Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
joyah
living on the funny farm

It's the weekend!! 8/25 & 26

Prayers and thoughts for all those in need.

Today is Party day. We are closing in on the 1 year anniversary of IRENE! Hard to believe its been a year, a VERY VERY tring year. Our village is getting there slowly only 4 families have walked away. But we will be better off in the long run.

so beans are cooked and staying warm.

I need to
run to do errands
grain store and walmart
make deviled eggs for party
pack for party (we are walking up so no need of a DD)
shower and leave

Hope you all have a great weekend

joyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
Reddy
Scrapbooker

Christy - have a great time at the party

I'm going to work on the Africa scetion of the AK album this week-end, tomorrow MIL & SFIL are suppose to come over (they didn't make it the last few times)
Need to call mom is a few minutes - after I get some more coffee

should be a nice week-end
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Good Morning!

Prayers and pixies dust to all those in need.

Christy, enjoy the party!
Reddy, hope you enjoy the time with the inlaws!

The kiddos want to go mini golfing before Josh goes to work today. Then I will work on cutting some more for MAW pages.

Need to get some laundry done and ironing.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Morning Christy, Reddy and Cassey - you are all such early risers!!! ...and yes, LindaBabe, I saw your post at 4:15 AM - omg!!!
Sleep is one thing I have no problem doing. Even the dog sleeps as long as me!
This is family weekend - my dd#1 and grandson arrive today, and tomorrow, the rest of the daughters and families will be here for lunch! I love when they are around, and just wish Roger were here to see how wonderful they are!! I know he is with us in spirit. Can't believe it will be 4 yrs next month since he passed!!
Anyone seen "The Candidate?" Looks so funny, so we are headed out tonight to see it.
Hope you all have a great weekend partying, golfing and getting your Africa section completed.. Enjoy it!
Old 08-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

happy weekend!

sounds like everyone has fun in the works! enjoy!!!

I have my nail appt....messed up my time yesterday so rescheduled for today , then we are heading out to Rachal's for their open house!

tomorrow will do some housework and get my photos ordered, uploaded to PB and maybe work on the Art swap

have a wonderful weeekend!!!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
mybestieismickey
DIS Veteran

Morning everyone! Prayers and Pixie Dust to those that need it.

Today I have:
mountains of laundry to climb
DH out the door to work at 1
and a baby shower this afternoon--could be uncomfortable, but we''ll see

In between everything else, I think I will work on kitting pages. I am so far behind and don't even know where to start, so that seems like a good place.

Happy Saturday everyone!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend..
Christy enjoy your party... I have a sorority sister at GTMO and they are buckling down for Isaac.. need to keep an eye on her over the weekend and call Grams in FLA..
Becky, stay safe!!!!

Today:
DS16 soccer game Won!
DS18 football game at the downtown stadium Won!!
dinner out with my boys Loved it!!!
check in with PJ.. they had a surprise party for one of the boys last night She broke out her create to make decorations w/ her roomies. had a blast and making plans for tonight with the same group.

Sunday:
kit pages to scrap on Monday got 5 pages kitted til we started a game outside..
enjoy day with boys done, had a blast
skype with PJ the group of "regulars" went out today; she hopes to find time tonight.. LOL Makes me smile!!
review online college classes I want to enroll in will finalize my list tomorrow..

Secrets still a go...but they keep taking my computer...

Last edited by PrincessNancy96; 08-26-2012 at 07:31 PM.
PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

Have fun everyone and stay safe.

Had big plans to scrapbook today, but can't get motivated! I think I am exhausted from our first full week of school with the kiddos. This working thing takes it out of me some weeks. Went to Kohl's and now Im probably going to go swimming. Well tomorrow it will be rainy and DH will be in Madrid so hopefully I can get motivated to scrap I will say I was impressed with how organized I was this whole week flying solo. Laundry is done and I just have a few chores to do. I think I realized it all landed on my shoulders so I couldn't procrastinate
Old 08-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
Reddy
Scrapbooker

I need to work on some laundry myself - really don't want to
Old 08-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
Poppins2000
DIS Veteran

On what a stressful day, Isaac isn't even here yet - ARGH!!!! We got about 3 inches of rain this morning already. Shutters are up, patio furniture stowed, lanterns and flashlights are out, batteries replaced in all and same with the weather radio. Laundry caught up too! Already have supplies on hand. We are under a Hurricane Warning so he's coming....

Power was out for an hour today already - a dry run, hahaha! All local channels have had NOTHING but Hurricane coverage and then there's the Weather Channel, you get glued and watch and watch but then, enough already! So we made cocktails and watcheed a dark comedy called "Bernie" starring Jack Black and Shirley Maclaine...it was okay.

Gonna scrap for a bit, maybe take a bubble bath afterwards to relax. I may or may not be online tomorrow depending on the power. I can always scrap

Becky
2012: AKL-Dream to Bahamas-BLT, BWV, OKW, VBR, OKW, VBR, Dine/Dash @ SSR, Turkey Day at Vero Beach
2011: BCV-Wonder Panama Repo, SSR x 2, AKL, CSR 2010: Wonder Double Dip, CSR-Birthday Trip, YC, AKL, BC, SSR 2009: Magic to Tortola, VWL, POR, POLY, BW, 2008: Magic Eastern Caribbean, ABD Emerald Isle, WL, SSR 2007: Joined DVC 06/07, POR, DWNTWN DIS, GF, SSR 2006: Moved to FL -Yippee! POP, Westgate, POR, Christmas at AKL 2005: Magic Western Caribbean, 2004: Wonder to Bahamas, 2003: DWNTWN DIS 2002: CBR, 2001: Honeymoon @ WL 1977-1998: HS Trips, Solo and Girlie Vacations August 4, 1976: 1st of many trips to WDW!
Poppins2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #11
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

We are under a tropical storm warning at this point. They have closed our schools for Monday already although it looks like we will have heavy wind and rain it doesn't look as though we are in an area for the strongest part of the storm. Hard to believe that 20 years ago today we were cleaning up from Andrew with no power and today we are prepping for another hurricane.

Rebecca
Old 08-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #12
Poppins2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlovew View Post
We are under a tropical storm warning at this point. They have closed our schools for Monday already although it looks like we will have heavy wind and rain it doesn't look as though we are in an area for the strongest part of the storm. Hard to believe that 20 years ago today we were cleaning up from Andrew with no power and today we are prepping for another hurricane.

Rebecca
I know - stay safe! I was living in Orlando when Andrew hit.

Schools are closed here Monday as well. DH works for FPL, out at Turkey Point. He said everything is tied down at the plant, hoping we don't lose power for long, if ever. Hoping Isaac stays as a Tropical Storm; we r gonna get hit with the dirty side of the storm no matter what it is...

Becky
2012: AKL-Dream to Bahamas-BLT, BWV, OKW, VBR, OKW, VBR, Dine/Dash @ SSR, Turkey Day at Vero Beach
2011: BCV-Wonder Panama Repo, SSR x 2, AKL, CSR 2010: Wonder Double Dip, CSR-Birthday Trip, YC, AKL, BC, SSR 2009: Magic to Tortola, VWL, POR, POLY, BW, 2008: Magic Eastern Caribbean, ABD Emerald Isle, WL, SSR 2007: Joined DVC 06/07, POR, DWNTWN DIS, GF, SSR 2006: Moved to FL -Yippee! POP, Westgate, POR, Christmas at AKL 2005: Magic Western Caribbean, 2004: Wonder to Bahamas, 2003: DWNTWN DIS 2002: CBR, 2001: Honeymoon @ WL 1977-1998: HS Trips, Solo and Girlie Vacations August 4, 1976: 1st of many trips to WDW!
Poppins2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #13
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Stay safe Rebecca and Becky... I've been turning on the Weather Channel to check on things when I am home.. have been watching FB too for one of my sorority sisters in GTMO, Cuba.. She said its howling pretty good right now..

Ok, off to skype with DD before they go out w/ the guys tonight... need to share photos of her brothers from today...and get some info about the birthday party last night..

Secrets still a go...but they keep taking my computer...
PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #14
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

stay safe our FL friends

also heard the storm was going over Haiti ....please keep them in your prayers!

had a fun day hanging out at Rachal's! and we took Emily home with us for a sleep over tonight! the girls are tired, so hope they don't keep me up to late tonight!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #15
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
stay safe our FL friends

also heard the storm was going over Haiti ....please keep them in your prayers!

had a fun day hanging out at Rachal's! and we took Emily home with us for a sleep over tonight! the girls are tired, so hope they don't keep me up to late tonight!
glad you made it home sane

Little ones are in bed. DS is still keeping busy. DBF and I re-cleaned the house

DD#2 has a perfirmance at the fair tomorrow bright and early.
home to sort dlr swap.

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: