Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #76
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

I'm amazed at how much you can drink...I'd have been loopy after the 2nd drink!

Glad I saw the pics of your food at Le Cellier.. I won't be going there. Too complicated. Anything with bacon on it it is out..and any beef with a dairy product on it..like cheese or a white sauce is out..not kosher. Ah well, if I ate at Le Cellier I'd be stepping out on some of my favorite restaurants like Chefs De France, Restaurant Marrakesh or Rose & Crown.

What time did you get for your Fast pass? Seems like hours and hours went by..did you go back and ride it?

I never considered the pearl thing..I have a pearl in a cage necklace that I got when I was 8 or 9 years old..and I still have it. I guess I'm in the downsizing time of life. I look at things at WDW gift shops and think.."boy isn't that nice...but I have no idea what I'd do with it" I guess when I buy my retirement home in Florida, I can decorate the whole place in Disney souvenirs!

If I was walking around Disney with just Henry...I'd feel someone was missing. I can't think of a time I didn't have either children or a whole crowd of family with me. I have no idea what that's like... I think its time to find out.

Last trip, I forgot to have a grey goose... but I did have my Yak Attack and my Fiesta Margarita. I haven't sampled the coffee IN the parks.

I just noticed that the text at the bottom of my cruise countdown is not showing up...but when I go to User CP..its there!! ????

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #77
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Storms suck, but those storm clouds look awesome!

What was the name of the beer that you liked at Le Cellier? I'm curious since Unibroue is a brand from around here.

You can have the filet without the mushroom? That's good, because I like filet, but not mushroom. But what is it on the meat, if not mushroom? As for cream cheese mashed potatoes, that sounds heavenly!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #78
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel
Storms suck, but those storm clouds look awesome!

What was the name of the beer that you liked at Le Cellier? I'm curious since Unibroue is a brand from around here.

You can have the filet without the mushroom? That's good, because I like filet, but not mushroom. But what is it on the meat, if not mushroom? As for cream cheese mashed potatoes, that sounds heavenly!
Yes that's what it was!! She wrote it down "unibroue trois pisto"

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #79
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Yes that's what it was!! She wrote it down "unibroue trois pisto"

I think you mean Trois-Pistoles. Haven't tried that one, but I do like "La Maudite".

I'm confused about the phrase in bold. Were you commenting on the fact that I mentioned Unibroue, or about the mushroom filet? I'd like to know if those were mushrooms on your filet or something else, as it's one of the reason I don't have much interest in Le Cellier. If I can get the filet without those, I'd be so happy!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:49 PM   #80
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel

I think you mean Trois-Pistoles. Haven't tried that one, but I do like "La Maudite".

I'm confused about the phrase in bold. Were you commenting on the fact that I mentioned Unibroue, or about the mushroom filet? I'd like to know if those were mushrooms on your filet or something else, as it's one of the reason I don't have much interest in Le Cellier. If I can get the filet without those, I'd be so happy!
I meant that is what the beer was. I typed exactly what she wrote down.

I asked for no mushrooms. It looked like there are mushrooms but I'm almost positive there weren't. I was pretty tipsy but I wouldn't have eaten mushrooms.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #81
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info about the mushrooms. And the beer really is Trois-Pistoles. It's a real city in the province of Quebec.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #82
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
oh those le Cellier pics make me drool!!!!
I know, right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Now I have Listen to the Land STUCK IN MY HEAD. Awesome.

I tried the cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier and it was good but too much bacon for me too.

I’ve done pick a pearl twice, let’s just say because the first time I lost my pearl, but that’s another story. So I just did it again on my past trip and I got an 8 and ¼! It wouldn’t fit into the ring I wanted because it was so big.
Glad it seems that many people feel the same way as I did about the soup. I was so disappointed because I was ready for it to be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemarch View Post
Nikki, I've always wanted to do the Pick-a-Pearl thing! I may have to drink more next time we go to Epcot!!!
Haha! Oh yeah, you have to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Lovely day in Epcot.. I don't think I could ever spend enough time in World Showcase!

I got one of the pearls in Japan last year, and this trip all the other ladies in the family got them too... I bought the necklaces with pearl cages from ebay seller "kzgc08" - they are really reasonable, only a few dollars It was interesting to see four pick-a-pearls happen at once too, one was gold & one was pink! All were 7mm or 7.5mm.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Emma x
Thanks for the ebay info. I'll have to look into it. Yeah, the person before me got a very rare colored one - I forget exactly what it was, something like blue-ish silver maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
I'm amazed at how much you can drink...I'd have been loopy after the 2nd drink!

Glad I saw the pics of your food at Le Cellier.. I won't be going there. Too complicated. Anything with bacon on it it is out..and any beef with a dairy product on it..like cheese or a white sauce is out..not kosher. Ah well, if I ate at Le Cellier I'd be stepping out on some of my favorite restaurants like Chefs De France, Restaurant Marrakesh or Rose & Crown.

What time did you get for your Fast pass? Seems like hours and hours went by..did you go back and ride it?

I never considered the pearl thing..I have a pearl in a cage necklace that I got when I was 8 or 9 years old..and I still have it. I guess I'm in the downsizing time of life. I look at things at WDW gift shops and think.."boy isn't that nice...but I have no idea what I'd do with it" I guess when I buy my retirement home in Florida, I can decorate the whole place in Disney souvenirs!

If I was walking around Disney with just Henry...I'd feel someone was missing. I can't think of a time I didn't have either children or a whole crowd of family with me. I have no idea what that's like... I think its time to find out.

Last trip, I forgot to have a grey goose... but I did have my Yak Attack and my Fiesta Margarita. I haven't sampled the coffee IN the parks.

I just noticed that the text at the bottom of my cruise countdown is not showing up...but when I go to User CP..its there!! ????
Too bad you don't think you'd be able to find something at Le Cellier. You know they would accommodate you if you wanted to give it a try. But I understand it's easier to just stick to what you know!

Actually, I don't think we did go back and ride Soarin' that day!!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #83
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Thanks for the info about the mushrooms. And the beer really is Trois-Pistoles. It's a real city in the province of Quebec.
Yes, she told us that is where it was from! We're going to try to find it around here. We have a really nice liquor store that has a lot but if they don't have, they will order. We've gotten cases of Tusker from there before (which we've only ever seen in Disney World) and that comes from Kenya so I'm sure they'd be okay with ordering beer from Quebec!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #84
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

OMG I can't wait to eat at Le Cellier again!!! I'm sorry you didn't like the cheddar cheese soup, I love it, I could drink it by the gallon!

I've always wanted to do Pick a Pearl, but then I wonder what I'll do with the pearl! I'm so not a pearl person! I do like those little Cinderella pumpkin coach cages you can get to make a necklace out of, but other than that, I don't know what I'd do with one!

I love the America Pavilion, but yeah, that's a good place for all that alcohol to catch up with you!

Glad your Xanax finally kicked in and you got some sleep!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #85
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Oh, I'm SURE they'd work with us to create a meal that we could eat, but since its such a TO-DO (one of my mom's favorite phrases) to get an ADR, and you have to put down a credit card guarantee...and risk that you might not be able to make it within the 24 hour window...its just easier to go with something we know and already love...plus, that leaves the ADR to someone who REALLY REALLY wants it

Henry won't take a seat on the bus until absolutely everyone else is seated..so I can see him not taking an ADR at Le Cellier until everyone who super loves the place has been accommodated!

We also haven't tried La Hacienda because the menu at San Angel Inn looks better to us, and we've eaten there several times. I do want to try the Hacienda Cantina, but every single time we check it out, the line is long and the seating looks filled. Some day...I'll catch it at an off moment.

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #86
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Yes, she told us that is where it was from! We're going to try to find it around here. We have a really nice liquor store that has a lot but if they don't have, they will order. We've gotten cases of Tusker from there before (which we've only ever seen in Disney World) and that comes from Kenya so I'm sure they'd be okay with ordering beer from Quebec!
That's cool that they will do special orders!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #87
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
OMG I can't wait to eat at Le Cellier again!!! I'm sorry you didn't like the cheddar cheese soup, I love it, I could drink it by the gallon!

I've always wanted to do Pick a Pearl, but then I wonder what I'll do with the pearl! I'm so not a pearl person! I do like those little Cinderella pumpkin coach cages you can get to make a necklace out of, but other than that, I don't know what I'd do with one!

I love the America Pavilion, but yeah, that's a good place for all that alcohol to catch up with you!

Glad your Xanax finally kicked in and you got some sleep!
Yeah I'm not a pearl person either. It's still in the bag on my kitchen table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
Oh, I'm SURE they'd work with us to create a meal that we could eat, but since its such a TO-DO (one of my mom's favorite phrases) to get an ADR, and you have to put down a credit card guarantee...and risk that you might not be able to make it within the 24 hour window...its just easier to go with something we know and already love...plus, that leaves the ADR to someone who REALLY REALLY wants it

Henry won't take a seat on the bus until absolutely everyone else is seated..so I can see him not taking an ADR at Le Cellier until everyone who super loves the place has been accommodated!

We also haven't tried La Hacienda because the menu at San Angel Inn looks better to us, and we've eaten there several times. I do want to try the Hacienda Cantina, but every single time we check it out, the line is long and the seating looks filled. Some day...I'll catch it at an off moment.
La Hacienda was very good! I ate there with Stephanie in February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
That's cool that they will do special orders!
I know!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #88
NikkiLovesWDW!

Day 3 - Saturday August 18

After having taken the xanax the night before, I was STILL up bright and early with no alarm. I showered and woke up Tom and Bri and went to get coffee to give them a chance to get up and get ready.

Couldn't help but take a picture of CBR on the way. It really is a beautiful resort.

Unfortunately, just as I got back to the room, it started to get a bit rainy. So when we were ready to go, we put on our ponchos and headed out. We weren't going to let a little bit of rain ruin our day. And this morning, we were headed to DHS.

Bri wasn't feeling that well this morning so we let her sleep in and Tom and I were off!

Rainy morning bus pic!

Tom had been itching to get on Star Tours so that's where we headed first.

After the ride and a little window shopping in Tattoine Traders, I was getting hungry and, even though I had never been there before, I somehow knew that the Writer's Stop would be a good stop for breakfast.

Tom met me there and we got a chocolate chip muffin to split and some coffee.

The muffin was SOOOOOO good!! And just the right size to split.

We wandered the Streets of America for a while, just trying to have a "take it easy" kind of morning.

You can see by this picture, eventually the rain did stop as we were wandering.

We then headed into the little store near Indiana Jones. I had to use the bathroom so I went to the bathroom between Indiana Jones and Star Tours and when I came out, the sky had opened up and it was pouring like mad!! I made a run for it back to the Indiana Jones store.

While we were in there a young girl was chasing her brother and she slipped and fell so hard! Her mom was giving her the "See?? I told you not to run" spiel but she was wailing! She was even getting mad at the dad for comforting her. It was quite awkward!

It wasn't stopping and since we had our rain jackets on, we figured we'd make a run for the stores up and down the main street. We were only in there for a little while when Brianne called to say that she just got off the bus so we told her where to meet us.

Brianna had cut her finger on something so before doing anything else, we headed to first aid for her to get a band-aid. Tom took a picture of me with this old-timey truck while we were waiting for her.

We were all dying to get on Tower of Terror so we headed that way. At this point, it was still raining lightly but not too bad. TOT said 20 mins but it was a total walk-on. And I don't even just mean into the first room, I mean there wasn't even a line in the boiler room! It was awesome.

I love this ride so much! We were sitting in the back so not sure you can see us in this picture.

After TOT, Tom and Bri headed to One Man's Dream while I went and got FPs for RnRC. By the time I made my why to meet them, they hadn't really gotten that far! There's just so much to see in One Man's Dream!

Who doesn't love Walt?!

New Fantasyland model.

We didn't really get to see too much because they made an announcement that the movie was starting soon and I really wanted to see it.

After the movie, we headed into the Magic of Disney Animation.

We kind of just walked through and into the store. I was really cold from having wet feet so I went outside while Bri did some shopping.

By now, it was time for our ADR at Sci Fi!!

We had quite a long wait after checking in and there's always so many people in the check-in area. Supposedly, 50s Prime Time Cafe had closed that day so there was a lot of overflow.

While we were waiting, I took this, "Where in the World am I" picture.

Finally, we were seated. Sci-Fi is not the best place for a party of 3 because we had to sit 2 in one row and one behind.

We just wanted to get drinks and apps. We both ordered the Sam Adams Summer Ale.

Spinach and Artichoke Dip for Two - A blend of Monterey Jack, swiss, and parmesan with spinach, artichokes, and corn tortilla chips $7.99

Crispy Onion Rings - with horseradish dipping sauce $8.49

Chicken Wings with honey-chipotle barbecue sauce, blue cheese dressing, and celery sticks $11.49

Bri got....

Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins - with Blue Cheese topping and celery sticks $9.99

....but since she was sitting behind us, we didn't get a picture. We had them last time we ate there and liked them. She didn't really like that the blue cheese was right on them instead of on the side so we gave her some of our wings and onion rings.

Overall, lunch was good but I think we've had enough Sci-Fi for a while. We've eaten there almost every trip so it's time to take a break.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #90
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Except for the rain it looks like a fun day! I'm praying for no rain in October!

Your apps look good. I've heard the burgers are good there but haven't been and no plans for this trip. Maybe sometime!!

I wonder why 50's was closed? That seems weird!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: