Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #2206
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I just started training this weekend.. Nagging illnesses and injuries have kept me on the shelf until now. I couldn't even run 3 miles on Saturday without taking a few walk breaks. I'll head back out today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
I have to start training again. I fell off the wagon, and it really affected my energy level last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Training is great a helping with the I'm-not-still-at -WDW-where-it's-80-degrees blues.
I'll probably take a week off, and then get back at it. As much as it pains me to say this, my nemesis is right; training for the marathon helps me think about why i'm training, which is to go back to wdw and run there!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #2207
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post

Brilliant!!!
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #2208
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Brilliant!!!
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
It looks like I happened to be on line when you took the picture of your monitor!!
Yeah your were on the screen when I brought it up to the thread.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #2209
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Had a bit of a scare the last couple of days. DD experienced some speech and motor problems. She went to the Infirmary and they referred her to a neurologist who saw her today.

He thinks it is related to her migraines combined with school related stress. She had a Cat scan last year when she had the eye problem which was clean, so he is holding off doing another for now. He prescribed a drug that should counter it. After a while they will wean her off the medication. Hopeful that it works. We are both breathing a little easier for now.

Really tough when you kid is sick and you aren't there to do anything about it. She handled it like a trooper.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #2210
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Had a bit of a scare the last couple of days. DD experienced some speech and motor problems. She went to the Infirmary and they referred her to a neurologist who saw her today.

He thinks it is related to her migraines combined with school related stress. She had a Cat scan last year when she had the eye problem which was clean, so he is holding off doing another for now. He prescribed a drug that should counter it. After a while they will wean her off the medication. Hopeful that it works. We are both breathing a little easier for now.

Really tough when you kid is sick and you aren't there to do anything about it. She handled it like a trooper.
Certainly will kepp her in prayer!!! I am sure it is very hard to be far away while she is sick.
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 09-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #2211
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Got a busy schedule going. It only gets worse. You can just blame yourself for it. I have DW blamed for signing dds up for everything. Add another $120 for fall/spring performance dance tickets.

You will be better off than I will. 19 more days. My ankle feels fine and back is getting better. Still, there is no time to be ready. Thankfully, we're doing the Halloweeen parties, so I may be able to survive with the night temps.
I blame myself and her daycare for offering cool extra activities, and we will get you through on of the parties at least lol but I'm glad it's feeling better
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200

We will keep y'all in our prayers!

I picked DD up today and they did "my family" booklets and she did pictures of daddy ( yours truly), sister, aunt, grandma and papa. Who was missing? Her mom, I don't know how to react to that, she hasn't seen her in roughly 5 months, she will talk about things she use to do with her mom but she really doesn't talk about her much.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #2212
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:

Prayers...

Peanut Buttering Beverly.....

NOT going to be a good week. Manager just got news he's been promoted, so he's gone, being replaced with a guy with a big rep for making people miserable. Long list of grievences with the union etc.

Got home to find out both kids caught lice again. Now I've got a long night of cleaning to do.

I am not a happy camper right now.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 09-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #2213
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200

Wow CJ...that has to be tough with her being so far from you. I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers. I hope the worst is behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy

Prayers...

NOT going to be a good week. Manager just got news he's been promoted, so he's gone, being replaced with a guy with a big rep for making people miserable. Long list of grievences with the union etc.

Got home to find out both kids caught lice again. Now I've got a long night of cleaning to do.

Prayers for you and your young-in's too!

Too much bad news around here tonight!

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 09-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #2214
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post

Take note to the ingredients on the left!
yuck! Peanuts...

Quote:

Praying for you and your pirate princess. Migraines and head issues are no fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Prayers...

Bummer on both accounts. Lice are the pits.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 09-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #2215
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Here are a couple videos from the last trip.

Go Pro on Everest Part 1

Go Pro on Everest 2nd half

Stroller vision in Epcot

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 09-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #2216
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
yuck! Peanuts...
I was more on yuck human flesh!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #2217
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

Prayers for her. That has to be difficult to be that far away, but another step into adulthood. Did you gt a refundable plane ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
I blame myself and her daycare for offering cool extra activities, and we will get you through on of the parties at least lol but I'm glad it's feeling better
DW wants me to get an electric cart. I ain't in that bad of shape yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
I picked DD up today and they did "my family" booklets and she did pictures of daddy ( yours truly), sister, aunt, grandma and papa. Who was missing? Her mom, I don't know how to react to that, she hasn't seen her in roughly 5 months, she will talk about things she use to do with her mom but she really doesn't talk about her much.
I hate to hear that for her, but she will one day ask about and want to go find her mother. Just be ready. I'm all for being honest with kids, but they can only handle so much information at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post

Not a good week for you. Prayers you make it through it.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #2218
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
It looks like I happened to be on line when you took the picture of your monitor!!
Not all the pictures can be great ones.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 09-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #2219
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Not all the pictures can be great ones.
ok now wiseguy!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 09-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #2220
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
ok now wiseguy!
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: