Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #61
Anntan
Mouseketeer
 
Anntan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 97

Oh My goodness you and Preston are the cutest together!!! Georgia sounds like it was incredible!!!! I totally get your shopping impulses man. And sales? Forget it. buy everything.

Excited to hear more!
__________________


Lover of all things Magical.
In hopes of becoming a part of the Disney Cast Member Family in the near future!

Working on my first Trip report (March 2012) right now!

"Charlie, Everybody's HOT" - March 2012 Mother/Daughter mini-trip


Fall 2002 - Polynesian
June 2010 - Grand Floridian
March 2012 - Grand Floridian and Audition
Anntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #62
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!
 
MissPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 795

Hi Jess. Aww you and Preston are such a cute couple!! The grounds of the school are gorgeous. I'm glad you had your moment with the Taylor Swift song lol. That Disney outlet looks amazing. Looking forward to Hilton Head. -Amanda
__________________
MissPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #63
jojosmom23
Earning My Ears
 
jojosmom23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: milltown nj
Posts: 44

Im here jess! so glad you had such a great visit with preston! Looking forward to HH report.

Jenn
__________________
surprise trip to celebrate all 3 boys birthdays


jojosmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #64
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

Sounds like a great visit! I would have cleaned out that Disney store too! I'm so sad that they closed the only Disney store I had access to. Now the only one is 3 hours away.
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #65
princess_momma
DIS Veteran
 
princess_momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,431

Jess!! I am here!! You and Preston are so adorable. Sounds like you were absolutely having the best time and I am so glad you got to experience that!! What a magical time that you will always treasure! I cannot wait for more!!

I feel like such a Disney Store geek now. I was like naming prices and sales that we have in our store when showing items you posted! But as a Disneyland Outlet , you got a bunch of stuff I don't see! I'm so jealous of the ToT sweatshirt! I don't know how I am making it through life without ToT clothes. I mean, I have the bathrobe but people judge when I wear that in public. Plus it is wayyyy too hot. Plus, I spilled on it
__________________
Kimmy (24) , DBF G (27) , DS L (6)
Sept '09 Pop Century, Aug '10 Pop Century, June '11 Old Key West, Oct '13 Pop Century...Nov '14 Boardwalk Villas - AS DVC OWNERS!
October 2013 Trip Video
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #66
ChelseyBun20
Earning My Ears
 
ChelseyBun20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 44

Loved reading about your visit to Preston's, it looks like you had an amazing time!! Can't believe how much you bought from the Disney Store haha, I want it all!! The UK Disney Stores aren't as good we hardly have any Women's clothes or anything like that -- it's mainly kids stuff, which is totally unfair as I love Disney just as much!

Can't wait to read the rest!
ChelseyBun20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #67
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats
 
Aussiesalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 529

I love how much you got at The Disney Store!! Those pictures on instagram just kept coming
I feel your pain though, ALL the Disney stores in Australia shut about 10 years ago! Ughghhh What?

You and Preston are precious together!
I love those moments of complete happiness where everything in the world just makes sense. Even better when it's connected to a song that can keep taking you back there
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #68
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anntan View Post
Oh My goodness you and Preston are the cutest together!!! Georgia sounds like it was incredible!!!! I totally get your shopping impulses man. And sales? Forget it. buy everything.

Excited to hear more!
Aww thanks girl! It really was! And gahh I know. Especially Disney sales! Might as well buy everything - it's not like I can go there often enough to spread it out.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hi Jess. Aww you and Preston are such a cute couple!! The grounds of the school are gorgeous. I'm glad you had your moment with the Taylor Swift song lol. That Disney outlet looks amazing. Looking forward to Hilton Head. -Amanda
Thank you so much! They really are. Haha yeah, that was just a great night! It was AMAZING - I wish I could go back! I can't wait to post the next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosmom23 View Post
Im here jess! so glad you had such a great visit with preston! Looking forward to HH report.

Jenn
Thank you so much! I can't wait to post the updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Sounds like a great visit! I would have cleaned out that Disney store too! I'm so sad that they closed the only Disney store I had access to. Now the only one is 3 hours away.
Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one! I know, that's exactly how we are! And the sick thing is that we used to have THREE of them. No fair. At least they still exist in other places, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Jess!! I am here!! You and Preston are so adorable. Sounds like you were absolutely having the best time and I am so glad you got to experience that!! What a magical time that you will always treasure! I cannot wait for more!!

I feel like such a Disney Store geek now. I was like naming prices and sales that we have in our store when showing items you posted! But as a Disneyland Outlet , you got a bunch of stuff I don't see! I'm so jealous of the ToT sweatshirt! I don't know how I am making it through life without ToT clothes. I mean, I have the bathrobe but people judge when I wear that in public. Plus it is wayyyy too hot. Plus, I spilled on it
Aww thank you so much! I am so glad I did too! It was wonderful Thank you!

Bahahaha I'm so proud! Yeah there was a TON of sweatshirts - that's what really made my night! LOL you have the TOT bathrobe!? That is AWESOME! I need to get one of those once I get my cast member discount someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseyBun20 View Post
Loved reading about your visit to Preston's, it looks like you had an amazing time!! Can't believe how much you bought from the Disney Store haha, I want it all!! The UK Disney Stores aren't as good we hardly have any Women's clothes or anything like that -- it's mainly kids stuff, which is totally unfair as I love Disney just as much!

Can't wait to read the rest!
I'm glad you enjoyed it! I definitely did. Haha yeah for that amount of stuff I really didn't spend that much - it was AWESOME! Most of the "regular" Disney Stores are like that... this one was just WAY better because it was an outlet. I went to one in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania on the way home and it wasn't as good, sadly.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
I love how much you got at The Disney Store!! Those pictures on instagram just kept coming
I feel your pain though, ALL the Disney stores in Australia shut about 10 years ago! Ughghhh What?

You and Preston are precious together!
I love those moments of complete happiness where everything in the world just makes sense. Even better when it's connected to a song that can keep taking you back there
Haha I hope you enjoyed them! I had to buy everything - it was on sale!! And I never get to the Disney stores so it's fine. It's not an everyday occurrence.

Aww man I'm so sorry! That absolutely stinks!

Thank you! So do I. It's rare for them to happen lately because I have been feeling so stressed, but that trip to Georgia was full of them! I was so happy
__________________
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #69
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran
 
ProudMommyof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: RedSox/Patriots Nation
Posts: 2,542

Signing on! Thinking about Hilton Head for next summer and I can't wait to hear about your trip!
__________________
Me(Pam) DH DS15 DD13

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #70
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
 
petals's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,228

I love the Disney outlets

We have a disney store in Dublin but everything is soooooooooooo expensive

Also I want an Oswald
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #71
princess_momma
DIS Veteran
 
princess_momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

Bahahaha I'm so proud! Yeah there was a TON of sweatshirts - that's what really made my night! LOL you have the TOT bathrobe!? That is AWESOME! I need to get one of those once I get my cast member discount someday!
CM discounts are the best. I have used it twice already and haven't even worked a week. And I'm surprised it's that few! It's just a big circle of money distribution. Work --> Kimmy --> Disney and it just keeps repeating!
__________________
Kimmy (24) , DBF G (27) , DS L (6)
Sept '09 Pop Century, Aug '10 Pop Century, June '11 Old Key West, Oct '13 Pop Century...Nov '14 Boardwalk Villas - AS DVC OWNERS!
October 2013 Trip Video
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #72
LouDisney
DIS Veteran
 
LouDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 991

Count me in!! I can't wait to read more!
__________________
Lisa

LouDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #73
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran
 
Bethislucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: York, SC
Posts: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post


You are SO lucky you live that close! I would be there all the time.

We go a good bit and there is a regular disney store in pineville that's even closer. You should see my family when we go shopping together and I go in the disney store they don't understand why a 32 & 33(my cousin) year old get so excited about it. I'm trying to win them over.
__________________
~Beth~
Bethislucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #74
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Signing on! Thinking about Hilton Head for next summer and I can't wait to hear about your trip!
Welcome! That's a great idea - we loved our trip there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I love the Disney outlets

We have a disney store in Dublin but everything is soooooooooooo expensive

Also I want an Oswald
So do I! Aww man that really stinks! And haha I could understand why - Oswald is so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
CM discounts are the best. I have used it twice already and haven't even worked a week. And I'm surprised it's that few! It's just a big circle of money distribution. Work --> Kimmy --> Disney and it just keeps repeating!
Haha that will be me someday! Where are you working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouDisney View Post
Count me in!! I can't wait to read more!
Awesome! Thanks for being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
We go a good bit and there is a regular disney store in pineville that's even closer. You should see my family when we go shopping together and I go in the disney store they don't understand why a 32 & 33(my cousin) year old get so excited about it. I'm trying to win them over.
That's really awesome! Haha don't worry - I've been there before! When I went shopping at the Disney Store Preston's Mom was with us and she probably thought I was insane for buying so much Oh well! You gotta do what you love and not worry about what other people think!
__________________
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #75
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Update #1: ROAD TRIP!
August 17th, 2012

This morning I woke up at 8:45 and I went upstairs to get Preston up! We had to get movin’! IT WAS TIME TO GO TO HILTON HEAD!! I took a shower, packed up, and got ready to go. Then I had to go re-wake Preston up so we could leave.

His best friend Drew came over to say hi since he had been in Virginia all week. He wanted to visit again before I left since we live so far away. Since we're two of the most important people in Preston's life we need to be friends.

We grabbed some blueberry muffins for breakfast that we bought the night before. BEST BREAKFAST EVER. They tasted absolutely fantastic.



We were chatting and Drew mentioned how he was planning on going to McDonald’s for breakfast. So Preston was like “you know they stop serving it at 11 right…?” So he just hopped in his car and BOLTED out of there! It was already 10:30 and he needed some time to get there! Hahaha what a frump.

We hit the road at 11:15! Preston picked up his paycheck, we filled up the car with gas, and we started driving!



WE MATCH! (But mine are better )



We listened to my favorite song, “We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together” by Taylor Swift a couple times because, you know, that was extremely necessary. I think the song grew on Preston, but maybe just because it reminds him of me.



I kept shuffling through the songs, we listened to a bunch of stuff. Some 90’s music like NSYNC or Backstreet Boys, some musical soundtracks, some Disney music, some Beach Boys, The Beatles, Nickle Creek, The Punch Brothers, Taylor Swift, etc. I have a VERY wide variety of music on my iPod.

After a couple hours, we decided that we were getting hungry. Since we saw a sign for Panera earlier, we decided we wanted to look for one of those! We plugged it into the GPS and there was one only 13 miles away! So we drove there and got our delicious lunches.



They had free samples M&M sugar cookies and they were SO GOOD. I had to have one.

We were slightly disappointed when no ice came out of the "ice water" spout. Fart shoes!



I got a You Pick Two: Broccoli Cheddar Soup and a BBQ Chopped Chicken salad. That's my Panera meal of choice.



Preston got a You Pick Two with a Turkey Sandwich and French Onion Soup in a Bread Bowl.



Then we split the yummy cookie! It was one of the softest and most amazing cookies ever! That free sample got me and I don't regret a thing. 99 cents well spent!



Then Preston was like "I'm trying to think of an excuse to go to Target." He's awesome. The kid reads my mind. I was like umm I ALWAYS want to go to Target! So we did!



I wanted to look and see if there were any Disney Artist Collection clothes there and THERE WERE! They had the Tinkerbell sweatshirt that I had my eye on (IN MY SIZE!) so of course I had to buy it!



They had some REALLY great clothes at this Target so I did a bit of shopping. I decided on a REALLY precious blue dress with white hearts and a yellow belt. Preston thought it was really cute, and even the lady who worked there said it was adorable! That was my favorite thing that I bought. There was also a navy and gray dress that I found on clearance! VERY cute!



I found a heart sweater, too! It was frumpy and obnoxious but it looked really cute on me! I could not pass it up.



Also on our way out, I saw the perfect Pac Man shirt (in the men's section lol) that Preston bought the other day when we were at Walmart! IT SAYS NOM NOM NOM ON IT! How much better could it possibly be?! I had to get it!!



We stopped in the video game section before we left (of course) and then we checked out. Thankfully I had a $50 gift card that I was given as a gift last semester so it was put to good use!

We went to Bank of America for Preston to take out some money and then we kept driving! We only had about three or four more hours to go.

I cuddled with my Sorcerer Mickey and new Ariel blanket and cranked up the tunes. My iPod was getting a workout that day!



Then a huge rainstorm suddenly began! We were driving, singing a little song, and then BAM. This HUGE wall of water just fell on us! It was the weirdest and coolest thing EVER!! We were like WHOAAAA OH MY GOD! Thankfully Preston is a good driver so he helped us survive the storm!



The drive went by so fast. That was honestly one of the greatest days ever. I didn’t even want the 6 hour road trip to end! I was having a blast and I was SO happy. That day was just perfect in every way. Preston and I always have so much fun and I love spending time with him. Those 3 months apart really made me appreciate every moment that we have together!

Continued in Next Post
__________________

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 08-29-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: