Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
baf65
Mouseketeer

any one used their expedia.ie tickets

so..looks like our trip to orlando is in jeopardy due to my DH not being albe to be covered for a pre-ex on insurance (long story), he is saying i should go and take the kids on my own as we are meeting my parents from the UK there and who knows if they would ever be able to get there again, as it may be a long long time before DH will get insurance cover....but I would want to change my flights to more direct ones without stopovers and looking on expedia.ie there are some ok prices with QF via DFW
So really has anyone who got hold of those bargain deals a while ago actually used them yet, any issues that anyone knows about? As I used to be a travel agent myself Im always a bit suss about these bargains!!
thanks
baf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

nope i was unable to get these tickets but i hope that you and your dh can sort out some arrangements... i was under the impression that these deals were legit, and were being offered on the expedia.ie website rather than .com or .com.au as an incentive for european visitors to go to the usa...

is it possible that your dh could still travel, just with limited insurance, ie the kind that covers your tickets and cancellations etc when you purchase your flights/vacation with your credit card? i would hope that your dh would not have to skip the vacation just because of a pre-existing medical condition.

my man has some pre-existing conditions, but we were still able to get coverage for him, just not for those conditions, ie asthma. that's ok though, as we take lots of precautions to ensure that he avoids situations that would cause an attack, and we take lots of preventative and in-case-of-attack medicines with us anyways...

good luck

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506
nope i was unable to get these tickets but i hope that you and your dh can sort out some arrangements... i was under the impression that these deals were legit, and were being offered on the expedia.ie website rather than .com or .com.au as an incentive for european visitors to go to the usa...

is it possible that your dh could still travel, just with limited insurance, ie the kind that covers your tickets and cancellations etc when you purchase your flights/vacation with your credit card? i would hope that your dh would not have to skip the vacation just because of a pre-existing medical condition.

my man has some pre-existing conditions, but we were still able to get coverage for him, just not for those conditions, ie asthma. that's ok though, as we take lots of precautions to ensure that he avoids situations that would cause an attack, and we take lots of preventative and in-case-of-attack medicines with us anyways...

good luck
We also travelled this time knowing that we did not have cover for my DH's pre-existing condition (inflammatory arthritis) . We're the same as you , Alicia. We have all the meds with us and my DHs condition isn't the sort of thing that might suddenly land him in hospital or anything. So we thought it was ok to do that. I don't think I'd run the risk if it was something like a heart condition though.

Baf, I really hope you can sort something out for your trip. It would be a shame to miss out on meeting up with your parents.

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

dont stress me

my cheapie expedia.ie qantas flight is feb...all looks good so far....i can log in and manage my flight etc, so looks legit
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
marvel
DIS Veteran

I have never booked via expedia.ie but have heard from plenty that have and I haven't heard of any issues. I know a lot of people that actually also shop via german and italian Amazon stores because of prices being cheaper than anywhere else.

You are also covered by your credit card, so if after you book you can check the booking and any issues you can chase that up with your credit card provider.
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

i have complete faith that all things will go well.......& nothing can go wrong

Old 10-15-2012, 06:21 AM   #7
eel111
Earning My Ears

We book via Expedia.ie and flew qantas with no problem on the 9th of September.
eel111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
australiankaren

my faith is restored
Old 10-17-2012, 04:55 AM   #9
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf65 View Post
so..looks like our trip to orlando is in jeopardy due to my DH not being albe to be covered for a pre-ex on insurance (long story), he is saying i should go and take the kids on my own as we are meeting my parents from the UK there and who knows if they would ever be able to get there again, as it may be a long long time before DH will get insurance cover....but I would want to change my flights to more direct ones without stopovers and looking on expedia.ie there are some ok prices with QF via DFW
So really has anyone who got hold of those bargain deals a while ago actually used them yet, any issues that anyone knows about? As I used to be a travel agent myself Im always a bit suss about these bargains!!
thanks
If you dont mind me asking what dates are you looking at??
Disneyland Disneyland January 2002,Disneyland January 2006, Disneyland January 2009 , Disneyland February 2010. Disneyland, Walt Disney World & Disney Western Caribbean Cruise November, December 2011 & January 2012 our 9 Week trip.
mareeld86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: