DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #16
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennypenny View Post
Bibbiwoz, haha I'm sure I'll find out this week where the movies are shown when it rains

I'll post.
Oh thanks! We're heading to BCV in October. Like others I've enjoyed the solarium, but the Breezeway in the villa building is also fine for resting while waiting for ME, or for the room to be ready. There's also that other room, as you enter the villa building near Ariel, the room on the right. What's the name of that room?
Old 08-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #17
jennypenny
Raising 3 disneyholics like any proper parent!

Got the scoop!

Health club relocated to solarium over night. Health club being refurbed. Will move back 11/16.

HH has moved to poolside gifts. NEW hot dog takeout place going in over near health club by YC entrance to pool.

B & C not expanding.

Will keep snooping ...

I wake up dreaming of the Beach Club...
jennypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #18
marie1981
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the update !

You should stay there 365 days a year , that way, we could have 'fresh' update everyday !
marie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #19
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennypenny
Got the scoop!

Health club relocated to solarium over night. Health club being refurbed. Will move back 11/16.

HH has moved to poolside gifts. NEW hot dog takeout place going in over near health club by YC entrance to pool.

B & C not expanding.

Will keep snooping ...
OH THANK GOODNESS! This was really bothering me. I love the Solarium for sitting and relaxing. That would have been an awful long term location for the fitness area!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #20
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

And for the record...would love to see B & C expand. Every time we try to get in we can't. It is always packed!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #21
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Got the scoop!

B & C not expanding.

Will keep snooping ...
DH says they'd better hurry up! We want the Solarium back, and DH and I will be there the last week in October. And like Bobbiwoz, we too were thinking about the movies on the beach in inclement weather.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #22
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Got the scoop!

B & C not expanding.

Will keep snooping ...
Back to normal then by the time we're there in Feb.

I just hope that during the remodel they upgrade the water heaters that supply the showers! Last time I was there I got a cold shower. Brrrrrrrrrr!!

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #23
jennypenny
Raising 3 disneyholics like any proper parent!

There was a restaurant staff member setting up something in the arcade, so I tackled him and made him answer my questions

A quarter of the arcade is emptied out. They are setting up an additional QS place to handle overflow (like the ballroom setup at CR since Contemo Cafe is closed).

He said there has been discussion about expanding B & C, but they aren't going to do anything while HH is in temp location and new place is under construction. I got the sense nothing had been decided.

No one seems to know where the movies will be shown.

Periwigs is also closed for refurb.

I wake up dreaming of the Beach Club...
jennypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #24
wrighter
DIS Veteran

uh oh! not good! For the first time ever, we decided to take a late flight out of here this Friday, because we knew we could shower and freshen up at the fitness center showers. wouldn't ya know it.

Especially considering the rainy evenings for the next couple of nights, I sure hope they find a spot for the movies they used to show in the solarium. we were actually looking forward to it. What a bummer.
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 Magic 7-Day Western Caribbean-----2015 Family Reunion at WDW?
wrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #25
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!

Contempo Cafe is closed too??? Does anyone have dates on this? We are doing a split stay at BCV & BLT in October. We always eat breakfast in the solarium at BCV and at Contempo when at BLT. This is a bummer! I am relived to hear that the solarium will reopen. That is such a peaceful place to relax.

2012 BCV & BLT/2011 OKW & BLT/2010 BCV/2009 BWV/2008 BCV/2007 SSR/2006 CBR pre DVC
First visit 1972 and many others in between
bbluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #26
clc053103
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbluvsdis
Contempo Cafe is closed too??? Does anyone have dates on this? We are doing a split stay at BCV & BLT in October. We always eat breakfast in the solarium at BCV and at Contempo when at BLT. This is a bummer! I am relived to hear that the solarium will reopen. That is such a peaceful place to relax.
I read contempo is scheduled to reopen 8/27.... Today! We are also doing the same split stay BLT and BCV, but in September. We really like contempo!
BWV 98, 01, 08
BLT (our DVC home): 09, 10, 11, 12 (split stay w/ BCV), spring break 2013, Fall 2013, 2014
WL: 2011
AKL: 2012
OKW: 2013
DCL Dream: 2012, 2014
clc053103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #27
donmil723
Stormalong Bay/Castaway Cay Beach Bum

So HH is in Poolside Gifts temporarily? Are they just serving drinks or food or both? Can't imagine they relocated the fitness center to the solarium even temporarily. What about showers, locker rooms and massage rooms? Oh well, I'm sure we'll still have a good time when we're there in October.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:50 AM   #28
triciari
DIS Veteran

I hope they still have poolside service of drinks in October! And a beverage station for the kids! This'll make the waits at B&C even longer!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #29
Disneypubgal
Disneyphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighter View Post
uh oh! not good! For the first time ever, we decided to take a late flight out of here this Friday, because we knew we could shower and freshen up at the fitness center showers. wouldn't ya know it.

Especially considering the rainy evenings for the next couple of nights, I sure hope they find a spot for the movies they used to show in the solarium. we were actually looking forward to it. What a bummer.
You probably can go to BW and shower!
Disneypubgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #30
Disneypubgal
Disneyphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciari View Post
I hope they still have poolside service of drinks in October! And a beverage station for the kids! This'll make the waits at B&C even longer!
We were there last week and all of these changes are temporary. You can still get poolside drinks from Bar next to Cape May Cafe. Hot dog stand is a table with a BBQ. We were there from 8/18-8/26 and they tested it (the hot dog table)out one day with FREE hotdogs for any guests wanting them.... By early next year all changes should be complete and solarium should be back to normal!
Disneypubgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: