guys

CJ, prayers for the pirate princess

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 6/18/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 09-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #2243
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Morning guys

CJ, prayers for the pirate princess
I actually thought I would be up before you. Morning!
DIS Dad #400

Old 09-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #2244
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Quote:

Dude that sux! Being a father of two long haired girls myself, I can feel your pain. Also, the schools aren't allowed to release the names of anyone, all that they are supposed to say is that there has been a case in the school. Let me know if you need to vent, I'm here for ya!

Quote:
Had a bit of a scare the last couple of days. DD experienced some speech and motor problems. She went to the Infirmary and they referred her to a neurologist who saw her today.

He thinks it is related to her migraines combined with school related stress. She had a Cat scan last year when she had the eye problem which was clean, so he is holding off doing another for now. He prescribed a drug that should counter it. After a while they will wean her off the medication. Hopeful that it works. We are both breathing a little easier for now.

Really tough when you kid is sick and you aren't there to do anything about it. She handled it like a trooper.
Glad Pirate Princess handled it well. As a fellow sufferer of migraines, I can certainly understand the pain. I think my longest headache was in the Navy, I'm pretty sure it lasted around 3 weeks. It got so bad my teeth were hurting. I dont miss those days at all. Hope everything works out well for her.

Morning guys! Seems its been quite eventful in here since yesterday morning. Anyway, happy Tuesday.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628

Last edited by 10dedfish; 09-18-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:52 AM   #2245
moose615
DIS Veteran

Good morning guys, everything's good here, hope all is well with everyone, prayers go out to those who aren't doing so well
Old 09-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #2246
theduck619
DDC 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I actually thought I would be up before you. Morning!
It's back to the real world for the Duck

DisDad Member #188

Old 09-18-2012, 06:23 AM   #2247
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
It's back to the real world for the Duck
Meh, the real world is over rated!

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 09-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #2248
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Morning Gents!

I hope everyone and their kids are doing better this morning. Stay strong.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #2249
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:

Quote:
Prayers...

Peanut Buttering Beverly.....

NOT going to be a good week. Manager just got news he's been promoted, so he's gone, being replaced with a guy with a big rep for making people miserable. Long list of grievences with the union etc.

Got home to find out both kids caught lice again. Now I've got a long night of cleaning to do.

I am not a happy camper right now.
Sorry, guys. Prayers for both of you. Neither situation sounds like much fun.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #2250
theduck619
DDC 188

Brent, sorry to hear about the kiddo's and the job. Prayers your way buddy!

DisDad Member #188

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: