Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #1981
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Dads,

I have a special request of you this evening...tomorrow morning Shari and I have to meet with school officials at 830 to discuss Ethan's testing for his IEP due to his dyslexia. They have been doing all sorts of testing on him since the start of school and they are now wanting to go over the results with us. We have been told by the principal who has been through this with her own child) to prepare ourselves to hear things that we do not want to here, and that we will more than likely feel as though we are in front of a firing squad. She also said that this will take upwards of 2 hours to go over the information that has been gathered. Say a prayer for us that maybe it wont be as hurtful to hear the things they will say and that we will be able to use the information to help Ethan and get him whatever help it takes to make him feel good about himself (he has a very low self esteem) and learn at the same level and speed as the other children. I know that we have a prayer and praise thread but I wanted to bring it here instead where I feel the traffic might be greater. Thanks guys!!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 09-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #1982
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Dads,

I have a special request of you this evening...tomorrow morning Shari and I have to meet with school officials at 830 to discuss Ethan's testing for his IEP due to his dyslexia. They have been doing all sorts of testing on him since the start of school and they are now wanting to go over the results with us. We have been told by the principal who has been through this with her own child) to prepare ourselves to hear things that we do not want to here, and that we will more than likely feel as though we are in front of a firing squad. She also said that this will take upwards of 2 hours to go over the information that has been gathered. Say a prayer for us that maybe it wont be as hurtful to hear the things they will say and that we will be able to use the information to help Ethan and get him whatever help it takes to make him feel good about himself (he has a very low self esteem) and learn at the same level and speed as the other children. I know that we have a prayer and praise thread but I wanted to bring it here instead where I feel the traffic might be greater. Thanks guys!!!
You got Steve, tell Ethan the Dads are behind him!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #1983
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Dads,

Will have you all in our thoughts and prayers....

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 09-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #1984
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

The Grandkids are over they found this flying overhead:

Old 09-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #1985
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Dads,

You bet Steve....and good luck!

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 09-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #1987
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Dads,

I'm on it.

And just keep remembering you hear things that will help.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #1988
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post

Are you letting them keep it?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #1989
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Are you letting them keep it?
Nope, they never take care of their toys.

Last edited by Cinderella's Fella; 09-14-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #1990
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028
Dads,

Sure thing Steve. Hoping for the best!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #1991
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Dads,

Prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post

Cool. I want one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post

I think we are. We talked about it more last night, and we're really excited to see her reaction! I'll give it a shot...
I have not recorded any part of our lives. Maybe I should have, but I just never really got into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Word is it was about 100 cars... that got slashed.

Apparently there is some video out there.
Stinks. Sorry to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
. Not sure I would want a Corona after a game though. I can never figure out the guys in my softball league that drink before and after the games. The last thing I want when I'm hot and sweaty is a beer.
t.
I used to drink beer before, during, and after the softball game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I enjoyed reading through the discussion of online friendships. No surprise that this group would be in favor of them.

I tend to be cautious online, especially given the fact that I work in a public position. The fact that this group is as open as it is, and can talk about just about any subject without devolving into flame wars is a minor miracle, in my opinion. Maybe the love of Disney and family just seems to attract a certain kind of person.
up2
I guess it's that whole Disney magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
We had a deep freeze that we kept out in a workshop that I have off the side of our garage. It isn't a room we go into everyday, so we apparently took a few days to discover that the freezer died. Considering the fact that there was about a foot of some kind of brownish liquid in the bottom and all kinds of spoiled food, I had to do something about it. When I opened the lid, the smell made me want to hurl. With that, I give you the redneck's guide to cleaning out a freezer.
That is really freakin cool.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #1992
moose615
DIS Veteran

Steve, you have my thoughts and prayers , I know it won't be easy to hear things about your child, just try to be calm
Old 09-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #1993
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
To quite Schwarzenegger: It's not a tum-ah!"

Yesterday was migrane and headache free....not sure about today though. I'm thinking stress and lack of sleep are big factors..
Glad you feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
You and Norm have me really longing for my coaching days. I've coached 3 seasons of soccer and 7 seasons of tennis. I really miss it but there was no one to watch the kids this season so I had to give it up.
I played tennis thru High School as well - probably by best sport. I never tried out for college team, don't think I was that good, but I still play occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Yep, the $399 is a great price…
It's the funds needed for the DVC membership that I want but don’t have the disposable bucks for.
But, it's $400 times 4. While it is a good deal, it is more than we can spend.

Quote:

I started to play soccer again 3 years ago in a masters league. It has been great fun.
Would like to play again. I can't find an old and fat league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
Good Luck!! I married a planner and it takes all the fun out of surprises!! Hopefully your DD isn't an extreme planner yet and can still appreciate your surprise!! (If she doesn't, maybe she can appreciate all the planning that went into surprising her )
I am the planner when it comes to money and budgets, but just figure it out as I go most everywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Move in anytime Norm. All you have to do is watch the dogs while I am away..
I have it writing. I get a free house, free spending money, free food, and free parties and just have to watch the dog. Can you throw in college tuition and a retirement account? I'm on my way.

Quote:
Nate's buying DoleWhips for everyone??? What a guy!! :
I think he has the maker at his house. The commute may get you.

Quote:
Congrats on the win! Should I tell DD the proper term is "Keeper"? She really likes being the "Goalie".
Teach her striker as well.

Quote:
Evening guys, had another soccer win tonight, our keeper posted a clean sheet with a 2 - 0 over the team that we both played for last year. Now I sitting here putting all the calories back on my body by drinking a nice cold Corona.
Good win.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #1994
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Dads,

Prayers going out.....
Old 09-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #1995
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dads,

our prayers are with you guys steve!! briana had an iep all through school. 2nd grade on. we had meetings every year and the first one they went over her testing results. you are looking at correctly. there not putting him down, they are just finding a starting point to help him. they have to find out whats wrong before they can "treat" him. they will come up with a plan of attack and will change as they need. maybe some things work, some dont. our school was great. most of her high school years she didnt take any help which mostly was more time to take a test and they would even read it to her if she wanted. she never had them read her a test. she said that would be great if you follow me around the rest of my life and read things for me.
she out grew it. got the help she needed and moved forward. she now carries a 3.5 in her sophmore year in college. hang in there buddy, he will do great!
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: