Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #166
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Yum... it may only be 7:30 am but those pictures got me in the mood for a good lunch!
heathsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #167
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Kristen & Preston need to start a photography business together, let's be honest here.

WHOA the colors on that lizard! Amazing! And overall this is just one of the most beautiful resorts ever. I hope I get to stay there someday!

I love little French bistros. Those food pics just made me HUNNNNGRAY. Thank God my mom is coming home with Chipotle. Bless that woman, hahaha.

OH HEY YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD IN A WEEK NOT A BIG DEAL JUST THOUGHT I'D BRING IT UP. And I'm going in 24 days. lalalaalalallalalalaa
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #168
missnarwhale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

Hahaha no ones mad Thanks for reading so much! And aww I'm so glad they're your favorite!
Hahaha aww thank you! What a compliment! My hair is naturally curly and it's really thick. But I use Curls Rock by Cat Walk and that has been working well for many years!

Well, now I know what I'm buying this weekend. Curls Rock and an immersion blender. For fall soups. Obviously. Ha. I have thick curly hair, too. I hope it works for me!

It seems like you are all really enjoying Hilton Head. It's one of my favorite places to stay, besides Disney World of course. My family is DVC, too. We really took advantage of Hilton Head for spring break trips when I was in high school. I love the beach at low tide. The tide pools are amazing. We found the sand dollars, too. But they stained our hands and feet green?

I need Mickey waffles pronto.
missnarwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #169
emma212010
DIS Veteran

I love that Winnie the Pooh pin so much!!! It's adorable!

You have beautiful hair!! Just thought I'd let you know! LOL! But seriously, I wish I could grow mine long! But it's too fine, so it doesn't look very good!

You guys are so cute! Beautiful pictures!

And that lunch looked delicious!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #170
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
Yum... it may only be 7:30 am but those pictures got me in the mood for a good lunch!
Hahaha yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Kristen & Preston need to start a photography business together, let's be honest here.

WHOA the colors on that lizard! Amazing! And overall this is just one of the most beautiful resorts ever. I hope I get to stay there someday!

I love little French bistros. Those food pics just made me HUNNNNGRAY. Thank God my mom is coming home with Chipotle. Bless that woman, hahaha.

OH HEY YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD IN A WEEK NOT A BIG DEAL JUST THOUGHT I'D BRING IT UP. And I'm going in 24 days. lalalaalalallalalalaa
But really. They have great frump-tography skills.

I know! He was so cool! It really was gorgeous in every aspect. I hope you get to, too!

Me too! YUM YUM that food was delicious. Hahaha seriously, BLESS HER. I want Chipotle so bad now.

OH MY GOD IN 5 DAYS I AM GOING TO FREAKING DISNEY WORLD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED!!!! And you're going so soon after! EEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missnarwhale View Post
Well, now I know what I'm buying this weekend. Curls Rock and an immersion blender. For fall soups. Obviously. Ha. I have thick curly hair, too. I hope it works for me!

It seems like you are all really enjoying Hilton Head. It's one of my favorite places to stay, besides Disney World of course. My family is DVC, too. We really took advantage of Hilton Head for spring break trips when I was in high school. I love the beach at low tide. The tide pools are amazing. We found the sand dollars, too. But they stained our hands and feet green?

I need Mickey waffles pronto.
Hahaha perfect! It should work for you too, then! Let me know!

We really did! I loved it a lot. It's such a nice little spot to go. What great memories you must have! And ahh yes the sand dollars were dying our hands colors too!

ME TOO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
I love that Winnie the Pooh pin so much!!! It's adorable!

You have beautiful hair!! Just thought I'd let you know! LOL! But seriously, I wish I could grow mine long! But it's too fine, so it doesn't look very good!

You guys are so cute! Beautiful pictures!

And that lunch looked delicious!
I know! It's adorable.

Aww thank you so much! I'm sure you're hair is pretty too no matter what length it is!

Why thank you! I'm glad you liked them!

It was!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #171
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #11: Meeting Shadow and Giuseppe's for Dinner!
August 19th, 2012

We were back!

We went up to the Live Oak Lodge because Shadow was out!

Shadow is Disneys only living mascot and shes the dog that lives at Disneys Hilton Head Resort. Shes absolutely BEAUTIFUL, so calm and so cute! She was just laying there like a precious little angel.

The guy who takes care of her is Bloo and he was telling us all about her! He was such a great cast member. We took some pictures with Shadow and got to pet her.

There are a lot of stories about Shadow's background and such, but I didn't catch them because I was distracted by how adorable she was. That is exactly the kind of dog I want when I'm older! Only I want a boy dog. And I want to name him Pluto. Yes, I decided that when I was 12 AND THE DREAM HAS NOT YET DIED!!

Then we went inside and looked around. Dad and Jonathan were playing checkers and pool.

I went to go look at the pins again and I got a Daisy pin, a teapot, and a United Kingdom pin!

Then I went back into couch/TV room and Preston and I played checkers. He creamed me. Merp.

Then we went back out to see shadow again because shes that cute.

Bloo signed my little Shadow postcard for me! They're available right in the lobby.

We loved Shadow! SUCH A CUTE PUPPY!

Then it started pouring again but we walked back to the room. Preston and Mom played some game called Pick Two which is a little scrabble-esque. I typed up some more trip notes.

Then Mom, Jonathan, and Dad went down to play horseshoes. Preston and I decided that we wanted to go swimming!

The pool was such a great temperature! It was on the warmer side but it was still cool enough to be refreshing. We went down the slide about 4 or 5 times. It is so fast! I loved it!

We swam around and went in the hot tub and such. It was awesome and we really enjoyed our time there. It started raining a little bit but we kept swimming for a while.

We got out eventually and we went upstairs to the gift shop. THERE WAS A NEW CAST MEMBER IN THERE AND SHE HAD NEW PINS!!! She had a JASMINE pin, a SNOW WHITE pin, a 5 LEGGED GOAT PIN, and A RAPUNZEL PIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited. I wanted them all, and even though I traded for a few more than youre technically supposed to trade for, she let me get away with it because I was so excited. AHH it was such a good find! I was so happy.

Then we went back to the room, I showered, and we got ready for dinner. Preston and I went back up to the gift shop to get some DVDs to rent. We got Mulan and the Three Caballeros, (which I never got to watch) and I also bought us some Mickey Rice Krispies and I got a Partners Statue/Donald/Goofy pin. EEP. So happy.

We met back up with everyone at the car and drove to Giuseppe's for a late dinner. I heard about this place the most when looking at reviews for Hilton Head and it did not disappoint! I was looking forward to it the most and it ended up being my favorite restaurant!

We had about a 20-25 minute wait because it was crowded, but we really werent mad. In the mean time we took some pictures:

Family photo!

We didn't eat until around 9 o'clock, but once we were seated we were well taken care of! We placed our orders and took a few pictures while we waited:

Me and the guys (:

My precious parents. They look so happy!

We got garlic bread first which tasted AWESOME. We got half cheese and half regular. Very good idea, boys. I love when we get extra food. YUMMAY.

Dad got a salad to start. Ahh, the healthy appetizer.

Then Mom got eggplant parm:

Dad got spaghetti:

They were both very enjoyable. Great carb filled meals of deliciousness.

Then Jonathan, Preston, and I split a Pepperoni Pizza. We are from a town that is VERY picky about good pizza and I have to say, this pizza was extremely delicious! I absolutely loved it! I ate a little more than two pieces. It was just so good& I am still sad that its gone. I didnt even have room for dessert because I was so full, but gahh that was good. It definitely lived up to my expectations!

We went back to the resort and everyone besides me played Scrabble while I caught up on trip reporting notes again. Preston won scrabble because hes ridiculously good at that game.

Then everyone wen to bed and Preston and I watched Mulan! Except I watched up to the part where she first arrives at the training camp and I was out. The next thing I knew, the movie was over! I woke up and I was shocked that it was over already! I was really overheated because I was wearing a sweatshirt and I was so full from eating dinner so late at night. So it was a bad combination.

So I finally went to sleep at about two oclock.. and I had a really hard time falling asleep on this night. Probably because I was sad Preston was leaving the next day and because I hit such a big food wall and it wouldnt go away. Mehh. Ah well.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 10-12-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #172
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

luvin the princess pins you got.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #173
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Loving the relaxing feel to your trip! We just booked our 1st trip to HHI for next summer and I have showed my family all your pictures to get excited!

I just hope that 1 week at the beach will keep us entertained when we are used to park touring at WDW.

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #174
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

SHADOW IS ADORABLE ABJKVAKVHLFQIBJKSBJDBJWHUYUTE OMG.

You got so many amazing pins! The five legged goat one is AWESOME!

Your dinner looks so good! I could go for some garlic bread…at 8:30 in the morning.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #175
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

I love Shadow!!! That is all!
Oh wait and the 5 legged goat pin

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #176
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Ahhh, Shadow is so cute!!!!! She's so beautiful!

Wow, those pins are amazing! You sure hit your jackpot! I'm glad she let you trade more... it's the little things that make CMs so amazing!!

That pizza looked wonderful!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #177
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

Awww! Shadow's so cute! I found a Disney Parks blog entry about her and apparently she showed up when the resort was being built, so they let her stay! So sweet!

I love the Partners statue pin! You've traded for a lot of good pins on this trip!

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
flyergrad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #178
aras4007
Mouseketeer

LOVE that partner's statue with Pluto and Goofy...soooo cute! That pizza looks awesome!
Old 09-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #179
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

•Shadow is so cute! It's so cute she gets a CM nametag.
•Love that 5 legged goat pin.
•Mmm, I've heard great things about Giuseppi's! That eggplant parm looks fab.
•Yay, my favorite movie is Mulan!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL December 2004 - DLR: Offsite December 2005 - DLR: Offsite August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010 - WDW: POP Century November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #180
bdoleary
Mouseketeer

Great trip report and great pictures - Hilton Head looks great - sounds like you had a great trip!
bdoleary is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: