Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
buzz for boys
Certified Serious Stitch Stalker

Honest opinions on crowds and weather at Easter please

Hi
We have been to Florida 5 times now and have always avoided any main holidays!! This year however we are having to think about Easter as we cant take the children out of school anymore So whats peoples honest opinions of easter what should we be expecting?

Thanks all
Louise x

buzz for boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
Michigan
Mom of the Rolling Crew

Location: Westland, MI in the summer Clermont, FL in the Winter

Crowds, crowds and more crowds. Worse then Christmas.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

We went Easter 2 years ago. It fell during our spring break.
Weather was absolutely perfect!!!
MK opened every morning at 7am so we had no crowd problem there as we were there at opening & had done everything we wanted by 11am when the masses started entering the park. We would be leaving the parking lot & there would be soooooo many cars waiting just to park.
We spent Easter Sunday @ Epcot. Did the egg hunt there at the America pavillion. Kids had a great time. Then went to MK that night at 11pm(EMH til 3am) and most guests were leaving and by 1--2am park was almost empty.
We had a great time & would not hesitate to go back during that time. Just hit the parks early then leave for a while then go back late.

Book Challenge Goal 56/72

willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
Wish Upon A Star
The TF thinks WUAS is corn cool!!
Caught Being Crabby
Has been known to wear Dorothy's red shoes and click her heels for no explicable reason :)

We did Easter 2000, soooo not too sure if it was only crowded because of Easter or because it was school vacation week in the NE, or it was the Millenium Celebration as well . . .but it was extremely crowded!

The weather is gorgeous that time of year!

I say, go, have fun, don't expect to do it all, and you'll have an enjoyable time!

Heck, me and DH are going for NYE this year . . .soooooo don't be scared of Easter . .
Wilderness Lodge - 06/03, 10/05,
Contemporary - 08/06
Port Orleans Riverside - 10/07, 02/11, 03/13
Port Orleans French Quarter - 05/08, 10/08, 07/09, 05/10, 04/11, 05/11
Beach Club - 04/05, 07/10
Caribbean Beach - 10/10
BoardWalk Villas - 12/10
Dolphin - 10/11, 10/13, 11/13, 9/14
Yacht Club - 11/11

BoardWalk Inn - 4/12, 10/12
Coronado Springs - 11/12, 05/13, 05/14
Swan - 10/14
Wish Upon A Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

I feel like i have to stick up for Easter a little here. Up until a few years ago, every trip I'd ever taken was during Easter time, and I find that this time of year is given an entirely bad rap. Is it going to be more crowded than, say, January? Of course. If you're smart about it, it's really not too bad. As far as weather goes, it'll be hot and you can definitely expect the requisite mid-day Florida rain, but we very rarely found the heat to be oppressive as I imagine it can certainly be in the following months. I say go, bring your Dis brain, and you'll have a wonderful time!
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

The weather should be very nice- the usual summer humidity won't be nearly as oppressive. It probably won't offset the oppressiveness of the crowds, though. (At least it wouldn't for us). Easter meets up with Spring break next year so the crowds will be even more time compressed.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Was just coming to post the very same thing! We like going in January but not sure it will work out next year. On the other hand we have no problem being there in time for rope drop. I just don't know....
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
Ksquared
Mouseketeer

we were there the week leading to Easter in 2011....weather was gorgeous and while crowded, we managed to do almost every thing we wanted.

honestly, it was one of the most laid back trips we did. if the park got crowded, we left and went to pool. We went early most days, spent one or two afternoons in parks and the night b/4 we left we stayed until after midnight to finish up a few things.

I would not hesitate to go back during Easter. The one thing you need to remember is that each year that week changes (mid to late March or April) and that may have an effect on spring breaks etc. Unlike xmas which never changes....
Old 08-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #10
laughinplace199
AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs

We're heading to WDW for Easter, too!

My oldest has spring break that week and we can't take her out of school anymore, so that sort of dictated when we could travel.

We are early risers (well, except for DD13, but WDW is the one thing that can make her get up early without complaining ), so we plan to be at rope drop every morning and then hit the pool mid-day.

The most crowded time we've ever been was Thanksgiving, and that was very manageable.

laughinplace199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #11
DM4Life3
Donald Duck's Anger Management Coach (We're Working On It!)

My DW and I have done Epcot for two Easters.

As long as you make dining arrangements ahead of time, the park is very manageable with light crowds and wonderful weather (80 degrees and sunny!).
Old 08-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

It is crowded, very crowded BUT there are very long hours and everything is running at full capacity. They have all the cars running on all the rides so truthfully the lines aren't any longer than other times.

If you go early or stay very late you will be ok. Eating you need to avoid peak hours because that is crowded and slow.

It did get to me by the end of the week that everywhere I looked there were always people but as far as riding and seeing shows we had no problems.

The weather was great.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #13
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

I am confused
Why did you stress asking for "honest opinions"? Do you think folks give "dishonest opinions"? I believe that opinions are just that and they vary by individuals experiences, as seen by the responses so far.
I hope these replies helped you.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
cboudre1
Mouseketeer

I love Easter in Disney World. We arrived 30 -45 minutes before rope drop and toured nonstop until noon. The Eat, see minor attraction, go back to the pool until dinner. The parks will have late hours so go back in at night? The weather is great. Park hoppers are a plus during the holidays.
8/78 Polynesian Resort, 3/79, 7/84 Off Property, 7/92 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou, 4/94 Port Orleans - French Quarters, 4/95 Caribbean Beach Resort, 4/97 Dixie Landings - Magnolia Bend, 4/98 Coronado Springs
8/99 All Star Sports, 4/02 Dolphin, 6/04 All Star Sports, Hard Rock Hotel, 8/08 Dolphin, 5/10 Dolphin, 10/12 Royal Pacific, All Star Sports
cboudre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #15
mommapea
Mouseketeer

We were in Epcot the Tuesday before Easter, last year. We had alot of fun, and was able to do everything we wanted in the day. The main difference we found were the fastpass times. We were able to get one for Soarin, but by the time the window was open for a 2nd, Soarin was out of FP's! This was around noon. DD headed to TT and we ended up with FP's for that. Again, during the next window, they were gone for the day. We did opt to miss the fireworks in lieu of another go at Soarin. This time, just after 9, it was walk on. It was just as fast as having a fast pass. It was an EMH night, so I think that's what saved the day. I also noticed the crowd bc/ we had to wait 15 minutes for Spaceship Earth. What?? That's usually walk on when we're there. But, that was also around 2 in the afternoon...peak time. We went into it knowing it was going to be crowded. It was still doable, though. So much so, that we're going to try it again, next spring break. We still have 1 day left over from an old hopper...and my dh wants to drink around the world. Yeah!!
OKW/WLV- 2007
VWL/BWV/SSR-2009
AKL-Spring 2012
OKW-Fall 2012
BWV- Spring 2013

Candy, Mom to 2 Princesses, Anna (12) and Alexa (9)

mommapea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: