Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 06:25 AM   #241
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran
 
disneyshakeygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 868

Sad it's over, but glad you had a great time!
__________________
disneyshakeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #242
emma212010
DIS Veteran
 
emma212010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 1,194 miles from the Magic Kingdom
Posts: 1,168

Great report! Thanks for sharing- I know so much more about HHI now! It seems like an amazing place to visit! I can't wait to hear about your fall WDW trip.... OHHH, and ummm maybe something called YOUR DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM INTERNSHIP??!! I can't wait to hear all about it!
__________________
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR


Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #243
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
Sad it's over, but glad you had a great time!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Great report! Thanks for sharing- I know so much more about HHI now! It seems like an amazing place to visit! I can't wait to hear about your fall WDW trip.... OHHH, and ummm maybe something called YOUR DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM INTERNSHIP??!! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Thank you! I'm glad that you learned a lot - that was the goal! it really is! And ahh lots of fun stuff coming up! Thank you!
__________________
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #244
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,453

Yet another great TR by Jess! I learned so much about Hilton Head, I barely knew anything about it before! It looks amazing, but I'm with you, I prefer the go-go-go feeling of Disney World. But I definitely want to experience it someday anyway.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #245
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!
 
RachelNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,440

Great TR! I just read it straight through. It's definitely a different kind of vacation than Disney. It seems like the kind of place my dad would like as well because it's a lot more relaxing. But it would definitely be a great compromise to have all those Disney touches! What a great relaxing vacation to have with Preston though! Love all the Mickey waffles you've had and ALL the food pictures, YUM! I love food pics even if they're not from Disney.
__________________
Always the Weird to my Ninja

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #246
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats
 
Aussiesalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 529

Never apologise for shopping too much. Everything you got was super cute, and with sales like that...well...who could resist?
That last dress from Macys is stunning! Looks perfect on you.

Quote:
I guess it's either a northern thing or a crazy person thing to eat honey with sweet potato fries.
Wow that is crazy! I can't even imagine what that would be like, super curious to try it now.

Thanks for sharing this with us Jess!
You gave us such a good look at the Hilton Head and it was another fab trip report
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #247
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Yet another great TR by Jess! I learned so much about Hilton Head, I barely knew anything about it before! It looks amazing, but I'm with you, I prefer the go-go-go feeling of Disney World. But I definitely want to experience it someday anyway.
Thanks Lia! I'm glad that I was able to share my experience with you guys so you could learn about it! Yeah, to each his own when it comes to vacations. But I still enjoyed myself nonetheless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Great TR! I just read it straight through. It's definitely a different kind of vacation than Disney. It seems like the kind of place my dad would like as well because it's a lot more relaxing. But it would definitely be a great compromise to have all those Disney touches! What a great relaxing vacation to have with Preston though! Love all the Mickey waffles you've had and ALL the food pictures, YUM! I love food pics even if they're not from Disney.
Thank you! Yes definitely, it was nice and relaxing but still had the Disney touches that we all love! It was AWESOME to have Preston come with us. And aww thanks! I agree - food is good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Never apologise for shopping too much. Everything you got was super cute, and with sales like that...well...who could resist?
That last dress from Macys is stunning! Looks perfect on you.


Wow that is crazy! I can't even imagine what that would be like, super curious to try it now.

Thanks for sharing this with us Jess!
You gave us such a good look at the Hilton Head and it was another fab trip report
Hahaha thank you for understanding about my shopping obsession!
Thank you!

You're so welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
__________________
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #248
cindianne320
Mouseketeer
 
cindianne320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 458

What a great end to your TR! I enjoyed following along and learning about a new place!
__________________
DH Me DS (4) DD (1)
My (very bare) Fall 2013 Pre-trip Report!
7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #249
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
What a great end to your TR! I enjoyed following along and learning about a new place!
Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it!
__________________
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #250
heathsf
DIS Veteran
 
heathsf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,013

Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed the TR. I was watching Sonic commercials for so long before they finally opened one in my area. When it was new, the lines of cars backed up the highways and people would wait on line for hours! Once that finally died down I tried it and it really was good. Funny enough, I hardly ever see the commercials anymore!
heathsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #251
wigeboo
Mouseketeer
 
wigeboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: WALES
Posts: 207

what a great trip report thanks
__________________



me DH DD




Planning my tenth Disney holiday
wigeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #252
princess_momma
DIS Veteran
 
princess_momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,422

What an amazing trip report! I really would love to book a trip to HH now!
__________________
Kimmy (24) , DBF G (26) , DS L (5)
Sept '09 Pop Century, Aug '10 Pop Century, June '11 Old Key West, Oct '13 Pop Century...next Nov '14 Boardwalk Villas - AS DVC OWNERS!
October 2013 Trip Video
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #253
disney ny
Mouseketeer
 
disney ny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 236

I just had to comment and say what a great trip report. I felt like I was right there with you and now I so want to go to HH! I learned so much and since it is closer than WDW maybe we can use our points there sometime soon. I really enjoy your reports.
disney ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #254
Skybabyy
In my Laughing Place
 
Skybabyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: California!
Posts: 28

Omgoshhhhh I never knew this little miniature Disney heavens existed!!! SO fantastic wow!! XDD I love following your family around and TRUST I would go crazy shopping too LOL You and Preston are precious and cute!! Congrats on another fantastic family vacation!!
Skybabyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #255
DisneyAngel12
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyAngel12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybabyy
Omgoshhhhh I never knew this little miniature Disney heavens existed!!! SO fantastic wow!! XDD I love following your family around and TRUST I would go crazy shopping too LOL You and Preston are precious and cute!! Congrats on another fantastic family vacation!!
This was an excellent TR. I enjoyed every word.
__________________


Disney Angel
Guardian Angel over all things Disney
SSR DVC



Have a Disney Day!
DisneyAngel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: