Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #76
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
Just updating. I finally talked with someone at VS. They are saying my reservation is secure, but I still have NO way of proving it. I haven't received confirmation for the last 6 nights. We apparently have 3 owners and 5 different confirmations and we've only received 2 of the 5. They did say our final night is booked through an owner who won't even assign our name to the reservation until 24 hours before the stay. That still leaves 5 nights completely unaccounted for.

I asked the guy from VS if he could send me an email stating this just so I would have record of SOMETHING for those final nights before I left considering the only things I have are a quote for 14 nights, a receipt from my deposit and then confirmation and receipt for 8 nights only. No email. And I've left another message today with no response.

The whole thing is making me so incredibly nervous. We leave Friday morning. I'm trying hard not to stress, but we're just not having a good experience with VS right now.
Bless your heart ! I do hope that things work out for you. I don't remember ever hearing of something like this happening with VS. Maybe they are getting a little frazzled with all of the fast growth they have experienced?

Again, I feel for you and hope that things turn out positively for you (which I bet that they will).

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #77
chloeavasmommy
Earning My Ears

Hi this is my first post here but I read on the boards all the time! I am having the same problem with Vacation Strategy not sending me my confirmation email to pay my balance off. We are staying Nov 2-9 in a 3 bdrm deluxe. I have been told that I have have a secure reservation that is guaranteed, however, the owner they went through will not allow them to put my information into the system until 24 hrs before my stay so I have absolutely no way to call WBC to confirm my reservation! I have been on the phone with VS many times and they assure me my reservation is secure but I don't feel comfortable like the other poster said bc i "have no proof"! Also, they told me all the confirmation email is a link to their home page to make a payment so I don't have to wait for the email and can pay my balance off directly on their website. I guess I'll just have to hope for the best!
chloeavasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #78
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

I think you should trust them. It's not like this is a scam and they are lying to you. Hundreds of people have had wonderful stays at WBC booking through them. I wouldn't like it either, but if they say the owner won't add you until 24 hours prior, that's the truth.
Senator Tressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #79
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just updating. I finally talked with someone at VS. They are saying my reservation is secure, but I still have NO way of proving it. I haven't received confirmation for the last 6 nights. We apparently have 3 owners and 5 different confirmations and we've only received 2 of the 5. They did say our final night is booked through an owner who won't even assign our name to the reservation until 24 hours before the stay. That still leaves 5 nights completely unaccounted for.

I asked the guy from VS if he could send me an email stating this just so I would have record of SOMETHING for those final nights before I left considering the only things I have are a quote for 14 nights, a receipt from my deposit and then confirmation and receipt for 8 nights only. No email. And I've left another message today with no response.

The whole thing is making me so incredibly nervous. We leave Friday morning. I'm trying hard not to stress, but we're just not having a good experience with VS right now.

I am sorry to hear about this and I am sending some pixie dust your way
The last thing anyone needs when planning a trip of this magnitude is a situation that creates an element of uncertainty and stress. We are pretty sure we want to stay at Bonnet Creek for our next trip and I have been keeping an eye on this thread and others for an idea of who I should consider booking our stay with. I hope everything works out for you and that you and your family have a magical trip.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #80
southbound
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I can only imagine the stress you are going through right now. I know it would be making me incredibly nervous as you mentioned. My reservation with VS has so far gone without a hitch, and they have us confirmed for 15 nights. We are arriving the same day as you guys And we are also planning on doing MNSSHP on Sunday night as well. (p.s. I read and very much enjoyed your pre-trip report... thanks for sharing!) If you see a short blonde woman with spiders all over her back at MNSSHP, that'll be me! LOL

Like most of us here, we've all read these threads from back to front and front to back... so, you know that VS has a great record on here and if they say it's all taken care of, maybe try and take that for what it's worth and trust that their reputation is important to them, so I'm sure they will get it all sorted for you. Just kinda wished they'd done it a little sooner, eh? I'm wishing you tons of luck and sending some good vibes your way!

Have a fantabulous Disney Vacation!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #81
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Hoping Chelley00 has been able to check in with no problems! Come back and post how it went We will be there on the 20th to get the bin from you......Im so excited to get there
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #82
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

Had no problems checking in. The parking pass/sales desk is a bit of a pain but that had nothing to do with VS.
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014
Back to Alaska on the Wonder in 2015

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #83
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

We're here! VS called while we were driving here saying to call when we checked in so we could take care of our final payment, but they were closed when we got into our room.

Checked in and our first question was "what do you have as our check out date and he said "the 27th"!!! Apparently everything has worked out. Our room is amazing. We can see Spaceship Earth and Tower of Terror from our balcony and DTD balloon from the bedrooms. Kids are in the pool at tower four right now.

Whew.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #84
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
We're here! VS called while we were driving here saying to call when we checked in so we could take care of our final payment, but they were closed when we got into our room.

Checked in and our first question was "what do you have as our check out date and he said "the 27th"!!! Apparently everything has worked out. Our room is amazing. We can see Spaceship Earth and Tower of Terror from our balcony and DTD balloon from the bedrooms. Kids are in the pool at tower four right now.

Whew.
Thanks for posting! Glad you got it all worked out. Now to enjoy your vacation
What tower did you end up in? Sounds awesome! Did you get the bin okay?
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote