Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #1921
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly
 
RodBelding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 5,907

Morning guys!


Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
you going to record it? We surprised ours but didn't record it. It was probably more fun for us.
I think we are. We talked about it more last night, and we're really excited to see her reaction! I'll give it a shot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
Good Luck!! I married a planner and it takes all the fun out of surprises!! Hopefully your DD isn't an extreme planner yet and can still appreciate your surprise!! (If she doesn't, maybe she can appreciate all the planning that went into surprising her )
Thanks. She's young enough where I think it will work well, but either way, I think she'll be pumped once we're on the magical express.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Facebook


Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Did someone say GOOD Morning?

Woke up to this...



Apparently the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD was slashed!!!!
That's ridiculous. I hope they catch the little %^&*%$%* who did that.
__________________
_______________________________________________
Me (Paul) DW DD DS
RodBelding is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #1922
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Here you can actually SEE the knife entry point...

Sorry, Brian. Not cool.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #1923
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 12,852

Word is it was about 100 cars... that got slashed.

Apparently there is some video out there.
__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD11 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #1924
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Anyone see the release info for the iPhone5?

Sept 21...

Thinner, Lighter, Bigger Screen, Faster Processor....

Now if I can somehow accidentally run over my 4S...
Eh... I'll keep my Droid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Doc, I do think that online friends are just as important... in fact, I may argue that online friends may be closer.
My real life friends, I may see once a month, once every 6 weeks, sometimes a year. And seeing them, we will catch up on "How have you been doing?", "How's the family?", "Nice weather huh?"

But online... we talk almost everyday, we open up about real problems, and challenges in our lives.

For example... (not trying to put the spotlight on Chris here):



That quote speaks volumes to my point... Chris opened up about a very personal issue that he normally doesn't talk about face to face. But he felt a feeling of comfort to share this vulnerability with us.
And as expected, we all supported him and let him know that it was ok to share, and we respect his decision.
Well said. I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
It was an uneventful, peaceful day. One that I really needed.
That's the best kind of day sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Here is some monorail shots to take up some space here:
Sorry your day was a little hectic, but I love the monorail and those pics are awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Evening guys, had another soccer win tonight, our keeper posted a clean sheet with a 2 - 0 over the team that we both played for last year. Now I sitting here putting all the calories back on my body by drinking a nice cold Corona.
Congrats on the win. Not sure I would want a Corona after a game though. I can never figure out the guys in my softball league that drink before and after the games. The last thing I want when I'm hot and sweaty is a beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Top of the morning fella's

Off to see MK today, have a good one
Your mission today, should you choose to accept, is to post a picture of the back side of water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Taking the youngest to a walk-in clinic this morning, she's been having some issues that need to be looked at. This is going to be a long day.
Yuck. Hope it goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Here you can actually SEE the knife entry point...

Scott's plan worked well. He's trying to corner the Canadian market by offering brand new Fords that come complete with tires that actually hold air.

Sorry that happened. It looks like somebody just went crazy on that thing... I guess 1 cut wasn't enough. I hope they are caught.
afwdwfan is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #1925
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight
 
scott2997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,651

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Scott's plan worked well. He's trying to corner the Canadian market by offering brand new Fords that come complete with tires that actually hold air.

Sorry that happened. It looks like somebody just went crazy on that thing... I guess 1 cut wasn't enough. I hope they are caught.
You bet! And for an extra $100 we will upgrade those tires to come with "winter air"!
__________________
Me DW DD6 DD4




Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1989
scott2997 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #1926
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,305

I enjoyed reading through the discussion of online friendships. No surprise that this group would be in favor of them.

I tend to be cautious online, especially given the fact that I work in a public position. The fact that this group is as open as it is, and can talk about just about any subject without devolving into flame wars is a minor miracle, in my opinion. Maybe the love of Disney and family just seems to attract a certain kind of person.

There are different levels of friendship, of course, and at any point in time you probably only have 2 or 3 people in your life that you'd feel comfortable telling them anything. With the rest, you're more guarded because you don't know how they'll react if you reveal certain truths about yourself. But you tend to reveal more to people that you know will still accept you without judgment. This isn't to say you can't criticize someone or call out something you feel is wrong, but it's done in a constructive way and with their best interests at heart. That's where I feel like this group works really well.

So, I think the DIS Dads is a great case study for why online friendships can work very, very well. And that's why I've made the effort to try and seek out many of you when I'm on the road. Life is about relationships--nothing else really matters. And I'm interested in having relationships with fundamentally decent people.

Also, it's really cool to know that I can go to Wisconsin or Indiana or Connecticut or West Virginia or whereever and know there's an awesome person to hang out with there.

And my wife stopped laughing at my "pull my finger" jokes years ago, but I know you guys will still appreciate them.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #1927
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight
 
scott2997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,651

Wow - that was freakin' sweet....just Facetime'd with Dave (Zerfs), live from Adventureland!

So cool to see the park nearly empty this morning!

I need to go down there during a slower time of year.

Thanks Dave for taking me along with you for a few minutes this morning!
__________________
Me DW DD6 DD4




Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1989
scott2997 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #1928
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,644

We had a deep freeze that we kept out in a workshop that I have off the side of our garage. It isn't a room we go into everyday, so we apparently took a few days to discover that the freezer died. Considering the fact that there was about a foot of some kind of brownish liquid in the bottom and all kinds of spoiled food, I had to do something about it. When I opened the lid, the smell made me want to hurl. With that, I give you the redneck's guide to cleaning out a freezer.





I picked it up, hauled it to the woods and dumped the rotten stuff out. I left it back there for a few days to air out, but I brought it back up to the house last night so they can pick it up when they bring our new freezer. I wanted to see exactly how small I could crush this thing, but I figured I should leave it somewhat close to it's normal shape so that they actually will take it.

This time we're getting an upright that will go inside the house for closer observation.

I'm just glad it happened when it did. We have a 1/4 of beef to pick up at the meat locker this weekend.
afwdwfan is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #1929
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 19,035

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

Congrats on the win. Not sure I would want a Corona after a game though. I can never figure out the guys in my softball league that drink before and after the games. The last thing I want when I'm hot and sweaty is a beer.


The plan is to always keep the water in the other hand.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #1930
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
You bet! And for an extra $100 we will upgrade those tires to come with "winter air"!
Is that the fancy term for nitrogen?
afwdwfan is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #1931
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight
 
scott2997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,651

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Is that the fancy term for nitrogen?
It's a scam the "dealers that give car dealers a bad name" used to use on customers that involved letting the existing air out of their tires and putting regular old air back in. They call it "winter air" and charge for it.

Crooks!
__________________
Me DW DD6 DD4




Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1989
scott2997 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #1932
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,698

I use to do stupid destructive stuff as a teen but never slashed tires. I know it was stupid and when I saw how it hurt the people I felt like Beverly and stopped, sorry about the vandals

And of the dads who have recently or currently in the world, I read that enchanted tales with belle is open but in soft open, anyone get a chance to check it out or know when and how they do the soft showings?
__________________
moose615 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #1933
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Wow - that was freakin' sweet....just Facetime'd with Dave (Zerfs), live from Adventureland!
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
We had a deep freeze that we kept out in a workshop that I have off the side of our garage. It isn't a room we go into everyday, so we apparently took a few days to discover that the freezer died. Considering the fact that there was about a foot of some kind of brownish liquid in the bottom and all kinds of spoiled food, I had to do something about it. When I opened the lid, the smell made me want to hurl. With that, I give you the redneck's guide to cleaning out a freezer.
That sounds disgusting, but I really wish I could get rid of old appliances like that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
It's a scam the "dealers that give car dealers a bad name" used to use on customers that involved letting the existing air out of their tires and putting regular old air back in. They call it "winter air" and charge for it.
Maybe it's special heated air to combat the cold temperatures.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #1934
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Did someone say GOOD Morning?

Woke up to this...



Apparently the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD was slashed!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Here you can actually SEE the knife entry point...

If I woke up to a Hyundai I would be pissed too. Sorry just playing with you. Nothing wrong with them they make some good cars. Personal Pref I wouldn't own one had some bad experiences with some.

Sorry to hear about the tire!!! I bet with it being a neighborhood hit, probably was teens or something thinking it be cool to do something like that. We had a problem with teens spray painting peoples houses, cars, boats, etc... They caught them though!! Sure hope they catch your culprits!!!
Venomhatch is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #1935
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I enjoyed reading through the discussion of online friendships. No surprise that this group would be in favor of them.

I tend to be cautious online, especially given the fact that I work in a public position. The fact that this group is as open as it is, and can talk about just about any subject without devolving into flame wars is a minor miracle, in my opinion. Maybe the love of Disney and family just seems to attract a certain kind of person.

There are different levels of friendship, of course, and at any point in time you probably only have 2 or 3 people in your life that you'd feel comfortable telling them anything. With the rest, you're more guarded because you don't know how they'll react if you reveal certain truths about yourself. But you tend to reveal more to people that you know will still accept you without judgment. This isn't to say you can't criticize someone or call out something you feel is wrong, but it's done in a constructive way and with their best interests at heart. That's where I feel like this group works really well.

So, I think the DIS Dads is a great case study for why online friendships can work very, very well. And that's why I've made the effort to try and seek out many of you when I'm on the road. Life is about relationships--nothing else really matters. And I'm interested in having relationships with fundamentally decent people.

Also, it's really cool to know that I can go to Wisconsin or Indiana or Connecticut or West Virginia or whereever and know there's an awesome person to hang out with there.

And my wife stopped laughing at my "pull my finger" jokes years ago, but I know you guys will still appreciate them.
I agree wholeheartedly with your statement.. but there is one part I cannot agree with-

Also, it's really cool to know that I can go to Wisconsin or Indiana or Connecticut or West Virginia or whereever and know there's an awesome person to hang out with there.

It's the Wisconsin part I can not comprehend... you mean there are people you want to see in Wisconsin?


Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
We had a deep freeze that we kept out in a workshop that I have off the side of our garage. It isn't a room we go into everyday, so we apparently took a few days to discover that the freezer died. Considering the fact that there was about a foot of some kind of brownish liquid in the bottom and all kinds of spoiled food, I had to do something about it. When I opened the lid, the smell made me want to hurl. With that, I give you the redneck's guide to cleaning out a freezer.





I picked it up, hauled it to the woods and dumped the rotten stuff out. I left it back there for a few days to air out, but I brought it back up to the house last night so they can pick it up when they bring our new freezer. I wanted to see exactly how small I could crush this thing, but I figured I should leave it somewhat close to it's normal shape so that they actually will take it.

This time we're getting an upright that will go inside the house for closer observation.

I'm just glad it happened when it did. We have a 1/4 of beef to pick up at the meat locker this weekend.
Way to go!!!!!

These 3 salute you!


Last edited by that's nice; 09-13-2012 at 09:03 AM.
that's nice is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: