Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #76
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #2: Moving into our Villa!
August 17th, 2012

I know everyone is anxious to get to the Hilton Head portion of the TR, so I posted the second and third updates as well today! (Don't miss the one on the previous page!) Enjoy! (:

Suddenly around 6 o’clock we were arriving at Hilton Head! We beat my parents there by 10 minutes so we pulled in, parked, and got out of the car.

They arrived shortly after and we were all very excited to see each other! We went to check in and I was SO EXCITED! We were at Mini Disney! FART SHOES!

Me and my favorite boys (:

A cast member greeted us and I asked if I could see her pins. I said that I wanted to trade her for her Jasmine pin but I didn’t have my pins unpacked yet. She said that I could just have it and I was SO excited! The cast members at this resort were very generous with pin trading. Not a lot of guests are into it, but if you are, they notice! I got so many free pins on this trip!

What a great start to the vacation! We went inside and checked in. They had cookies and lemonade in the lobby. That was such a nice touch! They are put out every day at 3 o'clock. Today they had cranberry cookies, I believe.

We were given all of our room information and then I found out that there was a big pin binder at the front desk! Obviously, visiting the front desk became a daily ritual.

Then I looked over and one of the cast members had on the best pin ever!!! I BOLTED to the car to dig out my pins! I traded the CM for her MONORAIL LICENSE PLATE PIN. I just about DIED. I was so happy.

Also in the pin trading book, I found a bunch of other cute ones! Oh, and they had a dancing people pin in there. I couldn’t even believe it!! I looked for that pin for so long in May (thankfully I found it by the end) and then I arrive here and see it within a couple minutes. Of course!

Here are the pins I collected throughout my first day:

From left to right: Haunted Mansion, Jiminy Cricket, (traded) Monorail License Plate, Horizons License Plate, WDW Survey Marker, and C for Chip! (traded)

After making some successful trades, Preston and I met back up with my family at the room.

We were in Building 20 in room 2021 and we had a two bedroom villa.

I opened the door and was AMAZED! The room was SO spacious! It had a Wilderness Lodge feel because of the way it was decorated. It’s a little bit like a cabin but it also had that hospitable southern feel. I loved it. The color scheme and the decorations were wonderful.

Living room/Kitchen pictures:

The couch pulled out into a bed so that's where Preston got to sleep. He said it was a very comfortable pull out couch!

Jonathan and my room:

Our bathroom:

Walkway between our room and the living room:

MICKEY AND MINNIE CARVING! SO CUTE!

WD for Walt Disney! (:

The floor tiles:

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 08-29-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #77
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #3: More of the Room & The Kingfisher for Dinner!
August 17th, 2012

My parents' room!

Their bathroom:

The balcony:

The view:

We were on the top floor of the building:

Still unpacking - Mom brought a fruit bowl!

Our building:

The view from the bottom of the stairs. If you walk that way, you can get to the pool!

As you can tell, the villa was GREAT! It has the exact same layout as the DVC units in Disney World. That's what really made me feel at home! We were so happy we decided to stay at a Disney resort because we knew we would be pleased with the accommodations. No one was disappointed!

This was actually Preston’s first stay at a Disney Resort (besides one of the All Stars Resorts back in May 2011) so this was a pretty big deal for him! He was blown away! We all loved it so much!

We brought up all of our luggage and stuff from the cars. I unpacked everything into drawers, got ready, and then we went to dinner! I don’t think we ate until about 8 or 8:30 pm.

An interesting thing about Disney's Hilton Head Resort is that there are NO TABLE SERVICE RESTAURANTS on property. They have a quick service restaurant at the resort and another at the beach house, but both of them close at 5 o'clock.

The best option for dinners is going to one of the many restaurants around the resort! Many of them are actually within walking distance. Also, Disney gives you a list of recommended places and if you show the restaurant your room key, you can get a 10% discount!

We went to a place called The Kingfisher for dinner! It was a really nice spot and we were all ready to eat! It was a seafood restaurant, which sounded perfect that night.

They gave us rolls to start off. They just came out of the oven - they were hot and tasted SO GOOD!

One of my parents got a Caesar Salad:

I got the endless pasta, which was fettuccine with grilled shrimp. That tasted REALLY good. At first my shrimp was cold, but they took it back and I got a fresh, warm batch within minutes. It tasted wonderful! I loved the sauce they used on the pasta. AHH yum.

Preston also got the endless pasta, but his was linguini and meatballs. He loved it, of course! Pasta tasted fantastic to both of us after that long drive.

Mom got the Mahi Mahi:

Dad got the grouper:

And Jonathan got the crab legs!

Everything was wonderful and my whole family was happy with their dinners. We are big seafood fans and this really hit the spot!

For dessert, Mom and Dad split Key Lime Pie:

Preston and I split their specialty - Bailey’s Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. YUM YUM YUMMMM it was amazing. I didn’t want that cheesecake to end!

Jonathan completely resisted dessert… I don’t know how that kid does it. What a fart shoes.

Our server was REALLY nice and we were well taken care of! We could already tell that the people from Hilton Head were really friendly!

Once we left, we saw a little kitty that hangs out by the restaurant. She let Mom pet her!

We walked back to the resort right after dinner.

Everyone was EXHAUSTED so they all went to bed. Preston and I stayed up a little later and watched some of my new Boy Meets World DVD’s – Season 3. We started with the WDW Episode, of course! That’s the best one! Preston is Cory Matthews' twin. I love it.

Then I went to bed and couldn’t wait for tomorrow because the adventure was just beginning!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 09-02-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #78
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
For those of you who weren't aware, I was supposed to go to Disneyland at the end of this summer. We had to move the trip to December due to some money/attendance issues. My Dad still wanted to go on vacation in August, but he wanted something within driving distance. So that is how Hilton Head came to be! We are currently saving up for the big Disneyland trip later!

I mean, I wasn't mad we had to move the trip... but this Disneyland Outlet DEFINITELY made up for having to postpone it!!!

I basically bought out the whole store. BUT I MEAN, THE SWEATSHIRTS WERE ONLY 9.99!!!! HOW COULD I RESIST!?!?! Usually they're like $34.99 in the parks!!! Seriously, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It was GREAT!

I'm guessing you all want to see what I got, right? Well, OBVIOUSLY! It's picture time!

Here are all of my Disneyland sweatshirts - like I said, each one was only $9.99!

Jess, you are totally making me miss Disneyland right now. I only went once in 2006, you know, when they were doing the 50th Anniversary thing. And now, thanks to the new DCA, I really wanna go back! I totally wish I could come with you when you go to Disneyland.

Oh, well. Can't wait till the next update!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #79
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

I am in absolute love with that Chip pin - very jealous!

The rooms look absolutely gorgeous. Would you visit again (my family and I are planning a visit to either Disney World or Hilton Head and can't decide)?
disneyshakeygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #80
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

•You and the bf are adorable.
•Hooray for Disney Stores. <3
•Love the new Tay Swift song!
•Yayy, Disney's Hilton Head Resort looks amazing. I really wanna gooooo.
•The carvings on the bench are so cute. Love those details.
•Aww, great pins so far.
•Mmm, seafood.

I'm so excited for this report--You are so fun to follow. Can't wait for more!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL December 2004 - DLR: Offsite December 2005 - DLR: Offsite August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010 - WDW: POP Century November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #81
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I am drooling over your food pictures from Panera.

I love the Disney Artist collection! And the dresses you got are really cute.

I can’t believe CMs just GAVE you pins.

The rooms at HHI look so nice! I agree, very Wilderness Lodge.

I cannot believe that they don’t have any table service restaurants there. And that’s crazy the quick service places are only open till 5!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #82
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Lmao I love how these updates begin with you being like "Look, I get if you don't care about what's going on with me, BUT THERE ARE DISNEY STORE PICTURES." How could anyone skip Disney Store pictures??? Seriously.

Ahh I can't wait to see your videos from May. Frump videos <3

Wow, the area Preston lives in is just breathtaking! I love the moment in the car listening to the Taylor Swift song and finally feeling like summer... moments like that are what life is all about! I'm not really a fan of that song but now when I hear it I'll smile cause of that! I'm so happy for you that you found someone like him. Especially someone who loves Disney, has pins, appreciates Oswald, etc... I mean it's just TOO perfect. I mean, I'm sure he has other fantastic qualities, but you know... love of Disney is a biggie.

I'm also so happy for you that you finally got to go to the Disney Store. You got SO much great stuff, omg. One of my greatest battles in life is NOT spending all my money at the Disney Store so I can save it to buy stuff actually AT Disney. Seriously, there are so many amazing ones in my area, I would spend hundreds of dollars there per week if I could! It's crazy!

YAY PINS. I just found one of my old lanyards (the one that was NOT stolen...) and I tried to decide which to keep and which to trade... a very hard decision!!!

That Mickey + Minnie carving is so cute. I want to do that to a table in my house... though I don't think my mom would appreciate me cutting into the furniture. LOL.

Ahh the floor tiles! That reminds me of all the prints in the ground at Animal Kingdom. I love it so much.

LOL Your mom is so cute standing there posing with the fruit bowl. I love you guys.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #83
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
Jess, you are totally making me miss Disneyland right now. I only went once in 2006, you know, when they were doing the 50th Anniversary thing. And now, thanks to the new DCA, I really wanna go back! I totally wish I could come with you when you go to Disneyland.

Oh, well. Can't wait till the next update!
That was the last time I was there too! I can't wait to go back! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
I am in absolute love with that Chip pin - very jealous!

The rooms look absolutely gorgeous. Would you visit again (my family and I are planning a visit to either Disney World or Hilton Head and can't decide)?
That was a good find on Preston's part!
I would absolutely visit again!
And hmm if you guys are trying to decide between the two, I guess it depends on what you want and what type of people you are traveling with. If you have a group that wants a very relaxed vacation on a much smaller scale, I would go with Hilton Head. You have enough to do to keep you busy but you won't be running around constantly like you would in WDW. If you have people who want to go on rides, to the parks, etc. then WDW would be the choice! I, personally, like Disney World better, but that's just because it's the love of my life and no other place will ever take it's place. But I LOVED Hilton Head and would go back in a heart beat! It all depends on what you want out of your vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
•You and the bf are adorable.
•Hooray for Disney Stores. <3
•Love the new Tay Swift song!
•Yayy, Disney's Hilton Head Resort looks amazing. I really wanna gooooo.
•The carvings on the bench are so cute. Love those details.
•Aww, great pins so far.
•Mmm, seafood.

I'm so excited for this report--You are so fun to follow. Can't wait for more!
Aww thank you!
HOORAY!
I love it too!
It was really incredible - I would highly reccomend it!
I loved that too! Preston actually noticed them before me! I was so proud.
Thanks!
Aww thank you so much! That means a lot to me! Thanks for being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I am drooling over your food pictures from Panera.

I love the Disney Artist collection! And the dresses you got are really cute.

I can’t believe CMs just GAVE you pins.

The rooms at HHI look so nice! I agree, very Wilderness Lodge.

I cannot believe that they don’t have any table service restaurants there. And that’s crazy the quick service places are only open till 5!
I LOVE PANERA!
Me too! Thank you!
I know!! It was so awesome. I dominated all of the pin trading that was going on at that resort that week!
Thank you!
Yeah, it's really weird when you first find that out! However, when you actually stay there it really doesn't seem that weird because there are a ton of restaurants SO close! You don't even realize that you actually left the grounds by the time you get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Lmao I love how these updates begin with you being like "Look, I get if you don't care about what's going on with me, BUT THERE ARE DISNEY STORE PICTURES." How could anyone skip Disney Store pictures??? Seriously.

Ahh I can't wait to see your videos from May. Frump videos <3

Wow, the area Preston lives in is just breathtaking! I love the moment in the car listening to the Taylor Swift song and finally feeling like summer... moments like that are what life is all about! I'm not really a fan of that song but now when I hear it I'll smile cause of that! I'm so happy for you that you found someone like him. Especially someone who loves Disney, has pins, appreciates Oswald, etc... I mean it's just TOO perfect. I mean, I'm sure he has other fantastic qualities, but you know... love of Disney is a biggie.

I'm also so happy for you that you finally got to go to the Disney Store. You got SO much great stuff, omg. One of my greatest battles in life is NOT spending all my money at the Disney Store so I can save it to buy stuff actually AT Disney. Seriously, there are so many amazing ones in my area, I would spend hundreds of dollars there per week if I could! It's crazy!

YAY PINS. I just found one of my old lanyards (the one that was NOT stolen...) and I tried to decide which to keep and which to trade... a very hard decision!!!

That Mickey + Minnie carving is so cute. I want to do that to a table in my house... though I don't think my mom would appreciate me cutting into the furniture. LOL.

Ahh the floor tiles! That reminds me of all the prints in the ground at Animal Kingdom. I love it so much.

LOL Your mom is so cute standing there posing with the fruit bowl. I love you guys.
Bahahaha I'm glad you appreciated that I just had to warn people ahead of time and tempt them with Disney right from the get-go.

I can't wait until their done! At the rate I'm going I have no idea when they're going to be finished. But SOMEDAY they will be! Someday. College. psh taking up all of my time.

I know - I couldn't get over how beautiful it was there! And yes, you're completely right! I'm sorry you don't like the song, but I'm glad you now have a good connection to make to it because of me, your frumpy friend.

Awww thanks Lia! I am happy too. He is pretty perfect! I mean, we will see where life takes us, but right now I am very happy where we are! I mean, the other day when we were on the phone, we talked about Disney pins for 45 minutes straight. Like... hello! Thank you for being frumpy just like me. Love of Disney is VERY important. And this trip to Hilton Head made him "get it" even more!

Hahaha it's probably good that I don't live near one! I would have no money. At all. However, someday I am going to come to NYC and we are going to go shopping in all of your Disney stores because they sound awesome!!

Aww did you!? That's awesome. I'm glad you had some pins left over! I know, it's way too hard to know which pins to keep and which to trade! That's why I just buy a new lot every time I go to Disney.

Haha we love you too! Thanks for reading the updates!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #84
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

Oh wow, this resort is beautiful! I checked out the official pics from Disney a few weeks ago, but it's nice to see what it looks like from the eyes of someone who's staying there. I can't wait to read more! I'm not much of a laid-back person when it comes to vacations, so the idea of going to a place like Hilton Head freaks me out a little.

Oh, and the gray Disneyland shirt? My dad got the t-shirt version of that when we were there in 2010. Sadly, his did not hold up well, but he tends to ruin shirts in the laundry. Hopefully yours will last longer!
flyergrad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #85
librarymouse
Mouseketeer

Yay, 3 new updates!!

That was so nice of the CM to give you the pin you wanted! I love the ones you traded for too, especially the Monorail of course! The pin binder sounds awesome!

The villa is so spacious and homey looking! I love the little carvings and the checkerboard built right into the table. The breakfast booth is really cute too.

Those desserts look so delicious- I don't know how your brother could resist them! I can never say no to cheesecake!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #86
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

Haha that will be me someday! Where are you working?
I am just working at a local Disney Store! I love it!! (Lol I could tell which SPECIFIC one if you wanted, but I'd probably PM you that just to be safe. )

YAY Hilton Head finally! It looks so amazing there. I really would love to go there. I love your family. I love how even when you don't vacation at Disney, you still go some place Disney! I want to do that. PERFECT. You should PM me a bit more detailed info on what your dad does! Not to be a creep or specifics, but I was so excited when I read he is in insurance. My boyfriend is starting to go down a career path to get into that and I'm just glad it's accommodating to Disney trips! I'm just wondering if it's similar things or if your dad did anything special to get into it. I think my DBF is taking specific classes or something.
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #87
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

In case you have time today! I was so happy when I watched this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcFpKKiDaXY

I wanna sleep on Splash!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:17 AM   #88
ChelseyBun20
Earning My Ears

Okay, so I've just caught up!! I am in LOVE with the villa you stayed in, it looks soooo nice! And your meal at The Kingfisher looked amazing - all the food looks yummy, especially the Bailey's chocolate chip cheesecake!
I adore all your pins, the Monorail License plate one is great. I've never been into pin trading, every time I go to WDW I really want to start but just don't seem to get round to it!
Can't wait to hear more
ChelseyBun20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #89
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer

joining in! great TR! you and Preston make such an adorable couple!!!! xo
dreamerchic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #90
hollisterluva92
DIS Veteran

-I'm in! (As usual) I could never miss any kind of a Jess TR!!!!!
-I seriously just wanna fly to where you are and have you do my nails!
-I cannot wait to fly solo!
-I love sweet potato fries!!!! And anything made from/with sweet potatoes in general!
-Preston is the sweetest guy!
-Holy Moly! Beautiful views!!!! I'm so jealous!
-I love scrabble! No one really likes to play games here
-That puppy is SO freakin adorable!
-I really wanna try chick-fil-a!
-I love those cookies and cream bars! They're my favorite candy!
-So jealous of all your purchases! We have an outlet about 45 min. from us, and I have never been! I've been wanting to go, but between work, school, and a social life, I just haven't had the time!
-I have the pink cinderella blanket, and as soon as I get to the Disney Store I am buying that Ariel one! I can't even tell you how many times I put it in my online cart, but I can never justify the shipping costs to buy it online!
-I have been dying to order some of the magical ribbons bows, but I never seem to catch her sales Do you know when she's having another one?
-Sounds like you had an awesome time in Georgia
-I have Such a random mix of songs on my ipod!
-I've been eyeing up that tinkerbell sweater too
-LOVE that heart dress! Adorbs!
-I look at that heart sweater every time I go to target!
-I love those pins! I have a list going of the pins I want, and I just added the chip one and the hitch hiking ghost and the monorail license plate!
-I just love the details they put into the rooms!
-All of that food looks Delish!

2014--August--MOVING TO FLORIDA FOR GOOD!!
2014--May--Best Friend Trip! All Star Sports
2013-DCP Spring--Entertainment Costuming/Character Performer
2010-Port Orleans Riverside (Mother/Daughter Graduation Trip) (Age 17)
2008-Saratoga Springs (Grandparents & Grandkids) (Age 15)
2007-All Star Music (High School Band Trip) (Age 14)
2004-Animal Kingdom Lodge (Age 11)
1998-Grand Floridian (Age 6 and Brother 6 months)
1997-Grand Floridian (Age 5)
1996-Grand Floridian (Age 4)
1995-Grand Floridian (Age 3)
hollisterluva92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: