Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #1681
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 12,848

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Greetings from the American Adventure!
__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD11 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #1682
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality
 
Twin Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,162

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I survived. No cavities. Thankfully, someone missed me.
Not really. I just found carrying on a conversation with you is great way to post pad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Well, I'll be in good enough shape to try to get in better shape.



THat's a lot. All weather related? There was a joke by Drew Hastings on Bob & Tom, when he called his insurance company to report a fallen tree from a storm and was told it was not covered under "act of God" clause. For 10,000 years, people gave debated the existence of God and my Prudential agent has him running around my property.

I'm sure he told it better.



i got a cute one. She is married with children, but not a bad way to start the morning. At least until that metal thing starts scraping your teeth. BTW, no cavities.
The few times I've had to ref soccer games I was always sore the next day. And that was before the kids and 30 sympathy pounds that came with it.

I live on the south western edge of the Twin Cities so when the severe weather comes through it has had time to get a head of steam going across the prairie. All three claims were for hail. The first two were nine months apart. I wish I could find the pic from the second storm. The yard looked like it had snowed. It was really covered in pea to golf ball sized hail with some baseball and softball thrown in for good measure.

I had a dentist like that once. Didn't need any Novocaine, just her blue eyes.
__________________
Me (Corey) DW DS (5) DD (5)
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #1683
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,687

Ok about to call DVC and talk with a CM about it more, was planning on waiting till after trip in oct but the special they got till the end of sept is drawing my attention, so not buying today but making the step to call and speak to a CM instead of watching the DVD again
__________________
moose615 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #1684
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind
 
ClearScreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chappaqua, NY
Posts: 1,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Chris - is the baseball pool a Yahoo league or is it like the fantasy football pool?
It's Yahoo head to head each week. Rotisserie scoring.

If you want in next year, please let me know when I make the announcement and you're in .
__________________
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(43), DW(43), DD(10), DS(8)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan.

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
ClearScreen is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #1685
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Not really. I just found carrying on a conversation with you is great way to post pad.
Wish I had thought of that. Or, maybe ......,


Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
he few times I've had to ref soccer games I was always sore the next day. And that was before the kids and 30 sympathy pounds that came with it.

I live on the south western edge of the Twin Cities so when the severe weather comes through it has had time to get a head of steam going across the prairie. All three claims were for hail. The first two were nine months apart. I wish I could find the pic from the second storm. The yard looked like it had snowed. It was really covered in pea to golf ball sized hail with some baseball and softball thrown in for good measure.
.
Hurricane Ike hit us in KY and ripped off my roof. I had never seen anything like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Ok about to call DVC and talk with a CM about it more, was planning on waiting till after trip in oct but the special they got till the end of sept is drawing my attention, so not buying today but making the step to call and speak to a CM instead of watching the DVD again
One of the perks if you did buy thru Disney is that they would use the current $ you spent on this vacation towards the down payment. Bad part is that you couldn't stay at AoA since it is not a DVC resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Greetings from the American Adventure!
David.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #1686
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind
 
ClearScreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chappaqua, NY
Posts: 1,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I made the best of the losers in consolation bracket and didn't even get a mention. Gettin dissed by the commish.
Congratulations! You are the tallest midget at the circus!!

Still no word on the goat bacon??
__________________
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(43), DW(43), DD(10), DS(8)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan.

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
ClearScreen is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #1687
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Wow. I managed to get 3 games correct in the DIS Dads pick-em league. I'm letting my kids pick for the rest of the year.
I did bad too. Stupid Eagles. I started out bad last year as well and did ok in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Morning Gents!

Going to be a busy week here for me, meetings all week, soccer tryouts and basketball skills camp for DS, soccer games for me and a board meeting on Saturday. Going to be fun.
Sounds busy. Have fun, or don't sleep at meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

Peyton looked like Peyton last night. I'm happy for him. Go Broncos!
Broncos did play well last night. Should have started Tamme at TE.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #1688
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Congratulations! You are the tallest midget at the circus!!

Still no word on the goat bacon??
Nope. We turn it all into BBQ mutton down here.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #1689
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind
 
ClearScreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chappaqua, NY
Posts: 1,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Nope. We turn it all into BBQ mutton down here.
mmmmmm....BBQ
__________________
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(43), DW(43), DD(10), DS(8)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan.

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
ClearScreen is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #1690
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you
 
Cinderella's Fella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland, Land of Merry!
Posts: 12,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Greetings from the American Adventure!
Look out David, Dave's coming! And in case you forgot, he looks like this:
__________________
DW Jodi Me Randall DISDads Chief Bacon Officer!



Cinderella's Fella is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #1691
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality
 
Twin Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,162

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Ok about to call DVC and talk with a CM about it more, was planning on waiting till after trip in oct but the special they got till the end of sept is drawing my attention, so not buying today but making the step to call and speak to a CM instead of watching the DVD again
You guys definitely have me wishing we had the money to go for it.
__________________
Me (Corey) DW DS (5) DD (5)
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #1692
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Wish I had thought of that. Or, maybe ......,

Hurricane Ike hit us in KY and ripped off my roof. I had never seen anything like it.

One of the perks if you did buy thru Disney is that they would use the current $ you spent on this vacation towards the down payment. Bad part is that you couldn't stay at AoA since it is not a DVC resort.

David.
Well I crunched the numbers and cannot currently afford DVC, at least not until DD is out of daycare, I pay over the amount of yearly dues in one month of daycare so when she goes to school that should free up a little coin
__________________
moose615 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #1693
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Well I crunched the numbers and cannot currently afford DVC, at least not until DD is out of daycare, I pay over the amount of yearly dues in one month of daycare so when she goes to school that should free up a little coin
Don't stretch yourself too thin on payments. Other than divorce, I think that is why there are so many resales. Having to pay monthly payments and dues just makes you start to dread the payment, which is you dread What the payment represents - Disney. Save up the cash and Buy a small resale contract at WDW DVC. Then, you can always add on resale or purchase direct thru Disney as a member. If you plan to use your member points exchange elsewhere, then resale isn't the route to go. It is a lot to consider, but I never recommend anyone go into debt to do it.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #1694
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Don't stretch yourself too thin on payments. Other than divorce, I think that is why there are so many resales. Having to pay monthly payments and dues just makes you start to dread the payment, which is you dread What the payment represents - Disney. Save up the cash and Buy a small resale contract at WDW DVC. Then, you can always add on resale or purchase direct thru Disney as a member. If you plan to use your member points exchange elsewhere, then resale isn't the route to go. It is a lot to consider, but I never recommend anyone go into debt to do it.
Why isn't resale the way to go? Wdw is the main place but eventually would like to see DL and a cruise when DD is older, would like to go back in feb or so for a long weekend trip to check out new fantasyland and maybe take her to Epcot
__________________
moose615 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #1695
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Why isn't resale the way to go? Wdw is the main place but eventually would like to see DL and a cruise when DD is older, would like to go back in feb or so for a long weekend trip to check out new fantasyland and maybe take her to Epcot
Resale points can not be exchanged for cruises. There was a new restriction placed on those purchased after a year or so ago.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: