Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
sunshineNJ
DIS Veteran

Just back from DC

Just back from DC. We LOVED it!!! Kids did dolphin interaction. They loved it. It is very much centered around the pictures but still great. I LOVED the lazy river which is really more like a real river. I could have stayed on that all day. It is the most peaceful place! LOVED it!! and didn't want to leave.
sunshineNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
tink20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineNJ View Post
Just back from DC. We LOVED it!!! Kids did dolphin interaction. They loved it. It is very much centered around the pictures but still great. I LOVED the lazy river which is really more like a real river. I could have stayed on that all day. It is the most peaceful place! LOVED it!! and didn't want to leave.
Glad you had a great time. We are thinking of going in June. We have never been. How old are your kids? I was wondering how my DS would do, he will be 11 in June. He isn't a strong swimmer though. He loves playing in the water, just not going under. Any advice is welcome.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
sunshineNJ
DIS Veteran

Smile

I can't really help you because my kids are much older. I can't remember but I would think they provide life jackets. Check the website. It's such a special place. I highly reccomend it!
sunshineNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
Leona Fishback
Mouseketeer

Tink20 -- I think he'll be fine. First of all, he can choose to wear a shorty wetsuit, which provides a little bouyancy (and warmth, the reason I opted for one). There are plenty of flotation vests available, if that'd make him more comfortable in the Grand Reef area (the water's a little deeper there and because of the fish and rays, can be a little daunting to a kid). I have an 10 year old who is a so so swimmer and gets anxious, and it took him a little time to warm up to the Grand Reef, but he took his time and eventually loved it. All three of my kids (then 10, 8 and 6) loved DC and said it was their favorite day out of the whole WDW vacation. (The 6 year old did not swim the grand reef though -- the rays scared him, but he was very happy making sand villages at the water's edge with some other kids his age.)

The lazy river is really relaxing, nothing to make a weak swimmer nervous, and has plenty of places you can "pull to the side" and hang on some rocks by a little waterfall, etc. And lots of lots of noodles everywhere, with almost everyone taking advantage of them (so no need to feel embarressed, which I mentioned since kids care so much about blending in).
Leona Fishback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
Queen2
Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.

we are doing this for our trip
Wonderful Memories April 2005 Disney Magical Birthday Cruise April 22- 29, 2006, Disney Christmas Cruise Dec 15-22, 2007 Disney Magic Eastern Tortola, April 25, 2009[SIZE="1"] Disney Fanasty Easteren Sept 21-28 2013

Queen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
tink20
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys, very helpful info.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
Cdnmom2001
Mouseketeer

we took my 7 and 10 year old and it was absolutely perfect! my son is not s strong swimmer either and as long as he had his noodle in the lazy river, her preferred to be there all day long. AHHH I am dreaming about my return next year already. Dolphins, water and sun...here we come!
Mr. A -- 8 and awesome
Surprise Trip for the kids Disney Dream Cruise --April 27, 2014 - May 1st, 2014! stateroom #8188 !!! Kids are going to freak out Christmas morning
2nd Family Disney trip, May 2012 which included Magic Kindgom, Seaworld Discovery Cove and a 4 night Disney Dream Cruise, stateroom 9662, beyond incredible trip!!!

First Family Trip to Disney 2009 stayed on site at CBR, 5 days in the parks and truly 1st trip incredible memories that we will have for a lifetime
Cdnmom2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
graceandhayes
Mouseketeer

I see mentions of noodles on the lazy river. We are going in November. My daughter will be 6 and my son 7. They are both good swimmers - go off the diving board in the deep end at our neighborhood pool, but like to be close to the side, unless they have a noodle. Are there noodles available for them to use at Discovery Cove - grand reef, lazy river, etc? Thank you!
graceandhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
Treelight
Earning My Ears

Noodles are available for the Lazy River. They seemed plentiful when we were there in August. The noodles are NOT allowed in the Grand Reef.
Treelight is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: