Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 12:43 AM   #31
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso
DD will be taking me to a number of her favorite WDW restaurants and she is thinking about a quick stop at Wawa as it is new to the Orlando area. Being from California, we have no idea what to try there. So, do any East Coasters have any suggestions on their favorites from drinks to snacks etc??
If you enjoy smoothies they have a strawberry, banana, and cream one that is pretty delicious. I cannot comment on there hoagies or other foods as I'm allergic to wheat, but my husband occasionally gets one for lunch and seems to like them ok.
Lemonademouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #32
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC
Quote:

Originally Posted by jennylyn_b

LOL I am not being mean but I thought this was a joke! Personally I would never eat in a Wawa or other convienence store. However, have a great time and good luck!

Have you never gotten a burger from McDonalds? It's pretty much the same thing; fast food. It's not exactly like buying a hot dog from 7-11; WaWa has a huge hot food/deli section with a long counter of sandwich toppings and workers who are there specifically to build your sandwiches. The guy who pumps your gas doesn't just hand you a hoagie.
Actually no we don't eat at McDonald's either LOL but McDonald's doesn't have a gas station attached either...regardless its not a place I would eat but that's my choice! I truly wish OP has a great time though.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #33
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
the Tastycakes that sound yummy
Oh man, Tastycakes. *drools* Kandy Kakes and Krimpets.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #34
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbella16 View Post
My two favorites are-
#1- Turkey Bacon Ranch Ciabatta.. this sandwich is SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!
#2- Meatball Sandwich with grated cheese.. I am picky with meatballs and only like my families lol and I love Wawas!
Wawa has the best coffee too. I also forgot my favorite snack from Wawa would have to be the Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel.. YUM!!!!!!!!
Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonademouth View Post
If you enjoy smoothies they have a strawberry, banana, and cream one that is delicious.
I checked the online menu before your replies and these four items were the ones that caught my eye - interesting because I have been on the cruise line forum where there are pics of beautifully plated items with comments stating that they didn't taste good at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b View Post
Actually no we don't eat at McDonald's either LOL but McDonald's doesn't have a gas station attached either...regardless its not a place I would eat but that's my choice! I truly wish OP has a great time though.
Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
In our Central California town, there are two McDs attached to Chevron gas stations !

Anyway, even with DD working 50-60 hour work weeks, she still can't always afford a TS meal, well, unless I am treating and this will be a new and fun experience for us!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #35
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post
Ahhh my two favorites! I also sneak in a chocolate cupcake here and there too lol

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #36
jreed1920
Mouseketeer

WaWa is more like Sheetz than 7-11. It's not gourmet but similar to mall food court quality vs gas station hot dogs
Old 08-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #37
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreed1920 View Post
WaWa is more like Sheetz than 7-11. It's not gourmet but similar to mall food court quality vs gas station hot dogs
Okay, had to Google Sheetz to see what you meant!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Old 08-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #38
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Oh one more thing.. haha! I may be making more than one suggestion as I keep thinking of them! The Banana Chocolate Smoothie is amazing!!!!!! I am actually going to go run and get one now!

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #39
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbella16 View Post
Oh one more thing.. haha! I may be making more than one suggestion as I keep thinking of them! The Banana Chocolate Smoothie is amazing!!!!!! I am actually going to go run and get one now!
Thanks tinkerbella! I'll be at the World when you are there. Maybe will run into you at Wawa!
Old 08-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #40
Quin
DIS Veteran

Wait! Can somebody confirm that Wawa in Orlando carries Tastykakes?????? I grew up with them and lived in Philly for several years as a young adult, then relocated to the midwest. There are wonderful foods and locally produced snacks here, but no Tastykakes. If I could get a stash on a WDW trip, I might even be able to talk DH into a rental car.........
Old 08-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #41
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

Everything is so awesome here!
cheryllarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #42
JimS4210
Counting down the days until our next vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post
Having a peanut butter kandy kake right now!

Living in NE Philly, we grew up with Wawa on just about every corner. WAY better than a 7-11. No comparison, really. Awesome coffee and their breakfast sandwiches can't be beat. That said, I wouldn't make a special trip to eat there while down in WDW.

Wonder if they're gonna have the touch screens for ordering from the deli?...

Jim

JimS4210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #43
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Wawas are everywhere here! They are great to go if you're looking to grab a quick meal. Their food is very good, in my opinion. The hoagies are good - they have a new pesto spread that I really enjoy. I also really like the touch screens and how easy it is to customize your sandwich.

The soups are yummy too - I particularly like the chicken noodle and the Maryland crab. I'm a big fan of their milkshakes. And their fountain sodas are fun because they have the "flavor shots" - you can add a shot of vanilla, chocolate, raspberry, or cherry to your drink. We are big fans of Wawa here. It's our go-to when we need a quick meal, rather than going to McDonald's or something like that
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #44
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin
Wait! Can somebody confirm that Wawa in Orlando carries Tastykakes?????? I grew up with them and lived in Philly for several years as a young adult, then relocated to the midwest. There are wonderful foods and locally produced snacks here, but no Tastykakes. If I could get a stash on a WDW trip, I might even be able to talk DH into a rental car.........
I Googled Tastykake and they are sold at Publix, Winn-Dixie, Walmart, and even the Hilton on Sandlake Blvd. in the Orlando/Clermont area so I am thinking they will be at Wawa. There are now five Wawas open in the Orlando area and the Wawa website has a link directly for Florida residents!
Old 08-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #45
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

I've seen Tastycakes at the Orlando Publix...just watch, the ones I saw were (way!) past their expiration dates.

Jill in CO