Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #76
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

I must say I liked the fighting posts...not that I liked you were fighting, but EVERY trip DH and I fight so it was nice to see others aren't always happy at the happiest place on earth! So many TR are all butterflies and glitter, but i like that your was real!!!
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #77
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Your dress is GORGEOUS! You are glowing in it!

That is incredible that you got to have the photographs of your dream to come all the way to your wedding.

We just went to a birthday party that had a photobooth and loved it. I'm sure your guests will have lots of fun with it and it's a great way for you to have pictures of all of them after.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #78
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missx0xdelaney View Post
I have to admit I lol'd a little at the fighting posts because they sounded just like me and BF on our last trip. After driving down and spending every minute together for the week there was a point where we had a ridiculous tiff over nothing at Epcot. ("Why are you being snippy with me?" "I'm not, you were being snippy with me?" "Oh okay then. Come get in line to meet Belle.") We are both incredibly stubborn lol.
ahh. there is the key word, STUBBORN. We are too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starann View Post
I must say I liked the fighting posts...not that I liked you were fighting, but EVERY trip DH and I fight so it was nice to see others aren't always happy at the happiest place on earth! So many TR are all butterflies and glitter, but i like that your was real!!!
well, then I am glad I posted it! I struggled with whether I should or not, as I didn't want Bob upset with me or to think I hated him lol. HE does NOT remember the fighting like I do. I said , well it happened, cause I wrote in my joural every night LOLOLOLOLOL. Glad he just remembers 100% fun. Glad OTHER people fight, because honestly, I recall thinking, *** is wrong with us...maybe it IS because everyone on here just posts the good stuff~! The disboards CAN make you feel like a bad diser easily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Your dress is GORGEOUS! You are glowing in it!
thank you!!!
That is incredible that you got to have the photographs of your dream to come all the way to your wedding.

We just went to a birthday party that had a photobooth and loved it. I'm sure your guests will have lots of fun with it and it's a great way for you to have pictures of all of them after.
I'm glad you liked it! I ALWAYS wanted one, as i have a ton of photo booth photos with me and every friend and my kids throughout the years, it's always been something I love! bobs cousin had one at his wedding last year and hardly anyone used it! So, I want to make sure ours gets used!
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #79
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Floral

Hey hey hey! Happy Saturday to you guys! Today is a much needed rest day for me..not that I'll actually get to rest too much, but at least I have no work! Well, dog walking work, I still have a TON of housework! Oh, and kids.. lol! I'm not complaining, poor Bob has a 16 hour double today, with an hour drive there and and hour drive back! He's a better person than me! 18 hours in one day, no thanks!

But hey, you didn't sign on to read about our jobs, you want wedding deets!

So here is the low down, I wanted peonies, ranunculus, and big floral of that nature. NOT happening! January is not the time to get married if you like flowers lol or you are independently wealthy! SO, I'm going to have to compromise!

Luckily for me, Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers, and they aren't outrageously priced for January.

As you know, my wedding colors are black, gray and purple.. but very subtle. The floral is the main source of purple. I was a bit heart broken not to be able to get the flowers I really wanted, but I think the initial mock up was a good compromise.

Keep in mind, this was the first mock up we did with the florist (btw, we are using SHOPRITE LOL)

and here is how that will look with our center pieces (as of now, expect changes lol)

So, that is our center pieces, I want more white (hilarious if you know me!) and the names wont be on there, we have more to add.

As for my Bouquet, no clue! NONE! I have a couple pics, that I am going to share with you, but my heart isn't set on any of it.

I think my favorite is this one, as I don't want a big monstrosity of a bouquet... but again, I feel as if something is missing...

So, you get the idea? I like flowers with character, fuzzy, big,spiky,long,textured, etc.

If y'all find any floral you think I would love, please feel free to post in on here!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #80
inkedupmomma

Let them eat cake!

Ugh.... I can't decide n cake.. I haven't even set up the appointment! Is it weird that I could care less about the cake?

Actually, if I were to be honest, I could care less about most of the details.

Food is yummy, family is great, and I want pictures. All I care about is, that my family has fun, is fed, and that we get some great picture memories! The idea on spending money on floral, cake, and favors is ridiculous to me, but it's tradition, and I get that.

But since I've never dreamt of these things, I have had a harder time communicating what I may want.

I've found some cakes I like, but I'm not dead set on anything. and I only like bits and pieces of each one lol

This first one is my favorite idea, and the one I hope the cake shop can do (cake is included with our wedding package, so I'm not sure how choosy I get to be :/ )

I also like this, although, clearly not big enough

Other options I like

Like I said, my ideal choice would be a small cake to cut, and cupcakes, cause if you know me, you know I love to bake cupcakes!

Again, any input or ideas or pics you come across that remind you of me, post!!!!

Now, I just need to find that three tiered would round thingy in the first pic. I have the wood rounds, I think Bob or his mum are going to try and make a few!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #81
inkedupmomma

Ring a bling

OK, so you have seen my ring, but because I loves it, i will post more pics :D

Also, a side story. The ring Bob bought me, came with a wedding band.

Sorry, couldn't get a great pic :/

I love the band it came with, but never expected it to come with one. I had a necklace my grandmother had given me years ago. It was a gold cross with diamonds... I'm not particularly religious and I certainly do not like yellow gold. So it sat in my lock box for years. My gram always said, if I get married to turn it into a band.

I asked Bob if he minded if I take the cross to our local jeweler, just to see what it would cost to do so, with the plan to wear BOTH bands. He wasn't thrilled but knew how much it meant to me.

I sent it in, and the jeweler called back with a ridiculous price of almost 1k I could buy a new wedding band (diamonds included)for that price! So I sadly declined, and said maybe we could do it as an anniversary ring one year

I get a call a few weeks later from the jeweler.....it went like this:

Hi Ms.Paul, we wanted to call and let you know that the jeweler accidentally turned your necklace into the ring after you asked us not to.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTT

We're very sorry, we can turn it back into the necklace, but since it was our mess up, we wanted to offer you the ring for the cost of the metal only. If you want to come see it before you make any decisions, please do.

So of course I went to go see it, I mean after all, I had never approved of an exact design of the ring, how did they know the thickness I wanted, or spacing of the diamonds? I had only given a very rough idea the first visit.

So, Bob and I both went, and had his mom call them to rip them a new one! This accident seemed highly suspicious, but after all three of us spoke with them with clear heads, we decided it truly was a mess up. A mess up that in a way worked out for us. We wanted the ring, just not for the original price.

But still, what did it look like??

OF COURSE I loved it, it was exactly what I wanted from day one! So, lucky me, Bob said yes, get it! We figured, if we were going to buy it down the line, we might as well get it for the much less expensive price. I do feel spoiled! So I will wear both rings as planned, which I think is going to look gorgeous!

Any idea which ring I should wear where? Does the one Bob bought go in back of my my e-ring or in front?

Here is a pic I found online of both rings...

and just because I love it again...

OKOKOKOKOKO, sorry, I REALLY love my ring and it is SO much more than I ever expected, especially since Bob hates jewelry and diamonds! He done good!

While we were at the jeweler we decided to look for bands for Bob and thank God he chose one that I loved!

Its a brushed titanium
''

Doesn't look like much in the pic, but it's so neat in person!

and now some bonus pics

My veil

The original wedding dress I LOVED, and would have killed for, but didn't have 4 k to spend on

I still love that dress, but am so pleased with what I found

and last but not least, a picture of Bob and I from 1999 when we were both 18! Do you see how in LOVE we were, even back then??

Old 09-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #82
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Forgot to comment yesterday that I am so glad that Jophia will take care of Jack and Kayla for 2 days. I know you love your kids a lot, but every newlywed couple deserves some time alone on their honeymoon. Besides relaxing and having fun in the room I hope you also go out in the park just the two of you. It's so great to be able to sit next to each other on rides, to go at your own pace (whether it's faster or slower than with kids), to do what YOU want regardless of it the kids would like it. Enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
I'm glad you liked it! I ALWAYS wanted one, as i have a ton of photo booth photos with me and every friend and my kids throughout the years, it's always been something I love! bobs cousin had one at his wedding last year and hardly anyone used it! So, I want to make sure ours gets used!
To make sure that everyone uses is I have two suggestions. One wedding we went to last Easter had the photographer set up a mini studio at the entrance, and everybody was asked to have their picture taken (as well as sign the guest book) before entering the main hall. It was just a regular picture though, so not sure how well it would work with a photobooth. The other suggestion would be to ask one of your guests (who you know is sociable and reliable enough) to go around and encourage people to use the photobooth. Maybe going from table to table, especially in "lull" time (between courses, before you arrive, etc.)

Doing my research for my destination wedding, I came across something that a lot of destination brides do. Specific flowers are not always so readily available in Caribbean countries, so several brides used "Real Touch flowers" instead. They are silk flowers that look just like the real thing. You could always look into that, if you care more about the look than the flowers being real. For what it's worth, I prefer the first photo of bouquets, because I'm a big fan of vibrant colors.

If you like cupcakes, I think you should go for it! No one says you need to have a traditional wedding cake. You could have a tiny one if you want to do the whole cutting the cake, and the rest be cupcakes. They can make beautiful arrangements!

I love the rings. So lucky that they made an eternity ring with your old cross, it looks gorgeous!!

I much prefer the dress you ended up choosing. I'm in love with the ruffles on the skirt.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #83
Synndy
Mouseketeer

First off, I need to profess my love for you once again seeing as hydrangeas are my favorite flower as well!!! I swear we are long lost bffs.

I love the bouquets but in my opinion (again, only my opinion, not my wedding) I would do your bouquet in all white. I love the look of a bride bouquet in all white. Its crisp, clean, & classic. It also separates the brides flowers from the bridesmaids & flower girl. Maybe all white flowers with a purple ribbon wrap and white pearl pins? (I freaking love wedding flowers... I should have been a florist )

Your veil is to die for! So you. Its retro and classic. Love it!

I have to say, I really love your dress. Like really really. I think its better than the more expensive one you posted. (again, just my opinion)

Also I am obsessed with the idea of gradient cakes. I have no clue why, I just think they look SO cool.

I'm in love with your band! I cant believe they messed it up!!!! Thats so crazy! But hey, you got a great deal on a beautiful ring.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #84
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synndy View Post
You just reminded me that I forgot to comment on her veil.

I love your veil! For some reason, it's EXACTLY the type of veil I envisioned you wearing.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #85
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

The veil is perfect. I love it

I like the 3rd and 4th bouquet the best.

It would be great if you could do all white flowers and then maybe one purple one in the middle. Wrap it with a purple ribbon.

I had lilies with mine and loved it. Not sure if lilies are available in January. I am so bad with that stuff

The centerpiece flowers are really pretty too

I like the little cake up top an rest being all cupcakes. Such a cute idea

WOW, you sure lucked out with the ring. Glad you got wanted you wanted, for lower price

Engagement ring should go in the front. That is just my opinion of course

Bob's ring is nice too

Think I covered it all
Old 09-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #86
Beka
Goes to 11

Hydrangeas & Bell Jars? Girl you are so Southern!

The wedding band is worn closest to your heart & the engagement ring is on the outside to "protect" it. But wear it how you want.

I love the 1st cake too. It's way more your personality. Make them do it, or shake a cupcake in their faces. How can you say no to cupcakes?

To be perfectly honest, I like your dress WAY better than the 4K dress.

Thanks Mr Jeweler for your happy mistake! It's gorgeous!

Trips to see The Mouse
1984 1988 1992 1994 1995 1996 2009 2010 2012 2013
Old 09-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #87
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

I LOVE the fading cake look.

So exciting to see everything coming together!!

tlenzendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #88
inkedupmomma

Quote:
Forgot to comment yesterday that I am so glad that Jophia will take care of Jack and Kayla for 2 days. I know you love your kids a lot, but every newlywed couple deserves some time alone on their honeymoon. Besides relaxing and having fun in the room I hope you also go out in the park just the two of you. It's so great to be able to sit next to each other on rides, to go at your own pace (whether it's faster or slower than with kids), to do what YOU want regardless of it the kids would like it. Enjoy!!

I think you nailed it! Sitting NEXT to each other on rides alone has me giddy! Needless to say, we are blessed to have Jophia! I should mention that the kids are excited too, not at all feelings hurt!

To make sure that everyone uses is I have two suggestions. One wedding we went to last Easter had the photographer set up a mini studio at the entrance, and everybody was asked to have their picture taken (as well as sign the guest book) before entering the main hall. It was just a regular picture though, so not sure how well it would work with a photobooth. The other suggestion would be to ask one of your guests (who you know is sociable and reliable enough) to go around and encourage people to use the photobooth. Maybe going from table to table, especially in "lull" time (between courses, before you arrive, etc.)
My MILTB and I actually came up with the idea to give each person a ticket in their napkin fold. Best part, she is fashioning it after a vintage WDW ticket stub she had from her honeymoon or a trip Bobs grandpa went on We will also have signs when you first walk in saying photobooth this way

Doing my research for my destination wedding, I came across something that a lot of destination brides do. Specific flowers are not always so readily available in Caribbean countries, so several brides used "Real Touch flowers" instead. They are silk flowers that look just like the real thing. You could always look into that, if you care more about the look than the flowers being real. For what it's worth, I prefer the first photo of bouquets, because I'm a big fan of vibrant colors.
I actually want real flowers really bad. As much as I don't care, I do.... blech. and your opinion is worth everything

If you like cupcakes, I think you should go for it! No one says you need to have a traditional wedding cake. You could have a tiny one if you want to do the whole cutting the cake, and the rest be cupcakes. They can make beautiful arrangements!
I'm really hoping the place goes for it!

I love the rings. So lucky that they made an eternity ring with your old cross, it looks gorgeous!!
thank you thank you! I was really happy with it!

I much prefer the dress you ended up choosing. I'm in love with the ruffles on the skirt.
thank you, me too! odd considering I normally shy away from anything of the sort! I guess everyone's princess comes out at some point in their life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synndy View Post
First off, I need to profess my love for you once again seeing as hydrangeas are my favorite flower as well!!! I swear we are long lost bffs.
me thinks this the truth!

I love the bouquets but in my opinion (again, only my opinion, not my wedding) I would do your bouquet in all white. I love the look of a bride bouquet in all white. Its crisp, clean, & classic. It also separates the brides flowers from the bridesmaids & flower girl. Maybe all white flowers with a purple ribbon wrap and white pearl pins? (I freaking love wedding flowers... I should have been a florist )
OK, so here is the thing. I normally HATE white. So idk if that will happen. With that said, my first thought was, I need more white. SO I think I will have quite a bit.. I also love that big cabbage looking thingy! I'm a fan of texture

Thank you! I love it, but feel like a tool in it! lol

I have to say, I really love your dress. Like really really. I think its better than the more expensive one you posted. (again, just my opinion)
thank you! I'm really glad everyone keeps saying that. The other dress I dreamt for, for years. assumed I could find it NO worries.... wasn't the case!

Also I am obsessed with the idea of gradient cakes. I have no clue why, I just think they look SO cool.

I'm in love with your band! I cant believe they messed it up!!!! Thats so crazy! But hey, you got a great deal on a beautiful ring.
Yeah, I'm not complaining too much!

Quote:
You just reminded me that I forgot to comment on her veil.

I love your veil! For some reason, it's EXACTLY the type of veil I envisioned you wearing.
WOOT! THANK YOU! I'm glad to hear that! Yall are really making me feel like I've done good so far! I was nervous, seeing as I'm not particularly girly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
The veil is perfect. I love it

I like the 3rd and 4th bouquet the best.
Tanka!
It would be great if you could do all white flowers and then maybe one purple one in the middle. Wrap it with a purple ribbon.
OH.. stay tuned for next post...

I had lilies with mine and loved it. Not sure if lilies are available in January. I am so bad with that stuff
don't punch me.. I actually hate lilies :/

The centerpiece flowers are really pretty too
tanka again!
I like the little cake up top an rest being all cupcakes. Such a cute idea
yeah.. I think that is what I am leaning towards!

WOW, you sure lucked out with the ring. Glad you got wanted you wanted, for lower price
me too :D
Engagement ring should go in the front. That is just my opinion of course
OK, that seems to be the word on the street

Bob's ring is nice too
I love it, and was happy he went with that !
Think I covered it all
You're amazing as usual <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beka View Post
Hydrangeas & Bell Jars? Girl you are so Southern!
I really am..shhh.

The wedding band is worn closest to your heart & the engagement ring is on the outside to "protect" it. But wear it how you want.
well I have two rings... was gonna wear one on either side... maybe i'll put both in front? Love that, though, so cute!

I love the 1st cake too. It's way more your personality. Make them do it, or shake a cupcake in their faces. How can you say no to cupcakes?
I don't think they would say no ever..however, a cake is included with my wedding package.. im not sure what that means..size, fondant or no fondant, one tier, 2, 3? no clue yet :/

To be perfectly honest, I like your dress WAY better than the 4K dress.
Thank you so much!

Thanks Mr Jeweler for your happy mistake! It's gorgeous!
Haha.. I'm happy, but still feeling a bit shocked lol. The price was still steep in comparison to what i was thinking... then again, idk what I was thinking as I have NO clue what gold, let alone platinum costs! For future brides, they cost expensive LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlenzendorf View Post
I LOVE the fading cake look.

So exciting to see everything coming together!!
me too, but we'll see! I have SO many ideas floating around, hard to commit to one definite just yet!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #89
inkedupmomma

A few details I forgot

OK, so I forgot a few details!

First thing, about the photo booth, we will have a whole photo room

The place we are getting married at is an inn, and has an upstairs and then the downstairs is where the ceremony/reception will be.

Upstairs is another dining room, and upstairs from that are the inn rooms. The middle floor which is where you arrive at, also leads out to their beautiful new patio/lounge are. and like I said, has a smaller dining room. In that dining room we will have the photo booth, props, advice jars, a place to put the photo strips (actually, I want to leave out s scrap book and supplies so people can make a page!) and we will leave out disposable cameras for people to have fun with!

We will leave a ticket fashioned after the original WDW tix in each persons napkin, in hopes that they will see their ticket to get in and use it.... hoping!

and as far as my bouquet goes. I am hoping to wrap the bottom in lace or twine..BUT, I am adding some of my fav Disney pins along the stems as well I NEED Disney in my wedding, so I am trying to add it in unique special touches!

Originally I was going to make a vinylmation bouquet.. then realized how heavy it would be! SO, I am going to add A vinylmation into the mix! I'll either use one I have, or buy a new one.

I also want to buy the Mrs. and Mr. vinylmations! Actually, Orlando friend (Beka, SYnddy) if you see them in your travels, please let me know!

Otherwise I may make my own? Idk!

and last but not least, and I'm surprised I didn't get hit by you all, my shoes!

They are from Davids Bridal, and are SO comfy. I mean after a while they hurt because I hate heels, but all in all, they felt great! I haven't been able to find a pair I like better yet... I say yet, because, who knows!

*side story- I was dead set against Davids Bridal... I was a total snot, who said I would NOT step foot in one, let alone buy my wedding dress. I wanted couture, Nordstroms, NYC Bridal stores.

Well after a long day of swing and miss at so many bridal stores, my BM Kate and I drove past one, and I said, well, lets stop in, maybe they; have SOMETHING for flower girls, BM, MOH, Mom, grandma? Something, anything!

I check in, and I see Kate RUN towards the dresses and then shes gone.

She comes back with some dresses and says, I found the one.

So I caved, and tried them on. Don't you know, the dress that she said was the one, is the one!

All that smack talk, and I DID find my dress at Davis Bridal, and was actually surprised at how nice some of their dresses really are! Especially the new Vera Wang line!

The reason she said my dress was dress, was that she saw the veil I wanted was swiss dotted, so is my dress! and it was the exact material I wanted!

I'm still in shock! I can't sing praises of their customer service or atmosphere, but if you are on a budget, I suggest swallowing your pride and checking it out, just in case!

So there you have my story, and some more wedding deets.... no clue what to write next :D
Old 09-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #90
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Hi Jenn,

I love your wedding plans so far. Great job, sounds like its going to be beautiful and fun!

My opinions:
I love the dress you have picked out waaaayy better then the other one. It seems like it would be more you. Vintage, fun and flirty. The other one is more traditional.
I guessed you would have black shoes, I absolutely love the fact you have black shoes. It would be cool if you could add a small black feather to your veil, which I love by the way.
I like the first cake with the small tiered cake on top and cupcakes underneath. Very cool. Cupcakes are very trendy and a smart way to serve to your guests.
I like your first bouquet as well, I would just add some greenery to it to hang down, like potato ivy. I am excited to see how it would look with a vinylmation in it and Disney pins. Very cool!
LOVE YOUR RINGS TOO!!!!
Love the photo booth idea...very fun!

Wow...what cool ideas!!
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: