Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #91
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Wow - thanks for the great update!! And what an upgrade you got!! That is the best! I love the view - I'm looking forward to walking along that pathway on the way to Beaches and Cream soon! It's made me all excited for my trip!!
I think if ever I stay onsite I would stay at Beach Club. I love the fragrance in the lobby and it just seems so "genteel"!!
Looking forward to hearing more.
(Quick question - what program are you using for your photos to put them in the TR? I'm taking my iPad with me when I go and will want to upload some photos too!! Thanks! )

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #92
Melbourne5
DIS Veteran

It looks sensational. Well done on your upgrade too! Enjoy the club level drinks and nibbles.
2010 Operation California & Vegas DLR (Grand Californian)+San Diego+ Las Vegas
2009 Operation USA DLR (Sheraton)
Melbourne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #93
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjd0411
Wow - thanks for the great update!! And what an upgrade you got!! That is the best! I love the view - I'm looking forward to walking along that pathway on the way to Beaches and Cream soon! It's made me all excited for my trip!!
I think if ever I stay onsite I would stay at Beach Club. I love the fragrance in the lobby and it just seems so "genteel"!!
Looking forward to hearing more.
(Quick question - what program are you using for your photos to put them in the TR? I'm taking my iPad with me when I go and will want to upload some photos too!! Thanks! )
We didn't get to eat at beaches And cream, but I saw some pretty satisfied people leaving there !

I'm taking the photos with my iPhone and using the Photobucket app to upload them to my photobucket account. If you then select the uploaded photo in the app and tap the "i" button ( for information) it will display the correct [image]code which you can copy and paste directly into your dis boards post. I've been typing up my posts in the Notes app, pasting in the [image] codes And them just copying and pasting the entire post into the Dis.

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #94
Andona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbourne5
It looks sensational. Well done on your upgrade too! Enjoy the club level drinks and nibbles.
Thanks!

Andona

2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Old 09-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #95
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Happy Anniversary, what an awesome upgrade! I am wondering why you think this will be your last trip to WDW?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #96
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

Oh Andona, staying at BC - my dream !!!! What a great choice for your anniversary trip and I love that Disney is treating you so well
Disneyland and DCA - May 2006 - our children's first Disney trip
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:00 AM   #97
Andona

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4
Happy Anniversary, what an awesome upgrade! I am wondering why you think this will be your last trip to WDW?
Because DH just isn't really into Disney like we are here on the DIS. We've now been to Disneyland twice and WDW twice and he would prefer to spend our holiday dollars seeing new places and trying out new experiences. I do sympathize with him, I'm inclined to think the same way. I never really expected to get back to WDW again after our first trip but as our big road trip
Almost went past the door of WDw , DH was happy enough to stop in there en route. However, With all the other places we've seen in Florida this trip I don't think we are likely to get down there again, but i think it's possible that we might drop in at Disneyland again some time when we are transmitting through L.A. En route to somewhere else! I probably shouldn't say "never"

Andona

Old 09-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #98
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
Because DH just isn't really into Disney like we are here on the DIS. We've now been to Disneyland twice and WDW twice and he would prefer to spend our holiday dollars seeing new places and trying out new experiences. I do sympathize with him, I'm inclined to think the same way. I never really expected to get back to WDW again after our first trip but as our big road trip
Almost went past the door of WDw , DH was happy enough to stop in there en route. However, With all the other places we've seen in Florida this trip I don't think we are likely to get down there again, but i think it's possible that we might drop in at Disneyland again some time when we are transmitting through L.A. En route to somewhere else! I probably shouldn't say "never"

Andona

i understand and am forever grateful that DH has a connection whilst not an addiction like mine to Disney, I guess you could start traveling to Hong Kong, Tokyo and Paris
Old 09-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #99
Melbourne5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona

Andona

I reckon the key is make it part of something broader. As you say DLR on the way in/ out of lax. I think we do DL HK or JPnext as I am not sure I could get away with 5 years in a row in the USA. exchange rate plays a big factor though too which is why we have enjoyed the USA these last few years in particular.
2010 Operation California & Vegas DLR (Grand Californian)+San Diego+ Las Vegas
2009 Operation USA DLR (Sheraton)
Melbourne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #100
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We didn't get to eat at beaches And cream, but I saw some pretty satisfied people leaving there !

I'm taking the photos with my iPhone and using the Photobucket app to upload them to my photobucket account. If you then select the uploaded photo in the app and tap the "i" button ( for information) it will display the correct [image]code which you can copy and paste directly into your dis boards post. I've been typing up my posts in the Notes app, pasting in the [image] codes And them just copying and pasting the entire post into the Dis.

Andona

Thanks for that!! Got to do me some practicing!!!
Beaches and Cream - mmmmm!!!!! Definitely full leaving there!!

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:12 AM   #101
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you had a wonderful couple of days. How fantastic that you received an upgrade
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW
2015 - Planning to head to the UK
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:37 AM   #102
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Great view and nice upgrade. Hope you enjoy it! Happy Anniversary.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:54 AM   #103
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

What an amazing and wonderful upgrade for your anniversary. We are about to celebrate out 20th anniversary in October, dammit I wish we could claim it . The Beach Club is high on my list, would love to stay there and your photos make me want it even more.

TSM and Rope drop - what are the rope drop changes you've mentioned? I haven't been there for 2 years, clearly I'm out of the loop.

Quote:

Andona

Andona - shut up, they are not iphone photos????? I can't believe it. They are really really good. You are so clever to be uploading via your iphone. Hmmmm, you've opened a damn can of worms for me now young lady.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #104
tapdancer
Mouseketeer

Oh Beach Club how I have missed you

September 2011- WDW Beach Club
22 September 2013-8 October 2013 - New York Doubletree Guest Suites Time Square and WDW POR
tapdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #105
Mum from oz
DIS Veteran

Wow, what an awesome upgrade! Sounds like you spent your few precious days in WDW well. I can't wait to do MNSSHP next year. Great photos, thanks for sharing with us!
2013 - Vegas Wedding, Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise, WDW 1st time onsite!!
Mum from oz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: