Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #1996
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

gooood evening!!!
ive been doing my running trip report in the pub but just wanted to let you guys know. face to face is hard to do in the parks. as long as you stand still its great. i was on twice today with scott.
nate and i also did tango. tango works great. he was on for a good 10-15 min. took the bus ride with us tonight back to okw. sorry nate we left so early.
the tango ap is free and it works on iphones and others also. if you need a fix, shoot me a text and we can hook up. i stayed on long with nate to see how well it worked and it work great. it did drain my battery pretty good but we were heading back. anyone intrested, i can show you whats going on live.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #1997
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella

You got Steve, tell Ethan the Dads are behind him!
Agreed
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #1998
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Bacon
Old 09-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #1999
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Reminds me... one of my kids old "Thomas the Tank Engine" videos was narrated by George Carlin. Had to watch that one first just to make sure he didn't burst out into a string of F-bombs.

George was actually a good narrator. Wonder if he's figured out there is a God yet?
I did the same thing.

I am/was a huge George Carlin fan. My son was a huge Thomas fan. I have to say I preferred the episodes George narrated.

And...I bet he has.
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #2000
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Dads,

I have a special request of you this evening...tomorrow morning Shari and I have to meet with school officials at 830 to discuss Ethan's testing for his IEP due to his dyslexia. They have been doing all sorts of testing on him since the start of school and they are now wanting to go over the results with us. We have been told by the principal who has been through this with her own child) to prepare ourselves to hear things that we do not want to here, and that we will more than likely feel as though we are in front of a firing squad. She also said that this will take upwards of 2 hours to go over the information that has been gathered. Say a prayer for us that maybe it wont be as hurtful to hear the things they will say and that we will be able to use the information to help Ethan and get him whatever help it takes to make him feel good about himself (he has a very low self esteem) and learn at the same level and speed as the other children. I know that we have a prayer and praise thread but I wanted to bring it here instead where I feel the traffic might be greater. Thanks guys!!!
Done.
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #2001
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen

I did the same thing.

I am/was a huge George Carlin fan. My son was a huge Thomas fan. I have to say I preferred the episodes George narrated.

And...I bet he has.
I was rather partial to Ringo.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #2002
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Quote:
Dads,

I have a special request of you this evening...tomorrow morning Shari and I have to meet with school officials at 830 to discuss Ethan's testing for his IEP due to his dyslexia. They have been doing all sorts of testing on him since the start of school and they are now wanting to go over the results with us. We have been told by the principal who has been through this with her own child) to prepare ourselves to hear things that we do not want to here, and that we will more than likely feel as though we are in front of a firing squad. She also said that this will take upwards of 2 hours to go over the information that has been gathered. Say a prayer for us that maybe it wont be as hurtful to hear the things they will say and that we will be able to use the information to help Ethan and get him whatever help it takes to make him feel good about himself (he has a very low self esteem) and learn at the same level and speed as the other children. I know that we have a prayer and praise thread but I wanted to bring it here instead where I feel the traffic might be greater. Thanks guys!!!
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,8)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 09-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #2003
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Dads,

Prayers going out
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #2004
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Good night gentleman!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #2005
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch
Good night gentleman!
Good night... I love seeing the spotlights in the studios. Another great shot!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #2006
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Good night gentleman!

I want to be a CM just to be able to get these GREAT shots
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #2007
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Good night... I love seeing the spotlights in the studios. Another great shot!
Thanks Catch ya all on the AM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I want to be a CM just to be able to get these GREAT shots
Yeah its all about who you know and who is working that night! Thanks!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #2008
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Dads,

Done
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 09-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #2009
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I played tennis thru High School as well - probably by best sport. I never tried out for college team, don't think I was that good, but I still play occasionally.
I play occasionally still. My shoulder won't let me play competitively any more. I did try out in college but I had not picked up a racquet all summer because I was working so much. The results are what you would expect.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA

Last edited by Twin Dad; 09-14-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #2010
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Dads,

Prayers and thoughts going Ethan's way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Good night gentleman!

Another awesome shot

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: