Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #2011
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Thursday Night Ownage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Good night gentleman!

Very cool
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #2012
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Well, I may as well come on here and own it. My Bears stunk it up big time tonight. The only thing that salvaged the evening was seeing one of our buddies suffer through an hour long back and forth with a sweet, young lady before finally getting the assist from another friend to get her number. He is recently 'back in the game' after 12 years.
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #2013
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Oh and late last night, they finally made an arrest in the murder of my mother in laws cousin. Pretty stoked about that!

Matt
I think I missed that. Very sorry to hear that happened. I hope they got the right person and that justice is served!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Top of the morning fella's

Off to see MK today, have a good one
Hope you had a great day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Yesterday was migrane and headache free....not sure about today though. I'm thinking stress and lack of sleep are big factors.

Taking the youngest to a walk-in clinic this morning, she's been having some issues that need to be looked at. This is going to be a long day.
Hope it wasn't too long of a day. hopefully headache free too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Did someone say GOOD Morning?

Woke up to this...

Apparently the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD was slashed!!!!
ugh. What a Beverly! At least they got everybody!! You've got universal tire-slashing too???

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
Old 09-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #2014
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
And my wife stopped laughing at my "pull my finger" jokes years ago, but I know you guys will still appreciate them.
I thought that was why we went and had kids...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Wow - that was freakin' sweet....just Facetime'd with Dave (Zerfs), live from Adventureland!

So cool to see the park nearly empty this morning!

I need to go down there during a slower time of year.

Thanks Dave for taking me along with you for a few minutes this morning!
which bathroom was he in? the one in the breezeway to Frontierland, or down by POTC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
We had a deep freeze that we kept out in a workshop that I have off the side of our garage. It isn't a room we go into everyday, so we apparently took a few days to discover that the freezer died. Considering the fact that there was about a foot of some kind of brownish liquid in the bottom and all kinds of spoiled food, I had to do something about it. When I opened the lid, the smell made me want to hurl. With that, I give you the redneck's guide to cleaning out a freezer.

I picked it up, hauled it to the woods and dumped the rotten stuff out. I left it back there for a few days to air out, but I brought it back up to the house last night so they can pick it up when they bring our new freezer. I wanted to see exactly how small I could crush this thing, but I figured I should leave it somewhat close to it's normal shape so that they actually will take it.

This time we're getting an upright that will go inside the house for closer observation.

I'm just glad it happened when it did. We have a 1/4 of beef to pick up at the meat locker this weekend.
I guess that's one way to do it.

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!

Old 09-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #2015
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Wait a sec, wait a sec, wait a sec. Something's not right here. Those knife slits are clearly at the TOP of the tire, yet it's flat on the BOTTOM. Somethings fishy, but I can't quite put my finger on it.....
It's Canada... rivers flow south to north, toilet bowl water circles in the opposite direction when you flush, etc...

oh wait, that's Australia.

DISDad #644

Old 09-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #2016
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Happy Friday Peeps!!

Already at my desk, have a huge amount of stuff to get done and no time to do it in. Pretty sure I'm gonna leave early today, already have 45 hours for the week.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 09-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #2017
moose615
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone, hope all is well, earlier this week I asked my DD if she wanted to play soccer ( her daycare is doing a 10 week season through soccer shots) she told me no on Monday well soccer shots came out and let all the kids play soccer on wed welllll now she loves it and I just threw down a Benjamin on her registration ( so long WDW stuff haha jk) I've always tried to encourage her to do stuff like that so I'm glad she's now wanting to play, I only wish I could see it, they do it an hour before I get off work so I'm going to have to plan a vac day around it or work it out where I get off early one day
Old 09-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #2018
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
Well, I may as well come on here and own it. My Bears stunk it up big time tonight. The only thing that salvaged the evening was seeing one of our buddies suffer through an hour long back and forth with a sweet, young lady before finally getting the assist from another friend to get her number. He is recently 'back in the game' after 12 years.
That was brutal. I just wish Cutler wouldn't have given the GB dfense so many fantasy points.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #2019
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:

Did he get fantasy points for that score?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #2020
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Good morning everyone, hope all is well, earlier this week I asked my DD if she wanted to play soccer ( her daycare is doing a 10 week season through soccer shots) she told me no on Monday well soccer shots came out and let all the kids play soccer on wed welllll now she loves it and I just threw down a Benjamin on her registration ( so long WDW stuff haha jk) I've always tried to encourage her to do stuff like that so I'm glad she's now wanting to play, I only wish I could see it, they do it an hour before I get off work so I'm going to have to plan a vac day around it or work it out where I get off early one day

Great to see her get in to it. Soccer is a great game for young kids and it is fun to watch them play. It always reminds me of a swarm of bees moving around the field with the ball in the middle. Every now and then one bee will drop out to check out a flower on the field before joining back in.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #2021
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Just thought I'd stop in and tell you about the terrible day ahead of me. About to leave work in half hour or so to play in a golf outing. Free beer and golf, don't know what I'll do with that. Then afterwards the plan is to spend the evening with my buddies at BW3 watching the Bears game. It's going to be a rough one.
not sure how your golfing went, but as for the rest... OUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
My path will go something like this: Learn about DVC from relatives, BWV, beg wife, offsite, plead with wife, OKW, long pause, rich relative dies, buy DVC.
I didn't have a rich relative, so I had to do it differently.

Quote:
Does that mean you normally stay in studios? We stayed in one a few years ago and thought it was pretty cramped and that was with only two of our kids. If I were to do this, I'd have my eye on 2BR stays and estimate my needs at at least 200 points annually. Hence the barrier to entry.
you didn't ask this to me, but, we stay in studios and although we said this was our last year to do that, we may do it again next year as well. we have 160 and I'd like to eventually get 50 more to make things more comfortable for us as the kids get bigger and require more space.

Quote:
I would have poked my head in here on Tuesday to see what you were all talking about, but I was... on a plane. DW was a little nervous, but I obviously made it. My friends spent the day swapping stories and posting photos about our good friend Doug who died that day. We have a weird group of friends. We've all been together since high school, went off to separate colleges and came back to Richmond and stayed close the whole way. Doug did that too for a while and then moved to NYC but we still saw him often. Funniest guy I ever knew and that's not just the kind of hyperbole you save for after someone's gone.

It would freak me out to hear those. The last thing my friend did was get under his desk, call his mom to say the building just shook and that he loved her. Then the line went dead.
sorry about your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Now Bob Sagat, there is a guy that isn't funny.
it's weird, because his stand-up is not "family friendly" and yet, he is known for family tv like America's funniest crotch videos and "full house".

DISDad #644

Old 09-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #2022
baseballmickey
DDC #644

good morning!!

was catching up last night and literally fell asleep at the computer!!

just dropped off DD at school, taking DS to the "gym" so he can run around a bit.

happy friday!!

DISDad #644

Old 09-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #2023
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Thursday Night Ownage.

Very cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Another awesome shot
Thanks Dads! Good morning by the way all!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #2024
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Dads,

I have a special request of you this evening...tomorrow morning Shari and I have to meet with school officials at 830 to discuss Ethan's testing for his IEP due to his dyslexia. They have been doing all sorts of testing on him since the start of school and they are now wanting to go over the results with us. We have been told by the principal who has been through this with her own child) to prepare ourselves to hear things that we do not want to here, and that we will more than likely feel as though we are in front of a firing squad. She also said that this will take upwards of 2 hours to go over the information that has been gathered. Say a prayer for us that maybe it wont be as hurtful to hear the things they will say and that we will be able to use the information to help Ethan and get him whatever help it takes to make him feel good about himself (he has a very low self esteem) and learn at the same level and speed as the other children. I know that we have a prayer and praise thread but I wanted to bring it here instead where I feel the traffic might be greater. Thanks guys!!!
Steve, praying for you guys and Ethan. Let us know how it goes.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #2025
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad

Great to see her get in to it. Soccer is a great game for young kids and it is fun to watch them play. It always reminds me of a swarm of bees moving around the field with the ball in the middle. Every now and then one bee will drop out to check out a flower on the field before joining back in.
Lol that's why I'm bummed that I'm going to miss most of it

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: