Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #16
T1gger
Tigger Girl

Sounds like you are having a great time

Dec 85 Off-site
Apr 10 Off-site
Oct 12 CSR
Oct 14 OKW
T1gger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #17
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the updates We used to like Perkins when they did a salad bar (about 18 years ago I think ) Didn't go for a while as I think they went downhill but had a nice breakfast there the other year. Which one did you go to?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #18
creamsoda
Earning My Ears

The Perkins was on the 192 near the Disnet turn off. Had a fantastic day at Magic Kingdom. Got there for the train with Mickey on arriving. Emma and I went to do Dumbo, the Carousel and IASW while the boys went to do Splash and the Haunted Mansion. Thunder railroad was down all day so we moved over to do Jungle Cruise and Pirates. More IASW and Philharmagic (my favourite) before lunch at Pinnochios. We then walked down to do Carousel of Progress and they did Space. We caught the train round to Splash but Thunder railroad still down. One more trip to Philharmagic then we left. Much better day today, park was quiet for much off it. Just started to rain as we walked back to the car (couldn't catch a tram we were too close!!). Back at the villa now for a rest before Sizzlers again for dinner. Off shopping tomorrow.
creamsoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #19
creamsoda
Earning My Ears

Have had a couple of quiet days. Thursday we went to Florida Mall were the kids enjoyed spending their dollars. We ate at Cracker Barrel again before going to Epcot to see Illuminations which was brilliant as always. Today we've had a lazy morning in the villa whilst I did the ironing. Popped to Celebration for lunch at the Market Street Cafe. First time we've eaten there and it was very good. Downtown Disney next to buy a few pressies. Tonight Pizza Hut then off to Epcot tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #20
Mouseketeer1974
Mouseketeer

sounds like you're having a fab, busy time.
enjoy, am so jealous!
Mouseketeer1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #21
mrtoffee
Mouseketeer

Sound like your having a great trip hope you enjoy the rest of your hols
Old 09-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #22
creamsoda
Earning My Ears

Been back to Eocot this morning. Straight on Soaring' again then we booked the Behind the seeds tour. None of us are really gardeners but both kids are scientists( my on Phil is doing a Chemistry Phd at Durham and my daughter did Biolology at A level). It was really interesting learning a little more about how they use different methods of growing their crops. And we got to release Ladybugs! It is very hot today and not much cloud so after lunch we came back to the villa for a rest and a swim. Probably off to TGI'S again this evening and Animal Kingdom tomorrow. Thanks for reading.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #23
Clare D
Minnie Mania

Sounds like you are all having a fab time.

One day I'd like to do the behind seeds tour but will wait until kids older. People think I'm mad washing and ironing on holiday but I do it as it makes the chore much easier when I get back. Also love the smell of tide

August 13 - SSR
August 12 - OKW and Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas and RPR
July 09 - Chicago & POR
Nov 06 - GF, Disney Wonder
Oct 05 - AKL
Dec 04 - Offsite
June 99 - Offsite
Aug 92 - Offsite

Clare D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #24
creamsoda
Earning My Ears

Another beautiful day, sunny with just a few clouds. Animal Kingdom again and we went straight on Safari! The jeeps were delayed leaving the station though, apparently there were animals on the road!! We saw lots of giraffes but not many elephants. But the lion was the best. He actually came down off his rock to growl at a rhino. He was beautiful. Over to Everest then to Dino Land were the kids went on primeval whirl the they all went on Dinosaur. Off to the Lion King where we were elephants. Lunch at Pizzafari before shopping then back to the villa for a swim. Back to Crackerbarrel for dinner, might try the one on the 27. Hollywood studios tomorrow, hope it's quieter than last week. Animal Kingdom was not too busy.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #25
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you're having a fab time, we really loked Highland Reserve too. Glad kids enjoyed Behind seeds tour, my son, science student too wants to do it in October.

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic
Shazzie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #26
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Sounds like your having a fantastic time

Look forward to hearing more
Old 09-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #27
creamsoda
Earning My Ears

Monday we went back to Hollywood Studios. Had a much better day. Fast passed Toy Story Mania and rode it as well, only queued for about 15 mins. They then all went on Rock n' Roller Coaster then DH did Tower of Terror. Over to Star Tours. No queue here so 2 trips to the stars, hubby was rebel spy on 2nd trip. Did the Muppets before returning to TSM. Quick lunch then back to the villa for a rest and swim. We then went to Magic Kingdom for our dinner at The Plaza. Really good and not too expensive. We then did all the kiddy rides, Philharmagic, Small World and fast passed Peter Pan. Saw a bit of the parade then went on Winnie the Pooh. Managed to leave before the fireworks, we were all tired! Tuesday morning had a bit of a Lie in then went to Epcot. Had lunch at the fish and chip shop. Then Canada and Soarin. Bit of shopping then home. Another beautiful day. Apart from Isaac the weather has been fantastic. Off to Applebee's again tonight. It's easy as its next door!! Wednesday Magic Kingdom again. Hope thunder railroad is running!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #28
kitcat1
Mouseketeer

Glad you're having a good time and that the weather has now picked up. Its so nice reading live trip reports and knowing you're still there. Continue to have lots of fun, fun and then some more fun......

Cath
Old 09-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #29
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you're having fun :-)
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #30
creamsoda
Earning My Ears

So Magic Kingdom today and it was really quiet We went on Peter Pan on our way round to Splash. Poor Donald had no one with him so me and my DD had a picture with him. Big Thunder railroad was running so we went on. Back seats and they let us go round twice. They all went on Splash and Pirates then Emma and I did the Carpets ride. Jungle Cruise next then up to Philharmagic. The only queue we saw was when we got off IASW!! We had lunch then DD and DH went on Buzz before we decided to come back to the villa for rest and swimming. Off out for dinner later, no idea where. Last day tomorrow so will have to pack at some point

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: