Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #2161
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

49 days here, guess thats not too bad since we have only been home for 23 days
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #2162
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
We went to a wedding reception last night in Louisville. DW's cousin got married in Hawaii and had the reception on a dinner cruise. It was also an open bar.

Overlooking the water.

We went under some of the bridges over the Ohio river. This was th best night short I could gt with my phone.

We had a really fun time. They had beef, fish, rice, and vegetables for dinner, hot wings as appetizer, and a few cake for dessert - I had red velvet and serval Coronas. I really enjoy being on the water. I thought about a mutiny, but didn't have my nemesis there for help.
Sweet boat! DD looks like she was enjoying herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post

great meet buddy!!! what a great guy a family!!! randall you made my vacation! hopefully we can meet up again before we both head home.

Nice pics guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
n.

You gave me an idea. Maybe at the DDC we should try to over the Grand 1. I could borrow Crash's eye patch and I have a Disney sword from Cindy's breakfast. Anyone with me? Arrrrg.
I wanted to rent the Grand 1 for the DDC convention. I was planning on paying with our DDC lotto group winnings.

Quote:
Home from soccer. Another easy win. Youngest dd had grandparents there to watch her score a goal day, which she thought was such a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Evening guys.

9 days...
Happy single digits!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #2163
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Video of Chip from Garden Grill
Our waiter at Ohana gave us one of the light up ice cubes for our kids to play with. It became something the characters to interact with at other meals.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 09-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #2164
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Home from soccer. Another easy win. Youngest dd had grandparents there to watch her score a goal day, which she thought was such a big deal.

Cool, always nice to have the family there.

My game ended in a 1 - 1 tie. I think we hit three posts and their back made 2 or three stops on the line. Frustrating it was.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #2165
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post

My game ended in a 1 - 1 tie. I think we hit three posts and their back made 2 or three stops on the line. Frustrating it was.
That's a tough one.

Just got back from my first game of the fall/winter hockey season. Lost a really tough game tonight 4-3. Tight, back and forth game and we were missing our best player and a couple other players. The worst part - nobody brought beer and the bar at the rink was closed.

On a semi-happy note, my son's Mite Hockey team got their first win today, although the game was completely unfair. They won 27-1 or something like that. His coach was telling the kids not to shoot and to keep passing it around, but at some point the kids had to shoot when they are standing in front of the goal all alone with the puck and everything was going in. We all felt bad, but there was not much more they could do about it.

The kids have off from school Monday and Tuesday for Rosh Hashanah. At the ice rink on Wednesday, they will be celebrating Talk Like a Pirate Day. There will be gifts and prizes and dozens of figure skaters and hockey players dressed like pirates. It should be hilarious.
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(43), DW(43), DD(10), DS(8)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan.

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:33 AM   #2166
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Monday Morning Ownage!

Morning guys!

Its time to make the donuts, came in early today to try and get some extraneous paperwork done. Being 1 of the 2 people in the office who continually have to produce some work kinda sux after a while.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 AM   #2167
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Morning guys. At the airport, heading away for the week on business...

Quote:
9 days?
8 now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Hey there Nemesis! How's marathon training going?
It's going ok... Ran in a 200 mile relay this weekend, my total distance was 19 miles. Hurting now, but I should be good for Jan... How's you training going?

If I was any kind of a nemesis I'd train enough to run 2 steps behind you the whole race, and trip you right before the finish, preferably in front of the choir!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:11 AM   #2168
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Morning guys

Back to the real world. We had a wonderful week and really enjoyed meeting Ryan, Dave and Randall.

All are great guys!

DisDad Member #188

We're adopting!! Updated - 4/12/14! Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 09-17-2012, 05:53 AM   #2169
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Morning guys

Back to the real world. We had a wonderful week and really enjoyed meeting Ryan, Dave and Randall.

All are great guys!
good morning dave! it was great meeting up with you guys also! hope the girls got alot of cool pins!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Last edited by dvczerfs; 09-17-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:56 AM   #2170
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Morning guys. At the airport, heading away for the week on business...

8 now.

It's going ok... Ran in a 200 mile relay this weekend, my total distance was 19 miles. Hurting now, but I should be good for Jan... How's you training going?

If I was any kind of a nemesis I'd train enough to run 2 steps behind you the whole race, and trip you right before the finish, preferably in front of the choir!
will you be dinning at no touch!!! ?

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 09-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #2171
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

i didnt go back, norm, did you buy a boat?

cool way for a wedding reception.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #2172
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Morning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Monday Morning Ownage!

Morning guys!

Its time to make the donuts, came in early today to try and get some extraneous paperwork done. Being 1 of the 2 people in the office who continually have to produce some work kinda sux after a while.

Matt
You had me at donuts....
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 09-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #2173
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Good morning guys, another Monday has come.

Not as hectic this week for me, only one meeting scheduled so far and that is today. We are getting ready for our Sports Day in Canada event on the 29th so that should take up some time.

Have a good one!
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 09-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #2174
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Sweet boat! DD looks like she was enjoying herself.
:
She loves the water - boat, pool, or ocean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post

Frustrating. A tie is still better than a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
That's a tough one.

Just got back from my first game of the fall/winter hockey season. Lost a really tough game tonight 4-3. Tight, back and forth game and we were missing our best player and a couple other players. The worst part - nobody brought beer and the bar at the rink was closed.

On a semi-happy note, my son's Mite Hockey team got their first win today, although the game was completely unfair. They won 27-1 or something like that. His coach was telling the kids not to shoot and to keep passing it around, but at some point the kids had to shoot when they are standing in front of the goal all alone with the puck and everything was going in. We all felt bad, but there was not much more they could do about it. .
You didn't get locked out? Congrats on son's game. I try not to run up the score on other teams, but it's just natural to shoot on goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post

Matt
A note from uppermanagement. We will continue to play the other lackeys the same or more money for sitting on their butt while you produce extra work.

Quote:
That's just mean. Been coaching Nancy Kerigan again?

Quote:
i didnt go back, norm, did you buy a boat?

cool way for a wedding reception.
I could only wish.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #2175
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
That's a tough one.

On a semi-happy note, my son's Mite Hockey team got their first win today, although the game was completely unfair. They won 27-1 or something like that. His coach was telling the kids not to shoot and to keep passing it around, but at some point the kids had to shoot when they are standing in front of the goal all alone with the puck and everything was going in. We all felt bad, but there was not much more they could do about it.

The kids have off from school Monday and Tuesday for Rosh Hashanah. At the ice rink on Wednesday, they will be celebrating Talk Like a Pirate Day. There will be gifts and prizes and dozens of figure skaters and hockey players dressed like pirates. It should be hilarious.
You guys need to get organized or the season will be going down the tubes fast.

Sounds like your rink could be an interesting on Wednesday.

Shana Tova to you. (I hope that is the correct greeting)

me dw (pooksma) ds

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: