Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #2056
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Friday night ownage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
Well, I may as well come on here and own it. My Bears stunk it up big time tonight. The only thing that salvaged the evening was seeing one of our buddies suffer through an hour long back and forth with a sweet, young lady before finally getting the assist from another friend to get her number. He is recently 'back in the game' after 12 years.
I could smell them from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Great to see her get in to it. Soccer is a great game for young kids and it is fun to watch them play. It always reminds me of a swarm of bees moving around the field with the ball in the middle. Every now and then one bee will drop out to check out a flower on the field before joining back in.
Agreed. Even better as they get older and learn to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
Bacon
Any other thoughts. Shipments to my mailbox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I play occasionally still. My shoulder won't let me play competitively any more. I did try out in college but I had not picked up a racquet all summer because I was working so much. The results are what you would expect.
I'm to in good enough shape to play competitively, but I still get there with a few friends (non Dis dads). I'll play someone new occasionally, who always thnk they have an easy win because of my size. They get ticked when I beat them.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion

Last edited by AirGoofy; 09-14-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #2057
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Leave IASW alone. I like the ride as is.

It doesn't get any cheaper. $1000 for dance a year for one child.

Good planning.

Glad things are moving forward in the right direction.

I could live with MK being alcohol free, but for me, I can't vote against alcohol. It's a rule from of my catholic classes
And I thought 100 for soccer was bad lol,maybe I should be glad DD didn't want to do tap anymore

Either way the alcohol thing doesn't bother me, I can go to a park and not drink but if I'm having dinner at BOG then I may or may not have a beer
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #2058
moose615
DIS Veteran

Ok y'all may call me crazy but I'm thinking about booking a long weekend trip to DL at the end of Oct, does anyone know if 2 park days and a Halloween party night is enough to see pretty much all there is to see? I have free round trip tix, I was thinking about going during dec, but trying to decide if the fireworks are worth going earlier( big NBC fan) I know HM is the same through Halloween and Christmas so the fireworks is the determining factor of when we go, any ideas or thoughts?
Old 09-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #2059
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
And I thought 100 for soccer was bad lol,maybe I should be glad DD didn't want to do tap anymore

Either way the alcohol thing doesn't bother me, I can go to a park and not drink but if I'm having dinner at BOG then I may or may not have a beer
That includes, lessons, costumes, and all them shoes. Still

Quote:
Ok y'all may call me crazy but I'm thinking about booking a long weekend trip to DL at the end of Oct, does anyone know if 2 park days and a Halloween party night is enough to see pretty much all there is to see? I have free round trip tix, I was thinking about going during dec, but trying to decide if the fireworks are worth going earlier( big NBC fan) I know HM is the same through Halloween and Christmas so the fireworks is the determining factor of when we go, any ideas or thoughts?
This October? Aren't you meeting me in WDW this October. Did you hit the lotto?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 09-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #2060
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That includes, lessons, costumes, and all them shoes. Still

This October? Aren't you meeting me in WDW this October. Did you hit the lotto?
Lol no, yes def meeting in wdw, I think if I do DL with DD I might do Dec, would love to see the light and HM holiday will still be going, I have 2 rd trip flights so just thinking how to use it, but all I've looked at is expensive, 2 day stay and park tix is about the same as our 4 night stay and park tix at wdw,
Old 09-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #2061
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Lol no, yes def meeting in wdw, I think if I do DL with DD I might do Dec, would love to see the light and HM holiday will still be going, I have 2 rd trip flights so just thinking how to use it, but all I've looked at is expensive, 2 day stay and park tix is about the same as our 4 night stay and park tix at wdw,
DL is many years away for us.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 09-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #2062
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:

DL is many years away for us.
Starting to think it is for me too, but I wanna see HM holidays so bad lol
Old 09-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #2063
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Starting to think it is for me too, but I wanna see HM holidays so bad lol
Well. I want to go to Aulani too.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 09-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #2064
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well. I want to go to Aulani too.
Would love to go there too, will be awhile, went to Hawaii as a kid and all I remember is that it's the first place I ate and fell in love with sushi so I would like DD to experience more of Hawaii then I did
Old 09-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #2065
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Dads,

I have a special request of you this evening...tomorrow morning Shari and I have to meet with school officials at 830 to discuss Ethan's testing for his IEP due to his dyslexia. They have been doing all sorts of testing on him since the start of school and they are now wanting to go over the results with us. We have been told by the principal who has been through this with her own child) to prepare ourselves to hear things that we do not want to here, and that we will more than likely feel as though we are in front of a firing squad. She also said that this will take upwards of 2 hours to go over the information that has been gathered. Say a prayer for us that maybe it wont be as hurtful to hear the things they will say and that we will be able to use the information to help Ethan and get him whatever help it takes to make him feel good about himself (he has a very low self esteem) and learn at the same level and speed as the other children. I know that we have a prayer and praise thread but I wanted to bring it here instead where I feel the traffic might be greater. Thanks guys!!!
Yes, PPT's can feel like a firing squad. But they get easier and having a good support team makes a world of difference. Hope this went well my friend.
Chris DisDad#403
Me DW DS(15) DS(14) DD(12)

As Kid: 1978 & 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel -
Dec 2008 GF/Poly - Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF -
June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT - Feb 2012 AKL -
Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Mar 2015 GF VC
Old 09-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #2066
DisDadDoc
DDC #403

Quote:
Thanks guys for all the prayers!! I know they helped because the news we got was expected but still shocking to know the severity of it. They showed us the test results and each of them displayed the same information. One thing I did not know was that he has developed avoidance techniques when he comes across something he can not do. He is trying to cover up so that others might not realize he is struggling. I guess during one of the tests when it came to a writing part of the exam he dropped his pencil over and over as a way of just trying to not have to deal with it. We had to sign papers for the change in curriculum and they will be taking him out of his normal class room for reading writing and math to have more time and a different way to teaching things to him. There were all very nice and have his bet interests at heart. They kept saying that they could help him. I honestly feel like a burden has been lifted!! We have another meeting with them on the 28th not sure what that will be about but I dont think it will be quite as stressful as this one was. We had the principal, teacher, speech pathologist, couselor, reading interventionalist, and writing interventionalist all in there with there packets of infor laying it out to us! Whew! I am glad it is over, but evenmore glad that we can help him!!!
That's great news, Steve. It gets better
Chris DisDad#403

Old 09-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #2067
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Not all of my photos are guest free:

Have a great night my friends. I wasn't about to turn in but I was playing with the dogs on the floor and then next thing you know I was asleep with two puppies curled up with me.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #2068
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Just watched Cars 2 for the first time. What a great movie!
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #2069
DisDadDoc
DDC #403

Nice pic, Don!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Just watched Cars 2 for the first time. What a great movie!
Agree! Got some bad reviews but I really enjoyed it. Not every Pixar movie needs to be a cry fest. Some can be fun, too!

Watching Remembering the Titans myself. A great movie.
Chris DisDad#403

Old 09-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #2070
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I hear you. In the past month or so, I've plopped down a benjamin on soccer, almost a ben and a half on theater class, and just short of a ben on swimming lessons. Now that I look back at it, I just spent $300 to tie up almost every week night from now until the snow flies.
Why are you complaining? Isn't the snow going to by flying there in a week or two?

Quote:
Thanks guys for all the prayers!! I know they helped because the news we got was expected but still shocking to know the severity of it. They showed us the test results and each of them displayed the same information. One thing I did not know was that he has developed avoidance techniques when he comes across something he can not do. He is trying to cover up so that others might not realize he is struggling. I guess during one of the tests when it came to a writing part of the exam he dropped his pencil over and over as a way of just trying to not have to deal with it. We had to sign papers for the change in curriculum and they will be taking him out of his normal class room for reading writing and math to have more time and a different way to teaching things to him. There were all very nice and have his bet interests at heart. They kept saying that they could help him. I honestly feel like a burden has been lifted!! We have another meeting with them on the 28th not sure what that will be about but I dont think it will be quite as stressful as this one was. We had the principal, teacher, speech pathologist, couselor, reading interventionalist, and writing interventionalist all in there with there packets of infor laying it out to us! Whew! I am glad it is over, but evenmore glad that we can help him!!!
AWESOME to hear he is getting the help he needs. They sound to be very proactive which is great!
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: