Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #1861
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
From October 1 through December 31, 2012, Members will be able to purchase a Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass for just $399
http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/...mbershi_1.html
Cool!
Or it would be if I were a DVC member…

And had the $399…

Dang my lack of disposable income…

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
I thought you were just HVAC, not plumbing. I shoulda known, Zerfs does it all!
Given his extensive photographic posts on septic tank installations, the restrooms of WDW and his ability to wax poetic on just which toilet is actually capable of handling everything a two-year old can dump in it, I think you can safely say…

Yes… Yes he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
Do you know Beverly Shores? That is within a couple miles of my office.
We’ll now we have a good bead on where to find you if any of us are ever up that a’way.

To answer the question: I know of it.

This time I was more picking at Zerfs when he joked that he had beachfront property in Indiana to sell. But as you already well know, IN actually does have a beach… it just fronts Lake Michigan. I did know that there are only a hand full of towns (other then Gary) along that stretch and being as Beverly Shores is more resort-ish and had the added bonus of actually containing the word: Beverly in its name… I just couldn’t resist the reference

It was actually a long way to go for a rather lame joke, but I had nothing better to do during those ten minutes, so what the heck.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #1862
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Good Day Men!

I have a few questions please. Has anyone used Southwest's Express Bag Drop yet, If so how was it? I also asked over in the PUB too, I'd really like an answer.
I'd in the transportation forum...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #1863
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Paid off Nov trip today
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #1864
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
Did you guys see this? Horrible.

But made me think of the old discussion, are on-line friends the same as in person friends? It has been a while since that discussion here. Certainly, I'm pretty confident where I stand, and I've definitely seen a growing acceptance of on-line friendships. Thoughts?

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/09/vilerat/
I think on line friendships are sometimes closer than in person friendships just like Brain the controller of the Universe has already said. I think that on line you get to know the person on a more personal level and feel more comfortable to share things that you might not share in person. I have enjoyed getting to know all of you on here and have really enjoyed meeting some of you in person. I hope that I get to meet more of you in the future...heck even my nemesis would be cool to hang with!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (46) DW Shari (45) DS Ethan (7) DD Lauren (6)
Old 09-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #1865
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
I think on line friendships are sometimes closer than in person friendships just like Brain the controller of the Universe has already said. I think that on line you get to know the person on a more personal level and feel more comfortable to share things that you might not share in person. I have enjoyed getting to know all of you on here and have really enjoyed meeting some of you in person. I hope that I get to meet more of you in the future...heck even my nemesis would be cool to hang with!!
I would love to hang out with you Steve, but for now unless we both add a few hours extra to our trips, it probably won't happen
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #1866
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I would love to hang out with you Steve, but for now unless we both add a few hours extra to our trips, it probably won't happen
Tell me about it!!! What are the odds of us missing each other by only a few hours as many times as we have!! One of these days we will hit it right im sure LOL
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (46) DW Shari (45) DS Ethan (7) DD Lauren (6)
Old 09-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #1867
moose615
DIS Veteran

Classified ad- single dad looking to be adopted by a DVC family, I am employed and will not eat you out of house and home, DD on the other hand I guarantee nothing, will buy own APs
Old 09-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #1868
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
This time I was more picking at Zerfs when he joked that he had beachfront property in Indiana to sell. But as you already well know, IN actually does have a beach… it just fronts Lake Michigan. I did know that there are only a hand full of towns (other then Gary) along that stretch and being as Beverly Shores is more resort-ish and had the added bonus of actually containing the word: Beverly in its name… I just couldn’t resist the reference

It was actually a long way to go for a rather lame joke, but I had nothing better to do during those ten minutes, so what the heck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
I'd in the transportation forum...
It's scarey out there!

I'd rather be here, safe, with my friends.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #1869
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Cool!
Or it would be if I were a DVC member…
And had the $399…
:
That's a good price, if I lived closer or could go more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Paid off Nov trip today
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Classified ad- single dad looking to be adopted by a DVC family, I am employed and will not eat you out of house and home, DD on the other hand I guarantee nothing, will buy own APs

I'm just trying to move into CJ's house.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #1870
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post

It's scarey out there!

I'd rather be here, safe, with my friends.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #1871
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
So... do any DVC owners wish to buy dear ol' cousin Nate an AP?
I picked 9th in the draft.

Quote:

As to the question of online friendships…
Since friendship is generally the result of conversation and shared experience,
I’d have to say that those on-line ought to be considered in the same space as those in close proximity.
History is replete with folks that saw each other rarely but sought to converse via letter regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post

Though, if I didn't, my wife would probably leave me for all the time I spend talking to you online, doing podcasts, and meeting up at the parks.
Mine is more likely to leave during soccer season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
DW and I have been putting off replacing our cell phones (early generation Moto Droids)for a couple of months. With today's announcement of the new iPhone's I think that is the direction we are going to go. Can't wait because the current phone spends more time on a charger than not at this point.
Got my smartphone Samsung Focus 2 years ago and absolutely love it. I don't know how I got by without it. I might try the iPhone next because it would be easier to sync with my iPad.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 09-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #1872
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Anyone see the release info for the iPhone5?

Sept 21...

Thinner, Lighter, Bigger Screen, Faster Processor....

Now if I can somehow accidentally run over my 4S...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 09-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #1873
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
And missing rope drop!
The commando in me says to never miss rope drop. But the old man in me says to sleep in on vacation,

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Did my first bit of plumbing I ever did today....fixed our bathroom faucet that wasn't giving out hot water anymore.

A call to Moen and a quick run to Home depot for a puller tool and in about an hour I've got hot and cold again.

Not too bad for a guy that's not so handy!
!
Bravo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
A puller!!! I have beach front property in Indiana id like to sell you. ?
How much?

Quote:
Did you guys see this? Horrible.

But made me think of the old discussion, are on-line friends the same as in person friends? It has been a while since that discussion here. Certainly, I'm pretty confident where I stand, and I've definitely seen a growing acceptance of on-line friendships. Thoughts?]
So, you started this whole discussion. It is harder to drink beer and type than talk in person. I enjoy friendships on this thread. I've always thought of friendships as people with have common interests spending time with one another. We are all dads who share a joy of Disney. I'm all in.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 09-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #1874
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Doc, I do think that online friends are just as important... in fact, I may argue that online friends may be closer.
My real life friends, I may see once a month, once every 6 weeks, sometimes a year. And seeing them, we will catch up on "How have you been doing?", "How's the family?", "Nice weather huh?"

But online... we talk almost everyday, we open up about real problems, and challenges in our lives.

For example... (not trying to put the spotlight on Chris here):

That quote speaks volumes to my point... Chris opened up about a very personal issue that he normally doesn't talk about face to face. But he felt a feeling of comfort to share this vulnerability with us.
And as expected, we all supported him and let him know that it was ok to share, and we respect his decision.
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #1875
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Anyone see the release info for the iPhone5?

Now if I can somehow accidentally run over my 4S...
Getting the idea from those commercials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
I know how this may sound to some people and I am very sorry. I do not mean to dishonor or offend anyone.
No offense. I can only imagine what it was like for you guys who lived there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Been keeping a low profile last couple of days, been fighting a seemingly never-ending migrane, so computer's been a bit rough to handle. Then on top of that Amelia came down with an ear infection. We're all still doing the work/school thing though. She should be in a better mood tomorrow though, DW signed her up for Brownies, first meeting tomorrow.
DW has had one of those headaches for a few days. I told her it was a tumor. She did it find that funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Morning guys!

Big day for me, have a huge presentation to give and some hands on training after that. Wish me luck!

matt
Hope it went well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Morning....working a day shift less then 12 hours from comming off a night shift is not fun... Today's highlight is processing a $30 000 order, which is the equivilent of yesterday's total sales.
You finally got my weekend order processed. Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
13 days until we head down. DD still has no clue, but asks daily about when we can go back to WDW... The plan is still to wake her up at about 4 am right as we need to head to the airport and tell her... I'm hoping it goes well, but a bit nervous at how she'll respond to the surprise of it all (she likes to plan for things, even at 4 yrs old)...
you going to record it? We surprised ours but didn't record it. It was probably more fun for us.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: